Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:35:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO or buy later on exchange ?  (Read 30103 times)
Mariahuhu

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:10:06 AM

How often does the price get lower than the ICO price when a new coin is listed on its first exchange house ?

How come there are coins that are worth like 0.0004 $, usually during an ICO one coin is sold in the range of 1$ or not ?

Do some "coins" skip the ICO stage ?

If the ICOs was really good as you think depends on the search you've done on the ICOs participating on ICO sale is the best choice if the ICOs are not that good as you think you can buy on the dip when already list on the exchange and buy when pump for a quick profit.

►     https://GCOX.com GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE     ◄
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
bhadz

Activity: 2478
Merit: 566

Signature, avatar and text for rent

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 10:49:43 AM

To be wise, there are ICO's that gives a big portion of their supply to bounties and you can't rely with those ICO's. It's either the bounty hunters will dump the coin immediately once it's listed on the exchanges so for legit investors that join the ICO and allocated fund as their capital to that ICO will be stuck there. Whether you choose to join during the ICO stage or after it's listed on the exchange, make sure that you are choosing the right one. But I prefer to see listed on exchange, to see if there's a good trading volume on that certain coin.

Zverek

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:45:55 PM

If you are a major investor, it is more profitable for you to buy coins on the ICO or rather even on the Pre-ICO because it gives out the biggest bonuses, thereby obtaining a bonus of 30% -40%-50% you do not need to wait for the launch of the project in which you invest when you exit in market you already earn a good profit!
greenclub09

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:58:18 PM

i think buying the token at the ICO will be much profitable than buying on exchanges, because many ICOs offer a huge promotion to investors like private sell with extremely cheap price, even cheaper than ICO price, so when the token is listed on exchanges, surely investors will have profit if the ICO success, but buying on exchanges is much safer than at ICO because we know the ICO was success and evaluate the risks in the future, but we have to buy at a very high price than ICO.

cryptonized

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:37:48 PM

How often does the price get lower than the ICO price when a new coin is listed on its first exchange house ?

How come there are coins that are worth like 0.0004 $, usually during an ICO one coin is sold in the range of 1$ or not ?

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on ICO stage right now and already on the exchanges, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659058.0
mrSprinkles

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:46:50 PM

Deffinetly ICO!
From my perspective, investing in tokens is one the best ways to get guaranteed income Wink
Although the project has to be worth it. A few weeks ago I found such.
"Red lanterns" https://goo.gl/RddguE is an ambitious project with unique idea, and I feel completely safe to invest in it.
Check it Wink
zerrtty

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:18:15 AM

It all depends on what risks you are willing to go, entering the ICO you can get a crazy profit but also remains with nothing. Exchanges are more predictable.

Haiduongbg

Activity: 121

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 10:13:54 AM

I prefer buy market because almost all ico now price below ico when entering my own market have observed ico success or not going down maybe just factor of bounty which big will make price in dump
In this bearish market, most ICOs are trading below ICO price. I collected data and analysed that Febuary and March are the worst months for ICO. 95% high-profile ICOs fell below ICO price (I collected  ICOs list from ICO drops, ICOhotlist), average return of all ICOs is 3%, only blockchain platform projects and those listed on Binance right after ICO made profits. So in this market it's better to wait for exchanges or only choose the best project.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:56:54 AM

The real question here is if you have done the research on the project and the team. If you really believe and have done the research then go for it in the ico but most of the projects fall in price after the ico

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
pradobo

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:12:17 PM

Practice shows that after adding to the stock exchange new coins that have just passed ICO. The price for them drops sharply, and already in 2-3 days again gaining momentum
wahyu wida

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:02:46 PM

Practice shows that after adding to the stock exchange new coins that have just passed ICO. The price for them drops sharply, and already in 2-3 days again gaining momentum
i think this moment happen because after listing on exchange many people withdrawal their fund after waiting many time this token listing.
so it can make price are falling down, beside that because the project roadmap not run yet.
cryptonized

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:21:42 PM

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on ICO stage right now and already on the exchanges, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659058.0
WSDN

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:24:30 PM

it depends on you, if you had researched carefully and believe in the projects, you can buy in ICO dates. If not, you can buy when they list in the exchange.

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

I  D  E  N  A

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 6 8 0

N  O  D  E  S

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

███

███

REQUEST INVITATION
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
Idun

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:44:24 PM

I like to buy directly in the exchange. The icos are becoming very tedious, often ask for many requirements. For me it's easier to wait and buy in some exchange, when the price seems appropriate.
kavinpoe

Activity: 262

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:56:39 PM

I prefer ICO than buy later when they on exchange, why? usually, ICO price is lower than when they on exchange. If the project is success, of course, the price will moon and usually what makes the price going down is bounty hunter sell their tokens. But every investment has a risk, nobody knows precise what happened in cryptocurrency
DariaBriklaiz

Activity: 254

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:28:28 PM

When market is rising- better buy at ICO or pre-ICO. But when market falling down (as now) better buy at exchange with smaller price
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:57:45 PM

i think this moment happen because after listing on exchange many people withdrawal their fund after waiting many time this token listing.
so it can make price are falling down, beside that because the project roadmap not run yet.
Thats right I think if you wait until the ICO is listing it will also be quite risky because it is very possible when the ICO is successfully entered the exchange and has a price. there will be many investors who sell their tokens / coins. because they've waited long time enough. I myself prefer to buy when ICO but make sure you buy a potential ICO to enter the exchange
arthotdog

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:20:19 AM

yeah some skips the stages,but for me its better to buy on PreSale,since big discounts are offered though its really depend on what projects or ico you will investing,if its unique and you can see the potentials so why need to choose ,just buy directly
Lamperon

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:47:48 PM

As soon the coin after ICO goes to a lot of exchanges, hunters who have received a coin with a bounty program immediately begin to sell it, thereby significantly reducing the price on it.
tuliobrothers

Activity: 185

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:50:39 PM

I prefer to wait until the coin finally appear in the exchange sites. In my opinion,   It is more safe to invest in exchange sites than buying coins in ICO.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: