Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 11:55:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230791 times)
gkm22d

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:55:15 AM

Hopefully they're taking lessons from what's happening with HashFast.

What exactly are you referring to?
eve

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:27:49 AM

Curious to see their pricing so I can make my final decision on my last rig order of 2013.

Since they said they'll beat everyone's pricing I'm guessing they'll offer a 500GH/s unit at $4.5-5K. If it's somehow lower than this I'll be pleasantly surprised.

They'll need to do much better then that.  You have an $7k, 400Mh/s unit in September, and then a $5.6k 400Mh/s unit in Late October.  The difficulty is going to double between those time periods, and likely most of the mining profitability will be gone - the delay will cost more then the 'discount'.

Great points. I revise my estimate down to: 500GH/s at $3.5-4K, assuming shipping begins in late Nov. - early Dec.

They NEED to be much Lower than that !! $3.5K for a 500GH/s is Way TOO EXPENSIVE and they need to have Guarantee Delivery Time and make used  of Paypal and credit cards.

Don't Buy if they cannot fulfilled the requirements above!!
gkm22d

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 10:08:39 AM

They NEED to be much Lower than that !! $3.5K for a 500GH/s is Way TOO EXPENSIVE and they need to have Guarantee Delivery Time and make used  of Paypal and credit cards.

I agree entirely. $8k October, $4k November, $2k December and $1k for January delivery.

Well, I agree on the prices. I don't see any need for credit cards and PayPal.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 10:16:38 AM

They NEED to be much Lower than that !! $3.5K for a 500GH/s is Way TOO EXPENSIVE and they need to have Guarantee Delivery Time and make used  of Paypal and credit cards.

I agree entirely. $8k October, $4k November, $2k December and $1k for January delivery.

As recent business practices have highlighted, i.e. BFL and Avalon, there is every need for credit cards and Paypal on pre-orders and promises from unknown strangers without experience in the Bitcoin ASIC mining market. Too much room to purposefully delay, or make mistakes and delay beyond a reasonable timeframe.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 10:18:31 AM

Possibly their acceptance reduces the likelihood of being scammed.
eve

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:32:11 PM

Possibly their acceptance reduces the likelihood of being scammed.

Consumers and customers need protection from being scammed
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 02:04:05 PM

More pre-orders. Sigh, I hope we don't get another BFL or BitSynCon.

We need more specs than this. Price per GH/s is a start.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
eve

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:25:52 PM

Where are the technical specs, their design team, Fab, their address and contact numbers?
deadgiveaway

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:15:28 PM

Where are the technical specs, their design team, Fab, their address and contact numbers?

Where everything else is in Bitcoin land.. In a deep dark place no one has access to.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 08:26:15 PM

Where everything else is in Bitcoin land.. In a deep dark place no one has access to.

This. So much this.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:44:45 PM

Round 1
Avalon, BFL, ASICMiner

Round 2
BitFury and KNC

Round 3
HashFast, XCrowd, Cointerra, Avalon v2

The pricing in round 3 is going to be cut throat.  XCrowd priced at $16k for 2.4 THs units.    So far that is the best price; right?

Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:12:31 PM

Round 1
Avalon, BFL, ASICMiner

Round 2
BitFury and KNC

Round 3

The pricing in round 3 is going to be cut throat.  XCrowd priced at $16k for 2.4 THs units.    So far that is the best price; right?
Round 3 is likely to crash and burn, methinks--if KNC ships there's going to be blood in the water everywhere else. Customers will melt away even at the cutthroat prices offered, and companies will be skinned to the bone on profit and not want to bother continuing for but little remuneration.

If you have a miner that's paid its hardware costs by November, you're in a pretty good position and it becomes a drawn-out efficiency game until the price of bitcoin either goes up considerably again or some new and more efficient tech comes down the pike.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 09:24:19 PM

Round 1
Avalon, BFL, ASICMiner

Round 2
BitFury and KNC

Round 3

I don't really get why people take XCrowd seriously. It seems scam-y as hell.

cointerra (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 11:28:33 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 12:54:46 AM by cointerra

Actually, I think price would be more important.
Something is only a competitive advantage if your competition can't match it. KNC already announced a $5k price in November--the likely earliest ship date for Cointerra. What Cointerra might have on KNC is efficiency, maybe, we don't know exactly yet or by how much. KNC meanwhile has an earlier ship date, and that matters way more unless Cointerra wants to drop their miner's price precipitously in Nov, sub $5k, which I doubt they want to do.

Right, and unlike Cointerra, KnC has already paid for all their NRE.   That means that, unlike Cointerra and KnC at this point - they can dump the chips for any price above their fabrication/production/shipping cost and still make a profit.  

In fact, they can actually operate at a slight loss until their competition gives up.

Only way Cointerra can beat them is if their chips are far cheaper to produce then KnC's.

Hopefully they're taking lessons from what's happening with HashFast.

The cost to produce silicon is far lower for us than the competition. The reasons being; we have way much better perf/mm2 and W/perf. So, yes we will be able to sell chips at a more affordable price for the low end miner.

www.cointerra.com - Professional grade Bitcoin mining equipment.
If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
cointerra (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 11:35:28 PM

This. So much this.

$/GH is coming soon. By end of this month it will be all out there on our website.
Design team is based in Austin, TX. Our Foundry is Global Foundries, Physical Design and Tapeout is done by Open-Silicon.
We are building our customer support team now, once we have it in place, we will give out our phone #s.

If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
newmars

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:35:58 PM

when will the price info be released?

The cost to produce silicon is far lower for us than the competition. The reasons being; we have way much better perf/mm2 and W/perf. So, yes we will be able to sell chips at a more affordable price for the low end miner.

cointerra (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 11:38:32 PM

when will the price info be released?

The price info will be released before end of the month. The specs, SKUs, will all be released. We are waiting for our e-commerce platform to be ready before posting the price information. Don't want to release it prematurely when we still cannot accept orders.

Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 11:42:34 PM

Do you have some insider information on KnC and/or HashFast? Do you know how big their dies are going to be? Or are you just assuming that because your design is so awesome there's obviously no way your competition could be close Grin

H/s/mm2 is a big deal, but at this point H/Joule isn't all that relevant at the moment, and hopefully won't be for a while.

cointerra (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 11:46:08 PM

Do you have some insider information on KnC and/or HashFast? Do you know how big their dies are going to be?

H/s/mm2 is a big deal, but at this point H/Joule isn't all that relevant at the moment.

H/Joule is relevant for us because that is what allowed us to pack more hash engines in the die without going overboard on the wattage. A better H/Joule allowed us a better overall H/mm2.

WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:50:14 PM

I don't really get why people take XCrowd seriously. It seems scam-y as hell.

The issue I have with them is the high level of design.. weird, i know.  But no other company has put so much effort in design at their stage other than BFL.

The other thing keeping them talked about is the ability to escrow the funds.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: