Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:32:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL] GigaRho Profit-Switching Multipool (Scrypt,x11,sha256,neoscrypt,blake2s)  (Read 2765 times)
dejarumlights

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:06:34 PM

Good afternoon pool team,

I've been running a little scrypt stick for a few weeks now and getting my little 80 cents a week (which is all fine and well for a single MoonLander 2!).

Last night, I felt froggy and snagged an X11 rental off MRR because the math for a few days appeared to come out in my favor. So far, that's proving true on my pending balance. However, my actual balance seems to have flatlined for far more hours than it normally does (I expect it from time to time because of the nature of the beast). Is this just a lengthy exchange delay? Mining on LTC address LcAHuVs5SuUgwQZCsMDd8hSr4m5KyGXWQW. Thanks!!!
GigaRho (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 07:16:18 PM

Again, thanx for the support and feedbacks. And a small question. Have you (or planning to have) some kind of API to automatically get user's earnings?
See my response above - I think it answers your question, unless you were looking for a true api (ie. web service) but this return everything you need and wouldn't be hard to parse the HTML if you needed to put it into another format.

We do have an API, more info is located here.

As far as Litecoin Cash, we already have it on our list for review. It needs to pass a certain number of checks to be added, such as is it stable, what exchanges support it, how difficult will it be on sha256, is the profitability worth it, etc. If it passes our verification and seems like a decent fit, then we will support it and add it as soon as we can. I'll announce more here and on the site if/when we have an update on it.

Good afternoon pool team,

I've been running a little scrypt stick for a few weeks now and getting my little 80 cents a week (which is all fine and well for a single MoonLander 2!).

Last night, I felt froggy and snagged an X11 rental off MRR because the math for a few days appeared to come out in my favor. So far, that's proving true on my pending balance. However, my actual balance seems to have flatlined for far more hours than it normally does (I expect it from time to time because of the nature of the beast). Is this just a lengthy exchange delay? Mining on LTC address LcAHuVs5SuUgwQZCsMDd8hSr4m5KyGXWQW. Thanks!!!

After looking at the wallet you provided, the y-axis balance figures are still immature for your x11 earnings. It takes roughly 24 hrs after you first turn on the machine for immature earnings to confirm. Since your scrypt rig is not nearly as powerful as the x11, it isn't pushing the balance line up as much as it used to since turning on x11. Based on what I see, the balance should start confirming around 10pm EST tonight and the combined balance graph should grow more parallel.
dejarumlights

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:13:57 PM

Gotcha. That's kinda what I figured, but I wanted to double check. Appreciate it!
GEBucky
Copper Member

Activity: 127

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:04:09 PM

Again, thanx for the support and feedbacks. And a small question. Have you (or planning to have) some kind of API to automatically get user's earnings?
See my response above - I think it answers your question, unless you were looking for a true api (ie. web service) but this return everything you need and wouldn't be hard to parse the HTML if you needed to put it into another format.
Sorry - I answered your question for the wrong pool - apologies but was moving between here and MPH and that answer was only relevant there. Your better off here anyway Smiley
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:04:09 PM

rigs on MRR have been super stable running on every algo I have tried (SHA, Scrypt, Neo). I am using d=30K for the S9's and they are hashing great. I wished MRR had a better mechanism then just rolling to the next pool if it has a problem, and not ever trying to revert back to the higher priority pool. Especially on SHA you do need to check periodically - I had 5 machines all roll over to Slushpool a few nights ago and had to go set them all back. Only 1 held on Giga for some reason. I mine enough BTC directly so don't like that happening. Otherwise pool running great. Depending on the day the payout is about 10pct higher that straight BTC mining. BTC diff probably going up next week so that number may grow depending on what they do - they have really jacked up over the last 3-4 weeks. Only getting about .093 BTC per 100Thz at the moment on Slush, and last 24hours on Gigarho is closer to .01. Keep it up!!
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:12:24 PM

I would also be very interested also. I have had no luck on NH with either SHA or Scrypt - have tried every conceivable diff setting and with and without #xsnub. For some reason the workers won't pick it up - I have even tried setting a very high price and no luck. Mining Rig Rentals works great. You do have to watch as will drop the pool occasionally and doesn't revert back from backup pool so have to manually switch it every so often.

Rental prices are dead cheap right now. I am having my solar re-done so I can get more capacity and it's actually significantly cheaper right now to rent S9s or L9s for a month on MRR than the cost of the power to run mine in Northern Ca. So shut the S9 and T9s off and got monthly leases on 3 machines. 3 S9s for a month was a little less than $1K. Power alone would have been $1300. Hate having machines just sitting there but ...

We actually have a couple users live on Scrypt right now using Nicehash and have had dozens use it over the last several weeks. I actually wrote a quick article on the main site to explain it, located here. There is even a picture of the connection details in the article which should be helpful.

As far as Nicehash for sha256, I have not seen a live user try it out yet, but the pool seems to pass the verification when I try it out using the same details except the sha256 port number and the recommended difficulty of d=1000000. Originally the sha256 difficulty of our pool was too low to play nicely with Nicehash, but it has since been adjusted and their pool verification passes our trial attempts. We'll probably give it a spin ourselves soon to ensure everything is also fine.

Going back to your other post, we don't necessarily see as much info about your devices as you do in the Antminer control panel. That being said I've seen many people on forums throughout the past year say that a set difficulty of 128,000 seems to be the sweet spot for the standard L3+ (assuming no Overclock of the chips). Personally I've tried a set difficulty of 128k and var diff and both seem to be decent when the pool sets a close value to that. Essentially the coin offerings, job size and other variables play a bit into what diff number is "perfect". If we get better info than what we have now, we'll be sure to update appropriately.
I have quite a bit of BTC left at Nicehash that they are slowing releasing after the hack (that was a nice surprise as I just assumed that .5 BTC was long gone but so far they seem to be living up to their promise (well, 10pct so far)). Once the next round drops I will go give it another try. Will probably just test the SHA then cancel and use another Algo as have enough SHA for now. Particularly on SHA on NH, I hate having to constantly go back and see if prices have moved and my contract isn't live anymore. And the fixed contracts are pretty expensive. Just feels like I am getting gamed. MRR just is more predicable - and typically cheaper.  A lot of people love NH, an it is a little easier to use.
On the L3 point - I reverted back to vardiff and it seems fine. Not sure you changed anything but it now seems to be moving it between 120 and 240K nicely. Previously it just seemed like everything good pegged at 240K on vardiff. Have 4 pointed at you and they are all between 120 and 160K at moment. 3 are overclocked to 550Mhz, one is not. I may move another 3 or 4 over next weekend as returns look good.
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 02:21:42 AM

I have quite a bit of BTC left at Nicehash that they are slowing releasing after the hack (that was a nice surprise as I just assumed that .5 BTC was long gone but so far they seem to be living up to their promise (well, 10pct so far)). Once the next round drops I will go give it another try. Will probably just test the SHA then cancel and use another Algo as have enough SHA for now. Particularly on SHA on NH, I hate having to constantly go back and see if prices have moved and my contract isn't live anymore. And the fixed contracts are pretty expensive. Just feels like I am getting gamed. MRR just is more predicable - and typically cheaper.  A lot of people love NH, an it is a little easier to use.
On the L3 point - I reverted back to vardiff and it seems fine. Not sure you changed anything but it now seems to be moving it between 120 and 240K nicely. Previously it just seemed like everything good pegged at 240K on vardiff. Have 4 pointed at you and they are all between 120 and 160K at moment. 3 are overclocked to 550Mhz, one is not. I may move another 3 or 4 over next weekend as returns look good.

A few days ago we tried using Nicehash for sha rentals again and have confirmed that one of our previous plans is a good option. Basically we want to be able to support a broad array of devices. People who still have miners operating in the GH/s range need a lower difficulty option and those using S9s or as high as Nicehash demands need a separate option so each category can run smoothly. I know we have been testing what would work best for everyone and we want to go through some further testing before making anything public. Making sure earnings are properly recorded is a big thing to ensure before making this live. Occasionally some of the sha restarts have been to apply some of these changes to see how machines adjust or improve with changes based on pool hashrate and machine type.

We are going through each algo and looking at what can be improved, many cryptos have increased in difficulty or decreased in profitability so we will continue monitoring each option as efficiently as possible. After many years in mining, I know how important it is to maximize your miner's efforts for time spent. There are a lot of things in the works that we think will help with that.

On your note about scrypt, we haven't adjusted anything difficulty-wise on our end, but the available selection of what cryptos the profit-switching is trying to find has a bit to do with what var diff is selecting. Certain coins just have better performance in job relay and we try to adjust depending on availability.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:45:24 AM

A few days ago we tried using Nicehash for sha rentals again and have confirmed that one of our previous plans is a good option. Basically we want to be able to support a broad array of devices. People who still have miners operating in the GH/s range need a lower difficulty option and those using S9s or as high as Nicehash demands need a separate option so each category can run smoothly. I know we have been testing what would work best for everyone and we want to go through some further testing before making anything public. Making sure earnings are properly recorded is a big thing to ensure before making this live. Occasionally some of the sha restarts have been to apply some of these changes to see how machines adjust or improve with changes based on pool hashrate and machine type.

We are going through each algo and looking at what can be improved, many cryptos have increased in difficulty or decreased in profitability so we will continue monitoring each option as efficiently as possible. After many years in mining, I know how important it is to maximize your miner's efforts for time spent. There are a lot of things in the works that we think will help with that.

On your note about scrypt, we haven't adjusted anything difficulty-wise on our end, but the available selection of what cryptos the profit-switching is trying to find has a bit to do with what var diff is selecting. Certain coins just have better performance in job relay and we try to adjust depending on availability.

Thanks - I can certainly understand the competing priorities and would very much prefer stability and profitability over trying to accommodate every new "ask" be it from me or anyone. Would rather have your focus on finding the right coins and maximizing that.  I think the NH minimum diff is ridiculous personally. From and S9/T9/L3 and MRR perspective everything is running great. I get that some of the lower hash rate miners have different needs. Tough sledding in the ghz range on SHA these days. I have a 16 2pac rig (400 ghz) that I just point at Multipool's DGB port (and Moonlanders at the Scrypt DGB port). Big fan of that coin so just accumulating slowly that way. Maybe not profit optimal but neither its a freaking 16 2pac rig on a $300 49 port Eyeboot hub Wink. You can't be everything to everyone but appreciate the loyalty to your miners. You guys are doing a great job and really fantastic on response time along with running a profitable pool. As long as the profits stay competitive, pool is stable, and is not too hard on the owned Antimers I am all good. You have (IMHO) the best SHA and Scrypt pool out there. No rig spin up and down on coin switch, and normally a decent premium to BTC/LTC only mining. And you listen to you members. Can't ask for a lot more. I use MPH a lot for Equihash and it's not nearly as graceful on coin switches. Multipool is a great site (I know the owner/operator reasonably well) but not having aftoexchange sucks for me and coin selection is lower. For some folks may be a good option for now as he does have a low diff port.

Stumptown99

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:18:58 PM

Today my live balance reduce by 20% after 5 MonkeyProjec coins were removed from my immature balance. Can you explain why awarded coins would be reversed?La4GfpSgDgrxGuE15KkUDptAL1Nw6UWSSw
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 09:36:33 PM

Today my live balance reduce by 20% after 5 MonkeyProjec coins were removed from my immature balance. Can you explain why awarded coins would be reversed?La4GfpSgDgrxGuE15KkUDptAL1Nw6UWSSw

Hello,

For a period of about an hour, the MONK coin daemon created orphan blocks that artificially grew balances when the system believed they were real for a short period. The issue was fixed as soon as possible and it should now be functioning properly from this point on. MONK is a pretty large profit coin and is usually very difficult to find in comparison to other options that bring in regular and stable growth. The live x11 status page is the best place to see when these orphaned blocks happen if they do. The wallet page does not reflect any orphan blocks, but we leave them visible on the other page so you know what actually happened to each specific block.

We are working on something to make it more clear if situations like this ever do happen, but it is very rare regardless. I apologize for not updating site status sooner to inform of the situation, but we wanted to review everything on the backend to ensure it is fine moving forward.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:02:53 PM

Being able to select a payout currency by rig is just awesome! Not having to deal with exchanges or shapeshift for Verge and Digibyte is great. Very solid feature as I HODL and now can easily just time and rebalance by moving payout currencies. The problems I was having with my L3s kicking off a lot of errors when I selected a difference currency other than LTC seemed to have gone away. At least with DGB an XVG. I do with you had Zclassic (playing the fork) but get it you don't support that algo. Any plans to support Equihash in the future??

Originally I tried it with c=BTC on the L3 and had some issues. But seems to be smooth sailing. Thanks
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 10:16:09 PM

Being able to select a payout currency by rig is just awesome! Not having to deal with exchanges or shapeshift for Verge and Digibyte is great. Very solid feature as I HODL and now can easily just time and rebalance by moving payout currencies. The problems I was having with my L3s kicking off a lot of errors when I selected a difference currency other than LTC seemed to have gone away. At least with DGB an XVG. I do with you had Zclassic (playing the fork) but get it you don't support that algo. Any plans to support Equihash in the future??

Originally I tried it with c=BTC on the L3 and had some issues. But seems to be smooth sailing. Thanks

We do have plans to support equihash in the near future, needs to go through a bit of testing to ensure smooth opening as it uses a couple different techniques than other algos. While we want to expand, I also want to make sure the foundation is solid, systems produce very little error and that the userbase is satisfied with what we offer.

At the moment we guarantee payouts in BTC and LTC, the other currencies are based on available stock and how well our pool does with finding those block rewards. We see a fair number of people signup and try to be rewarded in specific currencies besides the main two when we don't have those in stock at that specific time. That being said we'll notice and try to see what can be done to fill those if possible.

Any feedback/suggestion is always welcome and we'll see when we can put things into effect in as proper an order as possible.
Stumptown99

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:06:40 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 11:34:11 PM by Stumptown99

Hello,

For a period of about an hour, the MONK coin daemon created orphan blocks that artificially grew balances when the system believed they were real for a short period. The issue was fixed as soon as possible and it should now be functioning properly from this point on. MONK is a pretty large profit coin and is usually very difficult to find in comparison to other options that bring in regular and stable growth. The live x11 status page is the best place to see when these orphaned blocks happen if they do. The wallet page does not reflect any orphan blocks, but we leave them visible on the other page so you know what actually happened to each specific block.

We are working on something to make it more clear if situations like this ever do happen, but it is very rare regardless. I apologize for not updating site status sooner to inform of the situation, but we wanted to review everything on the backend to ensure it is fine moving forward.

Thank you for the detail

I am concerned that both my total and pending balance have not moved for about 6 hours. Is their an issue related to balance update?

Also what should my expectation be for daily LTC payment running 10 D3 & 1 L3+. Using your site for 48 hours and return about .51 LTC total, at the last site I was earning .45 LTC per day.
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 11:16:48 PM

Thank you for the detail

I am concerned that both my total and pending balance have moved for about 6 hours. Is their an issue related to balance update?

I took a look at the address you linked previously, and in the backend it appears that for the past few hours the mature balance is growing while your pending total is being converted into the confirmed balance ready for payout. The movement/confirmations you see now is all related to what happened exactly 24 hrs ago and what you found while active during that time period. The graph should be much more clear tomorrow once the MONK issue is no longer visible (the y-axis should adjust scaling and show your pending/balance movements more clearly). Everything is working as intended since we fixed the MONK issue several hours ago and should continue to. Regardless, we will continue monitoring to ensure everything is correct.
Stumptown99

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:53:22 PM

Thank you for the detail

I am concerned that both my total and pending balance have moved for about 6 hours. Is their an issue related to balance update?

I took a look at the address you linked previously, and in the backend it appears that for the past few hours the mature balance is growing while your pending total is being converted into the confirmed balance ready for payout. The movement/confirmations you see now is all related to what happened exactly 24 hrs ago and what you found while active during that time period. The graph should be much more clear tomorrow once the MONK issue is no longer visible (the y-axis should adjust scaling and show your pending/balance movements more clearly). Everything is working as intended since we fixed the MONK issue several hours ago and should continue to. Regardless, we will continue monitoring to ensure everything is correct.

I earned another Monk coin 8 minutes ago with immature (-1). Will this also be an orphaned coin?
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 11:57:48 PM

I earned another Monk coin 8 minutes ago with immature (-1). Will this also be an orphaned coin?

Correct, I have disabled it as soon as that occurred and will do testing before pushing it live again. It was working fine and passed our initial tests for the past 4-5 hours and then had issues again creating orphans.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:30:53 AM

We do have plans to support equihash in the near future, needs to go through a bit of testing to ensure smooth opening as it uses a couple different techniques than other algos. While we want to expand, I also want to make sure the foundation is solid, systems produce very little error and that the userbase is satisfied with what we offer.

At the moment we guarantee payouts in BTC and LTC, the other currencies are based on available stock and how well our pool does with finding those block rewards. We see a fair number of people signup and try to be rewarded in specific currencies besides the main two when we don't have those in stock at that specific time. That being said we'll notice and try to see what can be done to fill those if possible.

Any feedback/suggestion is always welcome and we'll see when we can put things into effect in as proper an order as possible.
Ohh - thanks for heads-up. Should I back off XVG and DGB then? I am not super concerned about daily payout frequency as am just going to hold coins anyway. But want to make sure I am not getting into a situation where I am not getting paid out in a reasonable amount of time. Happy to go back to BTC and LTC and just deal with it. Just seemed like a nice way to skip a step. Please let me know.

I have a couple of 8 card AMD 580x rigs arriving next week. Probably will stick native on ETH/Decred for a month but that window is closing so will be looking for somewhere to point them. MHP has some nice multi-algo features and can maybe get some value out of that $100 subscription to Awesome Miner I now have Wink. Certainly not pointing it back at my Antminers anytime soon. Maybe if I just keep it in restricted (vs Privileged) mode will be better. The pool management on Antminers is pretty crappy (IMHO) anyway and I don't change it that often anyway. Also can easily access them remotely as is. But would be nice to have a single console to see how things are working.

If I don't hear anything I am going to switch off DGB and XVG tonight. Really don't want coins held up for an extended period of time and am throwing quite a bit of hash via Scrypt and SHA paid out in those coins at moment.
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 03:08:15 AM

Ohh - thanks for heads-up. Should I back off XVG and DGB then? I am not super concerned about daily payout frequency as am just going to hold coins anyway. But want to make sure I am not getting into a situation where I am not getting paid out in a reasonable amount of time. Happy to go back to BTC and LTC and just deal with it. Just seemed like a nice way to skip a step. Please let me know.

I have a couple of 8 card AMD 580x rigs arriving next week. Probably will stick native on ETH/Decred for a month but that window is closing so will be looking for somewhere to point them. MHP has some nice multi-algo features and can maybe get some value out of that $100 subscription to Awesome Miner I now have Wink. Certainly not pointing it back at my Antminers anytime soon. Maybe if I just keep it in restricted (vs Privileged) mode will be better. The pool management on Antminers is pretty crappy (IMHO) anyway and I don't change it that often anyway. Also can easily access them remotely as is. But would be nice to have a single console to see how things are working.

If I don't hear anything I am going to switch off DGB and XVG tonight. Really don't want coins held up for an extended period of time and am throwing quite a bit of hash via Scrypt and SHA paid out in those coins at moment.

The "in-stock" amount we have of those coins is based on how well the pool does at finding them. As we grow it will become a lot easier to find and provide those as an alternative to just our current guaranteed payout coins. Its difficult to currently guarantee many beyond the main two of BTC/LTC, but everything is logged regardless and if we notice that someone selects a different coin, we'll see about making it an option if the situation changes in favor.

We are looking at a list of algos that we would like to support especially those that open opportunities for GPU/dual mining, etc. One of my main priorities is to ensure that if we do grow in that direction, that enough care is still given to the already existing algos and thoroughly test everything. We are close, but any issues that pop up are given immediate priority to fix and then monitor.

If you have any specific algo/coin requests, let us know and we'll see what we can do.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:29:58 AM

The "in-stock" amount we have of those coins is based on how well the pool does at finding them. As we grow it will become a lot easier to find and provide those as an alternative to just our current guaranteed payout coins. Its difficult to currently guarantee many beyond the main two of BTC/LTC, but everything is logged regardless and if we notice that someone selects a different coin, we'll see about making it an option if the situation changes in favor.

We are looking at a list of algos that we would like to support especially those that open opportunities for GPU/dual mining, etc. One of my main priorities is to ensure that if we do grow in that direction, that enough care is still given to the already existing algos and thoroughly test everything. We are close, but any issues that pop up are given immediate priority to fix and then monitor.

If you have any specific algo/coin requests, let us know and we'll see what we can do.
You might want to update you main page then - it lists available payout coins (DGB and XVG being on the fairly long list). Maybe I read it wrong but I didn't see anything clearly calling them out as not "guaranteed". Would be helpful is that was clearer. Not a huge deal - I am going to flip everything back as I am not even sure you are mining DGB at the moment (saw on earlier post you had pulled it - might have just been on one algo). But would prefer not to have things hung up for extended period.
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 03:48:25 AM

You might want to update you main page then - it lists available payout coins (DGB and XVG being on the fairly long list). Maybe I read it wrong but I didn't see anything clearly calling them out as not "guaranteed". Would be helpful is that was clearer. Not a huge deal - I am going to flip everything back as I am not even sure you are mining DGB at the moment (saw on earlier post you had pulled it - might have just been on one algo). But would prefer not to have things hung up for extended period.

Thank you for catching that, we are in the process of creating a knowledgebase for the site to further explain such things. Now that I know you are interested in those two specifically we'll try to support them sooner than others. Also we only disabled DGB for mining on sha256 as it was affecting profitability. It is still on Scrypt, but doesn't have great profitability at the moment so we don't search for it too often. That changes daily, and also they have a rather important update happening soon which will force an upgrade at that time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: