Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:45:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KFC Canada Is Accepting Bitcoin for Fried Chicken  (Read 764 times)
franantp

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:15:12 PM

well i think this is good news about bitcoin, where in real life bitcoin is now not only limited to exchange transactions, apprenticeship and digital currency investments only, but has been accepted as a legal means of payment to buy some goods and food in various shopping areas, not only in the market crypto, although apparently limited, KFC accepts payment with bitcoin for the fried chicken category and t's nice it is another sign that bitcoin is very useful

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Serious475

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:18:48 PM

Its good initiative by KFC, Now even there small bucket of fried chicken will give more returns from last fiscal year

Fried chicken chain KFC Canada is accepting bitcoin – for a limited time and for a cryptocurrency-themed bucket of chicken, that is.

The limited-time marketing move sees the Canada-based chain advertising "The Bitcoin Bucket" complete with a Facebook-based live-tracker of the standing price for the product, which works out to roughly 20 Canadian dollars depending on the exchange rate with bitcoin.

That said, you can't exactly walk into a KFC location in Canada and pay with crypto at the cash register.

Instead, the company is accepting Bitcoin via BitPay as one of the options through an online check-out page. The Bitcoin Bucket will be delivered directly to the customer's address (the product also carries a $5 fee), according to the check-out process on its website.

https://www.coindesk.com/kfc-canada-is-accepting-bitcoin-for-fried-chicken/

It is really a good move by KFC for promoting BItcoin. Many people eat at KFC and they do trust KFC. Therefore, the promotion of Bitcoin by KFC is a really good move in order to show people who has not adequate knowledge in Bitcoin might change its perspective about Bitcoin. This is also a good news on making Bitcoin as a payment system instead of making it as  a kind of investment.
xamxam

Activity: 409
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:23:29 PM

I hope that this will also available to our country not just in one store only but for those who are popular stores too. Using bitcoin to pay transaction is very nice because we don't need to bring cash when we go outside, just our cellphone or any gadget that we can open our wallet is enough to use bitcoin as payment.
wallstone

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:26:05 PM

I hope more and more companies accept BTC as a means of payment. It will help solidify BTC and also increase if awareness. KFC's move is another welcome development.
Accepting bitcoin in KFC is a good news to all people who have bitcoin. People who have bitcoin can easily pay their bills by using bitcoin and I think it is more quite convenient. In addition to that, I also hope that many companies and mall will accept bitcoin because it can help them to make and gain more income.
Qeupe

Activity: 135

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:32:28 PM

Well this is good news if KFC in Canada started receiving bitcoin as payment. I think this will have a good impact if it is emulated by KFC in other countries. Moreover, many other merchants other than KFC are starting to try bitcoin as its payment system. Hopefully many other companies and other countries will receive bitcoin, so the price and bitcoin value will be more stable and increasing.
BETAWI

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:41:48 PM

Its good initiative by KFC, Now even there small bucket of fried chicken will give more returns from last fiscal year

Fried chicken chain KFC Canada is accepting bitcoin – for a limited time and for a cryptocurrency-themed bucket of chicken, that is.

The limited-time marketing move sees the Canada-based chain advertising "The Bitcoin Bucket" complete with a Facebook-based live-tracker of the standing price for the product, which works out to roughly 20 Canadian dollars depending on the exchange rate with bitcoin.

That said, you can't exactly walk into a KFC location in Canada and pay with crypto at the cash register.

Instead, the company is accepting Bitcoin via BitPay as one of the options through an online check-out page. The Bitcoin Bucket will be delivered directly to the customer's address (the product also carries a $5 fee), according to the check-out process on its website.

https://www.coindesk.com/kfc-canada-is-accepting-bitcoin-for-fried-chicken/
I think this is interesting, KFC can be more advanced again. do not rule out other companies will follow this strategy. so BTC becomes more rapidly.
Rakesh_alejandro

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:45:34 PM

If you have the opportunity to travel to Canada. I will visit KFC to experience the payment by bitcoin.

I think While users will pay bitcoin to bitpay and bitpay will transfer the dollar value to KFC. So practically KFC does not risk any business here. Because receiving bitcoin in the fast-food chain retail business is a big challenge because of price fluctuations, which KFC does not take. So that's just normal news and will not help bitcoin in any way. Only very small adoption news without any impact.
This is very normal news and I'm not too happy to see KFC Canada receiving bitcoin. Also they do not accept bitcoin in practice. They only use a bitpay gateway payment service that is very similar to a Visa or MasterCard payment gateway.
genuin

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:50:03 PM

Until now I still love bitcoin. in its development bitcoin is very positive in thank people especially about its innovation system blockchainnya. it is no wonder many parties want to use and invest in bitcoin as a digital currency. KFC in this case is one of the few who use the innovation. with the news I expect that there will be a lot of parties coming in and interested in the concept of bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: