Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:47:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO or buy later on exchange ?  (Read 30103 times)
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:57:41 PM

If you are real investor you should take a risk to invest in ico also to take the advantage to get a bonus but you should analyze the project of the ico by reading their white paper. But if you are not sure and dont take a big risk it was ok to wait the coin in exchange.

Now i want to recommend to invest in VLB ICO which has on going presale until March 12 and they giving 30% bonus to all participants.

VLB is a utility token based in ERC20 protocol also this token can be used in any services involving vehicles. Aside of that this token will be open to be tradable coin.

Here is the link https://vlb.io

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:17:26 PM

How often does the price get lower than the ICO price when a new coin is listed on its first exchange house ?

How come there are coins that are worth like 0.0004 $, usually during an ICO one coin is sold in the range of 1$ or not ?

Do some "coins" skip the ICO stage ?

As i see it, there are pros and cons to both. If you buy during ICO, you can avail of their big bonus once you purchase early. You will have more token that you intend to buy. If you will buy later on the exchange, there is a chance that those token's value will decrease compare to it's original price during ICO thus making you buy more. But that is not always the case, sometimes price pump-up after it hit the exchange.

So, to be safe i would rather buy during on ICO at early stage to avail of big bonus mostly 50%.
cryptoblue

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:31:18 PM

I think buying coins during ICO is only profitable, if the project is good. Otherwise, the price of most coins goes down after the ICO. It would be better if you buy when it is listed on Etherdelta.

│ │   │      │      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━     IDA DIGITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT PTY, LTD     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━      │      │   │ │
─────────      Digitize Real Assets On The Ida Platform, Join A Thriving Business Ecosystem      ─────────
││     WhitePaper     ││  │   Telegram   │   Twitter   │   Facebook   │   YouTube   │  │││     PRIVATE SALE is L I V E !     │││
pitgar

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:42:07 PM

I recently bought little "FUSION" (FSN). There was a lot of FUD concerning this project.
ICO price was 0.0025 ETH, it is traded on Bibox now for 0.0032 ETH. Around 20% profit. However some scam ICO can really go down a lot upon release.
Ayamj

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:42:40 PM

some ico still better than exchange especially if you purchase in pre ico
Xzhyte

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:44:59 PM

Lots of ICO's suffer going lower than ICO price when it hits the first exchange. Specially those with bounty campaigns because most bounty participants sell their token in exchange to fiats of other currency. But of course it doesn't end with only one exchange, most coins recover and achieve a higher price when it hits its second exchange, then the third. Most of the time, we only need patience, and just hodl because if you believe in the project and it has long term goals, it will definitely go higher in the future.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
Despacito

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:47:33 PM

Some ICO projects are selling out and they are making 10x on the exchages. For these projects, you better get your tokens during ICO, you won't be able to buy from ICO and then you can't also buy it from exchange due to extreme prices.
steins19

Activity: 275
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:24:57 PM

It's better to exchange later because it is lesser riskier. But when talking about business one must take a risk in order to succeed. Both have pros and cons so from what I  read is that the importance of analysis and experience is very important when making up a strategy or decision when it regard to ICOs.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
coastbank

Activity: 238

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:52:58 PM

Its better to buy in ICOs cause prices are generally discounted and you can obtain many cheap coins that way. But its still risky, as not all ICOs are same in terms of profit making, some ICOs just sleep and explode.

Dadaka

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:07:18 PM

all want to earn quick money and merge the coin immediately after the ICO, the price falls dramatically, you can buy even cheaper than the ICO. We need to follow the project and not miss the chance.
Verdao

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:10:41 PM

The advantage of buying at ICO is the bonus that is given. Often the value is lower, there is no beginning and it grows with time.
jimmywh

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:21:18 PM

Certain tokens I expected to make a quick profit, instantly dropped to a price lower than ICO (at least the public part). One of these is MWAT. However, as I didn't make the public sale, it has been an excellent opportunity to buy a bag of these. Sometimes I find it pretty random which ICO will pump after token release, and which will not.
buje micin

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:00:17 PM

if follow ico make everything easy then no one will do trading, not all ico who always succeed in the first exchange and if that happens we have to hold it to gain profit and to choose good ico you can see rate ico than can help you to choose
thxminer

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:23:25 PM

I'd suggest to not invest on ICOs, it's very easy to get burnt as many investors tend to dump right after the ICO ends... If you're not very experienced, after most ICOs the price goes down, and you also get more time to evaluate if it's really going to survive after the initial hype.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Jitra

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

Professional Translator (Malaysian Language)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 07:36:27 PM

During this bear market it's better to wait for exchange than buying in ICO. The price on exchange is usually lower than the ICO price, also it's a lot easier to buy on exchange you don't need to pass any KYC. Recently I joined the titanium ICO and the BAR's price was at 1 dollar during the ICO but now it's a lot lower on Etherdelta. But in a bull market, it's better to buy during the ICO but with all the regulation I think it's going to get harder and harder to join legit ICO

It is 100% true, for example I couldn't get in MedicalChain, Dether & WePower, but all of these ICOs were actually lower than ICO price once it hit IDEX, so I bought them.  If there's any other HOT ICOs out there that's currently lower than the ICO price (except for IUNGO, which I don't want it, please let me know by responding to this post).  I wanna buy them and hold them for a while.  I've given up wasting time trying to participate in hard to get in pre-sales or ICOs, thanks.

csr.INPACTOR.com  ◁|▌ A NEW HUMANITARIAN ECOSYSTEM ▐|▷  theINCITEMENT.com
■■■■■■■■■■■■■   POWERED BY CSR Tokens   ■■■■■■■■■■■■■
francis2

Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:42:38 PM

I think it'd better if you can buy at ICO period cause the price of any coin or token at ICO period is the lowest price beside you also can receive the bonus coin or token if you join ICO project early. Beside there are also some coin don't have ICO like REBL, this token distributed by airdrop and people just need to do some tasks to get free REBL token.
Buying at the ico is the best if you researched the coin in which you are investing then you should be investing in a decent project and this means that you will avoid many scams, I invested in a project some months ago and there were many scammers trying to get our coins and many scammers deceiving people making them believe they had coins to sell and disappearing after receiving the money.
upisdown

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:55:08 AM

If you invest first in ICO or later when listing in exchanges depends on the market situation.  I will buy it later on exchange. The advantage is that you don't need to do the KYC.

EHT7500

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:25:11 PM

Everyone decides for himself. It depends on the project. Sometimes it makes sense to get it from the ICO. Sometimes it makes sense to go further. When you think to buy on the stock exchange, a lot about this product will be known. My opinion - the exchange, let the profit is less, but the possibility of losing money is much less.
alisaadat60

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:30:47 PM

ICO is good time to buy,but many coins were cheaper in exchanges after ico, but it is risky to be patient and not buying in ico,
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:07:26 AM

There are so many people who suggests to buy the coins later on the exchange. For me, it depends, if you think the project is great and they give more bonus when it is purchased before ico time, then i will buy it, but still, buying a great project coin in ico time is worth more in my opinion because we got bonus too and sometimes the amount is big. So based on that, i found a great project called VLB ( https://vlb.io/ ) , you can read the whitepaper to know how great the project is, and they are now on public presale time (pre-ico) and gives us 30% bonus in every purchase till 12 march 2018
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: