Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:26:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Manta - DAG & zkSNARKs - Fast, Fee-less, Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 14144 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
EMWEE

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:18:35 PM

Will follow sounds very interesting.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
t4tic

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:00:01 PM

How do i sent the donate confirmation? How do you guys plan to distribute the coins, i mean, what info do u need?

The team will reveal themselves?

We need a Telegram Group to stay in touch with u guys, keep the records of where is the project moving itself.
ninjacoins

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:23:34 PM

I am interested in donating but have seen that there are a few similar projects such as Stone and they also ask for donations. Wouldnt it be better and more secure for investors if you had an escrow service? I'm sure investors would be happy to pay any escrow costs.
MantaCurrency (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:25:43 PM

Hi MantaCurrency,

I senta donation $LTC.
Please check your LTC address.

I can confirm we've received it.

Hey devs,

Great to hear you all added a 3rd dev, that search was quick! Any information on him/her?  Smiley

Sure thing! Our 3rd dev Nikhil has significant experience with local start-ups as well, and he'll mainly be working with us from a security standpoint to check and solve flaws that come up from our coding side.

How do i sent the donate confirmation? How do you guys plan to distribute the coins, i mean, what info do u need?

The team will reveal themselves?

We need a Telegram Group to stay in touch with u guys, keep the records of where is the project moving itself.

To confirm a donation, you have to PM us the amount/address you're sending from. For distribution, the MANTA will be distributed when our wallets are released for MANTA in mid-March. We will contact each donator via bitcointalk or email if provided to ask for their MANTA address and make sure they receive it.

As for revealing ourselves, we do plan on it in the future.

Hope this helps!

Manta - One of the 1st DAG & zkSNARKs currencies.
lira100lipe

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:55:01 PM

Interesting!! Are u guys planning to make a Telegram group?
rumpel_tusk

Activity: 171
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:57:06 PM

Looking forward to more information on this project. If the whitepaper is release, then I'll donate some to help with development and receive some Manta.
RobertSnow

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:08:32 PM

Looking forward to more information on this project. If the whitepaper is release, then I'll donate some to help with development and receive some Manta.

Exactly, I would also like to see the website and the whitepaper of the project before taking further action. For now, I'll keep on following this because it looks really promising.
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

Angel investor.

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:43:38 AM

May I ask who is behind this coin?

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
Cawfee

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:02:57 AM

This is now the third or fourth privacy focused fork off RaiBlocks. And just like all that came before this one, there's no information about the developers, no white paper, no anything really. I'm all for announcing a coin before it's released, but common practice in the industry now is releasing the white paper with the announcement, and also listing all people working on the project along with their past work history and experience. Without this it just comes across a bit shady, especially when your're asking for donations right out of the gate.

I'd gladly make a donation here, but you need to release your identities, and I'm urging everyone that's donating regardless to proceed with extreme caution here. Many people donated to Stone, only to have nothing come from it and no communication from the developers.

If you release your identities, and drop a white paper, I'll have my donation in your XRB wallet immediately. Release a beta wallet and open the faucet to start actually collecting the coins and I'll go HEAVY. But until then this just feels like smoke and mirrors and projects like these are really starting to put a damper on RaiBlocks core.

For the sake of being optimistic here, you guys should consider releasing a newsletter of some sort. One where you can provide progress as you go.. Show us your work, don't tell. Consider creating an open Github repository so people can actually see the progress you're making with the code. If you release your id's and open the faucet, you can notify your followers through the newsletter. Or even a Medium account with regular updates... Just more information is needed in general.
MantaCurrency (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:28:32 AM

This is now the third or fourth privacy focused fork off RaiBlocks. And just like all that came before this one, there's no information about the developers, no white paper, no anything really. I'm all for announcing a coin before it's released, but common practice in the industry now is releasing the white paper with the announcement, and also listing all people working on the project along with their past work history and experience. Without this it just comes across a bit shady, especially when your're asking for donations right out of the gate.

I'd gladly make a donation here, but you need to release your identities, and I'm urging everyone that's donating regardless to proceed with extreme caution here. Many people donated to Stone, only to have nothing come from it and no communication from the developers.

If you release your identities, and drop a white paper, I'll have my donation in your XRB wallet immediately. Release a beta wallet and open the faucet to start actually collecting the coins and I'll go HEAVY. But until then this just feels like smoke and mirrors and projects like these are really starting to put a damper on RaiBlocks core.

For the sake of being optimistic here, you guys should consider releasing a newsletter of some sort. One where you can provide progress as you go.. Show us your work, don't tell. Consider creating an open Github repository so people can actually see the progress you're making with the code. If you release your id's and open the faucet, you can notify your followers through the newsletter. Or even a Medium account with regular updates... Just more information is needed in general.

Hey Cawfee, we appreciate the constructive criticism and look to answer your questions properly.

As for why we made a PRE-ANN post, we initially weren't going to make our initial post till mid-February, though seeing other projects pop up (though their legitimacy is questionable), we decided to just get our name out there as seniority is incredibly value within the crypto community, with Bitcoin itself being a prime example. The reason we added the option to donate was to allow early adopters to get in while allowing us to achieve some capital to expand our dev team and such.

In regards to identities, we do plan on revealing ourselves at the time of MANTA being fully released. We do hope to impress people such as yourself with the release of our whitepaper in mid-February and look forward to releasing our game-changing currency.

Sincerely,

Brian

Jebono1981

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:38:35 AM

Very interested in this project, will be watching closely, but like others have stated - it would be great to see who the team behind the currency is?
blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:44:50 AM

Watching for public release... faucet sounds good
MantaCurrency (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:31:39 AM

Very interested in this project, will be watching closely, but like others have stated - it would be great to see who the team behind the currency is?

To answer the common question, we're a Dev team of 3 experienced Software Engineers with Brian (me) and Jason working on the project for the last ~6 months, while Nikhil has just joined us this week.

In regards to a personal reveal, we plan on releasing our LinkedIn's as well as hosting a YouTube Livestream when we officially release MANTA to introduce ourselves fully and talk about the future of it.

iekzdmlbmglvfhg

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:13:11 AM

What limits would there be to the number of coins that someone can get through the faucet?

Number of solved captchas, IP address, email address, phone number / SMS...?
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:29:51 PM

Hey Cawfee, we appreciate the constructive criticism and look to answer your questions properly.

As for why we made a PRE-ANN post, we initially weren't going to make our initial post till mid-February, though seeing other projects pop up (though their legitimacy is questionable), we decided to just get our name out there as seniority is incredibly value within the crypto community, with Bitcoin itself being a prime example. The reason we added the option to donate was to allow early adopters to get in while allowing us to achieve some capital to expand our dev team and such.

In regards to identities, we do plan on revealing ourselves at the time of MANTA being fully released. We do hope to impress people such as yourself with the release of our whitepaper in mid-February and look forward to releasing our game-changing currency.

Sincerely,

Brian

What I find weird is all these "projects" including yours have moderated threads.
Imo real projects have freedom of speech, not someone who moderates what can and can't be said.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
MW44

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:49:10 PM

I'm very interested in this project. The whitepaper is due to be released next month? If so, I would like to strongly consider donating to the project.
iekzdmlbmglvfhg

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:11:14 PM

May suggest a different mechanism for distribution, instead of captchas?

The idea is to make the distribution as balanced as possible relative to the number of people who are going to want to get free coins, and to their physical ability to solve captchas. This would also make irrelevant the automatic captcha solvers.

Make a small desktop / web application which does some proof of work based on a lot of RAM (like 2...4 GB). The idea is to make CPUs as efficient or more efficient than videocards and ASICs.

The result of a day of work (on an average computer) of this application would be a string which is sent to you through a website. This string contains the necessary information to validate the proof of work (in the same application).

For the valid proofs of work, you can then manually (or automatically) distribute the coins to the participants.

You allow this for a limited time, like a month, or whatever.

What you need for the proof of work:
* A (random) seed which you generate only immediately before you make the final build and release the application to the public. This will prevent precomputation.
* An address for the account which will receive the coins.
* A timestamp. This is used to generate different proofs of work for the same address.
* Possibly a counter, depending on the proof of work algorithm.

As you can see this is a like mining, but very limited in time (and therefore energy) and without the immense complexity of implementing one into the coin itself.
enervey

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 04:06:10 PM

This sounds promising but I'd like to know more about the team behind it, especially before I would consider donating.
Maziin

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:53:49 PM

May suggest a different mechanism for distribution, instead of captchas?

The idea is to make the distribution as balanced as possible relative to the number of people who are going to want to get free coins, and to their physical ability to solve captchas. This would also make irrelevant the automatic captcha solvers.

Make a small desktop / web application which does some proof of work based on a lot of RAM (like 2...4 GB). The idea is to make CPUs as efficient or more efficient than videocards and ASICs.

The result of a day of work (on an average computer) of this application would be a string which is sent to you through a website. This string contains the necessary information to validate the proof of work (in the same application).

For the valid proofs of work, you can then manually (or automatically) distribute the coins to the participants.

You allow this for a limited time, like a month, or whatever.

What you need for the proof of work:
* A (random) seed which you generate only immediately before you make the final build and release the application to the public. This will prevent precomputation.
* An address for the account which will receive the coins.
* A timestamp. This is used to generate different proofs of work for the same address.
* Possibly a counter, depending on the proof of work algorithm.

As you can see this is a like mining, but very limited in time (and therefore energy) and without the immense complexity of implementing one into the coin itself.

Distribution through faucets is much more fair.
Real_Unhooked

Activity: 838
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:05:15 PM

How does Faucet distribution work exactly?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: