Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:19:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CENT] Pennies launched  (Read 135087 times)
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 09:19:44 PM

Are the newer wallet versions better for stakes ? i have the old piggybank one and i see most staking not going through...grr my trillions all gone Smiley
Newer wallet is avaliable in centcoin.org
You can download
I hope stakes will start from Jan 8 so its better if you will be prepared.

Good Luck

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Peacefrog

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:32:08 PM

How do i update my new wallet. do i send funds from the old piggybank to this? or does it just overwrite my wallet.dat

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. Sha9sRtV5ermdZKwxZJPdT1cStK5RGWxGr
meta.p02

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:19:43 AM

If I have a 170-million coin output can I stake it? It will form 2 outputs of nearly 1 billion each, but is the resulting transaction legal?

Also, could we raise the coin limit to, say, 100 trillion coins?

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Trade on Cryptsy! Faucets: Watch ads, earn Bitcoin | Visit pages, get Bitcoin | Gamble with faucet earnings!
If you found my post informative/interesting, consider tipping at BTC: 15877457612137dj4MM57bGXRkPzU4wPRM or DVC: 1B2PAYVe9BQRrZKaWZxWtunutwrm6fVcF7.
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:45:43 AM

I've had a buy order for .00000001 XPM on Cryptsy for 8 hours or so. I'm still waiting. Is this because some people are buying it for .00000002?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
VERUMinNUMERIS

Activity: 409
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:50:15 AM

I've had a buy order for .00000001 XPM on Cryptsy for 8 hours or so. I'm still waiting. Is this because some people are buying it for .00000002?

No, it's because there's a constant order on there for half a trillion CENT which is constantly filled but you have to wait your turn in the que.  this is why I said someone is accumulating trillions of CENT cause there's no reason now (with the big interest gone) to buy CENT unless you're expecting big things.  Especially when you consider that people are now paying double for XPM compared to a few days ago.

And BTW, idiots are still paying .00000001 LTC for CENT.  That's 8 times the current market price.  Pretty stupid.
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:59:16 PM

The reason people are buying up trillions... is because staking in the update on a trillion coins is still MILLIONS or BILLIONS of cent every stake.

I think it is supposed to be something like .2% now as of the 8th? Correct me please.

Anyways... .2% of 1 Trillion is still 2 Billion CENT.

Under the 8th Jan rules, 1 trillion will create approximately 900m of new coins after the typical 9 days.

Code:
Original amount * days since creation * 0.0001 = New coins
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:21:58 PM

How does someone get these new coins? How does it work?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:06:32 PM

And BTW, idiots are still paying .00000001 LTC for CENT.  That's 8 times the current market price.  Pretty stupid.

SSSSHHHHHHH!!!  I still have a sell order for 0.00000001 on the LTC market I want to fill Smiley
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:14:47 PM

The number of available coins here is staggering.

I was thinking of maybe getting a few Trillion just for fun. Oh what the heck, lets make it a Quadrillion!
Desten

Activity: 357

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:21:59 PM

Under the 8th Jan rules, 1 trillion will create approximately 900m of new coins after the typical 9 days.

Code:

I recieved nothing. Sent to wallet 1bil to test this (23.12.2013 06:xx) and still nothing mined. Only ~20 cents.
Wallet opened from that moment (but no need in that), command "mintpennies true" entered 5 times. Nothing after more than 11 days.
daemonfox

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:33:45 PM

Code:

I recieved nothing. Sent to wallet 1bil to test this (23.12.2013 06:xx) and still nothing mined. Only ~20 cents.
Wallet opened from that moment (but no need in that), command "mintpennies true" entered 5 times. Nothing after more than 11 days.

Seeing as that does not take affect unti AFTER the start of Jan. 8th... you are still under the bugged calc of the SUPER stake... which... WILL NEVER stake for a block of 1 billion coins because the max transaction allowed IS 1 billion coins.

If you read this thread you would know the largest blocks that can be staked are 99M coins... after the 8th... THEN you might get a stake for the formula amount you posyed.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Petr1fied

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:39:49 PM

Even 99 million transactions is really pushing the limits under the old rules. You'd literally have to stake in 9 days to the hour for it not to go over 1 billion and with the current stake congestion you'd be very lucky to stake them.
Desten

Activity: 357

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:47:33 PM

Seeing as that does not take affect unti AFTER the start of Jan. 8th... you are still under the bugged calc of the SUPER stake... which... WILL NEVER stake for a block of 1 billion coins because the max transaction allowed IS 1 billion coins.
I've sent 99.9M to one address, 5*99.9M to another and other coins by 99.9M per one new address. All addresses generated in one wallet. Cryptsy didn't allowed to sent more than 99.9M.

If you read this thread you would know the largest blocks that can be staked are 99M coins... after the 8th... THEN you might get a stake for the formula amount you posyed.
Now i know. But all what i sent was 99 999 999 coins per tx.
VERUMinNUMERIS

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:00:14 PM

I've sent 99.9M to one address, 5*99.9M to another and other coins by 99.9M per one new address. All addresses generated in one wallet. Cryptsy didn't allowed to sent more than 99.9M.

I think each 99 million transaction has to be to a different wallet ID/address.  I made the same mistake, I sent like 20 99 million transactions to 2 different ID/addresses in the same wallet.  So I don't think I'll see any kind of interest vesting in these wallets even though it was the 10.0.0 version. 

Luckily I sent some 50 million and 100 million transactions to seperate addresses in a different wallet on a different laptop and those 50 million txs should vest. 

That wallet is the 9.6 version which means the 100 million transactions will never make babies.  I wish I had understood this earlier.  I kept asking but nobody gave a very clear answer.

I wonder why?
daemonfox

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:25:20 PM

Even 99 million transactions is really pushing the limits under the old rules. You'd literally have to stake in 9 days to the hour for it not to go over 1 billion and with the current stake congestion you'd be very lucky to stake them.

Incorrect.

All my 99,999,999 CENT blocks staked the only issue was an error that popped up about the log not matching the transaction list in the wallet.dat or something... -salvagewallet fixed it completely.

7 of those inputs spit out 14 inputs of 495,XXX,XXX odd amounts.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Petr1fied

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:31:47 PM

I think each 99 million transaction has to be to a different wallet ID/address.  I made the same mistake, I sent like 20 99 million transactions to 2 different ID/addresses in the same wallet.  So I don't think I'll see any kind of interest vesting in these wallets even though it was the 10.0.0 version.  

Luckily I sent some 50 million and 100 million transactions to seperate addresses in a different wallet on a different laptop and those 50 million txs should vest.  

That wallet is the 9.6 version which means the 100 million transactions will never make babies.  I wish I had understood this earlier.  I kept asking but nobody gave a very clear answer.

I wonder why?

We've been telling everyone for 2-3 weeks to upgrade to 0.10.0.0 and that blocks created with older versions past December 31st would be ignored by the network. It's not like we were subtle in this. Pretty much every post by myself of The_Catman in the rejuvenation thread stated that you should upgrade before the deadline.

Under the pre-January 8th rules, unless you stake at 9 days exactly 99.9m transactions will not stake. Use this formula and you'll see why:
Code:
Transaction amount + (Transaction Amount * coin age in days) = total coins

Lets use 99,999,999 as an example and exactly 9 days:
Code:
99,999,999 + (99,999,999 * 9) = 999,999,990

At exactly 9 days this is just 10 coins under the 1 billion limit and literally 1 minute past 9 days means you won't stake under the old rules.

Incorrect.

All my 99,999,999 CENT blocks staked the only issue was an error that popped up about the log not matching the transaction list in the wallet.dat or something... -salvagewallet fixed it completely.

It's not incorrect, you just staked marginally below 9 days. Staking tends to start maybe 1 hour before 9 days. Regardless a 99.9 million transaction has a very tiny window in which to stake so people were taking big risks by attempting to stake values that high under the pre-January 8th rules.

If people used 99.9 million transactions and their stake didn't happen by 9 days exactly they'll likely need to wait until the new rules kick in on January 8th at which point their transactions will successfully stake a much lower amount of coins.
FalconCrypto

Activity: 273

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:39:36 PM

Does it still make sense to buy 1 Billion CENT at XPM .00000001?
VERUMinNUMERIS

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:40:05 PM

I think each 99 million transaction has to be to a different wallet ID/address.  I made the same mistake, I sent like 20 99 million transactions to 2 different ID/addresses in the same wallet.  So I don't think I'll see any kind of interest vesting in these wallets even though it was the 10.0.0 version.  

That wallet is the 9.6 version which means the 100 million transactions will never make babies.  I wish I had understood this earlier.  I kept asking but nobody gave a very clear answer.

I wonder why?

We've been telling everyone for 2-3 weeks to upgrade to 0.10.0.0 and that blocks created with older versions past December 31st would be ignored by the network. It's not like we were subtle in this. Pretty much every post by myself of The_Catman in the rejuvenation thread stated that you should upgrade before the deadline.

Under the pre-January 8th rules, unless you stake at 9 days exactly 99.9m transactions will not stake. Use this formula and you'll see why:
Code:
Transaction amount + (Transaction Amount * coin age in days) = total coins

Lets use 99,999,999 as an example and exactly 9 days:
Code:
99,999,999 + (99,999,999 * 9) = 999,999,990

At exactly 9 days this is just 10 coins under the 1 billion limit and literally 1 minute past 9 days means you won't stake under the old rules.

Incorrect.

It's not incorrect, you just staked marginally below 9 days. Staking tends to start maybe 1 hour before 9 days. Regardless a 99.9 million transaction has a very tiny window in which to stake so people were taking big risks by attempting to stake values that high.

If people used 99.9 million transactions and their stake didn't happen by 9 days exactly they'll likely need to wait until the new rules kick in on January 8th at which point their transactions will successfully stake a much lower amount of coins.

Once again, very confusing.  How does one stake early or late?  You have the coins in the wallet and it stakes automatically, so why wouldn't it stake right on time then?

And what about the guy who sent 99.9 million coins 5 different times to the same address in the same wallet?  Will that stake or will the system see it as 500 million coins and thus no possibility to stake.  These are simple questions for those who know about cent yet there's never any clear answers.
VERUMinNUMERIS

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:42:09 PM

It's risky, especially with XPM costing you double now but then again, it was always risky buying CENT at 1 XPM yet here I am with 60 billion now, and it doesn't look like I'll stake anything thanks to tons of misinformation and a total lack of sensibility to all my questions the last 5 days.
Petr1fied

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:45:42 PM

Once again, very confusing.  How does one stake early or late?  You have the coins in the wallet and it stakes automatically, so why wouldn't it stake right on time then?

And what about the guy who sent 99.9 million coins 5 different times to the same address in the same wallet?  Will that stake or will the system see it as 500 million coins and thus no possibility to stake.  These are simple questions for those who know about cent yet there's never any clear answers.

There are lots of answers, try reading the threads instead of asking the same questions that have been asked and answered many times over.

It's entirely based upon transactions and the time since each transaction was created. You could send 100 transactions to the wallet but at 99 million the chances of all of those staking before it goes past the point where it's creating over 1 billion is very slim.

It's risky, especially with XPM costing you double now but then again, it was always risky buying CENT at 1 XPM yet here I am with 60 billion now, and it doesn't look like I'll stake anything thanks to tons of misinformation and a total lack of sensibility to all my questions the last 5 days.

There's been no misinformation, just your own inability to do research by reading.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: