Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:04:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast Store is Live!  (Read 4947 times)
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:00:03 PM

Amy Woodward should know the answer to this.  she's the one working on the boxes.  maybe pm her?

Thanks cypherdoc! Can you please tell me what Amy uses for a BTC Forum name while here?

guess?

Amy Woodward.

Hah! Too easy! Doesn't she know we're all supposed to be cool & cryptic online?  Grin
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:08:48 PM

Amy Woodward should know the answer to this.  she's the one working on the boxes.  maybe pm her?

Thanks cypherdoc! Can you please tell me what Amy uses for a BTC Forum name while here?

guess?

Amy Woodward.

Hah! Too easy! Doesn't she know we're all supposed to be cool & cryptic online?  Grin

hey, she's a woman, what do you expect?  Wink
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:22:50 PM

Yeah, they usually don't get into the nerd games us guys play. They also tend not to get too involved in flame wars.

Maybe women should run the world.  Grin
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:24:47 PM

Yeah, they usually don't get into the nerd games us guys play. They also tend not to get too involved in flame wars.

Maybe women should run the world.  Grin

my woman already runs my world. Grin
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:28:13 PM

Why is there another thread for this?  Wasn't the announcement thread last week sufficient as it included the links and info? 

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:41:52 PM

No...... we got a look at the new Josh 2.0

Hes young, hes fit and ready to take your money

He was up 24 hours straight the other night taking pplz money ...lolz

OBJECT NOT FOUND
eve

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:50:31 AM

No...... we got a look at the new Josh 2.0

Hes young, hes fit and ready to take your money

He was up 24 hours straight the other night taking pplz money ...lolz

Stay Away No Pre Orders Please. Will turn out to be liked Butterfly and Avalon.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:19:30 AM

The HashFast store is live and we have roughly 300 Baby Jets left.

We have attempted to reach everyone that initiated a purchase previously. If you would like to complete a purchase or speak with a  customer service representative, please call us at (800) 609-3445, or email us at sales@hashfast.com.

John
HashFast.com
whaaa  Huh Huh How can you still have 300 of something you haven't built yet?  Not 301 or 299 but exactly 300.

minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:22:27 AM

In what dialect of English does "roughly" translate to "exactly"?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
HashFast (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 06:14:48 AM

This is an excellent question.
Because we are accepting wire transfers, which can take 24 horus or more to clear, it's impossible to know the exact count at a given point in time.

John

eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:19:02 AM

They were so many new threads on hashfast seems like they are desperate to take your money. beware and stay away. No Pre orders and they don't accept credit cards or Paypal so stay clear.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:46:23 AM

Shipments are anticipated to begin October 20-30, in order of purchase.

So, another pre-order eh. No thanx.

+1 ... i wont do pre-orders no more
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:03:48 AM

Nothing against John or his company, but pre-ordering mining equipment that has an "anticipated" delivery date more than eight weeks away immediately following a 35% difficulty increase sounds bonkers. What's the refund policy btw? Payment options? A few weeks late in this environment could easily be the difference between profit and loss. Has any vendor yet delivered product on schedule?

+1  In business it should be the companies taking the risk, not the customers.  The lead time is too long here to make an informed decision as to ROI.  After all, if the ROI was so awesome they would keep them & mine them themselves.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:03:53 AM

This is an excellent question.
Because we are accepting wire transfers, which can take 24 horus or more to clear, it's impossible to know the exact count at a given point in time.

John

I just love pre-orders ....gimme gimme gimme....hmmm fresh pr-order in the morning

Thats the smell of VICTORY !!!

P.S "SUck iT" John boy and welcome to crypto

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:24:08 PM

I've got a suspicious feeling about this operation.

Caveat emptor.
User705
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:14:34 PM

Nothing against John or his company, but pre-ordering mining equipment that has an "anticipated" delivery date more than eight weeks away immediately following a 35% difficulty increase sounds bonkers. What's the refund policy btw? Payment options? A few weeks late in this environment could easily be the difference between profit and loss. Has any vendor yet delivered product on schedule?

+1  In business it should be the companies taking the risk, not the customers.  The lead time is too long here to make an informed decision as to ROI.  After all, if the ROI was so awesome they would keep them & mine them themselves.
+1 I've mentioned this before that all pre-order asic will end up as either a never deliver scam or delay shipping while I sell units out the back door to friends and their cousins scam.  Now they may ship a few 1st units to collect more money but nothing will get shipped to you same day as you order that makes 100% per month or for that matter even 50% per month ROI.  Too many hands touching it on its way to you and being tempted by it.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:20:00 PM

+1 I've mentioned this before that all pre-order asic will end up as either a never deliver scam or delay shipping while I sell units out the back door to friends and their cousins scam.  Now they may ship a few 1st units to collect more money but nothing will get shipped to you same day as you order that makes 100% per month or for that matter even 50% per month ROI.  Too many hands touching it on its way to you and being tempted by it.

well, in the US they have laws against this. 

HF wants to become a big player in the asic chip business.  there is no way they are going to purposely sully their reputation just to mine a few extra coins i can tell you that.  they may be late sure, but they aren't going to cheat you by pre-mining.
User705
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:57:16 PM

well, in the US they have laws against this. 

HF wants to become a big player in the asic chip business.  there is no way they are going to purposely sully their reputation just to mine a few extra coins i can tell you that.  they may be late sure, but they aren't going to cheat you by pre-mining.
I'm not sure you are understanding this clearly.  In a regular business world it's called slippage or shrinkage.  It's the where your empoloyees steal inventory, or sell to friends at discounts not available to others, or put them ahead in line etc...  The higher the item value the more likely it will happen even if owners are the most honest people in the world.  You can't get a multiple employee company to function any other way.  The guy who is stealing it from the shipping truck doesn't care about company reputation.  The tech who test mines it a few extra days after intentionally breaking something inside doesn't care about company reputation.  Yes you can put in a bunch of security measures but those will simply raise the price of the units until they are back to reasonable rates of return.  Currently nothing is shipping that will ever break even when counting diff increases.  Also nothing is shipping that's even at current diff is over 30% per month nominally and that estimate doesn't take into account electricity, other hardware or your time setting up and maintaining it so likely we are talking 15% per month if that.

thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:33:34 PM

The HashFast store is live and we have roughly 300 Baby Jets left.

If you have 300 left, it's still time to take a group picture!
I can't wait seeing all those cuties piled up.  Smiley

to be fair, KNC is still selling units in all categories, yet fail to list the # left in stock.  so by your measure, since they haven't sold out yet and they've been selling since June, they're much worse off.  Tongue

I don't think KnCMiner ever mentioned a max number of devices they would produce in there 1st generation but if you assume that they ship there first units the 25th september for example you can easily get an approximation of the total number of units they might ship before there shippment window for the first batch preliminary will close.

But there is no specified max  number of units of each type(other than there projected total max capacity) as the customers choose what type of device they want and the number of produced units per day will probably be routhly the same no matter what type of devices people buy.
Also if/when the delivery window will close depends on if other companys on the mining market delivers substancial amount of units or not, so in reallity there is no set #units decided to be produced before we get to december at least.....

spiral_mind

Activity: 146

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:10:47 AM

Be wary of Hashfast. They only accept Bitcoin (so there's no chargeback if they don't deliver) and haven't proved anything about their product to be legitimate yet. Those things together make it seem very fishy.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: