Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:38:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230752 times)
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:46:32 PM

I'm thinking of requesting a refund on my 2th.. doesn't look like they are on schedule

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BtcBling

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:50:23 PM

Would be reaaly nice to get some update from Cointerra. Even if there´s delay. Hashfast at least informed about thier situation.

DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 06:03:06 PM

I'm thinking of requesting a refund on my 2th.. doesn't look like they are on schedule

how are you going to get a refund?

http://cointerra.com/consumer-sales-agreement/

they are pretty clear that they don't want to ever give any money back for any reason

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 06:42:12 PM

If you do get a refund, it would be great info and let everyone know.   Most shops that accept BTC only for preorders are not giving back a dime.   If they give you a refund, it will paint a positive light on them...   KNC was giving refunds up until 24th of September for the first batch or two but they also didn't do BTC only.      Hashfash took only BTC and I don't believe anyone requesting refunds have received one.

Good luck.
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 06:53:09 PM

they are pretty clear that they don't want to ever give any money back for any reason

Based on this I would say they still give refunds if you push it a little bit but would fight it with the ToS if everyone tries to get one:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=312579.0

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 07:42:15 PM

Sorry, Cointerra wasted all your money on a failed attempt to fix a broken chip design.

When more than a month has passed since mock tape-out, and no word of actual tape-out is spoken, we can read between the lines and see something is seriously wrong.

Cointerra probably realized their initial design was unworkable, had to start over from scratch, and then found out the second design wouldn't work either.

So far Cointerra's business model is:

1)  Collect $$$ from pre-orders and investdurrs.

2)  Waste money on failed chip designs

3)  Huh

4) PROFIT

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 06:18:05 AM

Sorry, Cointerra wasted all your money on a failed attempt to fix a broken chip design.

When more than a month has passed since mock tape-out, and no word of actual tape-out is spoken, we can read between the lines and see something is seriously wrong.

Cointerra probably realized their initial design was unworkable, had to start over from scratch, and then found out the second design wouldn't work either.

3)  Huh

4) PROFIT

5) Continue to run ads via Google

6) Huh

7) PROFIT some more.

Every, and I mean EVERY, website I visit for the very first time that participates in Google Adsense, I'm greeted with a CoinTerra ad. Butterfly ads used to be blatant, but not that blatant.

~TMIBITW
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:34:41 AM

3)  Huh

4) PROFIT

5) Continue to run ads via Google

6) Huh

7) PROFIT some more.

Every, and I mean EVERY, website I visit for the very first time that participates in Google Adsense, I'm greeted with a CoinTerra ad. Butterfly ads used to be blatant, but not that blatant.

~TMIBITW

That's just Google ad tracking.  Google knows that you're interested in Bitcoin miners so the will bombard you with ads until you show interest in something else.  Test this by browsing for vacuum cleaners for a few minutes. 
vvic

Activity: 144
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:02:20 AM

You mean you don't block that shit?? I already forgot how ads on the internet look Grin
keysersozeTx

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:34:56 AM

3)  Huh

4) PROFIT

Explain to me how this would be different from your 'heroes' Hashfast? Seems you troll every single ASIC project except the one you ordered from.
Wesly

Activity: 185

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 12:48:26 PM

3)  Huh

4) PROFIT

Explain to me how this would be different from your 'heroes' Hashfast? Seems you troll every single ASIC project except the one you ordered from.

Have you been living under a rock?  The "only" difference is HashFast taped out 2 months ago, so at least, they have spent customers' money in NRE cost and making actual chips, but where is the money that went into CoinTerra's pockets?  Have anything been accomplished other than paying for Google Adwords advertisements?

http://www.uniquify.com/hashfast-and-uniquify-announce-tape-out-of-golden-nonce-bitcoin-network-transaction-verification-chip-to-tsmcs-28hpm-process/
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:08:18 PM

3)  Huh

4) PROFIT

Have you been living under a rock?  The "only" difference is HashFast taped out 2 months ago, so at least, they have spent customers' money in NRE cost and making actual chips, but where is the money that went into CoinTerra's pockets?  Have anything been accomplished other than paying for Google Adwords advertisements?

http://www.uniquify.com/hashfast-and-uniquify-announce-tape-out-of-golden-nonce-bitcoin-network-transaction-verification-chip-to-tsmcs-28hpm-process/

Where is the PR where uniquify announced that they where on schedule for having the chips ready at the end of october? I was sure to have read it, but not it disappeared...
Ot here anyway, i will crosspost to the right poor's thread.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:02:04 PM

When can I order these for immediate shipping? No more pre-orders without CC or PayPal for me.

ditto the days of we get your money and ship late are gone imho esp since knc at least got out the door mostly on time and they take cc and paypal yet..the last I think to do so

no more "trust" like I gave to BFL ..cc or paypal only from now on for this boy also

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
keysersozeTx

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:02:15 PM

3)  Huh

4) PROFIT

Where is the PR where uniquify announced that they where on schedule for having the chips ready at the end of october? I was sure to have read it, but not it disappeared...

But you don't understand. He really wants to win a Babyjet so shilling for Hashfast is a small price to pay! They came out a week ago and said they would be a month late but they are obviously still better then anyone else.
Wesly

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 02:23:00 PM

Cheesy

3)  Huh

4) PROFIT

But you don't understand. He really wants to win a Babyjet so shilling for Hashfast is a small price to pay! They came out a week ago and said they would be a month late but they are obviously still better then anyone else.

Yes, I really want to win my non-existing BabyJet  Cheesy  But seriously, you are the one who ask to explain how CoinTerra is different from HashFast and I gave you a factual answer, and it is obviously you are clueless about what is going on outside of CoinTerra and too busy drooling over their high-schooler 3D CAD drawing, which btw HashFast has actual photos of the Sierra chassis taken at their manufacturing facility no less.  So yeah, CoinTerra is no different than HashFast if you are saying neither one has a working ASIC hashing machine.  You could have also said the same thing about KnC back in September, but look where they are now.

The fact is HashFast is making and showing progress and CoinTerra is not.  This is not to say HashFast will not end up being BFL (1 year late), but they could also very well be KnC (albeit a month or 2 late).
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:27:20 PM

If i where to be able to move my bet from HF to Cointerra, i would.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Wesly

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 02:32:19 PM

Really?  You got way too much money to waste!  All that profits from Avalon B2 must have screwed with your head.  Oh well, you know what they say, easy come, easy go...
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:34:36 PM

Really?  You got way too much money to waste!  All that profits from Avalon B2 must have screwed with your head.  Oh well, you know what they say, easy come, easy go...
Thanks for the feedback.

BtcBling

Activity: 211

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:46:22 AM

Cointerra is hiring, what this means? Expanding or lost in the woods?

http://cointerra.com/news/
Hiring: Lead Physical Design Engineer, Hiring: Principal Design Engineer,Hiring: Principal Verification Engineer

dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:10:23 AM

Cointerra is hiring, what this means? Expanding or lost in the woods?

http://cointerra.com/news/
Hiring: Lead Physical Design Engineer, Hiring: Principal Design Engineer,Hiring: Principal Verification Engineer

Hmm.... does not look good.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: