Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:58:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] UniversalCoin - The Free Digital Currency  (Read 20756 times)
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:41:25 PM

It's nice to see a project that isn't trying to sell something but trying to learn and help people. It also seems like you are keeping on track with your schedule. Nice job.

I'm curious as to how many people have claimed UNV so far?

I think it might have stalled for now. It is a nice effort indeed. Based on last stats, 2252 participants got the first airdrop tokens. It has been put on hold for two weeks since then, and will be on hold till they email again - do not know when that would be.

This is something how the original bitcoin revolution started, and spurred the whole crypro movement eventually. Hope this turns out to be something of value and fulfill the ideology of uniform wealth distribution.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 05:15:18 PM

It's nice to see a project that isn't trying to sell something but trying to learn and help people. It also seems like you are keeping on track with your schedule. Nice job.

I think it might have stalled for now. It is a nice effort indeed. Based on last stats, 2252 participants got the first airdrop tokens. It has been put on hold for two weeks since then, and will be on hold till they email again - do not know when that would be.

This is something how the original bitcoin revolution started, and spurred the whole crypro movement eventually. Hope this turns out to be something of value and fulfill the ideology of uniform wealth distribution.

Wow, I didn't realize this project already had that many participants. That's pretty impressive so far. I hope for the same.

Adam Travers (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:12:32 AM

Hi all, I'm happy to announce we are back on from Monday 12 Feb, and are aiming to be weekly from that point on.

We made some improvements to our claim/distribution mechanism which are solid but we want to keep testing to make sure it's all good, hence the delay. Thanks for your patience  Grin
johnroony

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:15:01 AM

Applancer.co the best platform for ICO listing ,crowdfunding  and token sale.
GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:57:18 PM

Hi all, I'm happy to announce we are back on from Monday 12 Feb, and are aiming to be weekly from that point on.

We made some improvements to our claim/distribution mechanism which are solid but we want to keep testing to make sure it's all good, hence the delay. Thanks for your patience  Grin

That's great news! I was really worried about this project. Thanks for the update!
joblessminer

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:28:19 PM

Nice. I know several of us were wondering. Thank you!
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:58:33 PM

I'm glad to see the first distribution is finally complete and that the next one is on track for the 12th  Grin
deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:31:29 PM

This concept of UNV being able to gain value is a very interesting idea and actually could work, especially with the airdrop incentive. I like the idea that you are very straightforward about this being an experiment but also provide reason and incentive for people to invest. Will there ever be a fee for transactions?
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:12:06 PM

I'm still interested in getting a link to the Github repo because I think this is a really interesting project. I like looking into the technical details of such projects and how you plan to accomplish the goal of this project.
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:20:13 PM

Cool, thanks for the reply. That's a lot of people already participating. Also, I suppose you are right about the history of bitcoin. It turns out they were doing something similar in the beginning. I am with you and hope this does help many people. I am definitely following it because it is interesting.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
mario9x

Activity: 125

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:48:58 AM

Just Subscribed and following twitter  Grin
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:27:01 PM

I'm sure the team is really busy lately with the recent news. Hopefully someone will be back around to answer questions soon.
Sword555

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:14:18 PM

So has the 2nd distribution taken place already?
deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:45:30 PM

This concept of UNV being able to gain value is a very interesting idea and actually could work, especially with the airdrop incentive. I like the idea that you are very straightforward about this being an experiment but also provide reason and incentive for people to invest. Will there ever be a fee for transactions?

I can't imagine there would be fees since that tends to not align with the general idea of the coin, but it's definitely something I'd like to clarify. Does anyone have any documentation regarding that? I didn't see anything in the whitepaper about it but I honestly could have overlooked it.
okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:23:10 PM

Cool project. I noticed your first distribution is complete. Congratulations.

Do you have an updated roadmap for this project available? If so can you link it?

I've been following this project and I'm still wondering if there has been an announcement for a new roadmap. Also, how many distributions are left for UniversalCoin? What happens if tokens are unclaimed?
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:07:37 PM

I am not from Universal team, but there is a fundraiser to cover for distribution of token. In general there are 40 distributions in total, and 1 has happened, and 39 remaining. Here is the email I got:

Hi All,

We've thought long and hard about how to afford transaction fees for sending out UNV at scale as UniversalCoin grows. There were only 2 viable solutions: either charge a transaction fee to everyone who participates, or raise ETH via fundraisers.

We received a lot of feedback from the community about this issue, and decided on fundraisers at they let us keep the original concept intact. Anyone who wants to claim in the free weekly distribution can still do so, completely free. Contributors of ETH will power the free weekly distribution and be rewarded with UNV tokens from our reserve.

The official URL for Fundraiser One is https://fundraiser.universalcoin.io

If you have questions or feedback, don't hesitate to get in touch.

With sincere thanks,
The UniversalCoin Team
Adam Travers (OP)

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:49:20 PM

Do you have an updated roadmap for this project available? If so can you link it?

I've been following this project and I'm still wondering if there has been an announcement for a new roadmap. Also, how many distributions are left for UniversalCoin? What happens if tokens are unclaimed?

Hi and thanks for the questions. There are 39 distributions left. There won't be any unclaimed tokens, unless we have a week where nobody participates. We have an updated Roadmap on our Whitepaper @ https://universalcoin.io/uploads/Universal%20-%20Free%20and%20Fair%20Currency.pdf
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 05:19:19 PM

So basically, there is nothing to lose with this one. You just go claim a share of UniversalCoin for free every Monday and you're in? That's pretty lit. Doing that now.  Grin

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
GoBelle

Activity: 512

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:49:01 PM

So basically, there is nothing to lose with this one. You just go claim a share of UniversalCoin for free every Monday and you're in? That's pretty lit. Doing that now.  Grin

My sentiments exactly. I am following this project because I think it has true potential and there is obviously no risk for the users and only insight and potential money to make from it.
Sword555

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:48:42 PM

Hi and thanks for the questions. There are 39 distributions left. There won't be any unclaimed tokens, unless we have a week where nobody participates. We have an updated Roadmap on our Whitepaper @ https://universalcoin.io/uploads/Universal%20-%20Free%20and%20Fair%20Currency.pdf

That helps answer my question. Thanks. It looks like the second distribution has not taken place yet from my understanding.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: