Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:36:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked?  (Read 4205 times)
afterdark

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:06:29 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Everything is a little different. It's impossible to break a wallet. You can only lose your funds by opening access to your private key. You can make a mistake by hitting a fishing site. There is a malicious software that can steal your key when entering it. At the moment, the most reliable option for storage is a hardware wallet.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CrazyJoker

Activity: 689
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:11:00 PM

I believe that the probability that your wallet will be hacked is very low. I should be very accurate with your private key. But as I see you are enough accurate about security even without my advices Cheesy
seandiumx20

Activity: 312
Merit: 109

arcs-chain.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 11:30:28 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

MEW can be hack if you didn't protect your private keys. mew has a maximum security, the only thing mew can be hacked it's because of the phishing sites.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
waichi

Activity: 359

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:40:17 PM

It is possible but with a small chance. Because it is a good online wallet. As long as you avoid entering on phishing sites, your private keys on your computer are safe. Private keys are the most important one. Without it, you cannot retrieve your wallet anymore. Just keep it safe.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:41:20 PM

No, there are big chances to get your MEW hacked if you do not have a hardware wallet or if you click on a pishing site/you have rats on your computer.
This is sad, but there are hundreds of people getting hacked by this way.
It is possible but with a small chance. Because it is a good online wallet. As long as you avoid entering on phishing sites, your private keys on your computer are safe. Private keys are the most important one. Without it, you cannot retrieve your wallet anymore. Just keep it safe.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 11:41:44 PM

With your funds, nothing will happen, since only you have access to your wallet. If your guests do not come to your home and will not receive your access keys! So you can sleep peacefully;)

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
lionheart89

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:37:33 AM

I think anything can be hacked depends on the level of security and greatness of hackers. but for now myetherwallet has a high level of security, most of which hacked is a private owner account. if you use the account safely then your money will be safe.
leavolnhals

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:40:14 AM

Your money will be safe. I have been using MEW for a long time and have never lost a lot of money for just $ 1. MEW has very high level of security and hackers are very difficult to penetrate. That is why the price of ETH is very high and only behind Bitcoin. Let's look at their cost and technology background and trust them. I always trust ETH and BTC because they are top coins and there is no doubt.

Experia

Activity: 924
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:57:49 AM

Your acct cannot be hacked but you can forget your private key , many people always forget eth address specially when you look into bounty thread they always saying " please change my eth address because it was hacked " , it will never be hack unless you are giving your private key , as long as you are keeping your private key you are safe .
Regar

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:04:02 AM

No, you can't get hack as long you play safe and avoiding all potential activity that can make your wallet get hack, there is many ways to avoiding hack always follow the advice from my ether wallet it self and only open it in a safe situation, then you will be okay.
Paopao

Activity: 110

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:19:42 AM

I think your Wallet can be hacked if someone can specify your private key. So basically install all the required browser extensions to secure your wallet and be sure to hide your keys as well. Avoid visiting phishing sites to prevent hackers from getting your information.
xiaoxz

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:26:32 AM

I think that myetherwallet should not be blacked out unless the official website of myetherwallet is hacked.
However, as long as you do not enter your key anytime.
When you need to enter your key, you may think it is a scam first.
chutchmcgillicutty

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:38:17 AM

MEW is a UI to access your funds, but those funds are on the blockchain, not stored within MEW itself. Therefore if you have your keys you'll be fine.

Good luck!

-Knightly

Exactlty. The main thing to worry about is to not accidentally use one of the numerous MEW cloned sites. They are plentiful and try to trick you. Make sure you have the correct URL when using MEW

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
rasmadisulaiman

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:41:01 AM

As long as you keep your funds in myetherwallet correctly and never visited the phishing web can be ascertained safe. But it can not be used as a guarantee in the future of your funds in myetherwallet will always be safe. Even myetherwallet developers just do not guarantee the absolute security of the user's funds, we can see the message when first opening myetherwallet website.

⚫▶  BUILDERIUM   |▌  CREATING THE FUTURE YOU DESIRE, ONE BID AT A TIME
███ [   Token Sale Starts  ▶  July 23 th, 2018   ] █ █ [   JOIN AIRDROP   ] ███
▬▬▬▬▬    ●    Whitepaper    ●    Facebook    ●    Twitter    ●    Telegram    ●    ▬▬▬▬▬
hakertajniak

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:22:36 AM

if you never give your private key, or keystore, or password, then your coins are save.
Just don't lose that backup, unless you remember your private key. but it is near impossible to remember private key, it is 64 chars!

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Salesman4coinZ

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:30:14 AM

Myetherwallet cant be hacked. Because its just a blockchain faucet. Its directly connected to the ethereum blockchain. So if you want to hack myetherwallet, you have to hack the ethereum blockchain. And if you just know one thing about the blockchain technology, you should know that is impossible to hack this, because is decentralized, and every note has is a copy of it. So if you change one of them, there will be an alam of the other notes thats something wrong whou could not be!
kavita16
Copper Member

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 07:28:03 AM

No your etherwallet not get hacked. If by mistake somewhere you paste the private key it will be hacked.

DMarkov90

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:13:02 PM

Think it's impossible! This wallet has very high security. Hackers can only crack your personal wallets and basically with the help of phishing sites.
Olajide Olaoluwa

Activity: 432

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:15:49 PM

It can get hacked if you disclose your private key or password to any external body, then you wallet can get hacked. The only solution is not to disclose those things.
trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:21:34 PM

I think that such projects as myetherwallet can not be hacked, most likely this whole story with vulnerabilities is possible only in cases when people themselves become the most important vulnerability, so the wallet itself most likely can not be hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: