Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:51:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Copper Bars | Scrypt-Jane CPU | Accepted for Gold and Silver soon [CPR]  (Read 17243 times)
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:09:04 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2013, 07:56:54 AM by iGotSpots

IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDNODES IN YOUR CONF FILE, DELETE THEM IMMEDIATELY! IT MAY CAUSE YOU TO OWN FORK DUE TO A BAD NODE(S)
You shouldn't need them in there anyway. The way it's set up you should connect automatically to the right nodes

We are ready to announce the fourth currency that will be accepted for trade on iGotSpots.com

That currency is...Copper Bars! We designed this coin to be mined in conjunction with Spots and took the complete opposite approach when it came to parameters. Spots is a Scrypt coin made to be mined with GPU's, while Copper Bars are Scrypt-Jane and meant to be mined with CPU's. This will allow you to mine both coins concurrently and double your precious metals profits! Spots is a slow block time coin that rewards 49 Spots per block. Copper Bars will be fast blocks with small rewards. This will attract miners that like slow, big numbers, as well as the people that prefer fast, frequent payouts. Copper Bars will be used to purchase...imagine that, copper bars and coins on iGotSpots.com - We were going to take an already established currnecy, but since Spots launed so well and so smoothly, we decided to make our own that will be mined at the same time as Spots. It's the first package deal coin, so let's do this!

Copper Bars (CPR) - NO PREMINE - NO INSTAMINE - NO BULLSHIT

Scrypt-Jane
16 Second Blocks
.0064 Block Reward x 80 Billion Blocks for 512 Million total Coins
NO SUPERBLOCKS AT ALL
1% Stake with 365 Days of Coin Age Required, 730 days for full weight
RPC Port = 7873
P2P Port = 7874

Mining Pools
http://cpr.coinmine.pl:7060

Still looking for a P2Pool

Clients

Windows: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B49exKIsGBn5dDdleDVjbnBXQlE/edit?usp=sharing

Source:  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B49exKIsGBn5N3R5RElvUXUzTmc/edit?usp=sharing

Github:  https://github.com/copperbars/copperbars

IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDNODES IN YOUR CONF FILE, DELETE THEM IMMEDIATELY! IT MAY CAUSE YOU TO OWN FORK DUE TO A BAD NODE(S)
You shouldn't need them in there anyway. The way it's set up you should connect automatically to the right nodes

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:12:54 PM

CPR was released in the Spots thread and on Cryptsy last night for a few hours head start for the Spots community. I told you guys for almost a week that we were going to do it, so don't say it wasn't a fair start. Cryptsy chat also knew about it the second it was launched

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:13:09 PM

Reserved

cryptopi

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:18:24 PM

So is the only way to mine this directly from the wallet client with CPU?

www.hosterbox.com - really good web hosting (accepts bitcoins)
(disclaimer - I am not affiliated with hosterbox in any way)
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:19:29 PM

That's how I'm doing it. I'm sure you can find something else if you really look, but I don't have much experience with mining Scrypt-Janes, so I've been using the wallet to mine it, just to make sure it's running smoothly

cryptopi

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:20:59 PM

That's how I'm doing it. I'm sure you can find something else if you really look, but I don't have much experience with mining Scrypt-Janes, so I've been using the wallet to mine it, just to make sure it's running smoothly

Ok. As soon as you find an alternative method, can you please post it here?

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:22:59 PM

Yea, for sure. Although I kinda hope nobody makes a GPU miner, though, so you guys can mine these and Spots at the same time like we had designed them to be

cryptopi

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:26:26 PM

Yea, for sure. Although I kinda hope nobody makes a GPU miner, though, so you guys can mine these and Spots at the same time like we had designed them to be

Also, I have another question. I just downloaded the wallet onto one of my computers and it just finished syncing. When I opened the debug console and typed setgenerate true -1, nothing happened and my CPU usage is still at 5% or so. What happened? How do we mine this from the client?

Thanks

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:27:20 PM

Also, I have another question. I just downloaded the wallet onto one of my computers and it just finished syncing. When I opened the debug console and typed setgenerate true -1, nothing happened and my CPU usage is still at 5% or so. What happened? How do we mine this from the client?

Thanks

Just type

setgenerate true

Shadey

Activity: 193

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:32:58 PM

Thanks

I just typed setgenerate true 4 (or however many cores you have, 4 in my case lol)

DRK - Xq5o7AGBau1bL59fDuJpgcU6XQ6Fr6iHRm
BTC - 182pCAyuawff3ANB6FdifKBLcq5a7abFTh
LTC - LcpDzdX8v9s1JB2bHnb8bCoCKEckyxL9JU
The Golden Egg game Sponsor: https://thegoldenegg.co/users/Shadey?d27de3572
cryptopi

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:38:19 PM

Thanks

I just typed setgenerate true 4 (or however many cores you have, 4 in my case lol)

Yeah, I just realized why it did not work. It said it was done syncing and the I started to mine. However, it did not really sync because it discovered another 25k blocks and then started to sync those. Basically, every few minutes it discovers another few thousand blocks that have to sync. It is quite odd and at this rate, it should take roughly a few hours to sync. Is it supposed to take this long?

barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:39:29 PM

seems to be jumping between two chains in sync, one has 20k+ block and the other 5k+ blocks
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:43:23 PM

No idea why you guys aer getting that. I just reloaded and didn't have the problem. Maybe a bad node

Remove the addnodes from your conf, you shouldn't need them anyway, and let me know if it works

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:45:28 PM

XPM should have been the proof positive that any CPU only coin will fall victim to botnetters as soon as there is any profit to be made.

This one will be no different.

~BCX~

Yes, but I assume some people will be using GPUs very soon anyway

TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:47:53 PM

No idea why you guys aer getting that. I just reloaded and didn't have the problem. Maybe a bad node

Remove the addnodes from your conf, you shouldn't need them anyway, and let me know if it works
Done. Now it's a 30k blockchain. Shocked
Edit: 40k. Lol
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:48:20 PM

anyone using GPU on this?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:52:00 PM

15:51:51

{
"blocks" : 39147,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00147012,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : 4,
"hashespersec" : 123885,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

feeleep
Legendary

Activity: 1197

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:55:22 PM

Hi,

just managed to compile GPU miner:

https://mega.co.nz/#!HgAR3aJC!dE3EiGNzE_ZmCM7IeALAshzgFS5dgDd0UM11Q2v1O4Q

tar -xjvf 1.bz2
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe" ./configure --enable-scrypt
make

this is very dirty hack as I dont have programming skills - just my brain. It will produce executable file ybcminer but ignore the name - use it to mine CPRs

dont ask me to maintain it as I am not able to answer.

feeleep

BTW: working on pool for this coin but it seems to have the same problem as cosmoscoin and few others with submitblock function

Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:03:20 PM

@iGotSpots

In the spots thread you snapped back at a poster for saying the chain was under attack telling him not to comment if he didn't know what he is talking about. I can assure I do know what I am talking about.

With 16 second block time and 3 confirms, you have created the perfect storm for forking.

You have several long forks of legit miners all mining away.

There appears to be a large 40K chain, a 20K chain and growing 5K chain.

This coin won't be killed by an attacker, it's already been killed by design flaws.

Hate to tell you, this beast appears to be cooked.

Fix and restart.

~BCX~

A fork draws BCX like a flame does a moth Grin

Seriously, though if there are indeed 3 chains, restarting with suitable parameters would be the right thing. Though, to be honest I am not really sure why you would get another coin to compete with Spots. If it being supposedly CPU friendly is the reason, do you then plan to release a ASIC friendly aka SHA256 coin? What about a SHA3 coin?
96redformula

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:06:11 PM

I can't sync up the block chain Sad
cryptopi

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:09:24 PM

One of my computers said it just discovered 0.0064 of these things and a transaction appeared for that amount. However, I was not credited with those coins and my immature/unconfirmed/confirmed balance is still 0. What went wrong?

Thanks

96redformula

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:10:13 PM

One of my computers said it just discovered 0.0064 of these things and a transaction appeared for that amount. However, I was not credited with those coins and my immature/unconfirmed/confirmed balance is still 0. What went wrong?

Thanks

Seems we are all the wrong block chain.

This was a pretty bad launch.....
cryptopi

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:11:51 PM

Thanks

I am using the 40k one. Furthermore, the address that appears with the transaction is not mine. Is that supposed to happen (noob question - I do not usually solomine things Cheesy)?

spoid

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:13:16 PM

with this block target time, the forking is unlikely to stop.

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
Magic8Ball
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:13:41 PM

Thanks

I am using the 40k one. Furthermore, the address that appears with the transaction is not mine. Is that supposed to happen (noob question - I do not usually solomine things Cheesy)?

Yes

Besides a transaction disappearing means an orphan. That may happen if you are on a correct chain too, just that somebody elses block got accepted before yours.
cryptopi

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:15:05 PM

Thanks

Yes

Besides a transaction disappearing means an orphan. That may happen if you are on a correct chain too, just that somebody elses block got accepted before yours.

Ok thanks Smiley

jlspartz

Activity: 205

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:15:26 PM

@iGotSpots

In the spots thread you snapped back at a poster for saying the chain was under attack telling him not to comment if he didn't know what he is talking about. I can assure I do know what I am talking about.

With 16 second block time and 3 confirms, you have created the perfect storm for forking.

You have several long forks of legit miners all mining away.

There appears to be a large 40K chain, a 20K chain and growing 5K chain.

This coin won't be killed by an attacker, it's already been killed by design flaws.

Hate to tell you, this beast appears to be cooked.

Fix and restart.

~BCX~

Yes, thanks BCX.  I support spots and have been mining copperbars since a few hours after its start (only 1 hour of successful mining) so I'm not just a slanderer. I said it was attacked because people know what it means but basically this is not intentional. It is constantly being forked when someone big jumps on (and you don't need to be all that big) due to the constant low difficulty. The loading of the block chain comes in spurts for people because its finding out about the forks from different peers.
krusin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:19:52 PM

Almost 40K chain here.
amosmc

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:21:03 PM

after running all night 44 transactions but only 5 paids i love spots and am running on them also and i love the idea and concept behind copper bars just way too many orphans for me
cryptopi

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:22:22 PM

after running all night 44 transactions but only 5 paids i love spots and am running on them also and i love the idea and concept behind copper bars just way too many orphans for me

just trying to get a feel here: how many hashespersec?

barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:26:13 PM

Hi,

tar -xjvf 1.bz2
make

this is very dirty hack as I dont have programming skills - just my brain. It will produce executable file ybcminer but ignore the name - use it to mine CPRs

feeleep

BTW: working on pool for this coin but it seems to have the same problem as cosmoscoin and few others with submitblock function

only 1/100 gpu blocks being accepted
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:28:01 PM

I've got 5 rigs that I just restarted and they're all on the 40k block chain...try deleting the two blk files in your appdata folder and let me know if you still find yourself on a different fork

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:32:34 PM

Yes I know we were pushing the envelope with the low block times. But personally I'm not getting any forking on any of the machines I have so far and I've got 5 separate rigs on it

TheSpiral

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:33:39 PM

Hm, well, that's weird. I have a balance of 2 blocks and 2 blocks immature, but only 2 transactions listed (and 20 orphans).

Edit: as for forking, it's constantly switching between them. There's a 3300 fork, a 40,000 fork, and a 20,000 fork that I've seen (under Debug > Estimated total blocks)

Also, yacminer and ybcminer seem to work (though they really really hate this desktop, running fine on a different rig).
forsetifox

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:35:18 PM

Block time is too short. 1-3 minutes is the butter zone IMO.

Awesomecoin had a block time of 2 seconds and it died in 1 day.

I wonder if this one will be dead in 8 days?

Cheesy
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:36:10 PM

Hm, well, that's weird. I have a balance of 2 blocks and 2 blocks immature, but only 2 transactions listed (and 20 orphans).

Edit: as for forking, it's constantly switching between them. There's a 3300 fork, a 40,000 fork, and a 20,000 fork that I've seen (under Debug > Estimated total blocks)

I think one of the nodes must be bad. I'm watching the same info on multiple rigs and I haven't jumped off the 40k chain at all on any of them

You guys still seeing that even if you remove all the nodes from conf file?

maanto

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:36:50 PM

Is it possible that the 2 blockchains (Spots and CopperBars) are getting mixed up on some people's computers?
It looks like the Spots blockchain is about the size that some people are seeing on CopperBars.

I suggest people delete the nodes from their config files if they haven't already. It seems to be working alright for me after I did that.
apbyte

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:38:27 PM

Seems to be all good for me, 40 k blokchain and got 1 out of 6 blocks
TheSpiral

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:38:35 PM

Block time is too short. 1-3 minutes is the butter zone IMO.

Awesomecoin had a block time of 2 seconds and it died in 1 day.

I wonder if this one will be dead in 8 days?

Cheesy
16 seconds is very short, but might be manageable. Right now it's finding a block every one second, or two if you're lucky and that's just udder chaos. Will have to see if the difficulty rising affects the orphancity and block time target.

I think one of the nodes must be bad. I'm watching the same info on multiple rigs and I haven't jumped off the 40k chain at all on any of them

You guys still seeing that even if you remove all the nodes from conf file?
Yes. I got it before and after removing nodes from conf (and even deleting peers.dat).
hotcoldcoin

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:39:38 PM

Yes I know we were pushing the envelope with the low block times. But personally I'm not getting any forking on any of the machines I have so far and I've got 5 separate rigs on it

hotcoldcoin

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:42:17 PM

Is it possible that the 2 blockchains (Spots and CopperBars) are getting mixed up on some people's computers?
It looks like the Spots blockchain is about the size that some people are seeing on CopperBars.

I suggest people delete the nodes from their config files if they haven't already. It seems to be working alright for me after I did that.

I have not looked at the code.  But interesting history:  Spots is a copy of Nuggets code.  But Spots has the "feature" of still using the same network as nuggets.  That caused all types of confusion for a while.

It'd be sad if that was a problem again.   I doubt it?

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:45:32 PM

I have not looked at the code.  But interesting history:  Spots is a copy of Nuggets code.  But Spots has the "feature" of still using the same network as nuggets.  That caused all types of confusion for a while.

It'd be sad if that was a problem again.   I doubt it?

That's definitely not the issue here. The spots issue was simply shared ports

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:46:44 PM

Deleting the add nodes just prevents you from jumping around the forks and confines you to a particular chain. The add nodes were on different chains, thus the chain jumping.

There are still several long chains running.

If this chain isn't restarted I would hate to see the anger when quite a few people try to buy silver on spots exchange and can't because of the forking issue.

~BCX~

Yes, that's why we are running it for a week before we accept it, to get this shit worked out. I'm not ignoring your posts, I'm actually using yours the most to get this worked out since I know what you're talking about

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:47:24 PM

Deleting the add nodes just prevents you from jumping around the forks and confines you to a particular chain. The add nodes were on different chains, thus the chain jumping.

There are still several long chains running.

If this chain isn't restarted I would hate to see the anger when quite a few people try to buy silver on spots exchange and can't because of the forking issue.

~BCX~

Right, but if the right blockchain has more nodes, that will be the one people get onto

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:48:03 PM

16:47:34

getmininginfo

{
"blocks" : 40654,
"difficulty" : 0.00157376,
"hashespersec" : 71164,
}

This is the correct chain.

If you are seeing anything else, please post your getmininginfo along with your getpeerinfo so I can figure out the bad node(s)

amosmc

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:49:02 PM

"blocks" : 40664,
"difficulty" : 0.00157451,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 73896,
ig0tik3d
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:50:28 PM

{
"blocks" : 40733,
"difficulty" : 0.00157942,
"generate" : false,
"hashespersec" : 0,
}
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:50:34 PM

"blocks" : 40664,
"difficulty" : 0.00157451,
"hashespersec" : 73896,

Ok, you are on the correct chain

TheSpiral

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:52:31 PM

getmininginfo

{
"blocks" : 40654,
"difficulty" : 0.00157376,
"hashespersec" : 71164,
}

This is the correct chain.

If you are seeing anything else, please post your getmininginfo along with your getpeerinfo so I can figure out the bad node(s)
The "Current number of blocks" has been remaining constant, as has the "getinfo". What changes is the "Estimated total blocks" on the debug tab in the QT Client.
Also, as above posts ask for... Even if it's just moving to a 24 second block timer would probably be for the best (that's still a 50% increase while still keeping it super low)
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:52:44 PM

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:54:49 PM

You're also good.

Let's see some posts or pics of the forked chains?  Everyone has been synced up so far

forsetifox

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:55:34 PM

Might as well restart now. More time used up on this means people will miss their coins more and not be willing to restart.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:55:41 PM

@Spots

Do the only thing you can now.

Call this an Alpha Test and let everyone know this chain will not be accepted, There's really no way to fix this now.

Fix and relaunch.

Just a suggestion.

~BCX~

I really think it's going to be ok. Nobody is posting their "forked" info. Everyone is on the right chain so far that's posted...

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:56:03 PM

Might as well restart now. More time used up on this means people will miss their coins more and not be willing to restart.

No point, yet. Everyone that is posting their stats has been posting accurate network stats...

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:59:00 PM

Please post your stats if you feel you are on a forked chain or are seeing random jumps. Everyone that's posted so far has the right stats for the network. I still have 5 rigs up with no issues...I'm really not seeing a fork of any kind from where I'm sitting. Not saying I don't trust you guys, but we can't fix it if we can't replicate the issue

96redformula

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:00:42 PM

All good now.

If you are having problems do not put nodes in the config file.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 10:01:21 PM

I'm mining Spots and CPR at the same time right now and still not seeing any funny issues. Yea, I removed the nodes from the OP, you shouldn't need them anyway the way it's set up you should connect automatically to the right nodes

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 10:01:39 PM

All good now.

If you are having problems do not put nodes in the config file.

Awesome, thanks. I had a feeling it was just a bad node.

TheSpiral

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:02:05 PM

Please post your stats if you feel you are on a forked chain or are seeing random jumps. Everyone that's posted so far has the right stats for the network. I still have 5 rigs up with no issues...I'm really not seeing a fork of any kind from where I'm sitting. Not saying I don't trust you guys, but we can't fix it if we can't replicate the issue
Actually, it hasn't jumped for several minutes, perhaps it solved itself amongst the network, I'll take a screenie if it jumps back. All good now (aside from 55 orphans and 10 confirmed, but that's somewhat expected for now)
forsetifox

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:02:11 PM

It's only been out for 2 hours an it's already at 40k blocks?

Shocked

Igotspots. You really should've included your nodes with the release. It could've saved the chain a lot of troubles.
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:04:21 PM

Shocked

He released it to a select few before the public - READ premine. His cronies have the lion's share now, what a sham.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 10:05:59 PM

Shocked

He released it to a select few before the public - READ premine. His cronies have the lion's share now, what a sham.

We released it publicly to the Cryptsy chat room as well as in the Spots thread, which I told you guys for about a week we were going to do.  You can go ask Cryptsy chat right now, this was in no way a secret release or a PREMINE PARTY. I don't premine. Ever. The Spots people will be the ones spending these for gold and silver just like they were created for, it's only fair they get a few hours head start from the botnets.  I have a total of 1.064 Copper Bars right now, don't scream premine. We only do fair releases

forsetifox

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:06:59 PM

Shocked

Where does it say premine?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 10:07:37 PM

Hi,

tar -xjvf 1.bz2
make

feeleep

only 1/100 gpu blocks being accepted

I'm doing a little better at 1 in 20 with GPU, going throw this across 20 m/hs of hash rate and clean up since I know which chain Spots is going to recognize as official. Also looking at tweaking feeleep's hack of YBCminer to see if we can clean it up and optimize a bit.

@Spots

Dude, I would not want to be you when more than 30,000 -40,000 mined blocks on those other chains can't use those coins.

~BCX~

I have no problem reimbursing people that try to make purchases and discover it was my error that caused their coins to be invalid. I'm a businessman here for a long time, not a con man trying to make a quick buck.

But yes, that would suck. That's why I'm asking people that feel they are on the wrong chain to post now (within hours of launch) so we can fix these issues right now and get everything good to go.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 10:09:10 PM

Shocked

Igotspots. You really should've included your nodes with the release. It could've saved the chain a lot of troubles.

The nodes were the problem. Now that they are removed, it shouldn't be an issue anymore

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 10:09:35 PM

If you feel you are on the wrong chain, please post your CPR address and I'll send a small amount over to make sure you get it

maanto

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:10:15 PM

I got this weird thing happening where the blockchain downloading looks right, but the getmininginfo blocks are wrong.
It also looks like I have some mined coins without them showing up as confirmed.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/938/h4yz.jpg

I restarted the program and it's jumping around again to the smaller blockchain. :/
Here's the new printout from mininginfo and peerinfo:
Code:

15:06:54

getmininginfo

15:06:55

{
"blocks" : 18949,
"difficulty" : 0.00058456,
}

15:07:02

getpeerinfo

[
{
"addr" : "118.70.190.61:7874",
"services" : "00000001",
"lastsend" : 1376258812,
"lastrecv" : 1376258812,
"conntime" : 1376258739,
"version" : 60005,
"subver" : "/Satoshi:0.7.2/",
"inbound" : false,
"releasetime" : 0,
"startingheight" : 19300,
"banscore" : 0
},
{
"addr" : "84.237.202.34:7874",
"conntime" : 1376258745,
"startingheight" : 41148,
},
{
"addr" : "50.112.17.11:47951",
"lastsend" : 1376258811,
"lastrecv" : 1376258822,
"conntime" : 1376258749,
"inbound" : true,
"startingheight" : 41150,
},
{
"addr" : "92.115.69.196:7874",
"lastsend" : 1376258810,
"lastrecv" : 1376258821,
"conntime" : 1376258771,
"startingheight" : 41159,
},
{
"addr" : "54.213.83.151:65279",
"lastrecv" : 1376258810,
"conntime" : 1376258808,
"startingheight" : 40812,
},
{
"addr" : "89.21.79.193:7874",
"services" : "00000000",
"lastsend" : 0,
"lastrecv" : 0,
"conntime" : 1376258822,
"version" : 0,
"subver" : "",
"startingheight" : -1,
}
]

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 10:12:29 PM

I got this weird thing happening where the blockchain downloading looks right, but the getmininginfo blocks are wrong.
It also looks like I have some mined coins without them showing up as confirmed.

I restarted the program and it's jumping around again to the smaller blockchain. :/
Here's the new printout from mininginfo and peerinfo:

15:06:54

getmininginfo

15:06:55

{
"blocks" : 18949,
"difficulty" : 0.00058456,
}

getpeerinfo

[
{
"conntime" : 1376258739,

},
{
"conntime" : 1376258745,
"startingheight" : 41148,
},
{
"addr" : "50.112.17.11:47951",
"lastsend" : 1376258811,
"lastrecv" : 1376258822,
"conntime" : 1376258749,
"startingheight" : 41150,
},
{
"lastrecv" : 1376258821,
"conntime" : 1376258771,
"startingheight" : 41159,
},
{
"addr" : "54.213.83.151:65279",
"lastrecv" : 1376258810,
"conntime" : 1376258808,
"startingheight" : 40812,
},
{
"addr" : "89.21.79.193:7874",
"services" : "00000000",
"lastsend" : 0,
"lastrecv" : 0,
"conntime" : 1376258822,
"version" : 0,
"subver" : "",
"startingheight" : -1,

}
]

Remove all addones in your .conf if you have any. The one's that appear to be the issue are bolded

maanto

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:18:01 PM

Okay, cool, so I did remove all the addnodes, and after the application reboot, it still had the forking problem.

However, I just went in and deleted all the cache files (except wallet.dat) and it seems to be working so far.

There's nothing in the wallet balance or transactions tabs. The Number of Transactions still shows 18 though, everything else is zero. I'll post an update when the blockchain downloads and syncs.
Fablio2

Activity: 464
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:19:07 PM

I'm doing a little better at 1 in 20 with GPU, going throw this across 20 m/hs of hash rate......

May you post in this thread compiled binaries of GPU MINER?

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 10:20:30 PM

Since we now know which chain Spots will use as the official one, the nodes below connect you to the official chain.

~BCX~

15:17:26

[
{
"lastsend" : 1376259443,
"lastrecv" : 1376259446,
"conntime" : 1376259368,
"startingheight" : 41450,
},
{
"addr" : "68.226.25.44:7874",
"conntime" : 1376259373,
"startingheight" : 23787,
},
{
"lastrecv" : 1376259445,
"conntime" : 1376259400,
"startingheight" : 41465,
},
{
"addr" : "173.71.201.121:7874",
"lastrecv" : 1376259445,
"conntime" : 1376259416,
"startingheight" : 41473,
},
{
"addr" : "89.21.79.119:7874",
"conntime" : 1376259422,
"startingheight" : 41475,
}
]

Thank you

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 10:21:26 PM

Seriously, guys, I appreciate you all bringing the shit to my attention. I'm glad we seem to have it under control so quickly.

If anyone is still having issues, please don't hesitate to post them so we can get you all set up

forsetifox

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:25:41 PM

Well.. Just got done downloading the block chain and it stalled 12 times so it looks like you're forking 6 times every hour.

Aside from that it's nice to see a 100% clean windows binary. =P
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 10:29:58 PM

Well.. Just got done downloading the block chain and it stalled 12 times so it looks like you're forking 6 times every hour.

If you are synced now, please post your getmininginfo and getpeerinfo

TheSpiral

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:31:36 PM

Currently at 29/155 accepted/transaction rate. Getting slightly better odds.
After messing around with different programs: Minerd_scrypt_jane and its net me ~40k hps with a stock i5-3570k, the default client goes at about 110k (and probably with a better acceptance rate). I might be using an ancient version of minerd_scrypt_jane though...

6850 hashing along at 1.723 Mhps with the ybcminer posted above at intensity 20 without a hitch.

My crossfired (for gaming) 7850's absolutely hate ybcminer and yacminer alike and crash the drivers even at 11 intensity, so no GPU mining on my gaming computer.

For those asking for compiled binaries, if you're on linux, the above posted ybcminer compiles in just a few seconds (maybe two minutes if you're slow) just fine.
forsetifox

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:36:03 PM

Code:
15:34:02

getinfo

{
"version" : "v1.0.0.0-gunit-beta",
"protocolversion" : 60005,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 0.00000000,
"newmint" : 0.00000000,
"stake" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 41952,
"moneysupply" : 268.49136000,
"connections" : 16,
"proxy" : "",
"ip" : "68.226.25.44",
"difficulty" : 0.00166978,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1376258374,
"keypoolsize" : 106,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"errors" : ""
}

15:34:07

getpeerinfo

[
{
"addr" : "64.121.106.144:7874",
"lastsend" : 1376260445,
"lastrecv" : 1376260446,
"conntime" : 1376258391,
"startingheight" : 40991,
},
{
"lastsend" : 1376260446,
"lastrecv" : 1376260447,
"conntime" : 1376258403,
"startingheight" : 40993,
},
{
"lastsend" : 1376260444,
"conntime" : 1376258429,
"startingheight" : 41005,
},
{
"addr" : "192.241.170.26:7874",
"lastsend" : 1376260447,
"conntime" : 1376258451,
"startingheight" : 41012,
},
{
"addr" : "174.98.127.147:7874",
"lastrecv" : 1376259104,
"conntime" : 1376258654,
"startingheight" : 11611,
},
{
"conntime" : 1376258680,
"startingheight" : 41119,
},
{
"addr" : "24.8.152.14:7874",
"conntime" : 1376259348,
"startingheight" : 41439,
},
{
"addr" : "72.47.61.26:54029",
"lastrecv" : 1376260436,
"conntime" : 1376259617,
"startingheight" : 0,
},
{
"addr" : "89.10.236.151:54295",
"conntime" : 1376259814,
"startingheight" : 41659,
},
{
"addr" : "94.242.159.182:57854",
"lastrecv" : 1376260445,
"conntime" : 1376259856,
"startingheight" : 41621,
},
{
"lastrecv" : 1376260424,
"conntime" : 1376259949,
},
{
"addr" : "192.241.174.242:39264",
"conntime" : 1376260197,
"startingheight" : 41841,
},
{
"addr" : "192.241.160.100:39455",
"conntime" : 1376260223,
"startingheight" : 41851,
},
{
"addr" : "84.215.97.128:5409",
"lastrecv" : 1376260379,
"conntime" : 1376260238,
"startingheight" : 5458,
},
{
"addr" : "108.204.77.118:19347",
"conntime" : 1376260336,
"startingheight" : 41898,
},
{
"addr" : "89.21.79.193:56608",
"conntime" : 1376260358,
"startingheight" : 40200,
}
]
96redformula

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:36:51 PM

Currently at 29/155 accepted/transaction rate. Getting slightly better odds.
After messing around with different programs: Minerd_scrypt_jane and its net me ~40k hps with a stock i5-3570k, the default client goes at about 110k (and probably with a better acceptance rate). I might be using an ancient version of minerd_scrypt_jane though...

6850 hashing along at 1.723 Mhps with the ybcminer posted above at intensity 20 without a hitch.

My crossfired (for gaming) 7850's absolutely hate ybcminer and yacminer alike and crash the drivers even at 11 intensity, so no GPU mining on my gaming computer.

For those asking for compiled binaries, if you're on linux, the above posted ybcminer compiles in just a few seconds (maybe two minutes if you're slow) just fine.

I tried the penny miner, its a ybc variant and no luck, all rejects.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 10:37:11 PM

Code:

getinfo

{
"balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 41952,
"moneysupply" : 268.49136000,
"connections" : 16,
"ip" : "68.226.25.44",
"difficulty" : 0.00166978,
"keypoololdest" : 1376258374,
"keypoolsize" : 106,
}

getpeerinfo

[
{
"addr" : "64.121.106.144:7874",
"lastsend" : 1376260445,
"conntime" : 1376258391,
"startingheight" : 40991,
},
{
"lastsend" : 1376260446,
"conntime" : 1376258403,
"startingheight" : 40993,
},
{
"conntime" : 1376258429,
"startingheight" : 41005,
},
{
"addr" : "192.241.170.26:7874",
"conntime" : 1376258451,
"startingheight" : 41012,
},
{
"addr" : "174.98.127.147:7874",
"lastrecv" : 1376259104,
"conntime" : 1376258654,
"startingheight" : 11611,
},
{
"conntime" : 1376258680,
"startingheight" : 41119,
},
{
"addr" : "24.8.152.14:7874",
"conntime" : 1376259348,
"startingheight" : 41439,
},
{
"addr" : "72.47.61.26:54029",
"lastrecv" : 1376260436,
"conntime" : 1376259617,
"startingheight" : 0,
},
{
"addr" : "89.10.236.151:54295",
"conntime" : 1376259814,
"startingheight" : 41659,
},
{
"addr" : "94.242.159.182:57854",
"lastrecv" : 1376260445,
"conntime" : 1376259856,
"startingheight" : 41621,
},
{
"conntime" : 1376259949,
},
{
"addr" : "192.241.174.242:39264",
"conntime" : 1376260197,
"startingheight" : 41841,
},
{
"addr" : "192.241.160.100:39455",
"conntime" : 1376260223,
"startingheight" : 41851,
},
{
"addr" : "84.215.97.128:5409",
"lastrecv" : 1376260379,
"conntime" : 1376260238,
"startingheight" : 5458,
},
{
"addr" : "108.204.77.118:19347",
"conntime" : 1376260336,
"startingheight" : 41898,
},
{
"addr" : "89.21.79.193:56608",
"conntime" : 1376260358,
"startingheight" : 40200,
}
]

Thanks

96redformula

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:37:59 PM

Anybody get a full CopperBar yet?
TheSpiral

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:39:04 PM

Anybody get a full CopperBar yet?
0.3392, not even close.
moneysupply: 269.45772000

I'm sure a few people have well over 1, though.
ig0tik3d
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:39:10 PM

I tried the penny miner, its a ybc variant and no luck, all rejects.
for every fork scrypt-jane need miner modificated special for this coin..
96redformula

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:44:37 PM

Anybody kind enough to compile a windows binary for the GPU miner?
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:47:30 PM

things are just getting plain stupid around here.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 10:51:25 PM

Stop being a hater r3wt

I believe you still owe me .4 btc too. Just sayin

forsetifox

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:51:31 PM

What N value are you using for this, Igotspots?
jlspartz

Activity: 205

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:58:50 PM

I can tell you back in the spots thread that the second posting of nodes has someone on a fork. I was good up to the point I added that second batch. I deleted the addnodes and block chain and peers cache and I got a few again.
r3wt

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:59:57 PM

Don't you have some terminated coins to attend to.

How's NAN working out for you? LOL

~BCX~

ITs doing great BCX thanks for asking.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
r3wt

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:00:39 PM

Stop being a hater r3wt

learn about using insane block targets. 30 seconds is plenty fast enough.

forsetifox

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:04:17 PM

Looks like a fairly large fork @ 42660, 42661.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 11:04:19 PM

Stop being a hater r3wt

If you want to argue, we can do it in PM's. Keep this thread clear of bullshit, please

r3wt

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:06:18 PM

Stop being a hater r3wt

If you want to argue, we can do it in PM's. Keep this thread clear of bullshit, please

wasn't arguing.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 11:13:22 PM

Sorry, missed your question. The nFactor is currently 32

forsetifox

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:16:06 PM

Wow.. Yacoin's N factor stops at 30 in the year 2421. LOL
So this is taking 1GB of memory to hash right now?
Fablio2

Activity: 464
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:20:17 PM

I'm doing a little better at 1 in 20 with GPU, going throw this across 20 m/hs of hash rate......

May you post in this thread compiled binaries?

Try here, this is the source I used.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=271919.msg2912911#msg2912911

I don't upload binaries as I don't usually run precompiled anything from the crypto world. When I do, I run it in a sandbox first.

~BCX~
Thank you, but I saw that post.
Maybe DEV of the coin compile sources and post binaries? Not all people have sufficient knowledge to use sources.
r3wt

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:20:32 PM

you mean 4 right?

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 11:23:35 PM

you mean 4 right?

I asked someone else to come in and explain the nFactor a little bit better than I can

My understanding is that it should be set the same as YAC as for retargets which is ~2 weeks time. The nice thing about the n is when it changes it instantly makes GPU mining harder.

r3wt

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:30:41 PM

you mean 4 right?

I asked someone else to come in and explain the nFactor a little bit better than I can

My understanding is that it should be set the same as YAC as for retargets which is ~2 weeks time. The nice thing about the n is when it changes it instantly makes GPU mining harder.

Eh, there isn't much to understand about N and Nfactor but here are the basics:

Lesson 1
Nfactor grows by +1, while N doubles so:

Nfactor 4 N 32
Nfactor 5 N 64
Nfactor 6 N 128
Nfactor 7 N 256
Nfactor 8 N 512
Nfactor 9 N 1024
Nfactor 10 N 2048
Nfactor 11 N 4096
Nfactor 12 N 8192

Lesson 2

Nfactor of 12 or N of 8196 is the point at which GPU's stop being able hash using the scrypt jane method.

forsetifox

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:31:52 PM

http://yacexplorer.tk/graphs.htm#tech

^^^

Yacoin N value chart.

Yacoin is at N value of 11 right now. Litecoin is at N value of 9.
forsetifox

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:34:11 PM

you mean 4 right?

Lesson 1

Nfactor 4 N 32
Nfactor 5 N 64
Nfactor 6 N 128
Nfactor 7 N 256
Nfactor 8 N 512
Nfactor 9 N 1024
Nfactor 10 N 2048
Nfactor 11 N 4096
Nfactor 12 N 8192

Lesson 2

Nfactor of 12 or N of 8196 is the point at which GPU's stop being able hash using the scrypt jane method.

Hmm. I don't believe that's true. Using an N value of 12 that's 1MB needed to run one hash. So a 1 (1,024 MB) GB card could run 1,024 hashes?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 11:36:57 PM

Don't you have some terminated coins to attend to.

How's NAN working out for you? LOL

~BCX~

ITs doing great BCX thanks for asking.

Would you like for me to fix that for you?

~BCX

LOL r3wt needs to learn that you don't poke the bear, homie

r3wt

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:43:16 PM

you mean 4 right?

Lesson 1

Nfactor 4 N 32
Nfactor 5 N 64
Nfactor 6 N 128
Nfactor 7 N 256
Nfactor 8 N 512
Nfactor 9 N 1024
Nfactor 10 N 2048
Nfactor 11 N 4096
Nfactor 12 N 8192

Lesson 2

Hmm. I don't believe that's true. Using an N value of 12 that's 1MB needed to run one hash. So a 1 (1,024 MB) GB card could run 1,024 hashes?

you should really read up on it. theoretically it could still hash, but for some reason gpu's quit hashing at nfactor12. its pretty much a known fact

maanto

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:08:38 AM

Seems to me updating fine now for me, but...I think I lost those initial coins mined. Sad
I'm not sure how many there were because I don't see them in pending/transaction history.
From the screenshot I posted, it looked like I mined 3 blocks? I don't know if the 18 transactions means anything (newbie me is sort of new to this).
Anyway, thanks for troubleshooting help, everyone.

edit: derp, listtransactions shows them all as orphans :/
Code:

18:10:58

listtransactions

18:10:58

[
{
"account" : "",
"category" : "orphan",
"amount" : 0.00640000,
"confirmations" : 0,
"generated" : true,
"txid" : "4d67cffc65e436425777ee141144680f27030c75da9e1137aa21a7e2e7983e3d",
"time" : 1376256110,
"timereceived" : 1376256117
},
{
"txid" : "25759a9a84ddfe41a6e1e5cfd4ea699776a6cccfefb737c72803b02dde786848",
"time" : 1376256145,
"timereceived" : 1376256161
},
{
"txid" : "b6f6c3859db2f2c4d721d5fcdb28f03d60d49bb807593550f178dfdd8649e0ef",
"time" : 1376256168,
"timereceived" : 1376256171
},
{
"txid" : "07baf2d069a1519a6d2060a0871a29082172dde654914137c6d9f8a0932b9fc2",
"time" : 1376256171,
"timereceived" : 1376256176
},
{
"txid" : "cc70c8cad72a2ca8ee9ae0cfb77bc48a74506c9741d78de41ba047786ea6d16c",
"time" : 1376256191,
"timereceived" : 1376256194
},
{
"txid" : "e0705a7cabdccfe98308c9bcd501113a0a19c5ec23b3184dc76b868c1c8ff7da",
"time" : 1376256857,
"timereceived" : 1376256862
},
{
"txid" : "d14d2473ea972cd20fd3457bc55da4cbde63f0c8e6950dabb1594df7f36a399a",
"time" : 1376256877,
"timereceived" : 1376256882
},
{
"txid" : "51a14b9c8659df7d323934e786b67745aa40c0741445982a748c8689c5d278cb",
"time" : 1376257018,
"timereceived" : 1376257021
},
{
"txid" : "e2e587b23920eaf56eb66fd82ff6a7bdf6eaa0ab5152b9166f93fe9ed2f21e1e",
"time" : 1376257037,
"timereceived" : 1376257041
},
{
"txid" : "ae239ed716f498757501611c6a6557f0394ec78599e2f680b1291d661c781904",
"time" : 1376257076,
"timereceived" : 1376257077
}
]
TheSpiral

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:17:15 AM

Seems to me updating fine now for me, but...I think I lost those initial coins mined. Sad
I'm not sure how many there were because I don't see them in pending/transaction history.
From the screenshot I posted, it looked like I mined 3 blocks? I don't know if the 18 transactions means anything (newbie me is sort of new to this).
Anyway, thanks for troubleshooting help, everyone.
Those are orphans. I have over 500 of them. It happens at low difficulties. There's a block found every 2 seconds or so, so there'll be LOTS for orphans for quite a while (it usually gets better once the diff goes up a bit)

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:22:14 AM

anybody can give me the windows client another link? i can't download it!
TheSpiral

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:36:51 AM

anybody can give me the windows client another link? i can't download it!
Try: https://mega.co.nz/#!xpI1WIba!dDoNlQMxI6cJu622DNDBkDwUVjVGJNDXdt_8ui9RhHs
maanto

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:14:03 AM

My 19 orphans are crying. May their tears will fuel the copper miners. :p
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 03:20:51 AM

Lol, yea, orphans suck. We are working on a P2Pool right now which will be perfect for this coin.

We designed it to be fast (and had planned for the orphanage). This coin was designed for one reason. To keep a stable, steady price for precious metals. We had to have fast blocks to make merchant services easier to use, Right now, orphans are just a small price to pay for stability. Once we get some good pools running and a higher hashrate on the network, things will even themselves out and you guys will be very pleased with the results

forsetifox

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:22:12 AM

14 orphans, 3 blocks with 56k hashes/s in about 4.5 hours.
xan_The_Dragon

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:56:31 AM

added to my collection of wallets

MfFMEpgL5Ma9C2yw6iSsSX4QcbSVzjm6iK
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 04:04:16 AM

I think something is wrong, confirmed balance of 2.1568 just disappeared

{
"blocks" : 52010,
"difficulty" : 0.00268548,
"hashespersec" : 383837,
}

isnt this the right chain?
Entz

Activity: 210

I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 04:15:43 AM

mine

{
 "blocks" : 52318,
    "difficulty" : 0.00272574,
}

Your diff seems low, though at a block every 2s hard to say.

TheSpiral

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 04:16:45 AM

Should be right, though I haven't had a confirmed block in a couple hours...
96redformula

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 04:22:54 AM

So whats the money supply at this point?

I am assuming

335 Copper Bars

52480blocks * 0.0064
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 04:34:01 AM

So whats the money supply at this point?

I am assuming

335 Copper Bars

52480blocks * 0.0064

23:33:48

{
"balance" : 1.78929900,
"blocks" : 52775,
"moneysupply" : 337.75681000,
"connections" : 8,
"ip" : "72.133.203.38",
"difficulty" : 0.00278493,
"keypoololdest" : 1376193945,
"keypoolsize" : 105,
}

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 04:34:37 AM

We are working on a pool. As soon as it catches up with the block chain it'll be up. P2P

forsetifox

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 04:46:53 AM

Block chain is almost 250 MB. If it keeps going at this rate it'll be 5.25 GB a week.  Shocked
r3wt

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 04:57:26 AM

Block chain is almost 250 MB. If it keeps going at this rate it'll be 5.25 GB a week.  Shocked

and the facepalm continues

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 05:03:39 AM

Its ok to be jealous but if you could take it elsewhere that would be awesome

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 05:05:11 AM

We have one pool up at CPR.coinmine.pl let me know if that one works

Still working on the p2pool

r3wt

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 05:07:10 AM

jealous? j-coin > copperbars

(PERIOD)

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 05:11:35 AM

(PERIOD)

Right. So anyway

r3wt

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 05:20:03 AM

Block chain is almost 250 MB. If it keeps going at this rate it'll be 5.25 GB a week.  Shocked

(PERIOD)

Right. So anyway

ok, i'm sorry Spots. i just wish you would let some one influence you into making a better coin. this coin could have been bad ass, now its just an orphanfest with a  blockchain size that will rival bitcoin's in ~two weeks. the worst part is, you'll soon find out its very hard to get wallets to sync with that small of blocktimes. ask any fast coin user. just trying to help you out man, maybe i should have pm'd you. i get the feeling you wouldn't listen. you're bullish like that(which is a good thing in business but bad from a technical standpoint). maybe you could create an implementation of electrum for this coin to ease the strain on users. just my .02 cents

2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 05:31:44 AM

I cannot get the blockchain to sync on multiple linux machines.  Copperbarsd crashes when trying to sync.

I deleted the blockchain and tried to re-download it but it still doesn't work.  I don't have any "addnodes" listed in my conf file.

I managed to mine over 3 copperbars last night, but now none of my six linux machines will sync.

If I can't get copperbarsd to resync, I'd like to be reimbursed for my copperbars.

Thanks

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 05:42:42 AM

Ahh, now i'm giving up. Anyone wanna share the wealth, please do. CGa6KqHwKV8ruxQS3fasA91pdYD5g8PFkV

i went from 2+ to zero in seconds.
96redformula

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 05:43:21 AM

Can we get a windows GPU build Smiley
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 05:51:28 AM

You guys really need to make sure you delete all the addnodes from your conf or you're going to keep losing coins...

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 05:51:47 AM

Can we get a windows GPU build Smiley

I'm also interested in this. I'd be willing to throw a little bit down on a bounty for it too in either BTC or Spots. I don't have shit for CPR yet, or I'd offer those too

2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:11:36 AM

This blockchain is UNSYNCABLE!  The blocks are coming in too fast!  Brace for crash!

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:16:17 AM

I really wish I would get any of the errors you guys are running in to.

Also, I never said this was a test. I said the plan was to accept it on iGotSpots.com in 7 days

I'm having a real hard time justifying killing this project without getting any errors myself...I believe you guys, but I think once everything is sorted out and diff rises, everything will be running fine, just like it had been for me this whole time

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:16:53 AM

Maybe I should've just stayed out of scrypt-jane...but it fits so well with what my plan was to have Spots and Bars mined at the same time.

At this point, if we re-start the coin, it's going to lose all respect and will be completely worthless after the re-launch

Entz

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:20:34 AM

Maybe I should've just stayed out of scrypt-jane...but it fits so well with what my plan was to have Spots and Bars mined at the same time
scrypt chacha i'snt the problem, too fast of blocks with a low diff is.

Not that I want to see it restarted (I have quite a lot mined), but a coin does need to be sustainable.

Just launched a new linux client to see if I can get the same problem. First 10k seem fine (no crashes yet etc), biggest issue is there are a ridiculous amount of orphans on the chain (page after page of them in the log)

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:22:34 AM

Maybe I should've just stayed out of scrypt-jane...but it fits so well with what my plan was to have Spots and Bars mined at the same time
scrypt chacha i'snt the problem, too fast of blocks with a low diff is.

Not that I want to see it restarted (I have quite a lot mined), but a coin does need to be sustainable.

Just launched a new linux client to see if I can get the same problem. First 10k seem fine (no crashes yet etc), biggest issue is there are a ridiculous amount of orphans on the chain (page after page of them in the log)

Orphans were expected. That's not the issue. I'm going to keep it running for a little while longer and see what happens. I really think it will sort itself out. I'm not seeing any forks at all on the 5 nodes I've had running since minute 1

2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:24:12 AM

Attempting resync.  What is the current block?

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:24:40 AM

Give me a few more days to see if I can get it smooth. If it does fail, the ones that stick around I'll reward in some Spots for your wasted time. I wouldn't keep going if I didn't think it would work

"blocks" : 55347,

I haven't had any fork or network issues personally, so I really can't justify quitting on it so easily

96redformula

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:25:05 AM

After you compile in linux what command line are you guys using to run ybcminer, I can't seem to get it to run.

I get "unrecognized option"

ybcminer --scrypt

and ybcminer --scrypt-jane
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:26:05 AM

Orphans were expected. That's not the issue. I'm going to keep it running for a little while longer and see what happens. I really think it will sort itself out. I'm not seeing any forks at all on the 5 nodes I've had running since minute 1

Remember the nodes you bolded to remove?

Those were nodes on different chains.

~BCX~

Yea, I fucked up on the nodes. They are gone and everyone should have removed them by now

That shouldn't be a coin killer though

2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:27:10 AM

Resync failed at 3705 and corrupted my wallet!  There goes over 0.6 coins!   Sad

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
96redformula

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:27:59 AM

Resync failed at 3705 and corrupted my wallet!  There goes over 0.6 coins!   Sad

Stay in school bro.  Just kidding, I kid, I kid.
Entz

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:30:13 AM

Sheer number of them seems to be messing with syncing. The linux node I launched has been sitting at around 10034 blocks with thousands upon thousands of orphans being processed ( im guessing these are the other forks getting trashed). Been there for several minutes now.

Once it does get synced (assuming you dont restart) it seems to be okay. It may correct itself in time, will have to see. Forks are bad though =/

Entz

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:32:19 AM

After you compile in linux what command line are you guys using to run ybcminer, I can't seem to get it to run.

ybcminer --scrypt

You have to enable scrypt when you run ./configure (see the build.txt files for a list)

Edit: That being said, I am not sure having more GPU miners on is a good idea ...

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:33:08 AM

Sheer number of them seems to be messing with syncing. The linux node I launched has been sitting at around 10034 blocks with thousands upon thousands of orphans being processed ( im guessing these are the other forks getting trashed). Been there for several minutes now.

Once it does get synced (assuming you dont restart) it seems to be okay. It may correct itself in time, will have to see. Forks are bad though =/

The only forks were from bad nodes. We got rid of them this morning.

You guys...it really is going fine. I understand some of you lost coins and you're pissed. If I had any to give you to replace them I would. Just take a few days off if you're that mad, and check back to see that we have fixed everything

It is sorting itself out. Be patient. I'm not going to bail and leave you guys with wasted days. Look how I've been handling Spots. I've been fair and taken care of you guys. Just bear with me. Let the difficulty rise when we get more miners and things will be just fine.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:33:34 AM

ybcminer --scrypt

You have to enable scrypt when you run ./configure (see the build.txt files for a list)

Edit: That being said, I am not sure having more GPU miners on is a good idea ...

It would raise the difficulty enough to get rid of the orphans

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:35:43 AM

We are getting so many orphans because the hash rate is still too low. It was designed to support higher hash rates more efficiently. I was expecting more initial network power. Just chill. I promise it will work out

Entz

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:36:26 AM

You guys...it really is going fine. I understand some of you lost coins and you're pissed. If I had any to give you to replace them I would. Just take a few days off if you're that mad, and check back to see that we have fixed everything

It is sorting itself out. Be patient. I'm not going to bail and leave you guys with wasted days. Look how I've been handling Spots. I've been fair and taken care of you guys. Just bear with me. Let the difficulty rise when we get more miners and things will be just fine.
Actually I haven't lost anything yet ( I have always been on the correct chain, even with the bad nodes in the config). Just going by what others have mentioned (still seems to be forking). That is why I am bringing up a new client to check.

Just not a fan of needing 2-3 hours to sync a chain.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:37:47 AM

Actually I haven't lost anything yet ( I have always been on the correct chain, even with the bad nodes in the config). Just going by what others have mentioned (still seems to be forking). That is why I am bringing up a new client to check.

Just not a fan of needing 2-3 hours to sync a chain.

You could have just moved the chain files. I know you are checking for it to sync but in the future you can do that

2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:39:56 AM

I actually had non-orphaned copperbars that I mined before the forking started, but when I attempted to resync it failed at block 3705 and corrupted my wallet with ~0.6 copperbars.  Now, I'm worried about trying to resync my other machines.  I don't want to lose my other ~2.4 copperbars.

How many ounces of copper were going to be in each copperbar?

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:40:21 AM

Those chains didn't re-merge, miners kept adding onto them and now you have two running neck and neck, with each right around 53K blocks as best as I can tell.

~BCX~

But everyone is hopping over to the correct chain. That's why the coins are disappearing. That should be done now

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:41:29 AM

I actually had non-orphaned copperbars that I mined before the forking started, but when I attempted to resync it failed at block 3705 and corrupted my wallet with ~0.6 copperbars.  Now, I'm worried about trying to resync my other machines.  I don't want to lose my other ~2.4 copperbars.

Copper is by the pound that's why we have super low rewards. Just rename it to wallet2.DAT before you do it

2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:44:33 AM

Copper is by the pound that's why we have super low rewards. Just rename it to wallet2.DAT before you do it

I'll try renaming the wallet and resyncing.  So, how many pounds of copper was 1 copperbar going to be worth?

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:46:17 AM

Anybody want to help me out? Deleted and synced the whole blockchain and now the balance reads 0  Huh

Cc3qn2QhVgYrf7Utk1L212KYfWvyXjnYws

I have been mining and buying Spots in the early stages and it now really looks like a good deal. I am now dejected ending up with with 0 Copper Bars after having got in early.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:47:42 AM

I'll try renaming the wallet and resyncing.  So, how many pounds of copper was 1 copperbar going to be worth?

Hoping it will be traded before we accept it, but if it's not on an exchange 7 days from now, I would probably do about 1 Bar per Pound, just to make good on my promise to accept it within a week. That's obviously a total hypothetical price, but the goal was to have it somewhere around there

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:49:30 AM

But everyone is hopping over to the correct chain. That's why the coins are disappearing. That should be done now

I'll hang with you, I lost 3.25 Copperbars or 509 blocks and generated right at 10500 orphans. While I'm mining this you're actually buying NAN some extra life  Grin

~BCX~

Lol, r3wt was sayin earlier in Cryptsy that you already killed it. "NAN dead from BitcoinExpress 51% attack" lol

01:49:19

getmininginfo

01:49:19

{
"blocks" : 55863,
"difficulty" : 0.00321462,
"hashespersec" : 84111,
}

That's the chain you're on, yes?

r3wt

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:50:03 AM

Analysis

Strengths
  • popular
  • potentially gpu resistant
  • dedicated dev
  • can be traded for real world commodity(Copper)
  • Scrypt Jane works great with Retarget.

Weaknesses
  • Block Times to short
  • No seednode, encourages forking
  • poor launch

Solution

Relaunch with Seednode, er go making conf file useless for the purpose of finding nodes. build with upnp(like j-coin) to decrease network latency and time spent finding peers. this should limit forking. increase block times to atleast 20 seconds, with 30 seconds being preferrable. if these steps are taken, coin should have no more issues of forking(and therefore decrease or atleast minimize chainbloat due to orphans)

Entz

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:50:19 AM

try
Code:
getblock 00000042565f9bfd1bc89702d28c8b94c5b97674c1547c7f54233e447ae445ab

That should be 55684 on the official chain.

Code:
{
    "hash" : "00000042565f9bfd1bc89702d28c8b94c5b97674c1547c7f54233e447ae445ab",
    "confirmations" : 29,
    "size" : 266,
    "height" : 55684,
    "version" : 3,
    "merkleroot" : "a43f8be1f7ba8998af2e7a7d068bb82bf0b5cbccbeecdc964cae10f3db682b76",
    "mint" : 0.00640000,
    "time" : 1376289651,
    "nonce" : 2296264,
    "bits" : "1e0139bb",
    "difficulty" : 0.00318740,
    "previousblockhash" : "000000925ac491075b034d79d4fd72c27df243126527c1ee423dae23f36ebc32",
    "nextblockhash" : "0000000015fd4660c96cfe75be964ff0f8f70d960971486551ec8d421f77b4a6",
    "flags" : "proof-of-work",
    "proofhash" : "00000042565f9bfd1bc89702d28c8b94c5b97674c1547c7f54233e447ae445ab",
    "entropybit" : 1,
    "modifier" : "9af3b58e01855bc5",
    "modifierchecksum" : "54b0ac78",
    "tx" : [
        "a43f8be1f7ba8998af2e7a7d068bb82bf0b5cbccbeecdc964cae10f3db682b76"
    ],
    "signature" : "30460221008e6c493e7e543aa26709752a6a61a6502e8ea36a04d9a6df44f1b18cd6ab6344022100ca6b91fd413ed9723df2c7202137a0c273c8a43da54f8eb6380ce957b687814f"
}

Can try and find differences at least.

Linux test has gotten past most of the orphans I think, hit 43000

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:51:20 AM

try
Code:

That should be 55684 on the official chain.

Code:
{
    "confirmations" : 29,
    "merkleroot" : "a43f8be1f7ba8998af2e7a7d068bb82bf0b5cbccbeecdc964cae10f3db682b76",
    "previousblockhash" : "000000925ac491075b034d79d4fd72c27df243126527c1ee423dae23f36ebc32",
    "nextblockhash" : "0000000015fd4660c96cfe75be964ff0f8f70d960971486551ec8d421f77b4a6",
    "proofhash" : "00000042565f9bfd1bc89702d28c8b94c5b97674c1547c7f54233e447ae445ab",
    ],
    "signature" : "30460221008e6c493e7e543aa26709752a6a61a6502e8ea36a04d9a6df44f1b18cd6ab6344022100ca6b91fd413ed9723df2c7202137a0c273c8a43da54f8eb6380ce957b687814f"
}

Can try and find differences at least.

Linux test has gotten past most of the orphans I think, hit 43000

01:51:04

01:51:04

{
"confirmations" : 215,
],
"signature" : "30460221008e6c493e7e543aa26709752a6a61a6502e8ea36a04d9a6df44f1b18cd6ab634402210 0ca6b91fd413ed9723df2c7202137a0c273c8a43da54f8eb6380ce957b687814f"
}

Yep

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:52:29 AM

Analysis

Strengths
  • popular
  • dedicated dev

Weaknesses
  • Block Times to short
  • poor launch

Solution

Relaunch with Seednode, er go making conf file useless for the purpose of finding nodes. build with upnp(like j-coin) to decrease network latency and time spent finding peers. this should limit forking. increase block times to atleast 20 seconds, with 30 seconds being preferrable. if these steps are taken, coin should have no more issues of forking(and therefore decrease or atleast minimize chainbloat due to orphans)

Unpnp is enabled that's why we don't need nodes

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:53:14 AM

Lol, r3wt was sayin earlier in Cryptsy that you already killed it. "NAN dead from BitcoinExpress 51% attack" lol

More like a loving ass whooping.

~BCX~

It's ok, he's in a I hate everyone mood today

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:54:02 AM

Analysis

Strengths
  • popular
  • dedicated dev

Weaknesses
  • Block Times to short
  • poor launch

Solution

Can't believe I actually agree with this guy, but I do.

~BCX~

We already have everything he's listing except for the slower block times. This will turn out just fine, it's 16 seconds, not 2

r3wt

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:54:48 AM

~BCX~

what is your problem with me exactly? you just pop out of nowhere and start killing my coin faster than it can be fixed

Entz

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:55:34 AM

new linux daemon all synced up, no issues as far as I can tell.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:55:35 AM

~BCX~

what is your problem with me exactly? you just pop out of nowhere and start killing my coin faster than it can be fixed

Maybe that you fuck people over, talk shit, try to apologize to them, then talk even more shit?

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:55:53 AM

new linux daemon all synced up, no issues as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the update. I really think we have passed all the bullshit already.

r3wt

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:57:37 AM

Analysis

Strengths
  • popular
  • dedicated dev

Weaknesses
  • Block Times to short
  • poor launch

Solution

well something obviously isn't working right. you've got an orphan problem. need to fix it. why are you so bullish? is it really gonna kill your coin to have 30 second block targets instead of 16 second orphan fest?

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:59:34 AM

Analysis

Strengths
  • popular
  • dedicated dev

Weaknesses
  • Block Times to short
  • poor launch

Solution

well something obviously isn't working right. you've got an orphan problem. need to fix it. why are you so bullish? is it really gonna kill your coin to have 30 second block targets instead of 16 second orphan fest?

Once the hashrate and GPU miners come we won't have orphans anymore. If that's your biggest complaint, then I am fine with how it's running

r3wt

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:02:50 AM

nonsense, GPU mining will only increase the forking and orphan fest. we're just trying to help you out man. but that's the last i'm gonna speak of it. good luck

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 07:05:37 AM

nonsense, GPU mining will only increase the forking and orphan fest. we're just trying to help you out man. but that's the last i'm gonna speak of it. good luck

No, it won't, because the difficulty will be higher and the blocks won't fly through at 1 second each. But good, just PM me from now on, you turn every conversation into awkward

r3wt

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:07:39 AM

No, it won't, because the difficulty will be higher and the blocks won't fly through at 1 second each. But good, just PM me from now on, you turn every conversation into awkward

the cpu miners will still be submitting blocks every ~1 second, while the gpus will be submiting every ~3 seconds, adding a clusterfuck to the orphan fest. difficulty will have little effect. if you won't listen to me atleast listen to BCX. he knows more about it than anyone else here probably does

Entz

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:16:25 AM

gpus will be submiting every ~3 seconds
Yeah I was hitting around 1000 orphans per hour.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 07:18:21 AM

An orphan is the same as not finding a block. You just see the number that's all. It really makes no difference

r3wt

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:20:23 AM

An orphan is the same as not finding a block. You just see the number that's all. It really makes no difference

every orphaned block is still stored in the chain. every orphan block adds <block size in bytes> to the blockchain <total size in bytes>

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 07:23:11 AM

every orphaned block is still stored in the chain. every orphan block adds <block size in bytes> to the blockchain <total size in bytes>

That's not what people whine about orphans for, though

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 07:24:14 AM

Whatever. There's still orphans in the coin's first day. It's fine

barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:26:29 AM

+ 800 orphans is not fine. It is a serious problem. either way, i'm now just watching, mining something else for now.
Anyone feels pity for my orphanage CGa6KqHwKV8ruxQS3fasA91pdYD5g8PFkV
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 07:29:33 AM

+ 800 orphans is not fine. It is a serious problem. either way, i'm now just watching, mining something else for now.

Please. I've had thousands of orphans on some of the other coins first days many times

2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 07:32:24 AM

After trying to resync, the coins I had are now gone.  I've quit mining this also.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
sumantso
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:35:36 AM

Wallet taking ages to sync. Any giveaway to start off please? CYahQRVfoSWD2A99tdaF32HJB6LHfMh8DJ

feeleep
Legendary

Activity: 1197

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 07:37:53 AM

Hi

I managed to fix my pool and I am able to mine with my version of GPU miner. You can try as well!

http://cpr.coinmine.pl
Stratum Port: 7060

feeleep

r3wt

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:41:06 AM

iGotSpots, you now have someone impersonating you on cryptsy chat. just fyi

sumantso
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:46:20 AM

He got Pot though - way useful than Spots Grin

r3wt

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:47:12 AM

no that one is me, just for shits and giggles. the guy who is impersonating spots is "iGotHerpies"

sumantso
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:49:04 AM

no that one is me, just for shits and giggles. the guy who is impersonating spots is "iGotHerpies"

Bet Barwizi is now changing his handle to iGotOrphans.

*sigh* still syncing. At this rate my hair will turn grey before I can get a chance to mine.

forsetifox

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:49:08 AM

Does the difficulty adjust on every block?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 07:51:41 AM

Does the difficulty adjust on every block?

Yes

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:51:50 AM

where is the cprminer ?
r3wt

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:54:09 AM

where is the cprminer ?

just like the coin its on life support

cccc combobreaker!

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 07:54:33 AM

Pool is up and working: http://cpr.coinmine.pl/

barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:57:26 AM

I had +10,000 orphans and lost 509 accepted blocks with a chain re-sync!

~BCX~

Oh well, he seems to be very defensive of this offensively buggy coin of his. He just tried to laugh off hours worth of mining. mxmm, makes me want to copy the Litecoin block chain into 3 or four nodes just to mix things up.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 07:57:47 AM

~BCX~

I've deleted my chain info, downloaded the whole thing again, and I still have all my original coins...Orphanage seems to have dropped a lot recently for me. Anyone else?

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 07:58:31 AM

~BCX~

Oh well, he seems to be very defensive of this offensively buggy coin of his. He just tried to laugh off hours worth of mining. mxmm, makes me want to copy the Litecoin block chain into 3 or four nodes just to mix things up.

How am I laughing it off? If you're going to troll, at least pay attention. I offered people who lost coins some Spots. Calm your tits, and go write another blog about me

2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 08:02:45 AM

~BCX~

How am I laughing it off? If you're going to troll, at least pay attention. I offered people who lost coins some Spots. Calm your tits, and go write another blog about me

I lost over 3 copperbars.  Can I please be reimbursed with some Spots?

Here's my spots address: MQr2ABqBsamjG3cfvqqtZwYbutdb1TUne3

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:03:15 AM

Pool is up and working: http://cpr.coinmine.pl/

where can get the gpu miner?
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:03:25 AM

~BCX~

Tongue
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 08:04:32 AM

~BCX~

Tongue

Quit trolling the coins just because I said I didn't want to be a part of your next "innovative new coin" that you got all mad about me not wanting to work with you. Go back to working with r3wt, and leave me and the Spots and CPR community alone

forsetifox

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:05:25 AM

Hard fork and change the block times.

I suspect Spots doesn't want to reset because he'd lose coins.
r3wt

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:06:10 AM

THIS THREAD IS...
EPIC

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 08:06:52 AM

Hard fork and change the block times.

I suspect Spots doesn't want to reset because he'd lose coins.

I have less than 2 full Copper Bars. I'm not making my money off of the mining. I make my money when you guys use them on iGotSpots.com, so obviously I want the best for you guys so you use my services more. I don't want the rest of the miners to lose their coins. If we restart, everyone is pissed and we have no miners.

Besides, the only issues was orphans, and a bad node. The network is more than fine. Calm down guys

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 08:07:34 AM

I'm going to let the trolls troll and not talk to them here so the thread doesn't get ruined

If anyone has any issues, please feel free to PM me and I will do everything I can to help, I will be here for a while yet tonight

forsetifox

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:09:04 AM

Hard fork and the miners CAN keep their coins.

Why won't you just fix this?
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:09:36 AM

~BCX~

Tongue

Quit trolling the coins just because I said I didn't want to be a part of your next "innovative new coin" that you got all mad about me not wanting to work with you. Go back to working with r3wt, and leave me and the Spots and CPR community alone

Hahaha, considering this fail, i'm actually happy the other devs voted you out.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 08:11:48 AM

~BCX~

Tongue

Hahaha, considering this fail, i'm actually happy the other devs voted you out.

Actually, I said no to working with you guys. Nice try, though

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: