Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:23:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the worst trading decision you've ever made?  (Read 1376 times)
reganvegan (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:56:16 AM

I think my worst trading decision is EMC2. LOL. I spent about 0.2 BTC to buy EMC2 when its price was only 0.00001 BTC/EMC2 then I sold it for 0.00002 BTC/EMC2. Also I doubled all my money but if I were more patient at the time maybe I would have earned more than that 7 or 8 times cause only 1 month after that EMC2 price rised to more than 0.0001 BTC Sad
Well, that is if the OP is talking about signals gotten from indicators, Technical analysis and Fundamental analysis.

In this case, I am sure the OP is referring to Telegram signals where someone calls the shot and the followers do the usual thing which is to follow blindly. That is a huge problem for someone who wants to trade, because there is no way they cannot end up losing a lot at the end. It is always good to have the knowledge and be able to make decision without being told what to do.

I was just talking about dumb trades that people have made. Following other traders blindly is a sure path to destruction, though!  Smiley
reganvegan (OP)

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:01:16 AM

Exiting ETH at $300 thinking that was the peak, after buying in at $120.

To be fair, it was sitting at $300 for aaaaaaaages. Still, I reckon it's got a long way to go before we see ETH's peak...
blackhart7

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:30:28 AM

i bought eth on 28$ and sell it after around 50 $ .i always regret about that
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:33:40 AM

By not trading that was my biggest mistake I only gambled and thought trading is time consuming activity and takes lot of time to give me profit but i was wrong trading is more easier and profitable than gambling , I did stop trading so that I don't overdo and get losses
zhuiyongliang8

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:57:49 AM

The worst decision I ever made was when LTC80 last year I threw out all the LTC I had.

Now the LTC1300.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:42:22 AM

I think my worst trading decision is EMC2. LOL. I spent about 0.2 BTC to buy EMC2 when its price was only 0.00001 BTC/EMC2 then I sold it for 0.00002 BTC/EMC2. Also I doubled all my money but if I were more patient at the time maybe I would have earned more than that 7 or 8 times cause only 1 month after that EMC2 price rised to more than 0.0001 BTC Sad
Well, that is if the OP is talking about signals gotten from indicators, Technical analysis and Fundamental analysis.

In this case, I am sure the OP is referring to Telegram signals where someone calls the shot and the followers do the usual thing which is to follow blindly. That is a huge problem for someone who wants to trade, because there is no way they cannot end up losing a lot at the end. It is always good to have the knowledge and be able to make decision without being told what to do.

I was just talking about dumb trades that people have made. Following other traders blindly is a sure path to destruction, though!  Smiley
Ha ha, even if anyone wants to follow other traders, they should at least be able to make some decisions on their own based on what they suspect on the chart, but of course, some people will rather not learn and follow everything being said by a trader until they lose out completely.

One thing, most times, they are not even told where to stop loss and they end up bag holding until they are left hanging in the cold and then giving up totally to sell for huge loss. It is always better to learn and have your own strategy, and even if you want to follow any trader, at least you will be able to still make your own decisions and analyze the market.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:55:30 AM

The worst trading decision, is not to trade and thinking that my token will have more value than it's current value. Also, the other one is when I was a newbie and I trade my ETH to Bitcoin ( but I click a bitcoin cash logo, because it seems like a bitcoin , almost the same f*cking logo ) , so I do a success exchange on my Eth on that day and excited to send that bitcoin ( which is bitcoin cash in real life ) on my local bitcoin address. But sad to say, my bitcoin address does not supported other kind of token. How cruel, just think what happen next. Sad life.

fyi ( 100 dollars )
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:08:41 AM

Back in the past When people hyped me up and i buy at high price they said that it's a good investment but i realized that those coins are no though their price falls down that time and because i'm a newbie i panic and sell those coin at much lower price but after a month later i saw those coins coming back up again much higher when the time i buy, it's my mistake that i don't have enough patience that made me lose my money although it is not a big amount it is the worst decision i made.

amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:09:13 AM

One bad thing I've ever done is do trading activities without doing research on coins that have very good potential. All I do is trade by simply asking for suggestions from others and ultimately the advice of that person will only result in a loss. and this will be a very valuable lesson for me that in doing trading activity is not enough just to rely on recommendations from others.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Rhaizan

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:15:16 AM

We always hear people posting about their awesome trades and/or gains but very rarely hear about the stupid things that people do. With that in mind, let's hear the biggest brainfarts you've had while trading crypto...

My gash, I remember again what is the worst thing happen to me. I just sell my token when I see that the price are increase and that is the worst decision I did, because in just one week the token I have will increase in x10 ,well this happen is a lesson to me to learn to hold.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:33:32 AM

I think the worst trading decision that I have done is that when I cashed out my Bonpay tokens (BON) for early Christmas gifts at the price of $0.68 per token. However, before the great Bitcoin crash of 2018, the value of Bonpay tokens almost doubled its value, and I could have earned a lot more than what I have today.

However, I am still grateful of what I have, and at least I've learned because I was still new at the time I received my BONs to MyEtherWallet.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Malamok101

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:43:59 AM

We always hear people posting about their awesome trades and/or gains but very rarely hear about the stupid things that people do. With that in mind, let's hear the biggest brainfarts you've had while trading crypto...

Of course all in all, since the forum is always the most frequent answer, the most misleading thing in trading is the sale of the expensive price of altcoin, and when it sells a cheap price.

FraMZ

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:59:21 AM

i bought tron at the starting of the year
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:07:08 AM

I think, for me, the worst decision I have ever made is to buy coins while its still at a high price, not really at peak price, but at a price that the profit you would get would be so little that it won't be any significant or can even be considered as 'profit' per se. I think I was so trigger happy and hyped when I did those trades that I didn't really think much about what I did; I was thinking that since the market is doing good, I wishfully thought that the asset would go up in value even if by study of the trend, I know, with a normal mind, that it won't. I guess, just don't jump the gun and think of your actions through.

LuffyD.Monkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:01:13 PM

By not trading that was my biggest mistake I only gambled and thought trading is time consuming activity and takes lot of time to give me profit but i was wrong trading is more easier and profitable than gambling , I did stop trading so that I don't overdo and get losses
Gambling consumes more time than trading and it is even no beneficial. In contrary to that, trading consumes time like the rest of the activities of world but produces some good outcomes. It benefits a person economically and increases his knowledge too. Gambling is a total random game based purely upon luck whereas a trader takes decision according to his learnings and skills. Both are poles apart in every aspect.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 02:25:24 PM

For me, the worst experience was not checking the (updated) fees of a particular exchange while placing the trade order. As the amount was high, I had to pay comparatively higher amount of fee (cost) for the trade as compared to that of other exchanges. Thus, I recommend everyone to check the hidden cost/fees BEFORE placing the trade order.
kyori

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:42:01 PM

Buy high and sell low. I had tried trading last year at first it was really good because I was gaining little by little but when the market is down I do selling at dip.

⚡️ IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD ⚡️ | TOKEN SALE | DISCUSSION |
anitayui

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:53:13 PM

My worst decision on trading is panic sell, when I still beginning and learn trading if the price falling I will panic and always sell my crypto into low price so I have lose my money into trading. And other day if the price increasing again I'm really regreted about my decision, if I can patient to hold my coin until the price increasing again I will never lose my money.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:54:57 PM

My gash, I remember again what is the worst thing happen to me. I just sell my token when I see that the price are increase and that is the worst decision I did, because in just one week the token I have will increase in x10 ,well this happen is a lesson to me to learn to hold.
Everyone has some worst experience in their trading carrier but one thing is very much true and that is all those who made such kind of mistakes like that of panic selling or not availing the opportunity of buying of coins at time when their market value was low are now the most successful traders amongst all other traders and are making some very good amount of money too.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:38:45 PM

My worst trade decision was a few months ago. I bought all my investment in BCH and inmediately the market started to decrease. Panic seized me so I decided to sell all.
The next day the market started again to raise.

That's a common theme popping up here. The panic sell is a traders worst enemy (closely followed by the fomo buy). Sadly, ignoring emotion is easier said than done!
Every trader should have a strategy and stick to it, rather than panic. However, sometimes, I would not consider somethings as panic; I would rather call it playing safe. The same BCH has reached my stop loss before, sold it and all of a sudden it started rising back, of course some would want to quickly buy back into it and then all of a sudden it came all the way back down before you know it. That is one controlled market I have told myself never to trade again. So, at the end, it is just what they call moving on, and better safe than sorry.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: