Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:48:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the worst trading decision you've ever made?  (Read 1376 times)
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:59:11 PM

The worst experienced that I have in trading is when I sell my bitcoins in lower price because of continuous decreases happening these past few days. I lost my money but it was a lesson learned in my life.

No one can always win in this kind of market, Personally I worst experienced is to trade with zero knowledge i bought cheap coins and my portfolio becomes more cheaper really learned from this and hopefully able to bounce after a fall.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:13:33 PM

We always hear people posting about their awesome trades and/or gains but very rarely hear about the stupid things that people do. With that in mind, let's hear the biggest brainfarts you've had while trading crypto...
Its not actually a trade but somehow considered to be part of. Going back in the past on where i do have XRB (Raiblocks) which have been bought for a very very low price and then being sold out into few hundreds of satoshis wayback before and now the price had soared up high which i do end up on regretting because if i did able to hold it of for almost a year then i might be a millionaire as of now.

I could be an early adopter for the coins but I didn't buy them and I missed this thing some time ago. This is the worst one ever for me, I will never repeat the same mistake I wish.
I also miss much of the opportunities. I Always want to be in the people who buy the coins before a bigger percentage gain in the exchange, but I always come later. But once in one coin which was with me from an year I earned about 20X and from that I learned that we have to keep some amount of money in some high potential coins and that will make us a good profit with the passage of time.
rawafe

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:28:53 PM

My worst trade decision was a few months ago. I bought all my investment in BCH and inmediately the market started to decrease. Panic seized me so I decided to sell all.
The next day the market started again to raise.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:17:53 AM

We always hear people posting about their awesome trades and/or gains but very rarely hear about the stupid things that people do. With that in mind, let's hear the biggest brainfarts you've had while trading crypto...

The worst decision about trading I ever did was I bought a coin when the price went down but it turns out the coin prices continue to fall and now I can only hold it and wait for the price back up because I do not want to lose. by selling it cheaply
As long as the price difference is not that great then you could have made a good investment that is simply going to take sometime before it gives you profits but if you bought at a price that was too high then that could be considered to be a mistake and as you said your only real option is to hold for a long time and hope everything turns out to be OK.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:34:46 AM

The worst decision about trading I ever did was I bought a coin when the price went down but it turns out the coin prices continue to fall and now I can only hold it and wait for the price back up because I do not want to lose. by selling it cheaply
As long as the price difference is not that great then you could have made a good investment that is simply going to take sometime before it gives you profits but if you bought at a price that was too high then that could be considered to be a mistake and as you said your only real option is to hold for a long time and hope everything turns out to be OK.
Better to keep holding since you take it in a wrong entry but if you notice, crypto always have a lots of fluctuations, if that coin is on the top 10 alts then better to wait for some times you will see the best result after, we also needed to assess whether the project is promising or just a quick pumped and
then dumped project, from that type of trade cut loss needs also to be considered.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:23:17 AM

I think my worst trading decision is EMC2. LOL. I spent about 0.2 BTC to buy EMC2 when its price was only 0.00001 BTC/EMC2 then I sold it for 0.00002 BTC/EMC2. Also I doubled all my money but if I were more patient at the time maybe I would have earned more than that 7 or 8 times cause only 1 month after that EMC2 price rised to more than 0.0001 BTC Sad
Well, that is if the OP is talking about signals gotten from indicators, Technical analysis and Fundamental analysis.

In this case, I am sure the OP is referring to Telegram signals where someone calls the shot and the followers do the usual thing which is to follow blindly. That is a huge problem for someone who wants to trade, because there is no way they cannot end up losing a lot at the end. It is always good to have the knowledge and be able to make decision without being told what to do.
JainaVsUther
Copper Member

Activity: 123
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:28:11 AM

Exiting ETH at $300 thinking that was the peak, after buying in at $120.

Disgruntled ICO promoter. Looking to bring some professionalism to the industry if anyone is interested.
vidprab5

Activity: 222
Merit: 11

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:12:13 AM

My biggest mistake yet was when I invested in an ico, the price went down and I kept holding my coins, I believed in the project but I was afraid to invest more in it since the price went below the ico levels, now some months after, the coin is back at ico levels, if I had invested back then I could be in profits already instead of barely making any money.

Sometimes i feel the same too. When some of my ico coins that i bought suddenly deep. There is always a feeling that i need to buy more because it's too cheap but i'm also afraid that it will not increase in it's price. Now, when i believe in the project i will buy more at low price. We can't win or profit if we are afraid that our money will be gone.
Lesson learned, this is one of the things I will do in the future, but right now I cannot do that since I'm not holding a lot of coins and the only one that is down is bitcoin, I could use fiat to buy it but I'm short of money, so I have no option but to hold and let go of this golden opportunity, however once the price recovers I will begin to look for cheap alts once again.
Most of us would really have that kind of hesitation on which we are afraid specially on the very first time we bought our altcoins.The feeling of pump is there which is it somehow caused by intuition together with analysis that it will pump soon but the hesitation is there. If you are a risk taker then most probably you will end up on buying even more when the price is on dip its our choice if price goes as expected then cherish the profits you have made.
I remembered when I started trading and ended up bumping into some of them on telegram, I really regretted not saving my money in my wallet and watching it grow. They have nothing to offer as far as I know, and one would be better off both learning and making those decisions than allowing someone to give a signal that will only be profitable to them alone as that is what they usually do. Relying on others always make one end up screwed and even badly.

Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:27:40 AM

- I never entered altcoin markets like stratis, monero and NEM correctly, although I had the opportunity. Those turned up to be hugely profitable coins.

- I sold some of my good alts too early, and didn't let them grow more profitable.

- At my first days, I listened to everybody everywhere. Many people and sources don't deserve attention (example: trollboxes).
kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:34:25 AM

My biggest mistake yet was when I invested in an ico, the price went down and I kept holding my coins, I believed in the project but I was afraid to invest more in it since the price went below the ico levels, now some months after, the coin is back at ico levels, if I had invested back then I could be in profits already instead of barely making any money.

Sometimes i feel the same too. When some of my ico coins that i bought suddenly deep. There is always a feeling that i need to buy more because it's too cheap but i'm also afraid that it will not increase in it's price. Now, when i believe in the project i will buy more at low price. We can't win or profit if we are afraid that our money will be gone.
Lesson learned, this is one of the things I will do in the future, but right now I cannot do that since I'm not holding a lot of coins and the only one that is down is bitcoin, I could use fiat to buy it but I'm short of money, so I have no option but to hold and let go of this golden opportunity, however once the price recovers I will begin to look for cheap alts once again.
Being dependent should never even be the style of any trader. It is always good to find a way to get the best of the market, which is normally by learning and that is the only way you can really be making good call for yourselves, know what to do at the right time and not live on someone else's idea. Most people make a huge mistake thinking they can always get it right by following others, but they never will.
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:15:19 AM

my worst experience when playing trading is when I sell coins that I have at cheap prices, really I feel depressed because I get a lot of losses. I sell bitcoin loss because I panic and do not know if the price can go back up.
pureclckr

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:32:35 PM

I am a new also in trading because i still learning. Learning from mistake is the best thing to do as new trader.
My biggest mistake is when i trade all in one, so when the price down i could not buy back and recover my loss. I will never do it again.
Most people who even have these signal channels are usually busy using their number of followers to push the market up once they have bought at the dip and the problem is that some even get the signals very late and they still always hop in anyway which makes them to lose at the end of the day. As far as I am concerned, 50/50 is not even good enough. You have to be able to learn on your own and make decisions and that makes your last statement the perfect one.
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:48:09 PM

The worst experienced that I have in trading is when I sell my bitcoins in lower price because of continuous decreases happening these past few days. I lost my money but it was a lesson learned in my life.

No one can always win in this kind of market, Personally I worst experienced is to trade with zero knowledge i bought cheap coins and my portfolio becomes more cheaper really learned from this and hopefully able to bounce after a fall.

That is always a good way to learn from your mistakes because without facing any problem it is not possible for us to keep more concentration on to it. Once we failed then it is always good for us to learn new things in the market.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:38:12 PM

When I invested on Binance app not knowing they have high demand withdrawal fees. Not biggest money I've ever spent but it's breathtaking and regretful I still remember the despair I've been through all that and stuck at holding on it and waiting for the right moment to withdraw.
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:56:49 PM

It happened when a friend of mine said that the coin was a scam and I have sold it. But it turned out, that and have such coin can be pumped.

shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:15:50 PM

My worst trading decision ever is when I sell my gvt token at a low price and after a couple of hours the price start to pump up and now the price hit up to 20$ Im so mad that time because I miss the opportunity to earn a huge profit, now I learn the leason holding is the best way you can do if you want to earn good profit. Hahaha
BabyBoss

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:22:13 PM

That I buy some coins or tokens, thinking that all coins or tokens are very potential or has a future potential that is my worst moves before but as I continue my life in trading I've learned a lot of things especially in my mistakes and also some failures stories of some traders. If you really want to trade make sure you are prepared on the crash don't let your emotions control you.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:33:14 PM

My worst trading decision ever is when I sell my gvt token at a low price and after a couple of hours the price start to pump up and now the price hit up to 20$ Im so mad that time because I miss the opportunity to earn a huge profit, now I learn the leason holding is the best way you can do if you want to earn good profit. Hahaha
sad to hear that mate,but its part of investment to fail..and holding today is riskier than the past because more of the ico now wasnt concern about the token,instead only concerns for the profit after the token hit the market,they were just selling all the tokens and then leave all behind
colake

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:34:44 PM

Bought some altcoin with BNB when BNB was 8$ and then it went up to 23$ the next day. I didn't really had a loss but if I would have kept BNB it would have been much better.
reganvegan (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:53:49 AM

My worst trade decision was a few months ago. I bought all my investment in BCH and inmediately the market started to decrease. Panic seized me so I decided to sell all.
The next day the market started again to raise.

That's a common theme popping up here. The panic sell is a traders worst enemy (closely followed by the fomo buy). Sadly, ignoring emotion is easier said than done!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: