Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2024, 01:17:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked?  (Read 4233 times)
Naman1111

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:55:47 PM

Yes it can, and that is why you should use the safest method possible to access it, which at the moment is to have the metamask plugin installed to avoid sending keys on-line.

Can some1 explain this. How is having metamask pluggin safe.
Xiao Mei Mei

Activity: 291
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:00:12 PM

I think it can happen, but it's very difficult to hack myetherwallet.com
1kings

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:07:07 PM

As much as I can't guarantee a system I'm not an insider, I'd say MEW is safe and hacking it wouldn't yield anything to anyone who does.

But,

If hijacked or laced with malware, users can be phished and private keys harvested as users use the platform to transact.

To prevent losing your assets, if this happens, MEW advises you bookmark and confirm the page each time you're signing in.

Also, use the most secure method at your reach.
Sand King

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:11:29 PM

Anything can be hacked. This is a question of the price and capabilities of the attacker. Also do not forget about the thermorexual cryptanalysis
For me that is possible to happen, and i think not just the myetherwallet is can be hacked but for me all wallet is can be hacked if we will not gonna protect our private key or if we will not secured our wallet. And my advice is always remember our private key.

burdagol12345

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:24:59 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Actually,hackers are very skills,i dont know why they can hack MEW without knowing our private key,because even that all things precaution they remind from not  opening fake website to the safest reminders i did ,they still success to hacking my account,thats why im mostly afraid of hackers because we dont know what things really they,capable off,sometimes i thinks that maybe they have a sottware that capable to hack an  account in MEW or maybe they have a contact in some working in MEW,but this is only my specualation and no probable cause  to support my all statement.
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:29:44 PM

Anything can be hacked. This is a question of the price and capabilities of the attacker. Also do not forget about the thermorexual cryptanalysis
For me that is possible to happen, and i think not just the myetherwallet is can be hacked but for me all wallet is can be hacked if we will not gonna protect our private key or if we will not secured our wallet. And my advice is always remember our private key.
It is hard to remember it and private keys can be guessed by the hackers for me no system is safe and everything along connections with the internet is hackable. People who create such things so merely people also can do hack it.

dutchkay

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:54:24 PM

From what you saying, you backed up your private key real good and not planning to use it or get new one anytime soon. Well can MEW get hacket? yes they can be hacked. Can your fund be stolen? Yes and No. No in the sence that your private keys is securely backed with you and so far only you have access to it then you are good. then Yes if the site gets hacked and you happen to login you your private keys can be compromised depending on how you login. There are different ways of logging in inside MEW and the safest is to use it through METAMASK, avoid using your private keys to login in always. stick to this method and you are safe. But NANO ledger hardware wallet seems to be the safest option.
Bybox

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:58:11 PM

Nope I don't think myetherwallet can be hacked but people can hack your computer and will be able to enter your wallet and stole your fund. I think it is safer to use myetherwallet with ledger nano.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:09:31 PM

MEW is a UI to access your funds, but those funds are on the blockchain, not stored within MEW itself. Therefore if you have your keys you'll be fine.

Good luck!

-Knightly
yes, and if you lose the balance or your coin has been stole in MEW, there is a way to restore your balance. I also hope that nothing bad happens at MEW, I believe MEW will do a good job.
mr.niwangz

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:21:41 PM

yes there's a possibility that your etherwallet is packaged because it's a platform but it's just a small chance to hack it because security is strong in private keys and if you have a doubt, you can see it in etherscan.io so you can see if it's still there your coins or tokens.

Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:26:08 PM

Due to its solid structure, myetherwallet is practically uncrackable (you can bet that all hackers already tried to crack it), but you have the responsibility of your data and your computer: a lot of people that blame MEW, actually didn't take any safety measure and had their computer hacked.

mangkiko

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:26:55 PM

Yes myetherwallet has a tendency to be hack specially if you trade on etherdelta you will import your private key I advise to you to use metamask to prevent that and don't even put your private key on any site just store it on a safe place and don't even click on any phishing site that can steal your wallet.
blue_nexus15

Activity: 532

█ J A X N E T W O R K █

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:33:46 PM

Yes myetherwallet has a tendency to be hack specially if you trade on etherdelta you will import your private key I advise to you to use metamask to prevent that and don't even put your private key on any site just store it on a safe place and don't even click on any phishing site that can steal your wallet.
I think the commercial site Myetherwallet has very good security in various forms, I think to hack because of MEW it would be a difficult thing if you did not reveal your private key or UTC file. Here are two things to look for in your MEW account.

BILGPS

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:09:30 PM

I think the wallet can not be hacked so easily for this you have to make strong password and don't use other people computer for accessing your wallet because these things can make unproductive it is good to use your own computer and mobile for accessing your your Ether wallet or other wallets it is good to hold these currencies in a safe way like to not share address and password with any one. and one more thing in security that do not use your names or mobiles numbers in passwords so that may this will keep you safe and secure.

cannycassiopeia

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:06:28 PM

OMG!!! Such a naive question indeed. Being like this won't help you. You need to change your ways of thinking man. There are so may problems here about their MEW being hacked and you're not aware of it. The best way, always check your wallet. And make sure that you put 2FAs and don't leave any important details save in your pc.

I'll be active when the bull market comes back
landysh007

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:14:15 PM

I think the wallet can not be hacked so easily for this you have to make strong password and don't use other people computer for accessing your wallet because these things can make unproductive it is good to use your own computer and mobile for accessing your your Ether wallet or other wallets it is good to hold these currencies in a safe way like to not share address and password with any one. and one more thing in security that do not use your names or mobiles numbers in passwords so that may this will keep you safe and secure.
Yes, that's why you need to use a password generator and make passwords of at least 20 characters in length. Generally it does not matter what a reliable password you have if you do not follow the basic principles of security when working on your computer.
ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:56:55 PM

OMG!!! Such a naive question indeed. Being like this won't help you. You need to change your ways of thinking man. There are so may problems here about their MEW being hacked and you're not aware of it. The best way, always check your wallet. And make sure that you put 2FAs and don't leave any important details save in your pc.

I think the OP is more on the idea of the real original page or software being hacked. And that is perfectly possible, in fact MEW recommends using metamask.

jsscswan

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:10:47 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
If you have never entered a phishing account before and entered the private key the depth may still be safe in my opinion. But that does not guarantee 100% that myetherwallet can not be hacked, myetherwallet developers just write in myetherwallet wallet website before we access it that they do not guarantee myetherwallet can save your coins, because according to them they are not a bank.

_____________________A I T H E O N_____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██
xKARELx

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:55:32 AM

if you are careful and will not go through questionable links and the more you will not give anyone your private key from your wallet, it will be very, very difficult!
valeru.aver

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:26:09 PM

Myetherwallet is a reliable wallet, but, unfortunately, hackers can hack it. Also, you have to make a strong password and don't use other people computer for accessing your wallet. I also make a backup copy of the key in USB, there was a case where the information from the computer was completely deleted.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: