Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:38:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN - [BEE] - 2014 -2018 - BEE COIN - the original BEE ===  (Read 27438 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:54:33 PM

how are ppl getting on with the latest bee client?

I have at last got bee 2 fully synced up now want to sync the latest client up but seems stuck on

Sun Feb 11

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drax86

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:28:55 PM

I have at last got bee 2 fully synced up now want to sync the latest client up but seems stuck on

Sun Feb 11

Latest client so far seems stuck at block 20000 and no bee coins appear when importing key
TheSea

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:19:58 PM

Sun Feb 11

Latest client so far seems stuck at block 20000 and no bee coins appear when importing key

Yes, I checked the new version of the wallet. I see an available balance, but probably staking does not work, so synchronization is stuck.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:10:12 AM

Sun Feb 11

Yep same for me it stops at that block...  i didnt try the import because i was not sure it would work unless fully synced up

anotherlateminer
Legendary

Activity: 1411
Merit: 1003

Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:55:35 PM

Is there any exchange that supports BEE?
TheSea

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:08:27 PM

Is there any exchange that supports BEE?
At the moment there is no exchange. First we need to release a new wallet and synchronize a new chain of blocks.
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:49:02 PM

Sorry for my absence - I have been too busy, too tired.

drax86

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:02:16 PM

any new updates?
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:42:05 PM

has anyone got a fully synced bee (3) wallet and if so can you post some nodes?

drax86

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:08:04 PM

I don't think there is a fully synced bee chain yet. I believe the 20000 blocks is all there is
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 11:18:05 PM

I don't think there is a fully synced bee chain yet. I believe the 20000 blocks is all there is

I set 20000 blocks as a trial, staking tx have to mature which means blocks have to be initially mined until the staking weight starts to support the network. PoS didn't kick in as I expected so I guess there's something that I don't yet properly understand but then again the network consisted of just three of my machines and PoS alcoins can get really cranky with small numbers of nodes. I need to look again at the code.

Cheers

Graham
Real_Unhooked

Activity: 838
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:48:32 AM

Any updates? When are we getting a new wallet? Seems to be ages ago? What is the hold up? Getting a bit impatient here if you can't tell Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:15:24 PM

I set 20000 blocks as a trial, staking tx have to mature which means blocks have to be initially mined until the staking weight starts to support the network. PoS didn't kick in as I expected so I guess there's something that I don't yet properly understand but then again the network consisted of just three of my machines and PoS alcoins can get really cranky with small numbers of nodes. I need to look again at the code.

Cheers

Graham

I did notice palmdetroit is back in the game and I did ask if he may be interested in helping out a bit. I think he said he had collaborated on a project with you before and maybe he can take a look at the pos side and see if he can see any bugs. I think he is familiar with pos from PHS.

Thanks for all you have done so far graham these things do take a lot more time and effort that people actually understand cbx is still getting their code straight  and have 2 devs on it. Good design and code takes a lot more effort and time than people sometimes understand..

Also next time if you announce ahead of time a date and time to start testing we will get a few community members to sync up and try to start pos off at the same time.

drax86

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:22:06 PM

I can leave my bee wallet open, however when i imported my key, it still shows 0 bees so not sure if I would be any help to test staking
pass75

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:07:49 PM

I can also do it if you need. Just let me know.
Thank you.
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 04:58:49 PM

Cheers

Graham

I did notice palmdetroit is back in the game and I did ask if he may be interested in helping out a bit. I think he said he had collaborated on a project with you before and maybe he can take a look at the pos side and see if he can see any bugs. I think he is familiar with pos from PHS.

Thanks for all you have done so far graham these things do take a lot more time and effort that people actually understand cbx is still getting their code straight  and have 2 devs on it. Good design and code takes a lot more effort and time than people sometimes understand..

Also next time if you announce ahead of time a date and time to start testing we will get a few community members to sync up and try to start pos off at the same time.

Because I don't have the resources to populate a peer-to-peer network to test it privately myself, I couldn't actually predict whether it would work at all. I offered it up so that people could, if they wished, see if their balance showed up correctly.

It would be great to be able get palmd's input, we last interacted a few years ago at the start of Spreadcoin - which is handy because as several other altcoin communities have found, devs are fairly reluctant to take on the responsibility for someone else's hacky code (and the Navcoin code itself is somewhat hacky).

I'm still looking into the source of the issue, the port is pretty much done and mostly working. I think it's a matter of ensuring that the configuration is internally consistent and coherent after the adjustment of the parameters to reference billions of coins rather than millions. I recently switched over to Helium for a couple of weeks to thrash out the details of their public ledger transfer and in the process, deepened my model sufficiently to be able to return to the Navcoin->Bee port with a much better understanding of what I might have got wrong. It was/is the next thing I was/am planning to do after attending to bitcointalk responses. I'll report back later this evening.

Cheers

Graham

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:30:24 PM

Cheers

Graham

Because I don't have the resources to populate a peer-to-peer network to test it privately myself, I couldn't actually predict whether it would work at all. I offered it up so that people could, if they wished, see if their balance showed up correctly.

It would be great to be able get palmd's input, we last interacted a few years ago at the start of Spreadcoin - which is handy because as several other altcoin communities have found, devs are fairly reluctant to take on the responsibility for someone else's hacky code (and the Navcoin code itself is somewhat hacky).

I'm still looking into the source of the issue, the port is pretty much done and mostly working. I think it's a matter of ensuring that the configuration is internally consistent and coherent after the adjustment of the parameters to reference billions of coins rather than millions. I recently switched over to Helium for a couple of weeks to thrash out the details of their public ledger transfer and in the process, deepened my model sufficiently to be able to return to the Navcoin->Bee port with a much better understanding of what I might have got wrong. It was/is the next thing I was/am planning to do after attending to bitcointalk responses. I'll report back later this evening.

Cheers

Graham

That all sounds quite encouraging. Thanks for the update on this Graham.

I hope that the community can all get ready to help test the next release on a certain date and time.

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 02:23:57 AM

I hope that the community can all get ready to help test the next release on a certain date and time.

I wish it were as simple as that.  I don't have the resources to create a model network to work with, so I cannot know whether PoS will work or not and so am hardly in a position to announce a test with all the false expectations that will inevitably arise.

anyway, in the interim, I made a few changes in a separate branch, named "rewind".  The ledger is now implemented as address-balance pairs: https://github.com/gjhiggins/been/blob/rewind/src/chainparams.cpp#L64 so now anyone can search for their Bee address in the list and check the balance. I re-cut the genesis block and reset the blockchain back to block 0.

https://github.com/gjhiggins/been/tree/rewind

The API generate call is functional - blocks are generated on demand. Bee privkeys should import and the balance should correctly appear. (It won't confirm unless you hand-crank the blockchain with generate).

Cheers

Graham
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 12:15:29 PM

(and the Navcoin code itself is somewhat hacky).

To wit, the line of code at https://github.com/NAVCoin/navcoin-core/blob/897ff05a9b4e5f248b32c4ede3a9c5dac6b88122/src/pow.cpp#L79 entirely bypasses the CheckProofOfWork calculation. Hard evidence of direct interference in the functioning of the engine.

Cheers

Graham
drax86

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:38:15 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2018, 09:38:26 PM by drax86

Importing Key appears to work now, doesn't show all my bee2 coins but that could just be based on when you forked the chain.

It appears that staking is working
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: