Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:07:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Copper Bars | Scrypt-Jane CPU | Accepted for Gold and Silver soon [CPR]  (Read 17243 times)
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:33:08 AM

Orphans were expected. That's not the issue. I'm going to keep it running for a little while longer and see what happens. I really think it will sort itself out. I'm not seeing any forks at all on the 5 nodes I've had running since minute 1
Sheer number of them seems to be messing with syncing. The linux node I launched has been sitting at around 10034 blocks with thousands upon thousands of orphans being processed ( im guessing these are the other forks getting trashed). Been there for several minutes now.

Once it does get synced (assuming you dont restart) it seems to be okay. It may correct itself in time, will have to see. Forks are bad though =/

The only forks were from bad nodes. We got rid of them this morning.

You guys...it really is going fine. I understand some of you lost coins and you're pissed. If I had any to give you to replace them I would. Just take a few days off if you're that mad, and check back to see that we have fixed everything

It is sorting itself out. Be patient. I'm not going to bail and leave you guys with wasted days. Look how I've been handling Spots. I've been fair and taken care of you guys. Just bear with me. Let the difficulty rise when we get more miners and things will be just fine.

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:33:34 AM

After you compile in linux what command line are you guys using to run ybcminer, I can't seem to get it to run.

I get "unrecognized option"

ybcminer --scrypt

and ybcminer --scrypt-jane
You have to enable scrypt when you run ./configure (see the build.txt files for a list)

Edit: That being said, I am not sure having more GPU miners on is a good idea ...

It would raise the difficulty enough to get rid of the orphans

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:35:43 AM

We are getting so many orphans because the hash rate is still too low. It was designed to support higher hash rates more efficiently. I was expecting more initial network power. Just chill. I promise it will work out

Entz

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:36:26 AM

You guys...it really is going fine. I understand some of you lost coins and you're pissed. If I had any to give you to replace them I would. Just take a few days off if you're that mad, and check back to see that we have fixed everything

It is sorting itself out. Be patient. I'm not going to bail and leave you guys with wasted days. Look how I've been handling Spots. I've been fair and taken care of you guys. Just bear with me. Let the difficulty rise when we get more miners and things will be just fine.
Actually I haven't lost anything yet ( I have always been on the correct chain, even with the bad nodes in the config). Just going by what others have mentioned (still seems to be forking). That is why I am bringing up a new client to check.

Just not a fan of needing 2-3 hours to sync a chain.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:37:47 AM

Actually I haven't lost anything yet ( I have always been on the correct chain, even with the bad nodes in the config). Just going by what others have mentioned (still seems to be forking). That is why I am bringing up a new client to check.

Just not a fan of needing 2-3 hours to sync a chain.

You could have just moved the chain files. I know you are checking for it to sync but in the future you can do that

2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:39:56 AM

Orphans were expected. That's not the issue. I'm going to keep it running for a little while longer and see what happens. I really think it will sort itself out. I'm not seeing any forks at all on the 5 nodes I've had running since minute 1
Sheer number of them seems to be messing with syncing. The linux node I launched has been sitting at around 10034 blocks with thousands upon thousands of orphans being processed ( im guessing these are the other forks getting trashed). Been there for several minutes now.

Once it does get synced (assuming you dont restart) it seems to be okay. It may correct itself in time, will have to see. Forks are bad though =/

I actually had non-orphaned copperbars that I mined before the forking started, but when I attempted to resync it failed at block 3705 and corrupted my wallet with ~0.6 copperbars.  Now, I'm worried about trying to resync my other machines.  I don't want to lose my other ~2.4 copperbars.

How many ounces of copper were going to be in each copperbar?

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:40:21 AM

Those chains didn't re-merge, miners kept adding onto them and now you have two running neck and neck, with each right around 53K blocks as best as I can tell.

~BCX~

But everyone is hopping over to the correct chain. That's why the coins are disappearing. That should be done now

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:41:29 AM

I actually had non-orphaned copperbars that I mined before the forking started, but when I attempted to resync it failed at block 3705 and corrupted my wallet with ~0.6 copperbars.  Now, I'm worried about trying to resync my other machines.  I don't want to lose my other ~2.4 copperbars.

Copper is by the pound that's why we have super low rewards. Just rename it to wallet2.DAT before you do it

2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:44:33 AM

Copper is by the pound that's why we have super low rewards. Just rename it to wallet2.DAT before you do it

I'll try renaming the wallet and resyncing.  So, how many pounds of copper was 1 copperbar going to be worth?

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:46:17 AM

Anybody want to help me out? Deleted and synced the whole blockchain and now the balance reads 0  Huh

Cc3qn2QhVgYrf7Utk1L212KYfWvyXjnYws

I have been mining and buying Spots in the early stages and it now really looks like a good deal. I am now dejected ending up with with 0 Copper Bars after having got in early.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:47:42 AM

I'll try renaming the wallet and resyncing.  So, how many pounds of copper was 1 copperbar going to be worth?

Hoping it will be traded before we accept it, but if it's not on an exchange 7 days from now, I would probably do about 1 Bar per Pound, just to make good on my promise to accept it within a week. That's obviously a total hypothetical price, but the goal was to have it somewhere around there

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:49:30 AM

But everyone is hopping over to the correct chain. That's why the coins are disappearing. That should be done now

I'll hang with you, I lost 3.25 Copperbars or 509 blocks and generated right at 10500 orphans. While I'm mining this you're actually buying NAN some extra life  Grin

~BCX~

Lol, r3wt was sayin earlier in Cryptsy that you already killed it. "NAN dead from BitcoinExpress 51% attack" lol

01:49:19

getmininginfo

01:49:19

{
"blocks" : 55863,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00321462,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : 4,
"hashespersec" : 84111,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

That's the chain you're on, yes?

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:50:03 AM

Analysis

Strengths
  • popular
  • potentially gpu resistant
  • dedicated dev
  • can be traded for real world commodity(Copper)
  • Scrypt Jane works great with Retarget.

Weaknesses
  • Block Times to short
  • No seednode, encourages forking
  • poor launch

Solution

Relaunch with Seednode, er go making conf file useless for the purpose of finding nodes. build with upnp(like j-coin) to decrease network latency and time spent finding peers. this should limit forking. increase block times to atleast 20 seconds, with 30 seconds being preferrable. if these steps are taken, coin should have no more issues of forking(and therefore decrease or atleast minimize chainbloat due to orphans)

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Entz

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:50:19 AM

try
Code:
getblock 00000042565f9bfd1bc89702d28c8b94c5b97674c1547c7f54233e447ae445ab

That should be 55684 on the official chain.

Code:
{
    "hash" : "00000042565f9bfd1bc89702d28c8b94c5b97674c1547c7f54233e447ae445ab",
    "confirmations" : 29,
    "size" : 266,
    "height" : 55684,
    "version" : 3,
    "merkleroot" : "a43f8be1f7ba8998af2e7a7d068bb82bf0b5cbccbeecdc964cae10f3db682b76",
    "mint" : 0.00640000,
    "time" : 1376289651,
    "nonce" : 2296264,
    "bits" : "1e0139bb",
    "difficulty" : 0.00318740,
    "previousblockhash" : "000000925ac491075b034d79d4fd72c27df243126527c1ee423dae23f36ebc32",
    "nextblockhash" : "0000000015fd4660c96cfe75be964ff0f8f70d960971486551ec8d421f77b4a6",
    "flags" : "proof-of-work",
    "proofhash" : "00000042565f9bfd1bc89702d28c8b94c5b97674c1547c7f54233e447ae445ab",
    "entropybit" : 1,
    "modifier" : "9af3b58e01855bc5",
    "modifierchecksum" : "54b0ac78",
    "tx" : [
        "a43f8be1f7ba8998af2e7a7d068bb82bf0b5cbccbeecdc964cae10f3db682b76"
    ],
    "signature" : "30460221008e6c493e7e543aa26709752a6a61a6502e8ea36a04d9a6df44f1b18cd6ab6344022100ca6b91fd413ed9723df2c7202137a0c273c8a43da54f8eb6380ce957b687814f"
}

Can try and find differences at least.

Linux test has gotten past most of the orphans I think, hit 43000

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:51:20 AM

try
Code:

That should be 55684 on the official chain.

Code:
{
    "confirmations" : 29,
    "merkleroot" : "a43f8be1f7ba8998af2e7a7d068bb82bf0b5cbccbeecdc964cae10f3db682b76",
    "previousblockhash" : "000000925ac491075b034d79d4fd72c27df243126527c1ee423dae23f36ebc32",
    "nextblockhash" : "0000000015fd4660c96cfe75be964ff0f8f70d960971486551ec8d421f77b4a6",
    "proofhash" : "00000042565f9bfd1bc89702d28c8b94c5b97674c1547c7f54233e447ae445ab",
    ],
    "signature" : "30460221008e6c493e7e543aa26709752a6a61a6502e8ea36a04d9a6df44f1b18cd6ab6344022100ca6b91fd413ed9723df2c7202137a0c273c8a43da54f8eb6380ce957b687814f"
}

Can try and find differences at least.

Linux test has gotten past most of the orphans I think, hit 43000

01:51:04

01:51:04

{
"confirmations" : 215,
],
"signature" : "30460221008e6c493e7e543aa26709752a6a61a6502e8ea36a04d9a6df44f1b18cd6ab634402210 0ca6b91fd413ed9723df2c7202137a0c273c8a43da54f8eb6380ce957b687814f"
}

Yep

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:52:29 AM

Analysis

Strengths
  • popular
  • dedicated dev

Weaknesses
  • Block Times to short
  • poor launch

Solution

Relaunch with Seednode, er go making conf file useless for the purpose of finding nodes. build with upnp(like j-coin) to decrease network latency and time spent finding peers. this should limit forking. increase block times to atleast 20 seconds, with 30 seconds being preferrable. if these steps are taken, coin should have no more issues of forking(and therefore decrease or atleast minimize chainbloat due to orphans)

Unpnp is enabled that's why we don't need nodes

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:53:14 AM

Lol, r3wt was sayin earlier in Cryptsy that you already killed it. "NAN dead from BitcoinExpress 51% attack" lol

More like a loving ass whooping.

~BCX~

It's ok, he's in a I hate everyone mood today

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:54:02 AM

Analysis

Strengths
  • popular
  • dedicated dev

Weaknesses
  • Block Times to short
  • poor launch

Solution

Can't believe I actually agree with this guy, but I do.

~BCX~

We already have everything he's listing except for the slower block times. This will turn out just fine, it's 16 seconds, not 2

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:54:48 AM

More like a loving ass whooping.

~BCX~

what is your problem with me exactly? you just pop out of nowhere and start killing my coin faster than it can be fixed

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Entz

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:55:34 AM

new linux daemon all synced up, no issues as far as I can tell.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: