Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:49:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CENSORSHIP] Matthew N. Wright  (Read 16355 times)
Kouye (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:16:54 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 11:45:25 PM by Kouye

P.s. because theymos doesn't appreciate freedom of speech, I'm technically banned and can't respond to any threads (including this one) until dear leader decides I am now "safe" to let back in (safe meaning I won't bring up the hypocrisy of letting Garr225 scam because they are friends and give me a tag, all while saying he doesn't give tags anymore as an excuse for not giving one to avalon, BFL, Garr255, etc. Hahahaha. Wow.)

Is that true? Is he really banned from this forum?

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 06:31:38 PM

This 'community' never seizes to amaze me.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:54:24 PM

P.s. because theymos doesn't appreciate freedom of speech, I'm technically banned and can't respond to any threads (including this one) until dear leader decides I am now "safe" to let back in (safe meaning I won't bring up the hypocrisy of letting Garr225 scam because they are friends and give me a tag, all while saying he doesn't give tags anymore as an excuse for not giving one to avalon, BFL, Garr255, etc. Hahahaha. Wow.)

He was banned for a little while, but if he's able to post here now I guess not?
Kouye (OP)

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:56:39 PM

He was banned for a little while, but if he's able to post here now I guess not?

He claims being able to post new threads (in off-topic sub, at least), but being locked out replying to any thread, anywhere.

John, Theymos ? Could you please confirm this?

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:55:27 PM

Yes, he is banned. Recently I partially removed his ban so he could PM people, but clearly this was a mistake.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:56:37 PM

Why was he banned?
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:01:30 PM

He was trolling continuously. He hasn't changed: He edited that poll after people had already voted to create misleading results.

tinus42

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:09:52 PM

He was trolling continuously. He hasn't changed: He edited that poll after people had already voted to create misleading results.

So now he's permabanned for life?
Viceroy

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:12:03 PM

He edited that poll after people had already voted to create misleading results.

I can't speak to the rest but personally I find the poll system infuriating.  I cannot, personally, seem to edit a poll and make any sense of the answer if people have already voted in the poll.  If I delete a field then the results of the next field appear where that question used to be.  You are saying he deliberately deleted a poll result and the next higher result showed up?  Or did he change the context of a poll by changing the words?

Viceroy

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:15:37 PM

For what it's worth I understand that you are the one who needs to deal with all the community yelling and you have decided Matthew is a troll.  

Ok.

But he makes good points now and again and you are censoring him.  Not allowing him to speak freely.  
He is not the enemy, the scammers and thieves are the enemy.

For what it's worth.

And let me restate that I recognize you have made your decision after, likely, dealing with hundreds of complaints.  And that cannot be any fun.

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:16:34 PM

I'm interested in this snippet...

"letting Garr225 scam because they are friends..."

Did I miss this somewhere on the forum?  Does this have truth to it?
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:19:36 PM

The ban will not expire automatically. I may review it later.

But he makes good points now and again and you are censoring him.  Not allowing him to speak freely. 

He can post elsewhere. People aren't banned on /r/Bitcoin just for trolling, for example.

mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:30:15 PM

I'm interested in this snippet...

"letting Garr225 scam because they are friends..."

Did I miss this somewhere on the forum?  Does this have truth to it?
Sorta. Inaba caught Garr225 bidding up his own auctions. Garr apologized, but some people saw it as Theymos letting him off easy since Garr holds some of the forums' donated bitcoins.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:25:37 AM

This is just plain wrong, and censorship. I think if this continues this should be called the "unofficial bitcoin forum".
Is this the official bitcoin forum? I mean, I'm pretty sure bitcoin is about as decentralized as it gets. This forum in no way governs Bitcoin. It's more like a fanboy site that got popular. As for it's "censorship", anyone is welcome to go someplace else. It's just run by a few guys with some spare time on their hands. Hell, go make your own site if you want and call it the official bitcoin forum. This forum is no different than Facebook, 4chan, Reddit, or any other website and forum.

And now ladies and gentlemen, this thread is derailed.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:32:44 AM

This is just plain wrong, and censorship. I think if this continues this should be called the "unofficial bitcoin forum".
Is this the official bitcoin forum? I mean, I'm pretty sure bitcoin is about as decentralized as it gets. This forum in no way governs Bitcoin. It's more like a fanboy site that got popular. As for it's "censorship", anyone is welcome to go someplace else. It's just run by a few guys with some spare time on their hands. Hell, go make your own site if you want and call it the official bitcoin forum. This forum is no different than Facebook, 4chan, Reddit, or any other website and forum.

People consider this the official bitcoin forum since Satoshi was using it, is that not a valid conclusion?
Ehh.. not really. He stopped using this forum a long time ago. And Satoshi isn't Bitcoin. If Bill Gates used Facebook, does that make Facebook Microsoft's (Windows) official social media website? The dude didn't even operate this website as far as I am aware of. He's probably posted on many other websites as well. That doesn't make this site, or any others more or less special than another. Let alone official.

mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:45:35 AM

People consider this the official bitcoin forum since Satoshi was using it, is that not a valid conclusion?
Ehh.. not really. He stopped using this forum a long time ago. And Satoshi isn't Bitcoin. If Bill Gates used Facebook, does that make Facebook Microsoft's (Windows) official social media website? The dude didn't even operate this website as far as I am aware of. He's probably posted on many other websites as well. That doesn't make this site, or any others more or less special than another. Let alone official.
But then you're agreeing with me cause where on this site does it say unofficial?
Well, then by that logic, where on this website does it say it's not run by aliens and Al Gore? Hell, theymos could be Elvis! And I'm eating jello.

Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:52:59 AM

Banned for trolling? But it's different when you're VIP-donator?

(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262437.0)

Against

- Troll newbies at Newbies-section to lose their bitcoins (bitstamp bitcoins) and call it a social experiment
- Without a permission, penetrate test a web page that you've sold to the victim.
- Still be at the default trust list that many of the even senior members know nothing about

...and something that has not happened straight here in the forums:
- Ask access or passwords to others' #bitcoin-otc/WoT accounts by PM'ing them. I hope nobody fell for this

mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:06:20 AM

Well, then by that logic, where on this website does it say it's not run by aliens and Al Gore? Hell, theymos could be Elvis! And I'm eating jello.

That is just going to the extreme.
My point exactly. By following that logic, it leaves you in a very grey area. Not matter how extreme the speculation is. Just because something doesn't claim it is not, doesn't mean that it is.

But to wrap this up: What I am saying is that no matter what happens on this forum, or any other website, it doesn't change Bitcoin. It's still running by itself, and will continue too long after the both of us are gone. This forum doesn't make or break Bitcoin anymore than any other website does.

ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:17:24 AM

I always enjoyed Matthews posts & antics. Maybe I'm a minority.
kuzetsa

Activity: 369

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:13:22 AM

I always enjoyed Matthews posts & antics. Maybe I'm a minority.

I feel the same.

Some of the posts were actually quite helpful and informative.

I can think of many who are much worse trolls and/or abusers, yet aren't banned.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: