Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:25:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Manta - DAG & zkSNARKs - Fast, Fee-less, Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 14155 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
p4blop2p

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:52:51 PM

I want to donate, how do I donate and appear on the list?
zaid34108

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:21:32 AM

Any idea what kind of rewards we're looking at after solving one captcha? What kind of rate can we expect to earn when solving captchas?
MantaCurrency (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:32:48 AM

Any idea what kind of rewards we're looking at after solving one captcha? What kind of rate can we expect to earn when solving captchas?

We're looking at something similar to RaiBlocks' rate, such as the faucet giving out a max of 17,000 MANTA per hour to all users combined.

As for rewards per solve, it would be dependent on how many solves have been done in the current hour, although we predict the reward to be ~6-10 MANTA per 100 solves.

Manta - One of the 1st DAG & zkSNARKs currencies.
ruben0909

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:38:45 AM

I will donate soon
zaid34108

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:46:36 AM

We're looking at something similar to RaiBlocks' rate, such as the faucet giving out a max of 17,000 MANTA per hour to all users combined.

As for rewards per solve, it would be dependent on how many solves have been done in the current hour, although we predict the reward to be ~6-10 MANTA per 100 solves.

That means the faucet will go on for about 245 days? 75 percent of supply is 100m, with 408 000 given out everyday.
rorschachx

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:58:52 AM

Thanks for answering.

My followup question is: The exchange issues for raiblocks was because of this design, i.e. 6-7 tx/s on a single wallet. And they only have a band aid solution as of now. With your 1.5-2 tx/sec do you anticipate tougher problems with exchanges for Manta? Or do you have some better and cleaner solution/design in mind to handle exchanges?
(All the above is based on my understanding, i might be wrong)

Hi Manta, can you please answer this question?
salary123

Activity: 104

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:17:12 AM

What is the original intention of the team to set up donation activities? Why not do ICO distribution? If the donation does not reach the top, how to treat the remaining coins?
MUGOmugo

Activity: 188

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:41:23 AM

I've read some comments that they already donated some. I would be also willing to donate, for you to help to get 26,649,658Manta. What are the process?
MantaCurrency (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:49:40 AM

That means the faucet will go on for about 245 days? 75 percent of supply is 100m, with 408 000 given out everyday.

My apologies, I meant to type 170,000.

Thanks for answering.

My followup question is: The exchange issues for raiblocks was because of this design, i.e. 6-7 tx/s on a single wallet. And they only have a band aid solution as of now. With your 1.5-2 tx/sec do you anticipate tougher problems with exchanges for Manta? Or do you have some better and cleaner solution/design in mind to handle exchanges?
(All the above is based on my understanding, i might be wrong)

Hi Manta, can you please answer this question?

We've been seeing how RaiBlock's has fixed their node issues and look to learn from their fixes. Some of the issues have also been with the exchanges themselves, rather than the node's since RaiBlock's structure is radically different.

Also, although our tx/sec is lower, our transaction speed is meant to be around 10-15 seconds which would not bottleneck Manta's transactions worse than RaiBlocks.

I've read some comments that they already donated some. I would be also willing to donate, for you to help to get 26,649,658Manta. What are the process?

You would just need to PM us what currency you're sending as well as what address it would be from, so that we can verify the donation with you.

CARLOSMATOS69

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:48:11 AM

How many people are on your team? Is it just two devs?
antoinnepy

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:02:09 AM

Colin has said that it's not possible to just slap zkSnarks on Raiblocks. And this is what the Manta developers want to do according to their whitepaper. I'd really love to donate, but I'm hesitant cos I don't know what methods they are considering in order to circumvent this. At least the Azulik developers are trying a different approach.
devguy

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:16:57 AM

I donated 7 XRB, I want to be on the list, I believe in your project, you can do it  Cool Grin

Thanks for the kind words, we've added you to the list!

When will you STOP taking donations, at what point / limit / amount?

We've allocated 26,649,658 MANTA for donators, so we will stop accepting donations after that threshold is reached.

And how many allocated for now?

10,126,870 MANTA has been allocated so far.

How's that? Your Raiblocks Wallet totals up to more than 3500 XRB - however i am not able to find any major transaction for XRB in your donation list. Biggest donation is 7 XRB?
MantaCurrency (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:44:11 PM

I donated 7 XRB, I want to be on the list, I believe in your project, you can do it  Cool Grin

Thanks for the kind words, we've added you to the list!

When will you STOP taking donations, at what point / limit / amount?

We've allocated 26,649,658 MANTA for donators, so we will stop accepting donations after that threshold is reached.

And how many allocated for now?

10,126,870 MANTA has been allocated so far.

How's that? Your Raiblocks Wallet totals up to more than 3500 XRB - however i am not able to find any major transaction for XRB in your donation list. Biggest donation is 7 XRB?

We've had some donator's request to remain private in regards to the donors list.

Colin has said that it's not possible to just slap zkSnarks on Raiblocks. And this is what the Manta developers want to do according to their whitepaper. I'd really love to donate, but I'm hesitant cos I don't know what methods they are considering in order to circumvent this. At least the Azulik developers are trying a different approach.

While it's not possible to simply slap it on, it is possible to still achieve fast transaction times of 10-15 seconds with our implementation of zkSNARKs for privacy.

How many people are on your team? Is it just two devs?

Our team currently involves three devs!

bonhomme

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:00:13 PM

that project looks like Stone.. what is the diffrence with it?
I am very interesting with all 2.. is there airdrop? or can I make a donation?

Thank you for reading me
theinvestdude

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

Bounty Manager For Hire!!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:06:31 PM

Thank you for reading me

Donation has been close by the OP, This is a airdrop via Faucet System same like RaiBlocks. This will be a good project and a true proof of work distribution via faucet.
MantaCurrency (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:16:41 PM

Thank you for reading me

In regards to us and Stone, our involvement of using zkSNARKs is similar however we have our doubts that Stone can do what they say it'll do. Stone claims 7,000 tx/s with zkSNARK's, which is quite frankly near impossible.

As for Manta, we are not using an airdrop, instead our distribution is 75% via public faucets, 20% to early donators, and the last 5% is in a dev fund.

Thank you for reading me

Donation has been close by the OP, This is a airdrop via Faucet System same like RaiBlocks. This will be a good project and a true proof of work distribution via faucet.

Donations are still being accepted, and yes, distribution is through a public faucet.

MantaCurrency (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:15:39 PM

Hey everyone!

We're making a quick update post to notify you all of a change regarding the process of receiving MANTA for donators.

Due to many requests, we've decided to utilize an ERC-20 Token on the Ethereum Network, with the conversion of 1 MantaToken "MNTA" being swap-able for 1 MANTA when wallets are released. We will make sure the swapping process is as simple and easy to understand as possible.

If you've donated, to receive your MantaToken's, simply PM us your Ethereum address, and we'll send the appropriate MantaToken's, as well as instructions as to how to view your custom token.

We recommend using MyEtherWallet as it's the easiest and simplest way to view and receive your MantaToken's.

Note that due to potential PM restrictions, we may not be able to reply as fast as we'd like to, though we'll make sure everyone receives their MantaToken's as well as the proper instructions to utilizing them.

As for an update in regards to Manta itself, our network tests have shown promising results, and we're working to get Manta as close to completion as possible.

Best Regards,

Brian, Jason, and Nikhil

Manta Dev Team

marlowe52

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:00:39 PM

170000 per hour is about 2800 per minute.

The reward would be about 10 Manta per 100 solved captchas, so 0.1 Manta per captcha.

A human could probably solve an average of 4 (non-trivial) captchas per minute, so you get 0.4 Manta per minute per person.

So, 2800 Manta per minute means that 7000 people would have to solve captchas every minute, for an entire month (or whatever it's going to last).

The verify: 7000 people * 4 captchas per minute * 60 minutes in an hour * 10 Manta per captcha / 100 captchas = 168000 (close to 170000 Manta per hour)

If we presume that all these people would work 8 hours every day, we have 21000 distinct people who would do only this for a month.

Therefore, the average would be 6300 Manta per person (133 millions / 21000 people).

Considering the stated rate of about 1 cent per Manta, a person would have to work for a month to get the equivalent of 63 USD.

For those who don't intend to solve captchas for a month to get the equivalent of 63 USD, the question is: will there be an exchange available at the start?
Luksx1

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:04:48 PM

Already received my tokens guys, very fast!
MantaCurrency (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:50:10 PM

170000 per hour is about 2800 per minute.

The reward would be about 10 Manta per 100 solved captchas, so 0.1 Manta per captcha.

A human could probably solve an average of 4 (non-trivial) captchas per minute, so you get 0.4 Manta per minute per person.

So, 2800 Manta per minute means that 7000 people would have to solve captchas every minute, for an entire month (or whatever it's going to last).

The verify: 7000 people * 4 captchas per minute * 60 minutes in an hour * 10 Manta per captcha / 100 captchas = 168000 (close to 170000 Manta per hour)

If we presume that all these people would work 8 hours every day, we have 21000 distinct people who would do only this for a month.

Therefore, the average would be 6300 Manta per person (133 millions / 21000 people).

Considering the stated rate of about 1 cent per Manta, a person would have to work for a month to get the equivalent of 63 USD.

For those who don't intend to solve captchas for a month to get the equivalent of 63 USD, the question is: will there be an exchange available at the start?

We'd like to get on a reputable exchange as early as possible, although we can't guarantee anything in that regard.

Also, in regards your calculations for someone working for a month on the faucets, we doubt that the price of Manta will be 1 cent for very long  Wink

Jason

Already received my tokens guys, very fast!

Thanks, we're happy to hear that!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: