Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:10:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Copper Bars | Scrypt-Jane CPU | Accepted for Gold and Silver soon [CPR]  (Read 17243 times)
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:09:04 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2013, 07:56:54 AM by iGotSpots

IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDNODES IN YOUR CONF FILE, DELETE THEM IMMEDIATELY! IT MAY CAUSE YOU TO OWN FORK DUE TO A BAD NODE(S)
You shouldn't need them in there anyway. The way it's set up you should connect automatically to the right nodes

We are ready to announce the fourth currency that will be accepted for trade on iGotSpots.com

That currency is...Copper Bars! We designed this coin to be mined in conjunction with Spots and took the complete opposite approach when it came to parameters. Spots is a Scrypt coin made to be mined with GPU's, while Copper Bars are Scrypt-Jane and meant to be mined with CPU's. This will allow you to mine both coins concurrently and double your precious metals profits! Spots is a slow block time coin that rewards 49 Spots per block. Copper Bars will be fast blocks with small rewards. This will attract miners that like slow, big numbers, as well as the people that prefer fast, frequent payouts. Copper Bars will be used to purchase...imagine that, copper bars and coins on iGotSpots.com - We were going to take an already established currnecy, but since Spots launed so well and so smoothly, we decided to make our own that will be mined at the same time as Spots. It's the first package deal coin, so let's do this!

Copper Bars (CPR) - NO PREMINE - NO INSTAMINE - NO BULLSHIT

Scrypt-Jane
16 Second Blocks
.0064 Block Reward x 80 Billion Blocks for 512 Million total Coins
NO SUPERBLOCKS AT ALL
1% Stake with 365 Days of Coin Age Required, 730 days for full weight
RPC Port = 7873
P2P Port = 7874

Mining Pools
http://cpr.coinmine.pl:7060

Still looking for a P2Pool

Clients

Windows: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B49exKIsGBn5dDdleDVjbnBXQlE/edit?usp=sharing

Source:  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B49exKIsGBn5N3R5RElvUXUzTmc/edit?usp=sharing

Github:  https://github.com/copperbars/copperbars

IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDNODES IN YOUR CONF FILE, DELETE THEM IMMEDIATELY! IT MAY CAUSE YOU TO OWN FORK DUE TO A BAD NODE(S)
You shouldn't need them in there anyway. The way it's set up you should connect automatically to the right nodes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:12:54 PM

CPR was released in the Spots thread and on Cryptsy last night for a few hours head start for the Spots community. I told you guys for almost a week that we were going to do it, so don't say it wasn't a fair start. Cryptsy chat also knew about it the second it was launched

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:13:09 PM

Reserved

cryptopi

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:18:24 PM

So is the only way to mine this directly from the wallet client with CPU?

www.hosterbox.com - really good web hosting (accepts bitcoins)
(disclaimer - I am not affiliated with hosterbox in any way)
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:19:29 PM

That's how I'm doing it. I'm sure you can find something else if you really look, but I don't have much experience with mining Scrypt-Janes, so I've been using the wallet to mine it, just to make sure it's running smoothly

cryptopi

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:20:59 PM

That's how I'm doing it. I'm sure you can find something else if you really look, but I don't have much experience with mining Scrypt-Janes, so I've been using the wallet to mine it, just to make sure it's running smoothly

Ok. As soon as you find an alternative method, can you please post it here?

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:22:59 PM

Yea, for sure. Although I kinda hope nobody makes a GPU miner, though, so you guys can mine these and Spots at the same time like we had designed them to be

cryptopi

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:26:26 PM

Yea, for sure. Although I kinda hope nobody makes a GPU miner, though, so you guys can mine these and Spots at the same time like we had designed them to be

Also, I have another question. I just downloaded the wallet onto one of my computers and it just finished syncing. When I opened the debug console and typed setgenerate true -1, nothing happened and my CPU usage is still at 5% or so. What happened? How do we mine this from the client?

Thanks

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:27:20 PM

Also, I have another question. I just downloaded the wallet onto one of my computers and it just finished syncing. When I opened the debug console and typed setgenerate true -1, nothing happened and my CPU usage is still at 5% or so. What happened? How do we mine this from the client?

Thanks

Just type

setgenerate true

Shadey

Activity: 193

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:32:58 PM

Thanks

I just typed setgenerate true 4 (or however many cores you have, 4 in my case lol)

DRK - Xq5o7AGBau1bL59fDuJpgcU6XQ6Fr6iHRm
BTC - 182pCAyuawff3ANB6FdifKBLcq5a7abFTh
LTC - LcpDzdX8v9s1JB2bHnb8bCoCKEckyxL9JU
The Golden Egg game Sponsor: https://thegoldenegg.co/users/Shadey?d27de3572
cryptopi

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:38:19 PM

Thanks

I just typed setgenerate true 4 (or however many cores you have, 4 in my case lol)

Yeah, I just realized why it did not work. It said it was done syncing and the I started to mine. However, it did not really sync because it discovered another 25k blocks and then started to sync those. Basically, every few minutes it discovers another few thousand blocks that have to sync. It is quite odd and at this rate, it should take roughly a few hours to sync. Is it supposed to take this long?

barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:39:29 PM

seems to be jumping between two chains in sync, one has 20k+ block and the other 5k+ blocks
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:43:23 PM

No idea why you guys aer getting that. I just reloaded and didn't have the problem. Maybe a bad node

Remove the addnodes from your conf, you shouldn't need them anyway, and let me know if it works

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:45:28 PM

XPM should have been the proof positive that any CPU only coin will fall victim to botnetters as soon as there is any profit to be made.

This one will be no different.

~BCX~

Yes, but I assume some people will be using GPUs very soon anyway

TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:47:53 PM

No idea why you guys aer getting that. I just reloaded and didn't have the problem. Maybe a bad node

Remove the addnodes from your conf, you shouldn't need them anyway, and let me know if it works
Done. Now it's a 30k blockchain. Shocked
Edit: 40k. Lol
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:48:20 PM

anyone using GPU on this?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:52:00 PM

15:51:51

{
"blocks" : 39147,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00147012,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : 4,
"hashespersec" : 123885,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

feeleep
Legendary

Activity: 1197

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:55:22 PM

Hi,

just managed to compile GPU miner:

https://mega.co.nz/#!HgAR3aJC!dE3EiGNzE_ZmCM7IeALAshzgFS5dgDd0UM11Q2v1O4Q

tar -xjvf 1.bz2
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe" ./configure --enable-scrypt
make

this is very dirty hack as I dont have programming skills - just my brain. It will produce executable file ybcminer but ignore the name - use it to mine CPRs

dont ask me to maintain it as I am not able to answer.

feeleep

BTW: working on pool for this coin but it seems to have the same problem as cosmoscoin and few others with submitblock function

Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:03:20 PM

@iGotSpots

In the spots thread you snapped back at a poster for saying the chain was under attack telling him not to comment if he didn't know what he is talking about. I can assure I do know what I am talking about.

With 16 second block time and 3 confirms, you have created the perfect storm for forking.

You have several long forks of legit miners all mining away.

There appears to be a large 40K chain, a 20K chain and growing 5K chain.

This coin won't be killed by an attacker, it's already been killed by design flaws.

Hate to tell you, this beast appears to be cooked.

Fix and restart.

~BCX~

A fork draws BCX like a flame does a moth Grin

Seriously, though if there are indeed 3 chains, restarting with suitable parameters would be the right thing. Though, to be honest I am not really sure why you would get another coin to compete with Spots. If it being supposedly CPU friendly is the reason, do you then plan to release a ASIC friendly aka SHA256 coin? What about a SHA3 coin?
96redformula

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:06:11 PM

I can't sync up the block chain Sad
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  All
  Print  

Jump to: