Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:59:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230758 times)
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 07:03:46 PM

Exactly.  They won't know exactly what they have until they actually power up the silicon and make it hash.  Until then, it's a simulated guess...
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 07:08:22 PM

Any idea of price per GH/s?

I am trying to decide to wait for you, or order through KnC.

If you are ok with discarding your KNC product in a couple of months after purchase, then go for it.

yeah, i have to admit this is pretty rude and hostile....

Didn't mean to be rude or hostile. The Knc folks are our very good friends. My point was that the ROI on your investment with the current rigs will not be much more than a couple of months when new more powerful rigs come online.

At which point your rigs have far greater competing hashrate before they can ROI. People who buy KnC kit now or order at the time of Hashast and your preorders will likely recover  most of their investment and be profiting way ahead of your customers for products they purchased at the exact same time.

Your product may win the efficiency over the long term, but it won't bank like a KnC device in September/October.

Your products will have to be priced at a price equal to KnC minus the money their customers can recoup in the time from receipt of order to your own delivery whenever that will be.

I'm not being imflammatory I want choice as much as the next person, but this is common sense in my mind...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
cointerra (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 07:09:29 PM

If you are ok with discarding your KNC product in a couple of months after purchase, then go for it.

Didn't mean to be rude or hostile. The Knc folks are our very good friends. My point was that the ROI on your investment with the current rigs will not be much more than a couple of months when new more powerful rigs come online.

As we all know the ROI from the ASIC mining boxes depreciate at a rate faster than anything else in the world. That was the point I was making, albeit a little flippantly and appeared in poor taste. We don't intend to disparage anyone, any competitor. We believe all healthy competition is good for the Bitcoin ecosystem.

www.cointerra.com - Professional grade Bitcoin mining equipment.
If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
cointerra (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 07:10:57 PM

At which point your rigs haveuch greater competing hashrate before they can ROI. People who buy KnC kit now or order at the time of Hashast and your preorders will likely recover  most of their investment and be profiting way ahead of your customers for products they purchased at the exact same time.

Your products will have to be priced at a price equal to KnC minus the money their customers can recoup in the time from receipt of order to your own delivery whenever that will be.

I'm not being imflammatory I want choice as much as the next person, but this is common sense in my mind...

That is how it will be priced.

If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
greenbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 07:12:29 PM

You realize KnC batch #2 can say the same thing about your product, right? You can actually make this point with all of the companies. I am with Bitcoinarama on this, I like choices, but bursting through the gates with nothing behind you and then start throwing insults around doesn't seem to be the best way to conduct business.
Loredo

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 07:23:03 PM

I like choices, but bursting through the gates with nothing behind you and then start throwing insults around doesn't seem to be the best way to conduct business.
I think we can all give him some slack.  He was being flippant, and it came out wrong.  

Unlike some spokesmen for some companies, he was not being mean-spirited, and he has explained his statement.
Tsukene

Activity: 117

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 07:27:39 PM

I like choices, but bursting through the gates with nothing behind you and then start throwing insults around doesn't seem to be the best way to conduct business.
I think we can all give him some slack.  He was being flippant, and it came out wrong.  

Unlike some spokesmen for some companies, he was not being mean-spirited, and he has explained his statement.

I agree with Loredo here, as the original person who the spokesperson was replying to when he said that, I see it as not a big deal. Because in all honesty he is right to a point.

It's text that you are reading it's hard to understand how he was saying it..

I don't think he was trying to come out and directly put down another company. It's with any other rig from any other company, over time it will become less effective.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful:
34qMeWBdbF47TH65SzWg9iva4M6KvWGPD2
Thanks in advance Smiley
greenbtc

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 07:28:05 PM

That's fine, I didn't see his post as I was writing my post while he responded.
cointerra (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 07:28:35 PM

No mean-spiritedness. We believe in friendly business, healthy competition.

ftping

Activity: 183

200 OK

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 07:38:15 PM

No mean-spiritedness. We believe in friendly business, healthy competition.

Here at bitcointalk.org, we believe in pitchforks.

I think we're all just fed up. A lot of us had BFL or Avalon pre-orders, and we're sick of scams and sick of waiting for products. You can never be too careful in this community. Hell, I could go ahead and create 4 fake LinkedIn profiles and a fake website and fake products, call myself CoinDigging and start taking preorders. Until we actually see products from these guys, how can we say it's not a scam?

Disclaimer, I'm not making any accusations, I'm just stating that it's very easy to scam when you're promising people money generating machines.
dtuur

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 07:40:51 PM

I can attest there is no hostility at all between Cointerra and KnCMiner. Anyone attending Inside Bitcoins in New York could see Ravi and Sam chatting throughout the day.

Here's a shot I snapped of them at the EVR afterparty (forgive the poor quality, my lens was condensated): 

https://i.imgur.com/jKA4pmV.jpg
papamoi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 07:52:21 PM

beside the preorders facts, i ve got a presentation from cointerra where they only shows their interests in mining for themselves and not only selling miners

what is your exact plan?

i ve got a ppt presentation where all this is detailled →i can put it online if someone needs it
cointerra (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 07:58:21 PM

beside the preorders facts, i ve got a presentation from cointerra where they only shows their interests in mining for themselves and not only selling miners

what is your exact plan?

i ve got a ppt presentation where all this is detailled →i can put it online if someone needs it

That is outdated. We do NOT plan to mine. We only plan retail sales.

aerobatic

Activity: 702

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 08:10:27 PM

Great photo !

they seem happy.. but they could be anybody.. how convenient that your lens was smudged ;-)  !

I can attest there is no hostility at all between Cointerra and KnCMiner. Anyone attending Inside Bitcoins in New York could see Ravi and Sam chatting throughout the day.

Here's a shot I snapped of them at the EVR afterparty (forgive the poor quality, my lens was condensated): 

aerobatic

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 08:12:35 PM

I think this underlines the difference that was discussed earlier.  those asic companies that take investment up front have no incentive to sell any hardware to other people and are incentivised to mine themselves (and there are rumours of big companies doing that - episode 22 of Adam Levine's letstalkbitcoin for instance).... and those that take pre-orders have a business selling mining equipment to other miners.   its two quite different business models.

what is your exact plan?

That is outdated. We do NOT plan to mine. We only plan retail sales.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 08:13:07 PM

a hash rate greater than 0.5TH at a power consumption of significantly less than 1 watt/GH.

That sounds like 600TH/s with 300W power consumption.
Very hard to believe.

You have your G and T mixed up.

I meant GH/s, but I still find it hard to believe for a 600GH/s device to consume like 300W

It is all marketing of the words "greater" and "significant".  520 GH/s @ 480W would meet the "definition".  That is why I pointed out there is no spec.  Lots of range in words like "greater" and "significant".  Significant to who.  Some would say 10% better than anyone else is significant (and it probably is in the long run).  You have obviously taken significant to mean 2x better which it probably isn't.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 08:25:43 PM

i refuse to pre-order ... no more! Angry
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 08:33:29 PM

i refuse to pre-order ... no more! Angry

I'm done with pre-orders as well. In a couple of months, a clear ASIC mining hardware leader should emerge and difficulty should stabilize to the point that buyers actually have enough information to calculate ROI with some degree of accuracy.

Right now, pre-orders are just gambling because mining manufacturers constantly miss promised delivery dates and difficulty is skyrocketing.
dtuur

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 08:52:33 PM

Great photo !

they seem happy.. but they could be anybody.. how convenient that your lens was smudged ;-)  !

https://i.imgur.com/jKA4pmV.jpg

Compare with the linkedin profiles here:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ravidiyengar
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sam-cole/1/1a8/22

If you still think this isn't real you are gravely overestimating my photoshop skills ;-)
aerobatic

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 09:09:15 PM

you cant be completely right on both points.  if mining manufacturers are missing promised delivery dates then difficulty shouldn't be skyrocketing...   so someone somewhere is delivering their mining asics!

Right now, pre-orders are just gambling because mining manufacturers constantly miss promised delivery dates and difficulty is skyrocketing.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: