Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:57:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FBI is after bitcoin? Good!  (Read 5011 times)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:57:03 PM

There are probably only three ways to obtain money.  Earn, inherit or steal

You did forget charging interest & printing new money.

What do you mean? 'Steal' is right there in black & white.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:59:37 PM

These people want to be able to live on Bitcoins and you simply cannot do that if it's not regulated.  

Unsupported assertion. Care to show your derivation?

So all those people who are planning not to cash out into USD who already have thousands or tens of thousands of Bitcoins, you don't think they wont want to be able to pay their utility bills and rent?

I would just like to point out that no regulation is needed for private businesses to decide to accept bitcoin as direct payment for goods and services. It already happens on a small scale today, despite the lack of regulation, and dispite the fact that total bitcoin market cap is lost in the noise compared to the daily change in the federal deficit.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
emunebtk

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Whats to stop the US from making their own Digital Coin and mining factory for it to force people to use that one instead? I am sure if the US came out with a coin that you could mine and easily trade for USD everyone would jump on it pretty quick imo.

On another thought if they decide to regulate Bitcoin and/or force it out of the States what would that mean to Litecoin and the other 75 coins out there? In theory they would have to put a law or regulation on all digital currencies right? This is so much bigger than bitcoin now
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 01:32:52 AM

There are probably only three ways to obtain money.  Earn, inherit or steal

Kind of my point.
Depending on who you ask it falls into different categories, so it's better to have it's own.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3045

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:55:50 AM

Charging interest is firmly in the "earn" category, as you're providing a service (lending money) that your clients voluntarily pay for.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 02:09:20 AM

Charging interest is firmly in the "earn" category, as you're providing a service (lending money) that your clients voluntarily pay for.

As do meth dealers.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 11:12:50 AM

Making money from scratch -- building presses, graving plates, mixing inks -- stealing.
Taking money away from dumber traders on Gox -- making money.
 Huh

faiza1990

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:16:09 PM

Making money from scratch -- building presses, graving plates, mixing inks -- stealing.
Taking money away from dumber traders on Gox -- making money.
 Huh

all is going hell so just put it off all and do chat and watch MLB its better

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:53:20 PM

These people want to be able to live on Bitcoins and you simply cannot do that if it's not regulated.  

Unsupported assertion. Care to show your derivation?

So all those people who are planning not to cash out into USD who already have thousands or tens of thousands of Bitcoins, you don't think they wont want to be able to pay their utility bills and rent?

Bitcoin can become something we can all live off someday or it can get completely ruined by the crowd who under any circumstances are against regulation. At some point you have to weigh whether or not under-regulation will stifle the currency just as you have to weigh whether or not over-regulation will.

I'm saying under-regulation is equally as bad as over-regulation and that the goal should be to find the proper balance.

You did not show how they "simply cannot do that if it's not regulated." Plenty of people live as well as they like off of their bitcoins already (the yahoos trying to make it into news items and documentaries are trying to do it without using intermediaries like Gyft cards. If you allow for that kind of thing though, then it's clear: bitcoin requires NO regulation.)

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: