Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:39:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A very very long term Hodling advice  (Read 1159 times)
Albeagle

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:42:01 AM

I think Etherium too
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 08:19:26 AM

A member of our forum started an interesting experiment about two weeks ago.
He invested $1000 to the top 100 coins in the market cap ($10 each) and is going to keep them in a hardware wallet for 5 years.
Sofar (10 days later) his initial investment is already doubled.
You could do something similar for your kids, you don't have to invest in so many coins. Don't  invest more than you can afford to lose.

Sorry, I can't find the link.
Entei

Activity: 543
Merit: 281

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:03:41 PM

Really how the crypto can change people's lives and even investments for their children, usually saves money in the bank with small annual percentages of income, with crypto the percentage of investment can be short and with large long-term profits. With regard to the term of 15 years probably all platforms like Ethereum, Waves, Burst, Counterparty, can generate large profits over the years.
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:14:00 PM

It's good that you're saving for the future. I think it's better to choose bitcoin and ethereum to invest your money. This coins have great potential in cryptocurrency world. It's been in the industry for years and have proven it's stability. While in terms of value, it have shown promising price increase over the years. So I think with that coins,  in 15 yrs. You will can expect a good outcome.
STIKS1911

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:24:32 PM

I would diversify my investments to reduce risks. If I divide all the money only into bitcoin and ether, it's too risky. I would take the top-10 on a CoinMarketCap and invested in them.

Mumen Rider

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:39:04 PM

Just go with bitcoin or ETH, the most trusted and most benefitable of all ICO's. This will never fail you in 15 yrs of hodling, just take a look back on BTC and ETH when they are still a new born, they did grow so fast this past years and still growing each year I'd say.
r.bhalla07

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:40:39 PM

I think I divide all the money into bitcoin and either it is risky and it is good to saving your future and it is best to choose bitcoin to invest your money and they are still on new born.

FilmBusinessBuster.com
» A GAME CHANGER for the Film Industry  «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
From_Enki_to_Merkur

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:00:13 PM

Hi, I hold a few tokens of varied nature and a few coins. I have setup a few eth addresses for the younger members of my family. I am talking about kids that are less than 3 yr old   Wink So, what would you include in their new accounts, so that they can use it in 15 yrs?

Every year there are new coins with new technologies. Trends are changing too fast. Nobody will ever give you a good answer. I would say there is no currently such crypto that could be used in 15 years. Perhaps only ETH.
15 years from now - perhaps technology focused on quantum computing ?? or technology focused on graphene power ?? or supercomputers ?? interledgers ?? who knows, what will be in 15 years from now ? maybe KIM will throw one bomb and than ..........amen  Grin Wink
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:11:42 PM

That sort of time frame, its BTC, ETH, LTC because they standing and stood the relative test of time.  BTC has flaws in the tech, and only if the fixes are implemented and wildly accepted will it survive another 10 years as leader.  LTC has somewhat similar problems but they aren't yet in evidence. ETH is therefore the obvious future contender.

Thats not to say the others will go anywhere, nor dismiss one of the many other coins taking the lead.  But there's simply too many and so many opportunities for failure or success.  15 year is too long in the internet age to predict, there are as yet unknown coins to be created or the entire ecosystem could collapse.  ETH is just the one currently most likely to go the distance.
Shaofalova

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 01:13:54 PM

Maybe you should manage this accounts and buy new coins) but I wish you good luck. It's difficult to predict in 15 years. And agree to hold top 10

hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:14:31 PM

That sort of time frame, its BTC, ETH, LTC because they standing and stood the relative test of time.  BTC has flaws in the tech, and only if the fixes are implemented and wildly accepted will it survive another 10 years as leader.  LTC has somewhat similar problems but they aren't yet in evidence. ETH is therefore the obvious future contender.

Thats not to say the others will go anywhere, nor dismiss one of the many other coins taking the lead.  But there's simply too many and so many opportunities for failure or success.  15 year is too long in the internet age to predict, there are as yet unknown coins to be created or the entire ecosystem could collapse.  ETH is just the one currently most likely to go the distance.

I think LTC is the contender of Bitcoin, EThereum are good in smart contracts but the mining itself i will choose Ethereum in the long run. but transactions i would choose LTC. yes 15 years is too long.. maybe you're super rich as hell..
abduljacklu

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:16:57 PM

15yrs thats too long,we cant predict which altcoins or coins still exists in that time,but for sure BTC will still be around so i suggest you to get BTC for your kids.

sweerty1

Activity: 453
Merit: 251

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:17:44 PM

Forget everything you know and hear about altcoins. It is Espers. Espers is hidden gem of the market soon will explde like shit. They just started its pos and pow.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
INVESTA████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
CryptoNews1

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:19:43 PM

Ethereum and Golem. I wouldn't recommend Bitcoin for 15+ years as other coin can overtake it by just being better and more popular. Eth and GNT are very unique in what they are doing and already established
fromholland

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:20:57 PM

15 years is too long to leave, you can invest but check every 6 months please.

SOHAIB BAIG

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:21:09 PM

If you have more investment then invest in minexcoin,swissborg(ico),ethereum
tachi641

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:22:08 PM

Ripple and Etherium are the best options for a term investment!!!
blitz18

Activity: 248

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:24:04 PM

If you have more investment then invest in minexcoin,swissborg(ico),ethereum
Yes ethereum is one of coin that are good investment and good for long term. Although everyday, every year theres changes yet this is one of the coin that are really good and worth hodling.
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:45:25 PM

go for bitcoin and ethereum for now or those top 100 or top 50 in the list. everyday or every month there are new altcoins with better concept are emerging and are more develop.
Technor

Activity: 77
Merit: 105

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 01:50:18 PM

Spread the investment... divide between BTC/ETH and some more 'risky' alts

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: