Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:58:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Copper Bars | Scrypt-Jane CPU | Accepted for Gold and Silver soon [CPR]  (Read 17243 times)
cryptopi

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:09:24 PM

One of my computers said it just discovered 0.0064 of these things and a transaction appeared for that amount. However, I was not credited with those coins and my immature/unconfirmed/confirmed balance is still 0. What went wrong?

Thanks

www.hosterbox.com - really good web hosting (accepts bitcoins)
(disclaimer - I am not affiliated with hosterbox in any way)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
96redformula

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:10:13 PM

One of my computers said it just discovered 0.0064 of these things and a transaction appeared for that amount. However, I was not credited with those coins and my immature/unconfirmed/confirmed balance is still 0. What went wrong?

Thanks

Seems we are all the wrong block chain.

This was a pretty bad launch.....
cryptopi

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:11:51 PM

Thanks

I am using the 40k one. Furthermore, the address that appears with the transaction is not mine. Is that supposed to happen (noob question - I do not usually solomine things Cheesy)?

spoid

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:13:16 PM

with this block target time, the forking is unlikely to stop.

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:13:41 PM

Thanks

I am using the 40k one. Furthermore, the address that appears with the transaction is not mine. Is that supposed to happen (noob question - I do not usually solomine things Cheesy)?

Yes

Besides a transaction disappearing means an orphan. That may happen if you are on a correct chain too, just that somebody elses block got accepted before yours.
cryptopi

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:15:05 PM

Thanks

Yes

Besides a transaction disappearing means an orphan. That may happen if you are on a correct chain too, just that somebody elses block got accepted before yours.

Ok thanks Smiley

jlspartz

Activity: 205

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:15:26 PM

@iGotSpots

In the spots thread you snapped back at a poster for saying the chain was under attack telling him not to comment if he didn't know what he is talking about. I can assure I do know what I am talking about.

With 16 second block time and 3 confirms, you have created the perfect storm for forking.

You have several long forks of legit miners all mining away.

There appears to be a large 40K chain, a 20K chain and growing 5K chain.

This coin won't be killed by an attacker, it's already been killed by design flaws.

Hate to tell you, this beast appears to be cooked.

Fix and restart.

~BCX~

Yes, thanks BCX.  I support spots and have been mining copperbars since a few hours after its start (only 1 hour of successful mining) so I'm not just a slanderer. I said it was attacked because people know what it means but basically this is not intentional. It is constantly being forked when someone big jumps on (and you don't need to be all that big) due to the constant low difficulty. The loading of the block chain comes in spurts for people because its finding out about the forks from different peers.
krusin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:19:52 PM

Almost 40K chain here.
amosmc

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:21:03 PM

after running all night 44 transactions but only 5 paids i love spots and am running on them also and i love the idea and concept behind copper bars just way too many orphans for me
cryptopi

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:22:22 PM

after running all night 44 transactions but only 5 paids i love spots and am running on them also and i love the idea and concept behind copper bars just way too many orphans for me

just trying to get a feel here: how many hashespersec?

barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:26:13 PM

Hi,

just managed to compile GPU miner:

https://mega.co.nz/#!HgAR3aJC!dE3EiGNzE_ZmCM7IeALAshzgFS5dgDd0UM11Q2v1O4Q

tar -xjvf 1.bz2
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe" ./configure --enable-scrypt
make

this is very dirty hack as I dont have programming skills - just my brain. It will produce executable file ybcminer but ignore the name - use it to mine CPRs

dont ask me to maintain it as I am not able to answer.

feeleep

BTW: working on pool for this coin but it seems to have the same problem as cosmoscoin and few others with submitblock function

only 1/100 gpu blocks being accepted
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:28:01 PM

I've got 5 rigs that I just restarted and they're all on the 40k block chain...try deleting the two blk files in your appdata folder and let me know if you still find yourself on a different fork

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:32:34 PM

Yes I know we were pushing the envelope with the low block times. But personally I'm not getting any forking on any of the machines I have so far and I've got 5 separate rigs on it

TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:33:39 PM

Hm, well, that's weird. I have a balance of 2 blocks and 2 blocks immature, but only 2 transactions listed (and 20 orphans).

Edit: as for forking, it's constantly switching between them. There's a 3300 fork, a 40,000 fork, and a 20,000 fork that I've seen (under Debug > Estimated total blocks)

Also, yacminer and ybcminer seem to work (though they really really hate this desktop, running fine on a different rig).
forsetifox

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:35:18 PM

Block time is too short. 1-3 minutes is the butter zone IMO.

Awesomecoin had a block time of 2 seconds and it died in 1 day.

I wonder if this one will be dead in 8 days?

Cheesy
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 09:36:10 PM

Hm, well, that's weird. I have a balance of 2 blocks and 2 blocks immature, but only 2 transactions listed (and 20 orphans).

Edit: as for forking, it's constantly switching between them. There's a 3300 fork, a 40,000 fork, and a 20,000 fork that I've seen (under Debug > Estimated total blocks)

I think one of the nodes must be bad. I'm watching the same info on multiple rigs and I haven't jumped off the 40k chain at all on any of them

You guys still seeing that even if you remove all the nodes from conf file?

maanto

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:36:50 PM

Is it possible that the 2 blockchains (Spots and CopperBars) are getting mixed up on some people's computers?
It looks like the Spots blockchain is about the size that some people are seeing on CopperBars.

I suggest people delete the nodes from their config files if they haven't already. It seems to be working alright for me after I did that.
apbyte

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:38:27 PM

Seems to be all good for me, 40 k blokchain and got 1 out of 6 blocks
TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:38:35 PM

Block time is too short. 1-3 minutes is the butter zone IMO.

Awesomecoin had a block time of 2 seconds and it died in 1 day.

I wonder if this one will be dead in 8 days?

Cheesy
16 seconds is very short, but might be manageable. Right now it's finding a block every one second, or two if you're lucky and that's just udder chaos. Will have to see if the difficulty rising affects the orphancity and block time target.

I think one of the nodes must be bad. I'm watching the same info on multiple rigs and I haven't jumped off the 40k chain at all on any of them

You guys still seeing that even if you remove all the nodes from conf file?
Yes. I got it before and after removing nodes from conf (and even deleting peers.dat).
hotcoldcoin

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:39:38 PM

Yes I know we were pushing the envelope with the low block times. But personally I'm not getting any forking on any of the machines I have so far and I've got 5 separate rigs on it

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: