Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:58:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding will be a risk or not??  (Read 4401 times)
Dejoe75

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:34:17 AM

Everything in life is risky. While there were predictions that BTC was going to rise astronomically in 2017 and then drop by early 2018, nobody really anticipated it could dip to about $5,000. However, there are two major risks associated with buying/selling and holding. For instance, those who sold out of panic when BTC was nothing are forever regretting doing so. On the other hand, if you decide to keep it for as long as you wish and something funny happens, you really have nothing to lose considering the amount you invested but you will also not easily forgive yourself for not selling when you had the chance of selling at the best price.

The bottom line is to listen to your heart; don't let too much greed drive your decisions. If at any time you feel you can sell because you are okay with the price, go ahead and do so. Do it with a clear conscience and be satisfied with your personal decision.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
1jaffa1

Activity: 280
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:35:59 AM

Investing in bitcoin is a risk, as the value can crash tomorrow. I would say hodl but if you feel like you can average down your bitcoin by putting in more than by all means put in more. If you feel confident it will rise significantly then put in more, otherwise I would hodl the amount you have currently.
Konthol Ngaceng

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:36:45 AM

Buying and holding bitcoin is risky, this is because the bitcoin system is decentralized so the price does not always go up so before investing into bitcoin then we have to consider it well.
Sand King

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:39:19 AM

when you are facing with investment, there always be a risk.
holding bitcoin too, have a possible that you won't reach the price you want.
For me it's a yes, holding bitcoin is risky sometime because the price of it is not stable and sometimes the price of it is can dump very high but eventhough the price of bitcoin was not stable, we just need to trust bitcoin and hold it for long time so we can earn a lot of profit with bitcoin.

pekcoin01

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:45:36 AM

The stock market is always a risky market. It's easy to make money, but it's much easier to lose money.
Do not go into this job without research, without learning, without amateurism. You lose your money.
If you want to invest, we are at the right time.
Good luck...
Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:00:28 AM

I think holding is something we can do to get bigger profits because I'm sure that bitcoin prices will continue to rise, holding is a strategy to get more profit and we should do because if we sell now then we will lose money.

Bariannen

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:02:17 AM

As indicated by predictions bitcoin should have achieved 15k$ by end of 2017 and fall in first week of jan 2018

In any case, shockingly its effectively reached 17k$ in 2017.

Should I purchase or hold my btc?I don't plan to sell at any point in the near future.

Holding is a synonymous to risk. You'll never know when the price will fall except to reading about this event on the next day.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:12:28 AM

when you are facing with investment, there always be a risk.
holding bitcoin too, have a possible that you won't reach the price you want.
For me it's a yes, holding bitcoin is risky sometime because the price of it is not stable and sometimes the price of it is can dump very high but eventhough the price of bitcoin was not stable, we just need to trust bitcoin and hold it for long time so we can earn a lot of profit with bitcoin.

Obviously all of us have the same view of whether holding is a risk or not. Though compared to other types of investments like day trading, it's risks are far lower if you know what you're doing. And it's also for those that can afford to take a lot of time keeping their money in their wallets

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
tommy088

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:17:52 AM

The sad truth about holding crytocurrency is that there are a lot of very real risks. The largest of them is that you could lose your money.
spooneds1

Activity: 195
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:18:25 AM

All coins is risky to hold, you cannot tell if the price goes up or goes down, if you are satisfied with the price if it goes up do not hesitate to withdraw, we just need to trust bitcoin and hold it for long time so we can earn a lot of profit with bitcoin. Just make the right decision so that in the end you will earn from it.

emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:25:09 AM

Investing in bitcoin is a risk, as the value can crash tomorrow.
I'm holding too so far, I believe in what bitcoin represents, so I'm taking the risk. Don't invest more than what you can afford to lose however, but if you can, you should buy more.
Also have a look in other cryptocurrencies.
Bitcoin is a good choice for a long term investment. It was already proven by the early investors, but we should always consider that in any investment, there are risk to take. Despite the productivity of bitcoin in almost a decade in market, there is nothing certain in this world, but that is the real thing, if you do not take the risk, you will also end up loosing, so better take the risk, and hope for the best thing to happen next.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:40:52 PM

If holding worked in many big investors like Warren Buffet then it will also work for those who hold their bitcoin for long term. Making a big profit from long term investing is already proven by many known bitcoin investors like the Winklevoss twins. Holding is less risky than trading but you have wait for the bitcoin price to go up before you gain profit. If you encounter a massive correction in the days ahead, just continue holding and avoid panic-selling because bitcoin will surely recover again.
I think something worth noting from this big investors is that they never took HODLing apart from trading, instead they have HODLing integrated in their trading. By that, they study, analyze and follow up the market, until such a time when a good entry point shows up instead of having to buy arbitrarily, which is exactly what spurns up panicking and sleepless nights.
Adhar

Activity: 966
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:49:00 PM

Investing in bitcoin is a risk, as the value can crash tomorrow.
I'm holding too so far, I believe in what bitcoin represents, so I'm taking the risk. Don't invest more than what you can afford to lose however, but if you can, you should buy more.
Also have a look in other cryptocurrencies.

agree with you,bitcoin invest risky. no one tell you what happen tomorrow. but if you don't take risk you can't gain smoothly. risk is the part of life,so take risk & enjoy profit.
best of luck

─────     RangersProtocol.com     ─────
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Rajatkatyal

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:57:17 PM

Yes its truth holding Bitcoins for long time is smart choice.but you have to be very patience in the case of Bitcoin Because it can give you very big profit if u can hold bitcoins for long terms.and at the same time its quite risky Because market can shock you any time as we all know very well.
KomodoStrikes

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:58:40 PM

Holding will be a risk only if you don't know exactly the capability of your digital currencies.
As to bitcoin, you will worry less because it is already proven that bitcoin will always come back when it falls down.
Holding is a way of making yourself a champion since you know that good days are already coming.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|   Whitepaper   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Medium   |
█████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] █████████████
Lorna111

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:25:46 PM

All investment is a risk, it's all up to you if you want to take it. Think positive.
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:54:14 PM

Holding is risky because the future of bitcoin is uncertain, this is because not many countries are legalizing bitcoin so that everything becomes difficult to predict. this makes us have to sell immediately when we get a big profit, then waiting to buy when the price is cheap.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
gladiusnl

Activity: 223

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:05:56 PM

You won't receive any loss in fiat if you just hold your coins till the price higher, but you will loss your time. Sometimes you need to cutloss to take more profits from other coins. You should thoroughly investigate the future of Bitcoin through expert predictions. I think Bitcoin has great potential in the future, but that's just my guess. You need to learn more to make a rational decision. And remember, not to invest your entire money into one thing, it's dangerous, you can lose everything.
Lyne1982

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:07:23 PM

As indicated by predictions bitcoin should have achieved 15k$ by end of 2017 and fall in first week of jan 2018

Should I purchase or hold my btc?I don't plan to sell at any point in the near future.

First of all, if you enter in the world of investment you basically know that risk is around. at this point, I don't see any wrong with holding bitcoin because there is possibility that price will go up by mid of this month. Buying at this moment is advisable because you can get as cheaper.
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:07:53 PM

I think holding will not be a rish because you just holding it for a valid reason. You hold it because you want to earn more because we all know that the price of bitcoin is unpredictable sometimes it's goes down sometimes its goes up. Other saying that holding is risky because the future of bitcoin is uncertain, this is because not many countries are legalizing bitcoin so that everything becomes difficult to predict.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: