Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:14:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KFC Canada Is Accepting Bitcoin for Fried Chicken  (Read 765 times)
Mylenesiat

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:09:33 AM

Its good initiative by KFC, Now even there small bucket of fried chicken will give more returns from last fiscal year

Fried chicken chain KFC Canada is accepting bitcoin – for a limited time and for a cryptocurrency-themed bucket of chicken, that is.

The limited-time marketing move sees the Canada-based chain advertising "The Bitcoin Bucket" complete with a Facebook-based live-tracker of the standing price for the product, which works out to roughly 20 Canadian dollars depending on the exchange rate with bitcoin.

That said, you can't exactly walk into a KFC location in Canada and pay with crypto at the cash register.

Instead, the company is accepting Bitcoin via BitPay as one of the options through an online check-out page. The Bitcoin Bucket will be delivered directly to the customer's address (the product also carries a $5 fee), according to the check-out process on its website.

https://www.coindesk.com/kfc-canada-is-accepting-bitcoin-for-fried-chicken/
its good to know that some fast food is starting to accept bitcoin i cant wait to try to pay using bitcoin in my country.
jeanpadel14

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:16:07 AM

It's nice it is another sign that bitcoin is very useful.If kfc canada accept bitcoin as payment of method i think it is the time that all branches of kfc not only in canada but in whole world also accept bitcoin and not only in fried chincken but all their recipe.And it is also the time that the value of bitcoin rise.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀            i v y            ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM     ●    FACEBOOK    ●     TWITTER     ●    YOUTUBE    ●     LINKEDIN
Shikaina

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:19:15 AM

It’s a good news. I heard that Mc Donald’s too accepts bitcoin on online orders. That would be gread if there will be more and more restaurants who will accept bitcoin because not everyone really has the cash to pay and most of the time they are paying using their visa credit cards.
jerick06

Activity: 180
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:24:05 AM

It is a huge impact to bitcoin community and it is a good news for us. A sign of a bright future and I know that popularity of it will get the attention worldwide. Get some rest and bitcoin will go boom again.

SCAVO.FARM (https://scavo.farm) SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE
AriannaSantosUU

Activity: 256

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:10:34 PM

Is this true? Well its a good news. I'm happy to see that restaurant/fast food chain like kfc accepts btc. I'm really excited to look forward that all stores accepts bitcoin and other cryptos as payment. How about grocery stores?
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:13:53 PM

Nice marketing strategy from KFC, it is good to see such promotion for Bitcoin. If I live in Canada, I will surely support this. I hope other corporation will come out with such promotion.
Ocherill

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:27:54 PM

Atlast found a good application of bitcoins in real world. I support it and i am going to buy a bucket definitely.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:01:17 PM

It’s a good news. I heard that Mc Donald’s too accepts bitcoin on online orders. That would be gread if there will be more and more restaurants who will accept bitcoin because not everyone really has the cash to pay and most of the time they are paying using their visa credit cards.
Cryptocurrency great development and it's community acceptance are really enticing to business owners to accept bitcoins as another system of currency. These thing is a good indication that cryptocurrency are now widely used and currently having potentiality of being considered as a new currency system in a years coming as it is started already.
JCLee

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:08:39 PM

This is a definite signal that I think will be good for Bitcoin as well as for cryptocurrencies. Large companies now see the potential of Bitcoin as well as the convenience of paying with this currency. According to my knowledge, Bitcoin is currently accepted for payment on Amazon, Steam Games. In the future, it is hoped Bitcoin will receive payment in all transactions and become a popular currency in the world.

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:16:25 PM

How about grocery stores?
Grocery stores are too local in most cases, unless it's a multinational operating in various parts of the world. In this case you're better off trying to ask the manager of a grocery store to accept Bitcoin yourself.

KFC was obviously looking for a new flow of world wide attention by accepting Bitcoin, which isn't something I can see become reality with grocery stores. I don't even think they have ever thought about Bitcoin.

If I look at my own local grocery store, they accept cash, bank card payment, and credit/debit cards. In all the years they haven't even bothered to add another payment option, which says enough to me.

The only payment development has been them allowing people to pay wirelessly, where nowadays most people pay instantly with their NFC enabled bank card or smartphone. They don't even need Bitcoin.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:12:47 AM

Wow, this is great because i really love fried chicken in KFC and i want to get a lot of KFC fried chicken and pay them all by bitcoin because i want to be one of the pioneer of using bitcoin as a mode of payment because this is no joke for cryptocurrency because they are really the future of the payment system that we have in fiat.
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:18:25 AM

Nice, now i can buy KFC with my coins.  Grin
Are they accepting other cryptocurrencies too ?

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
vinc3

Activity: 309
Merit: 251

Make Love Not War

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:48:33 AM

Bitcoin will eventually be accepted by most of the establishments sooner than we think, with all that is happening in bitcoin we know that businessmen or business minded people will surely ride the tide of bitcoin in the future. Kfc's move is just the start of the beginning for bitcoin regarding acceptance, we enthusiasts should further look at better way to let lay people know what our bitcoin can do for them.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Cyanics

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:40:57 PM

Wow greta initiative. I hope McDonalds too undertake the policy now to spread more awareness among people.
hinpoc.hin

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:20:54 PM

That is great. KFC is a big company, if it accept bitcoin as a payment,
then the others big companies may willing to accept bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies as a payment too.
Simplyield

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:32:30 PM

What? Even a multinational company also fell into this death trap? They cant even think how much loss they are going to bear.
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:35:41 PM

This is very interesting Smiley I want one of this buckets. Too bad I won't be in Canada in the near future.
thirdprize

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 08:02:47 PM

Food costs the equivalent of 0.0006449 BTC.  What would the fees be?

Also why would you spend your BTC on chicken when it would buy you twice as much in 6 months time?

Shoesouse

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:05:02 PM

Kfc showed it clearly that bitcoins can not only be used as assets but can also be used as fiat currency as and when required. Put up a clap shower for the ini
l0uisStanley

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:11:02 PM

I would like to see this happening also here in Europe. I can not wait to see more and more companies implementing bitcoin as a payment method
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: