Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:26:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Official ASICMINER Hardware Information  (Read 57748 times)
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:15:30 AM

just to quote what you said:

"(ASICMINER) have created thousands and thousands of pissed off customers that thought they were going to "print money" but got taken to the cleaners"

AM didn't tell them they were going to "print money", the customers didn't do their due diligence. Not AM's fault.

Presumably all these thousands and thousands of "pissed off" customers won't come back, and that will be the end of AM's hardware sales. Or perhaps they will sell out in days again?

I'm just struggling to understand why you are having a go at AM? They made no false promises with their products, did not guarantee or even suggest any returns, simply put a product out there that people couldn't get enough of. Nobody forced anyone to buy them. People want mining equipment now, not vaporware that may appear or may not appear.

If people can't use a ROI investment calculator then they shouldn't be in this business. Again, their responsibility, not AM's.

Again with the defensiveness?!?

I never said AM told people anything.  Stop reading me as an attack and perhaps you will understand.  I never stated AM is responsible for the foolishness of others.  I said they are taking advantage of them.  This is great for the shareholders and re-sellers.  Not the miners.

Yes thousands but there are thousands more waiting in line to get burned (for now).  I just don't think its a long term business model as the number of fools will eventually run out and then it will become a problem for AM.  Unless the business plan is "take the money and run".  It does not promote bitcoin in a positive way.

By your logic, people still fall for Nigerian 419 scams deserve to be scammed. Before you get all defensive again.  MY POINT AGAIN IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID AND FOOLS ARE BORN EVERY SECOND.  Do you really expect people to use proper ROI investment calculators?  Seriously?

This is constructive criticism for them to contemplate, not an attack.  If you don't want to listen, then I can't help you.  If I were a shareholder I would be concerned about this.

Cheers.

Cool. But businesses all over the world charge "what they can get away with". That includes AM, Apple, Microsoft. That's what business is in this capitalist world.

I am not being defensive. I am defending the right of a company to put out a product at a price THEY CHOOSE and see if it sells. Comparing them to Nigerian scammers is sad.

As people have pointed out in many threads, there are lots of reasons people have bought these things, not just for the ROI, or lack of it.

Shareholders should not be concerned about whether the last model sold out in a few minutes. They should be concerned if the next batch gets sold at a profit or sits on AM's shelves gathering dust. We have yet to see that. But presumably if they sell out again, you will yet again have a bitch about AM and how they are "taking advantage" of people that can't use calculators.

You have a very patronising attitude towards other people's purchasing decisions. Or perhaps you just bought some USB sticks and were pissed off when they didn't make the money back?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1819

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:50:52 PM

People have been warned many, many times about the economics of mining and simply ignored it.

They deserve to lose - and it seems to be the only way they'll learn.
They wont ... learn

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:58:23 PM

People have been warned many, many times about the economics of mining and simply ignored it.

They wont ... learn

Seems to me people are buying these in bulk, getting that bulk discount, mining with them for a month, then reselling for USUALLY a little more than they bought them for effectively mining for free and getting a small return on selling each one individually.

And No I'm not talking about the resellers, I'm talking about people purchasing from these resellers.

The people buying from these individuals are the ones losing.

but the system works and better than pure mining
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:13:54 PM

They wont ... learn

Seems to me people are buying these in bulk, getting that bulk discount, mining with them for a month, then reselling for USUALLY a little more than they bought them for effectively mining for free and getting a small return on selling each one individually.

And No I'm not talking about the resellers, I'm talking about people purchasing from these resellers.

The people buying from these individuals are the ones losing.

I bought 2 for 1.48BTC total (after taxes and shipping), mined 0.078BTC, and then sold them for 1.38BTC and 4oz of pure silver bullion (~$90)

I would love to buy more for the novelty, but not until they hit the 0.2BTC price range

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 04:45:05 PM

Didn't the opening post used to say that the new blades were expected on the 17th?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Gws24

Activity: 537
Merit: 524

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:29:58 PM

I believe it was the 18th but there was definitely a date there; guess they want to sell off the old ones first before announcing the new ones.
networkgeek24

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:50:21 PM

I believe it was the 18th but there was definitely a date there; guess they want to sell off the old ones first before announcing the new ones.

You probably nailed it - Canary just posted in one of his reseller threads that the new blades will have the same performance of the old blades and to feel free to continue with the old blade purchases instead of waiting.

Bitrated user: networkgeek24.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 05:54:59 PM

Why are the new blades TBD now?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mechs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:24:52 PM

Probably since they want to sell off their old inventory first and the longer they can keep the better blades in-house, the better for ASICMiner shareholders.  Honestly, don't buy the hardware, it a suckers deal.  Buy the shares!
eneloop
Legendary

Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:03:23 PM

what about BEs with blue and green heatsinks? Cheesy
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:06:31 PM

Does anyone know if there is a delay in restocking Erupter USB sticks ? Sad Have been patiently awaiting a response from friedcat to place another order.
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:14:16 PM

Does anyone know if there is a delay in restocking Erupter USB sticks ? Sad Have been patiently awaiting a response from friedcat to place another order.

Same here. Expected to hear lat weekend...

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:22:53 PM

Same here. Expected to hear lat weekend...

Canary seems to have a consistent supply.
PolloExpresss

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:55:54 PM

Has any reseller received any Blades from the "Agust 11th" advertised re-stocking date?

I would like to buy one of those Blades, but I would like to buy from a reseller who has them in stock already, no preorders.

Regards.
atomriot

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:20:58 PM

Has any reseller received any Blades from the "Agust 11th" advertised re-stocking date?

I would like to buy one of those Blades, but I would like to buy from a reseller who has them in stock already, no preorders.

Regards.

In the US CanaryInTheMine seems to be pretty on top of supply of asicminer stuff. i think if Canary stated the new blades in the group buy, that would mean they are starting to get widely distributed.

purely speculation on my part though, im just a humble miner / bitcointalk.org forum lurker
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:29:36 PM

Regards.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=277332.0
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:27:11 PM

Regards.

Have you heard back from friedcat recently ?
 Have you received new stock between August 11th and today ?

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:58:11 PM

Regards.

Yes, I have stock.
mijanur

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:14:37 PM

Regards.

Yes, I have stock.

How much are they and price for express delivery to united kingdom?
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:19:09 PM

Regards.

Yes, I have stock.

How much are they and price for express delivery to united kingdom?

you want to contact yxt for EU, he is the reseller there
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: