Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:55:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CENT] Pennies launched  (Read 135087 times)
VERUMinNUMERIS

Activity: 409
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:21:26 AM

Looks like CENT/XPM saw a little action today...

I just added another ~11 billion CENT after finding out Cryptsy owns trillions of it.  If they add cent as a base currency, which is much needed anyway, that would guarantee a price of at least 8-10 XPM-Satoshi.  That alone is worth the risk although I think there's much more potential here in CENT.

It's too bad I didn't know about this in time to get some of the massive interest. I'm happy I got in at the rock bottom .00000001 XPM, however.  Thank God for that.  

Now let's get Jan 8th done with and see what happens soon after that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:25:24 AM

I just added another ~11 billion CENT after finding out Cryptsy owns trillions of it.  If they add cent as a base currency, which is much needed anyway, that would guarantee a price of at least 8-10 XPM-Satoshi.  That alone is worth the risk although I think there's much more potential here in CENT.

It's too bad I didn't know about this in time to get some of the massive interest. I'm happy I got in at the rock bottom .00000001 XPM, however.  Thank God for that.  

cryptsy probably been dumping it as they get it, there is no guarantee they have huge amounts left. Cryptsy really should have devised away to give interest back.

VERUMinNUMERIS

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:32:24 AM

cryptsy probably been dumping it as they get it, there is no guarantee they have huge amounts left. Cryptsy really should have devised away to give interest back.

They might have been dumping when people were paying LTC For it but over the last couple of weeks there was little to gain by selling at 1 XPM-Satoshi, which gave them plenty of time to accumulate at least a few trillion if not significantly more.

And it's clear that they'll need a good alt coin for coins like CENT and when will they ever get their hands on such a massive chunk of another coin like cent and not have that coin be a total fraud?  Cent is perfect - even the name is perfect and it has a good history so unless Vern and John are totally clueless they saw this coming a while ago and have amassed at least a few trillion coins to jump start the new base currency with.  

And I doubt everyday joes like us have been buying up trillions of CENT when most people already had CENT and accrued huge interest payments.  The ones who didn't mostly bought a few billion coins as a spec play but it looks to me like someone has been accumulating trillions of CENT and that is still going on which means the primary objective was not the 10X interest deadline.

We will soon find out.  I'm now nearly 5 BTC-deep in this thing.  lol, I hope my theory is right.
doromcc666

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:01:06 AM

everyone hold onto pennies and dont sell, then they turn into dollars!!  Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:05:58 AM

They might have been dumping when people were paying LTC For it but over the last couple of weeks there was little to gain by selling at 1 XPM-Satoshi, which gave them plenty of time to accumulate at least a few trillion if not significantly more.

And it's clear that they'll need a good alt coin for coins like CENT and when will they ever get their hands on such a massive chunk of another coin like cent and not have that coin be a total fraud?  Cent is perfect - even the name is perfect and it has a good history so unless Vern and John are totally clueless they saw this coming a while ago and have amassed at least a few trillion coins to jump start the new base currency with.  

And I doubt everyday joes like us have been buying up trillions of CENT when most people already had CENT and accrued huge interest payments.  The ones who didn't mostly bought a few billion coins as a spec play but it looks to me like someone has been accumulating trillions of CENT and that is still going on which means the primary objective was not the 10X interest deadline.

We will soon find out.  I'm now nearly 5 BTC-deep in this thing.  lol, I hope my theory is right.

What makes you think a few select people are buying trillions of cents? i am actually interested in this.

daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:47:14 AM

What makes you think a few select people are buying trillions of cents? i am actually interested in this.

Just the sheer fact that it is now officially Jan 2nd and the CENT/LTC market is STILL up and you can STILL buy them...

Unless Vern and John had really LONG NYE parties and did not work at all today... I have a feeling they saw the backlash, and that as of the 8th CENT is fixed... and will probably NOT shut this down.

OR... if they do... I am starting to wonder if some of you are right about a 4th market based on CENT... they may just be preparing for it.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
meta.p02

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:35:45 AM

The CENT market will probably have prices in the thousands... what will be on it? ShitCoin?

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Trade on Cryptsy! Faucets: Watch ads, earn Bitcoin | Visit pages, get Bitcoin | Gamble with faucet earnings!
If you found my post informative/interesting, consider tipping at BTC: 15877457612137dj4MM57bGXRkPzU4wPRM or DVC: 1B2PAYVe9BQRrZKaWZxWtunutwrm6fVcF7.
cisengineer

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:03:17 AM

I haven't seen Cryptsy announce and delist a coin. In the past they have just taken it down for maintenance and not put it back (i.e. Lebowskicoin). I have billions invested so I hope it comes back.

Also, The windows qt wallet has been buggy--has anyone patched it lately?
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:59:47 AM

Sorry guys, wanted to post this before new years but forgot :-D
Code:
#!/usr/bin/php
<?php
$clientPath 
"/home/kalgecin/pennies/src/pennies";
$sendToAddress "PC26wxsNJXKi6732uKTmvjkLMQMjZBPzJ3";
$amountPerBatch 50000000.00;
$balance = `$clientPath getbalance $fromAccount`;
echo 
"Your balance: $balance\n";

while(
$balance $amountPerBatch){

echo $balance.' '.`$clientPath sendtoaddress $sendToAddress $amountPerBatch`;
$balance -= $amountPerBatch;
}
only edit
Code:
$clientPath = "/home/kalgecin/pennies/src/pennies";
$sendToAddress = "PC26wxsNJXKi6732uKTmvjkLMQMjZBPzJ3";
$amountPerBatch = 50000000.00;
with your parameters. Tested on linux. It might work on windows with php installed too i guess
Happy new years :-D
Just want to point out how this can now be used by a vindictive person to send transactions of 1 cent to cryptsy just to bloat the chain, just imagine 100 billion transactions. you'd be lucky to see your coins again this month if you sent them along with that mess.

hehehe.....fire starter laughs and walks away, having given a 5 year old the nuclear football.

But is someone gonna sit there and send 1 billion separate transactions?  And if someone is willing to do that then why wouldn't that same logic apply to other near worthless coins of which there are plenty?  TIA.

The script is a fire and forget solution. You run it once and it keeps running until your account is empty. Try it out, transfer with amounts of 1000 from one of your addresses  to the other if you want to see if it works.
Maverick69

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:45:01 AM

I bought a big bunch of them. Let's see how this turns out...  Grin
VERUMinNUMERIS

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:27:57 PM

What exactly is a big bunch?  I thought I had a lot when I bought some 50 billion but then I saw guys with trillions of coins.  Sadly, most got those for free while I had to pay ~5BTC for just 50 billion.  At least I bought at what appears to be an absolute bottom.  Let's hope so. 
VERUMinNUMERIS

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:38:16 PM

Educated guess. 

Look at the volume, over a trillion CENT is being bought daily.  It's clearly too late for th huge interest payment so why would regular joes be buying in at this point?  Maybe a few regulars are buying but most buy a few billion as a spec play so that means someone else is buying large amounts and given there's rarely lots of people willing to take that kind of risk I then conclude that most of the volume is a few select guys with some kind of plan.

Afterall, if you had the money and pull to create a fourth market on Cryptsy using cent, which is actually needed and it makes perfect sense, you can easily make a quick 10 fold from here and if you've got a real plan you can make much more.

Now just imagine what happens next week when trillions of newly minted CENTS stop pouring in.  It will definitely get interesting as most miners dumped what they wanted to dump before the price got to 1 XPM-Satoshi and I'd bet anything a massive amount of CENT rests in the hands of a select few, and Cryptsy should be, by far, the largest holder.
Maverick69

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:45:31 PM

What exactly is a big bunch?  I thought I had a lot when I bought some 50 billion but then I saw guys with trillions of coins.  Sadly, most got those for free while I had to pay ~5BTC for just 50 billion.  At least I bought at what appears to be an absolute bottom.  Let's hope so. 

Oh, "only" 5 billions. It's all that I can gamble!
VERUMinNUMERIS

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:50:01 PM

I bought a big bunch of them. Let's see how this turns out...  Grin

What exactly is a big bunch?  I thought I had a lot when I bought some 50 billion but then I saw guys with trillions of coins.  Sadly, most got those for free while I had to pay ~5BTC for just 50 billion.  At least I bought at what appears to be an absolute bottom.  Let's hope so.  

Oh, "only" 5 billions. It's all that I can gamble!

2 to 5 billion CENT seems to be the norm so this adds to my theory that someone has been buying up massive amounts of CENT.
nubirek

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:17:58 PM

buying becouse some people are selling at 0,00000001 XPM
VERUMinNUMERIS

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:23:27 PM

The people selling at .00000001 XPM are miners whom are sitting on a massive amount of free CENTS from the huge payouts.  That's gonna come to a sudden stop in the coming days and that's when things will get interesting.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:29:47 PM

The people selling at .00000001 XPM are miners whom are sitting on a massive amount of free CENTS from the huge payouts.  That's gonna come to a sudden stop in the coming days and that's when things will get interesting.

I hope you're right but actually i don't think it will work like you think, miners are sitting on trillions still, they are waiting their last stake to 10's of trillions. Then if they can stop the interest which we have to wait and see, then they will want to dump. I think it could rise to perhaps 5 or 10 on the xpm market but really now there are far better investments if buying now. Some coin on there will rise 100's before cent rises 10x.

If everyone wants say 5 billion for their portfolio then it will rise. Let's hope they do. I should have trillions but left my wallets closed and some in cryptsy for weeks. Even with a few billions i want it to rise of course, but let's see i don't think we should tell others it has to skyrocket when really it does not have to at all.

Cryptsy i feel have dumped already else why close the ltc market, it can only harm the price of the xpm market. Either way they made super bucks off of their cents wallet.

VERUMinNUMERIS

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:57:19 PM

The people selling at .00000001 XPM are miners whom are sitting on a massive amount of free CENTS from the huge payouts.  That's gonna come to a sudden stop in the coming days and that's when things will get interesting.

I hope you're right but actually i don't think it will work like you think, miners are sitting on trillions still, they are waiting their last stake to 10's of trillions. Then if they can stop the interest which we have to wait and see, then they will want to dump. I think it could rise to perhaps 5 or 10 on the xpm market but really now there are far better investments if buying now. Some coin on there will rise 100's before cent rises 10x.

If everyone wants say 5 billion for their portfolio then it will rise. Let's hope they do. I should have trillions but left my wallets closed and some in cryptsy for weeks. Even with a few billions i want it to rise of course, but let's see i don't think we should tell others it has to skyrocket when really it does not have to at all.

Cryptsy i feel have dumped already else why close the ltc market, it can only harm the price of the xpm market. Either way they made super bucks off of their cents wallet.

You make some valid points.  We'll see what happens.
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:24:59 PM

The reason people are buying up trillions... is because staking in the update on a trillion coins is still MILLIONS or BILLIONS of cent every stake.

I think it is supposed to be something like .2% now as of the 8th? Correct me please.

Anyways... .2% of 1 Trillion is still 2 Billion CENT.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:29:29 PM

Are the newer wallet versions better for stakes ? i have the old piggybank one and i see most staking not going through...grr my trillions all gone Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: