Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:40:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will mining will ever stop ?  (Read 4815 times)
Raven91

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:51:07 AM

Hello people, i'm new in the crypto worlds , i have two questions please i need logic answers .

1 - will mining will ever stop Huh?

2 - what will happens when the cryptocurrency reaches it limits ( example : bitcoin 21M , ETH .... , and other curriencies ) ? will they win money after the currencies reaches its limits ?

thank you !

I think mining will not stop. Maybe it will slow down a little bit but it will never stop. Until there is investment and it is in demand it will continue and as long as government wont lay there hands in mining, it wont stop. Its very reliable in terms of transactions and others.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
npolie

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:16:06 PM

I think mining will not stop. I believe in bitcoin. The question is very good. If stop mining , blockchain technology must first be closed. But it will never happen. Every time the investor is increasing. There are a lot of transactions per second in bitcoin. It will not be traded after it is closed. So mining will never stop.
DevilDevil

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:45:50 PM

Hello people, i'm new in the crypto worlds , i have two questions please i need logic answers .

2 - what will happens when the cryptocurrency reaches it limits ( example : bitcoin 21M , ETH .... , and other curriencies ) ? will they win money after the currencies reaches its limits ?

thank you !

I think mining is old and takes too much energy, just like focile fuel it will soon be thing of the past. Alot of new coins are pre-mined or simply dont need any mining.
olsyd

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:09:40 PM

For each cryptocurrency concretely - yes, because each cryptocurrency or almost each has the limit. In common as the field of activity - no, because miners process transactions and makes cryptocurrency decentralized.

I think the price on these cryptocurrencies will soar to space.
JeromeL

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:54:34 PM

With the termination of production, circulation of coins will cease. Who will count the blocks for conducting transactions? Nobody will take it for free.

JeromeL

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:11:03 PM

Never minig does not stop, otherwise all the crypto industry will become. Even if all coins are mined, the minigan will continue to be paid to the commission holders.

Jay Jay crypto

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:17:22 PM

I don't think mining will never stop as long as there are any coins that could be mining and if the supply reaches the limits, then we can move to another coin that will give us a profit.
rhyoanime

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

https://www.empirehotels.io/

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 04:22:04 PM

maybe it will not happen, because the more into the future of cryptocurrency technology will be growing rapidly.

EMPC  Token
EMPIREHOTELS (EMPC) used for business, hotel ,Room booking
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ? face Book  Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:50:16 PM

I don't think mining will never stop as long as there are any coins that could be mining and if the supply reaches the limits, then we can move to another coin that will give us a profit.

Mining has nothing to do with profit!

In a PoW network, mining is mandatory for block generation and transaction verification.

But things are changing and PoS is gaining momentum.

Therefore, PoW might be doomed.

p i e c e

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:37:43 AM

Good question. For me, it will never stop because if it will stop no more people or miner will process our transaction, there are many transactions ever second. Blockhain is evolving everyday, you cannot stop mining because if it will happen, no more transaction will be processed.

Here I will agree with you. If the mining is stopped it means that the cryptocurrency will be stopped as well. Yes, Ripple will survive, centralized currency. I think mining will last for a LONG time.
ngantongan8

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:12:37 PM

I think one day it will stop. It will be like in the ordinary world, when 80% of the wealth will be in 5%. Even now, corporations that produce video cards and PC components earn on their own more than 80% of the profits of all miners.
dvlgwarv

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:13:57 PM

As long as the encrypted world is still there, mining will never stop, because the excavation of every project is more difficult.
hualangktsld841

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:19:28 PM

Miners can maintain the network. Miners are a very important part of the encrypted community. As long as bitcoin still exists, mining will not stop. With the greater value of the larger bit currency developed in the community, the output of bitcoin will require greater power mining.
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 03:20:29 PM

maybe it will not happen, because the more into the future of cryptocurrency technology will be growing rapidly.
Bitcoin has a supply around 21 million and the remaining supply to be mined is 20% of it. It means 80% of bitcoin is mined by the miners and if the total supply is mined I dont think there's no way we cant generate a transaction with out finishing having a block.

PoS can be an option to survive bitcoin.
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:31:28 PM

thank you !

1. Mining will always be there, the correct question is "will mining ever stop being profitable?" This is based on fears that ETH will soon move to POS. When this happens, it will greatly decrease profitability of all mining rigs

2. When cryptocurrencies like bitcoin reach its max supply it will become a scarce resource. It will serve as a currency you can exchange but it will consequently increase in value.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
sidodadii

Activity: 597

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:55:19 PM

As long as still profitable mining will not stop, even more and more of its enthusiasts because of seeing a very large profit. and if the total coin in the mining has reached the limit then the miner still get the income from the transaction fee that occurs in blockchain so no need to worry.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
AlphaWolf

Activity: 217
Merit: 120

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:40:22 PM

Not in the near future. The whole cryptocurrencies are facilitated by mining and without mining then transactions won't be confirmed which would mean that you would not be able to send coins. Ethereum seems to be working on converting to POS which would mean that the services of miners would no longer be needed but until something like that is put in place, mining will continue to be important and not stop.

GreenPowerRanger

Activity: 223
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:30:54 PM

I think mining will be stopped in future. Because they will be more and more coins who wouldnt be mined anymore, because it just needs to much power and to much eelectricity. YOu see there are several coins who work with prrof of stake and it works very good. So instead of mining with the high hash power, you can mine with your regular pc and your wallet, which uses a much few electricity. Also the tangle system from iota is much better for the enviroment!
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 03:35:31 PM

No, mining won't stop.
It is mathematically designed to get harder and harder.
For example, Bitcoin, even though it's been mined for the past 8 years, still has an estimated 50 years to go until it is all mined.

Mining is at the core of blockchain technology and allows for decentralization and the running of the tech itself.
It's such a simple concept and has proven to work.

The only downside is the incredible amounts of energy it takes to mine now.
Solving these algorhythms has become so long and complex that you need a supercomputer to do it effectively.

There are a number of new projects that are trying to create things similar to blockchain that doesn't require mining.
Perhaps in a couple years we will finally see crypto evolve and be offered a realistic alternative that doesn't consume so much resources.

energycom

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:38:49 PM

No, mining won't stop.
It is mathematically designed to get harder and harder.
For example, Bitcoin, even though it's been mined for the past 8 years, still has an estimated 50 years to go until it is all mined.

Mining is at the core of blockchain technology and allows for decentralization and the running of the tech itself.
It's such a simple concept and has proven to work.

The only downside is the incredible amounts of energy it takes to mine now.
Solving these algorhythms has become so long and complex that you need a supercomputer to do it effectively.

There are a number of new projects that are trying to create things similar to blockchain that doesn't require mining.
Perhaps in a couple years we will finally see crypto evolve and be offered a realistic alternative that doesn't consume so much resources.

The algorithm gets harder and harder every time in mining. This proves the income level. It won't stop, as long as we have electricity and internet it will keep going. Brands are starting to produce some special equipment for the miners.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: