Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 04:15:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Manta - DAG & zkSNARKs - Fast, Fee-less, Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 14155 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Worldtokenindex

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:44:01 AM

Great project to take up always been look out for speed, Anonymous, Fee less will be success. I would be interested in Test-net.
daoshao

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:01:33 AM

We'll also allow anyone with sufficient post history on bitcointalk to join the test-net, simply reply to the thread if you're interested.

Not a senior member here, but interested in donating and pretty excited about your project. Are you still accepting donations?
SafeCoins

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 07:13:20 AM

Our current plan is to allow all donators to the test-net, and we'll message all donators at the appropriate time with instructions for testing.

We'll also allow anyone with sufficient post history on bitcointalk to join the test-net, simply reply to the thread if you're interested.

I'm definitely interested (will see what I can do about donations as well)
BrokeA$$Miner

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:09:33 AM

Our current plan is to allow all donators to the test-net, and we'll message all donators at the appropriate time with instructions for testing.

I'd be interested in the test phase as well - I have a background in programming, and would love to see a crypto
that runs at the tps your claiming.  Everyone talks about 'Visa Scale' - but even visa scale will be an order of
magnitude too low when every cell phone becomes cash register/bank/etc.
MantaCurrency (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:29:51 AM

Great project to take up always been look out for speed, Anonymous, Fee less will be success. I would be interested in Test-net.

We'll add you to the list!

Not a senior member here, but interested in donating and pretty excited about your project. Are you still accepting donations?

We're still accepting donations.

I'm definitely interested (will see what I can do about donations as well)

Added to the list!

I'd be interested in the test phase as well - I have a background in programming, and would love to see a crypto
that runs at the tps your claiming.  Everyone talks about 'Visa Scale' - but even visa scale will be an order of
magnitude too low when every cell phone becomes cash register/bank/etc.

Added mate!

Manta - One of the 1st DAG & zkSNARKs currencies.
jefbigbob70

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:36:00 AM

Interesting project. How to solve the problem with scaling? What is the estimated price per transaction?
bozzyboo

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:52:01 AM

Sounds interesting & would be keen to donate in return for Manta. However, addressing the elephant in the room, what is stopping you from taking the money and not delivering?
iekzdmlbmglvfhg

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:37:09 AM

I understand that the developers are leaning toward a captcha based free distribution.

Still, I would like to make you aware of how automated captcha solvers work. I have also posted this in the Azulik thread.

There are two ways to automatically solve captchas: using OCR (for which complexity matters) and human solved (for which complexity is irrelevant).

The human solved ones make use of an API which distributes the captchas to people all over the world, who solve them manually and are paid for that. These are very cheap because they are solved by people living in places where that money is good money at the end of the month.

Potential errors are not relevant because the page is refreshed and you simply need to a good solving rate. Considering that this can happen continuously, a simple 50% rate is great, although it's much higher for the captchas used by RaiBlocks.

These automatic captcha solvers can also be run concurrently, therefore increasing the yield. It really is no different than a small piece of software generating proofs of work.

In fact, we might even be able to limit the generation of proofs of work by serializing them, by using a counter instead of a timestamp, and each proof of work would have to use the previous proof of work.

This would have to be combined with a registration process for the addresses that would be allowed to participate in the free distribution; for example, between dates X and Y, the users registered on this forum could send you their addresses (one per user); maybe also require a minimum number of posts per user.
MantaCurrency (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:44:00 AM

Interesting project. How to solve the problem with scaling? What is the estimated price per transaction?

Our efficiency of implementing privacy into distributed ledgers has given us an estimated ~1750 tx/s, with these results showing in our network tests so far.

Sounds interesting & would be keen to donate in return for Manta. However, addressing the elephant in the room, what is stopping you from taking the money and not delivering?

To answer your question, there's no greater reward for us and everyone to release and deliver MANTA as we intend too.

Our distribution also utilizes faucets for the majority of the currency, allowing everyone to experience the speed and efficiency of MANTA, making donations optional and just for early adopters and for supporting development.

Manta - One of the 1st DAG & zkSNARKs currencies.
polkadotjp

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:56:07 AM

sounds good
Zakhal

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

I love crypto

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:10:07 PM

Sounds like a promising project. I will follow and likely donate too.
sqbit

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:05:17 PM

I understand that the developers are leaning toward a captcha based free distribution.

I wonder if there can be developed some more meaningful distribution mechanism.
ndcm

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:24:18 PM

This sounds interesting. So probably by March you'll get the full codes for the program. Hmm, I'll literally watch this project.

justhere2win

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:28:29 PM

To answer your question, there's no greater reward for us and everyone to release and deliver MANTA as we intend too.

Our distribution also utilizes faucets for the majority of the currency, allowing everyone to experience the speed and efficiency of MANTA, making donations optional and just for early adopters and for supporting development.
[/quote]

I’m liking the idea, and I’m liking the MANTA team, but I’d be lying if I said this wasnt the main thing that’s crossing my mind. I just wish there was more collateral (i.e. the team’s LinkedIn, emails, etc.) when donating. After BitConnect, there’s a layer of uncertainty in the crypto world.
lira100lipe

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:17:56 PM

I’m liking the idea, and I’m liking the MANTA team, but I’d be lying if I said this wasnt the main thing that’s crossing my mind. I just wish there was more collateral (i.e. the team’s LinkedIn, emails, etc.) when donating. After BitConnect, there’s a layer of uncertainty in the crypto world.

+1
miya125

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:02:01 PM

I would be interested in Test-net.
sprinkles

Activity: 397
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:48:24 PM

Would be willing to help out during the testing phase when ready.
Please add me to the list.
Thanks.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
BrokeA$$Miner

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:43:55 PM

Added mate!

Thanks Much!  Looking forward to it!

steelslo

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:04:38 PM

Hi,

I have donated 6 XRB. So please confirm that you received my donation and add me on the donation list. Also I have would like to see if you can add XRP option if it's possible?

Thanks.
dave773

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:43:44 PM

This project is a scam..

stop donating!

The admin just deletes any messages with concerning questions
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: