Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:49:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked?  (Read 4205 times)
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:04:22 PM

Your fund are save if your private key are not exposed either showing it to a third party or clicking on a phishing scam to be on a more safer side why don't you buy  hardware wallet your private key doesn't go out of your hardware wallet.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crestella

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:19:57 PM

Can myetherwallet get hacked? Anything in this world can be done if we want, let alone the problem of retas, hackers everywhere whenever they want to hack must be done and it rarely fails most hackers do his action 90% succeeded as good as any that his security system.
v3teran

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:39:58 PM

I used to open new with private key but then I got a mani S and a new eth address and transferred all funds to new address on nano s. The private key on nano has never been revealed
Marcus yoyo

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:51:01 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Yes myetherwallet can hacked.  I've experienced it ethereum I lost in myetherwallet when I never give my private key to anyone. but my eth address can still be hacked. So i think it is not safety save eth or other tokwn in myetherwallet.
Jon88

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:52:01 PM

Yes when the site get's hacked you will lose all your funds.
pergola

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:02:14 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Yes myetherwallet can hacked.  I've experienced it ethereum I lost in myetherwallet when I never give my private key to anyone. but my eth address can still be hacked. So i think it is not safety save eth or other tokwn in myetherwallet.

The site does not store any information about you, it's just a nice and convenient interface for accessing your coins. The main thing is not to get to the sites of intruders who pretend to be the original site of myetherwallet. Also, you must carefully use add-ons in browsers that can be used to steal the keys you enter.

cardoyasilad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:06:50 PM

Yes when the site get's hacked you will lose all your funds.
Yes but it's a small chance for the MEW website to be hacked so the important thing is don't give your private keys on someone and make sure you are on the official website of MEW.

Sr. Member / Hero Member / Legendary:

dClinic.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
. A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain .
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk | Reddit

Cryptomagnus

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:16:29 PM

Too many people don't take the most elementary security measure, lose their money, and then blame myetherwallet, the system, crypto, hackers...
If you take just some simple precautions, the chances to be hacked are really irrelevant.

BobsRepair.com  /  Powered by S T E E M
▐|       JOIN TOKENSALE | Apr 4th       |▌
cryptokath19

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:23:53 PM

You will never get hacked your myetherwallet once you did not share or give your private key to others because private key is stand us your password to go to your myetherwallet account. Dont also click any phising site  because some are asking for a private key. Better you do is to make a bookmark your myetherwallet account to avoid hacking. Be careful on what link you click so that you are safe. And then just copy and save your private key  like on your notepad or just to write it in a paper for making a backup
turagsoy123456

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:43:12 PM

I think your assets will remain in your ethereum wallet and will not be lost. If you are in doubt, maybe you can check it in etherscan.io and you just enter the ethereum address only, see there  your token still exists or not.

Possibly there's a chance that our accounts in myetherwallet will be hacked if we are not responsible for
keeping it safe in our private key.that's why we have to be vigilant . If someone asking your private do not give your private key because it is your personal identification number.And it is very important to us that we have to put a duplicate in our private key for security reasons.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
muhdede

Activity: 158

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:45:26 PM

Too many people don't take the most elementary security measure, lose their money, and then blame myetherwallet, the system, crypto, hackers...
If you take just some simple precautions, the chances to be hacked are really irrelevant.
it's all due to the negligence of someone who underestimates its security. as stated on the MEW website that "You and only you are responsible for your security" so with the word it already explained that MEW is not just our token storage but also our future asset storage.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   
█████    Whitepaper   ⌊    Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌉   Telegram    █████
Medium   Steemit   Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   Youtube   Reddit   Github
Iyanuisaiah

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:00:16 PM

It is possible for you to be hacked if you are careless with your private key, but i don't think there should be any problem if you backed up your keystore in a save place.
gyun.094

Activity: 178

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:08:42 PM

You need to be careful with the key, then your account will be safe.
padcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:26:00 PM

I hope not, but unless you give or someone stole your private key, you'll be safe, your safety is in your hand, do not go on weird website Smiley
Blinker123

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:30:59 PM

I don't think that it will be hacked, because that is so secured. But if you are careless with your private key, for example some airdrops need private key and you input it there, that is a bad decision for you to input your private key. So be careful everytime to your private key.
ferrybitcoin.1996

Activity: 294
Merit: 119

For Bounty Hunters, Don't Cheat or You DIE!!

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 04:31:51 PM

Important thing is don't click a pishing link! once you click them, you must prepared to lose your money.
I suggest you to buy a new pc or laptop and you should install metamask for your myetherwallet account.
Note: Don't put your private key on usb stick, just wrote them on paper with a pen.
Got the point, this is general information that MEW already tell to everyone many times. But surely, from the people is main issues. Always read and carefull with what you do is better way rather use many protection for your wallet. It is not good for overprotected something

Fria

Activity: 182
Merit: 40

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:35:05 PM

Myetherwallet cannot be hacked and it's not their fault that your wallet is hacked because once your keys (public and private) had been generated - it's up to you how you supposed to keep it away from hackers, attackers and Hijackers.
Mew clearly stated on their website that they're no longer viable when your wallet keys will be stolen because they're just wallet and key generator and when your coins and tokens lost - it's on your watch, not them.
Turkiwi

Activity: 117

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:38:44 PM

MEW is basically an interface. It's not a service with servers where hackers and get into and steal funds. The only thing it does is showing you the state of the current addresses in the blockchain, whether a specific address has coins or not. It can't be hacked.
billknight

Activity: 197

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:39:59 PM

I think not. Unless they can control the secret code or your computer
rammanbl4

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:04:28 PM

Myetherwallet is safe because the site does not save any information, it's just a handy UI. The main thing is not to compromise your keys.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: