Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:12:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A very very long term Hodling advice  (Read 1159 times)
Pom_bensin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:52:27 PM

My recommendation if you hold in a long time you can do hold for eth and btc coins, because the coin has a small risk to hold long term and the risk of decline is only temporary.
LSt56

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:01:17 PM

Hi, I hold a few tokens of varied nature and a few coins. I have setup a few eth addresses for the younger members of my family. I am talking about kids that are less than 3 yr old   Wink So, what would you include in their new accounts, so that they can use it in 15 yrs?
Just use list of top 20 from coinmarketcap. If not all these coins will be successful after 15 years, definetly most of them will grow.  Smiley
good advice, I also have the same thought with you that the top level coin in markercap will have a good portion even for a very long period of time.

slcryptoking94

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 02:10:09 PM

Ethereum Smiley
awazieik

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 02:15:35 PM

Hi, I hold a few tokens of varied nature and a few coins. I have setup a few eth addresses for the younger members of my family. I am talking about kids that are less than 3 yr old   Wink So, what would you include in their new accounts, so that they can use it in 15 yrs?

This is great as by the time they are grown ups, they will have an investment waiting for them to use. I advice that you diversify the portfolio to other top alt coins

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
ramayor

Activity: 102
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:23:51 PM

As of now, I think ethereum would be good to hold for a very long term because it is slowly increasing and maybe for the next years, we don't know, maybe, it will reach the current price of bitcoin. The equivalent value of your small eth now will be large in the future.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:45:36 PM

15 years of hodl... That's very long and we don't know what can happen. Gov can regulate or ban crypto trading. So it is very risky to think that in 15 years crypto are going to be still here. But it may also be worth if crypto is still alive.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:49:21 PM

You can observe a good coin movement at https://coinmarketcap.com/ it's a safe way to start an investment in the world of cryptocurrency. So as doesn't be assigned a place for investment but you not know yet. Do some research on the coin you choose for your investment and don't try to choose just one coin, it will be very risky.

I have a little observation, For long term investments are good to choosing Bitcoin and Ethereum. Up to now, these two coins still leading in the world of cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is very potential to increase in the future because the amount of bitcoin now will be mined, so bitcoin will become scarce and the demand for bitcoin will increase. t the time bitcoin price will be higher. And Ethereum is the second coin after bitcoin who have a big potential will rise in the future. Because some ICO projects use Ethereum as their means of payment, and up to now many ICO have to pup up, this way will result the price ethereum will be high.
johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:09:42 PM

I am not sure there will be alts existing in that years,but im sure btc will still be worthy in that time,i suggest you put BTC for their future.

777asianinvasian

Activity: 154

🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:17:57 PM

I got zero coins that match that potential even bitcoin the king can't say it gonna last that long. Who knows the whole industry could cease to exist or all the top coins could be in tech we haven't even imagined yet. That is why I would say actively manage those profiles because what is good right now may not be good in 5 years.

bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:30:48 PM

Well thats a pretty cool idea. I was also thinking of doing this for my niece. I would suggest to put some coins of the top 20 coins in it.  As you are thinking of really long term investing here, it might be smart to put coins with a high supply in it, like XRP or ADA, as these coins might take longer to grow, but you will be able to buy more of them now for not such a big investment.
among

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:33:40 PM

that's really a smart idea, go check the coins that a long term purpose and hold them but if you believe those coins will performe well, now we heve XRP, tenex, powerledger, PRL, and there are many othere, and i think ''ebtc'' has a  very long room to grow;
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:39:30 PM

Holding for 15 years is a long time, I am really curious what will the crypto price be then.

For me, I will hold Bitcoin if it is for 15 years. Please remember to get a safe paper wallet.
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:39:48 PM

Say Ripple again. SAY RIPPLE again! And I dare you, I double dare you motherf**er! Say Ripple one more time.  Angry Grin

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
Cryptokingind

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:43:30 PM

My advice is ETHEREUM, WAVES, STRATIS, and DEEPONION  are the best coins for long term holding.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:46:43 PM

Say Ripple again. SAY RIPPLE again! And I dare you, I double dare you motherf**er! Say Ripple one more time.  Angry Grin

Do you understand what is ripple anyway? Or you just invest in it because other people do, if this is the case well you should check out the tech and what it does first. Ripple was made for big banks not decentralized users.

Holding for 15 years is a long time, I am really curious what will the crypto price be then.

For me, I will hold Bitcoin if it is for 15 years. Please remember to get a safe paper wallet.

It is a long time bitcoin and ether should stay, but if you chose some coins that are really not well known and if they break the barrier with an investment of few bucks you could end up being millionaire if not even more. Who knows 15years is a long time in IT world, even 1 year is a lot and 15 I mean a lot of things can happen, this hole thing could crush or become mainstream. I do believe that it can go viral and mainstream if governments add their vote of support.
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 03:59:29 PM

I am actually doing this too.
Not my original idea, but a couple months ago there was a thread circulating about leaving crypto for your kids.
This is really speculative, because at the rate the market is moving now, it is impossible to predict even 3 years form now what will still be surviving and what will be dominating.

So I decided to think about general principals instead of specific coins.
BTC will not be around 10 years from now.
It is just outdated tech.  While crypto will still be, inevitably, something will replace btc that is cheaper, faster, and scalable.

So thinking like that, I started looking at 2nd and 3rd generation blockchain technology and settled on dag projects.
The three most prominent ones right now are iota, byteball, and raiblocks.

Out of those three, raiblocks is the most "finished".  In fact, it's been operating smoothly for a couple years now.
Byteball has solid and steady community.
Iota is still developing and there is quite a bit of drama surrounding the project.

Out of those, I chose IOTA.  Mostly because I believe in the future of IoT.
I really do see the future as a hyperconnected world and IOTA becomig the currency of it.

ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:13:46 PM

Bitcoin is the first successful cryptocurrency to be launched, and now can be acceptable to many people. Especially made a very promising for investment place. And the year 2017 is the year of bitcoin because the price continue to increase from the price $900 and reach $19000 at the end of 2017. That's means many people who know and are interested in bitcoin.

We know cryptocurrency has a decentralized system, meaning its coin price depends on the user. Therefore I feel  for long term investment I choose bitcoin for the above reason.
Dextroboy

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:31:16 PM

you can buy the 5 biggest from coinmarketcap
my suggestion for now you buy ethereum because soon will eth hardfork

Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:37:48 PM

You can use the top 5 to 10 crypto currencies who are doing good till now and also have a good scope in future. Bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ethereum and ripple are the good crypto currencies you can go for these currencies.

kaspabha

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:49:04 PM

Holding 15 years is very very long. No one can predict what will happen. Coins we know now may not be in market on those days. We don't know what kind of changes may occur with crypto currencies. Under the present conditions, I can recommend you both BTC and ETH.  You can't just buy and forget it for 15 years. You need to pay some attention to the crypto market.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: