Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:45:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Noirbits TAKEOVER ! Update v2.2.5.0 - fixes sync issue  (Read 24691 times)
stbgefltc (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 10:35:13 PM

They retarget on every block too.... Smiley

stbgefltc (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 10:45:18 PM

Sorry folks, you need to update again... Sad Github and links updated.

John122

Activity: 129

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:01:54 AM

I can't sync up the new UPNP wallet, even with the node you told me to add earlier...
Also, the UPNP option is still greyed out.
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:25:08 AM

seems a lot has happened in my absence. I however feel that throwing a quick solution that has not been really thought through and discussed is in bad taste, this coin is not mine, i stressed the point that it is community owned and managed. Giving you access to my git would also give you access to some projects i am not yet willing to share. Make a fork, improve it if you will, and if people like it, i'll integrate it into the main chain. As for blaming me about check points, you are right i slacked on that, but i thought we had agreed that the update you were working on  would include the checkpoints?

Ok, we'll need to add checkpoints also, it's been a while.

I'll let you handle that part. Changes are ready on my repo, I still need to test them so I won't be issuing a pull request yet.

my honest feeling is that you have gone commando on this and added yet another fork, some people have followed your update yet others were waiting for me to say something. I approached this by first asking cryptsy to put a hold on trading, this allows us to maintain legitimacy and gives us time to figure things out, some may lose their coins if they try any transfers right now.

Since you have already taken such action the entire community is left with no choice but to follow you, yet this should have been a commune decision. I understand the need for expediency, but in doing so , you are harming the core values i envisioned for this coin. If you can get it to actually work, that would be great.
stbgefltc (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 07:13:15 AM

seems a lot has happened in my absence.

You were online, goofing around :

GPU miner coming soon.

I however feel that throwing a quick solution that has not been really thought through and discussed is in bad taste, this coin is not mine, i stressed the point that it is community owned and managed. Giving you access to my git would also give you access to some projects i am not yet willing to share. Make a fork, improve it if you will, and if people like it, i'll integrate it into the main chain. As for blaming me about check points, you are right i slacked on that, but i thought we had agreed that the update you were working on  would include the checkpoints?

Ok, we'll need to add checkpoints also, it's been a while.

I'll let you handle that part. Changes are ready on my repo, I still need to test them so I won't be issuing a pull request yet.

my honest feeling is that you have gone commando on this and added yet another fork, some people have followed your update yet others were waiting for me to say something. I approached this by first asking cryptsy to put a hold on trading, this allows us to maintain legitimacy and gives us time to figure things out, some may lose their coins if they try any transfers right now.

Since you have already taken such action the entire community is left with no choice but to follow you, yet this should have been a commune decision. I understand the need for expediency, but in doing so , you are harming the core values i envisioned for this coin. If you can get it to actually work, that would be great.

Yeah, I'm a meanie. But at least I'm trying to maintain this coin. The Github excuse is a poor one. You can give per-project collaborator access. My update has not added a fork, it it uses one of the existing forks.

But what's really harming the community is you big-mouthing about the coin and planned features, while in essence, all you're doing is waiting up on others to write up code. And trying to inflate the coin's value on exchanges. My feeling on this is that you don't really care about the coin, given it's currently low value, and are more interested in profit than anything. But I may be mistaken...

As for giving choice to the community, I'm actually giving everyone the choice : wait up on you to fix up Noirbits, or switch over. I'm not forcing anyone into anything.

stbgefltc (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 07:54:11 AM

I can't sync up the new UPNP wallet, even with the node you told me to add earlier...
Also, the UPNP option is still greyed out.

Sync should be fixed with the new link (first post updated), even though UPNP on the Windows client should have no incidence : makefiles for Noirbits-qt had been stripped of the UPNP compile flags, so it didn't have much effect anyways, since all previous versions of Noirbits-qt compiled without UPNP no matter what flag you specified.

Also, make sure you have reset your block database.

You can also addnode 54.229.50.161.

barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:06:05 AM

Aaed

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:12:15 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 10:59:20 AM by Aaed

I don't know if it's a good move or not, future will tell. It was at least a move!

I like this coin and I watch its evolution since the beginning but I admit it looked quite on standby lately with difficulty jumping up and down.

I'd love to see some changes but it would be better if it's without hard feelings Wink. Coin coups doesn't usually end well...

I wish you good luck and I'll follow it.
Thanks for your work.
stbgefltc (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 08:30:36 AM

I don't know if it's a good move or not, future will tell. It was at least a move!

I like this coin and I watch its evolution since the beginning but I admit it looked quite on standby lately with difficulty jumping up and down.

I'd love to see some changes but it would be better if it's without hard feelings Wink. Coin coups doesn't usually end well...

I which you good luck and I'll follow it.
Thanks for your work.

Thanks for you support.

I know a coup is not necessarily the best way to proceed, but I felt there was no other way. And I have not taken things as far as I could. I'm leaving the noirbits.com & noirbits.org domains pointed at barwizi's version, despite me owning the domains and having the possibility to take over the website too.

Despite what barwizi wants everyone to believe, I am not imposing this upon the community. If the majority follows up on this, I will then update the website with the new client. Until then, I'm not touching it.

stbgefltc (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 05:35:42 PM

Ok, so I got around to fixing UPNP. Turns out all UPNP code had been stripped out of the client, so compiling with USE_UPNP=- had pretty much no effect, ever since Noirbits was launched. Also turns out this a case for other coins (up to you to find out which ones).

I have updated the OP with the link for the new version, and changes have been pushed to the repository also.

stbgefltc (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 07:28:47 AM

New version 2.1.1.0 out.

Fixes a small bug on UPNP init for daemon executable. If you do not see "upnp thread started" in your log files, make sure to run Noirbitsd with command line flag -upnp=1.

stbgefltc (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 09:42:01 AM

Added checkpoint 31000 on source.

John122

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:56:12 PM

Cool! Keep up the good work!

Did anybody contact the Block Explorer guy and the other pools about the forks + client updates?
The Block Explorer seems stuck at last checkpoint.

Also, it's nice that we've gone off Cryptsy for the time being!
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:22:30 PM

If anyone wants to sell NRB contact me, paying 0.00002 Per NRB. You will need to get the new NRB client from the OP before you can send them to me. You will have to wait for at least 2 confirmations before I send payment. 

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
stbgefltc (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 10:08:35 PM

Cool! Keep up the good work!

Did anybody contact the Block Explorer guy and the other pools about the forks + client updates?
The Block Explorer seems stuck at last checkpoint.

Also, it's nice that we've gone off Cryptsy for the time being!

Well coinmine's following on this, but it seems his pool forked again, I definitely need to figure out why. I have not yet contacted minefast's owner, need to do so. There may be a multipool mining Noirbits, but if there is, I haven't found which one (maybe Middlecoin, otherwise it's a big farm, but whoever it is is not going public on their mining).

Concerning the block explorer, I've been in contact with diatonic, though I do need to confirm with him what he'll do.

As for Cryptsy, I've contacted them exposing the situation in all honesty, I'm waiting on their feedback as to what they'll be doing regarding Noirbits (whether it be dropping Noirbits, following up on the takeover, or staying on the old client). So we'll see what happens next with them.

I've been quite caught up on Noirbits development, notably implementing the refund feature in UI (it's already available via RPC, though not documented in help, needs to be fixed too), so I need to spare some time on PR for NRB...

stbgefltc (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 10:10:04 PM

By the way, the main chain has hit block 31500, meaning min. fees should be reduced to 0.001 NRB from now on. I haven't had time to check whether the UI dialogs reflect that yet, but I'll do so tomorrow... I definitely got a lot of work coming up on Noirbits, I'd like the coin to catch up on Bitcoin regarding features, and clean up the code base, which is going to be the most work.

John122

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:18:04 AM

Well coinmine's following on this, but it seems his pool forked again, I definitely need to figure out why. I have not yet contacted minefast's owner, need to do so. There may be a multipool mining Noirbits, but if there is, I haven't found which one (maybe Middlecoin, otherwise it's a big farm, but whoever it is is not going public on their mining).

The multipool mining Noirbits (and causing the horrendous hash/diff spikes we have seen) is the following : http://mnrb.coinmine.pl/.

EDIT: I think they turned off the auto-switch feature though (if I understand this post correctly : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=259623.0).

As for Cryptsy, I've contacted them exposing the situation in all honesty, I'm waiting on their feedback as to what they'll be doing regarding Noirbits (whether it be dropping Noirbits, following up on the takeover, or staying on the old client). So we'll see what happens next with them.

Well, if they understand that the old client is likely to become unsupported in the nearby future, I don't see why they wouldn't transition.. They only need to wait for the forks issue to be resolved before they do anything.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:07:23 AM

new version works so cryptsy should re-list by day's end.
feeleep
Legendary

Activity: 1197

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 05:07:50 AM

update on coinmine.pl:

http://mnrb.coinmine.pl is fixed and everything work normally

unfortunately nrb.coinmine.pl has such amount of bullshit in DB that I cannot maintain it anymore. Please dont try to use it.

feeleep

stbgefltc (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 10:40:00 AM

update on coinmine.pl:

http://mnrb.coinmine.pl is fixed and everything work normally

unfortunately nrb.coinmine.pl has such amount of bullshit in DB that I cannot maintain it anymore. Please dont try to use it.

feeleep

Ok, thanks for the work on your pools. Noirbits website should be updated soon with the correct link.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: