Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:51:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast Store is Live!  (Read 4947 times)
HashFast (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 06:51:05 PM

The HashFast store is live and we have roughly 300 Baby Jets left.

We have attempted to reach everyone that initiated a purchase previously. If you would like to complete a purchase or speak with a  customer service representative, please call us at (800) 609-3445, or email us at sales@hashfast.com.

John
HashFast.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:52:21 PM

Boycott Pre-Orders!

+1 101% agree !!! NO MORE PRE-ORDERS !

I second that.

I also agree but so far it's been the nature of the best in the bitcoin mining industry so far.. :/
+1

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:58:23 PM

We have attempted to reach everyone that initiated a purchase previously. If you would like to complete a purchase or speak with a  customer service representative, please call us at (800) 609-3445, or email us at sales@hashfast.com.

John
HashFast.com

What's up with your Marketing & Sales guy? Looks like Josh 2.0  Wink
Hope he's not the same asshole.

https://hashfast.com/team/

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
jarhed

Activity: 672
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:01:10 PM

Shipments are anticipated to begin October 20-30, in order of purchase.

So, another pre-order eh. No thanx.
gateway

Activity: 552

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:14:01 PM

John
HashFast.com

What's up with your Marketing & Sales guy? Looks like Josh 2.0  Wink

Guys Really? How old are you? Lets keep things professional, and hey if you want to call John a Bozo if Hash Fast doesnt ship and says just 2 more weeks and also comes on the boards and belittles people then fine but dont start this crap already..
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:20:59 PM

i'm going to do my part to decentralize the network whether it kills me or not!
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:23:28 PM

John
HashFast.com

What's up with your Marketing & Sales guy? Looks like Josh 2.0  Wink

Guys Really? How old are you? Lets keep things professional, and hey if you want to call John a Bozo if Hash Fast doesnt ship and says just 2 more weeks and also comes on the boards and belittles people then fine but dont start this crap already..
And here is the PR guy.
Hello,  YoungJosh.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:35:43 PM

hey, John is a good guy.  i've gotten to know him a bit better over the last 2 wks and he is a hard worker.  he was up maybe 24 hrs straight the other nite trying to get orders through and deal with the cart.

he's a bit new in the Bitcoin World so i'm trying to bring him up to speed on the "intensity" of what we're doing here.  he's learning real fast.  give him a break; he's no Inaba.

this place is bonkers.
dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:45:53 PM

Too many trolls ill be laughing when they deliver and it takes less than 60 days for RIO.

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:49:27 PM

Nothing against John or his company, but pre-ordering mining equipment that has an "anticipated" delivery date more than eight weeks away immediately following a 35% difficulty increase sounds bonkers. What's the refund policy btw? Payment options? A few weeks late in this environment could easily be the difference between profit and loss. Has any vendor yet delivered product on schedule?

Expressing valid concerns = trolling?

This *IS* starting off like a bfl thread...

gateway

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:50:25 PM

hey, John is a good guy.  i've gotten to know him a bit better over the last 2 wks and he is a hard worker.  he was up maybe 24 hrs straight the other nite trying to get orders through and deal with the cart.

he's a bit new in the Bitcoin World so i'm trying to bring him up to speed on the "intensity" of what we're doing here.  he's learning real fast.  give him a break; he's no Inaba.

this place is bonkers.

I ditto this, no reason to give John and grief unless you feel like revering back to high school where name calling was the norm.

I have known John for years and he's a good guy indeed and will go out of his way to help when he can.. Lets not be childish I mean we are a community here thats supposed to thrive on mining coins.

DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:52:00 PM

Hi HashFast,

I asked Simon these questions in the other thread but it got buried in mud.  Roll Eyes

Can you please answer these questions?

1. Is this rackmountable? (Major mistake IMO if not, but what do I know I've only worked on designing/installing prototype IT hardware for about 10 years)
2. If it's a Tower Form Factor: is this a Mid Tower or a Full Tower?

Group buy co-ordinators need this info for hosting quotes. Mahalo!
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:55:33 PM

Hi HashFast,

I asked Simon these questions in the other thread but it got buried in mud.  Roll Eyes

Can you please answer these questions?

1. Is this rackmountable? (Major mistake IMO if not, but what do I know I've only worked on designing/installing prototype IT hardware for about 10 years)
2. If it's a Tower Form Factor: is this a Mid Tower or a Full Tower?

Group buy co-ordinators need this info for hosting quotes. Mahalo!

Amy Woodward should know the answer to this.  she's the one working on the boxes.  maybe pm her?
gateway

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:56:43 PM

Nothing against John or his company, but pre-ordering mining equipment that has an "anticipated" delivery date more than eight weeks away immediately following a 35% difficulty increase sounds bonkers. What's the refund policy btw? Payment options? A few weeks late in this environment could easily be the difference between profit and loss. Has any vendor yet delivered product on schedule?

Expressing valid concerns = trolling?

This *IS* starting off like a bfl thread...

I think that's everyone's concern that has actual money wrapped up in bitcoin mining, I think with the last 10 months to a year lots of crap has happened and tarnished the btc community here on the forums and who knows where else, but you have legitimate concerns that we all deep down have, me including (for the record I have a knc order and also put my trust in them).

Also I think unless you have over 10 million or so to bank roll its hard for some of these start-ups or companies to get traction, yes pre ordering does suck but listen you don't have to order, thats a choice everyone needs to make on their own.

Im sure information will flow out as it comes avail.. I mean hell we are a few weeks from KNC promised delivery time and they posted a picture of a blank case.. heh Smiley

rsbriggs

Activity: 427

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:59:22 PM

"A few" is usually being less than 6, yes?  I counting six weeks between now and end of September.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:19:05 PM

He's working non-stop to take people's money? Wow, that is so unusual!

Buy & Hold
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:28:30 PM

Amy Woodward should know the answer to this.  she's the one working on the boxes.  maybe pm her?

Thanks cypherdoc! Can you please tell me what Amy uses for a BTC Forum name while here?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:29:48 PM

Thanks cypherdoc! Can you please tell me what Amy uses for a BTC Forum name while here?

guess?

Amy Woodward.
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:36:34 PM

If you have 300 left, it's still time to take a group picture!
I can't wait seeing all those cuties piled up.  Smiley

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:39:24 PM

to be fair, KNC is still selling units in all categories, yet fail to list the # left in stock.  so by your measure, since they haven't sold out yet and they've been selling since June, they're much worse off.  Tongue
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:00:03 PM

guess?

Amy Woodward.

Hah! Too easy! Doesn't she know we're all supposed to be cool & cryptic online?  Grin
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:08:48 PM

guess?

Amy Woodward.

Hah! Too easy! Doesn't she know we're all supposed to be cool & cryptic online?  Grin

hey, she's a woman, what do you expect?  Wink
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:22:50 PM

Yeah, they usually don't get into the nerd games us guys play. They also tend not to get too involved in flame wars.

Maybe women should run the world.  Grin
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:24:47 PM

Yeah, they usually don't get into the nerd games us guys play. They also tend not to get too involved in flame wars.

Maybe women should run the world.  Grin

my woman already runs my world. Grin
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:28:13 PM

Why is there another thread for this?  Wasn't the announcement thread last week sufficient as it included the links and info? 

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:41:52 PM

No...... we got a look at the new Josh 2.0

Hes young, hes fit and ready to take your money

He was up 24 hours straight the other night taking pplz money ...lolz

OBJECT NOT FOUND
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:50:31 AM

No...... we got a look at the new Josh 2.0

Hes young, hes fit and ready to take your money

He was up 24 hours straight the other night taking pplz money ...lolz

Stay Away No Pre Orders Please. Will turn out to be liked Butterfly and Avalon.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:19:30 AM

John
HashFast.com
whaaa  Huh Huh How can you still have 300 of something you haven't built yet?  Not 301 or 299 but exactly 300.

minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:22:27 AM

In what dialect of English does "roughly" translate to "exactly"?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
HashFast (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 06:14:48 AM

This is an excellent question.
Because we are accepting wire transfers, which can take 24 horus or more to clear, it's impossible to know the exact count at a given point in time.

John

eve

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:19:02 AM

They were so many new threads on hashfast seems like they are desperate to take your money. beware and stay away. No Pre orders and they don't accept credit cards or Paypal so stay clear.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:46:23 AM

Shipments are anticipated to begin October 20-30, in order of purchase.

So, another pre-order eh. No thanx.

+1 ... i wont do pre-orders no more
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:03:48 AM

+1  In business it should be the companies taking the risk, not the customers.  The lead time is too long here to make an informed decision as to ROI.  After all, if the ROI was so awesome they would keep them & mine them themselves.
YipYip

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:03:53 AM

Because we are accepting wire transfers, which can take 24 horus or more to clear, it's impossible to know the exact count at a given point in time.

John

I just love pre-orders ....gimme gimme gimme....hmmm fresh pr-order in the morning

Thats the smell of VICTORY !!!

P.S "SUck iT" John boy and welcome to crypto

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:24:08 PM

I've got a suspicious feeling about this operation.

Caveat emptor.
User705
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:14:34 PM

+1  In business it should be the companies taking the risk, not the customers.  The lead time is too long here to make an informed decision as to ROI.  After all, if the ROI was so awesome they would keep them & mine them themselves.
+1 I've mentioned this before that all pre-order asic will end up as either a never deliver scam or delay shipping while I sell units out the back door to friends and their cousins scam.  Now they may ship a few 1st units to collect more money but nothing will get shipped to you same day as you order that makes 100% per month or for that matter even 50% per month ROI.  Too many hands touching it on its way to you and being tempted by it.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:20:00 PM

+1 I've mentioned this before that all pre-order asic will end up as either a never deliver scam or delay shipping while I sell units out the back door to friends and their cousins scam.  Now they may ship a few 1st units to collect more money but nothing will get shipped to you same day as you order that makes 100% per month or for that matter even 50% per month ROI.  Too many hands touching it on its way to you and being tempted by it.

well, in the US they have laws against this. 

HF wants to become a big player in the asic chip business.  there is no way they are going to purposely sully their reputation just to mine a few extra coins i can tell you that.  they may be late sure, but they aren't going to cheat you by pre-mining.
User705
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:57:16 PM

well, in the US they have laws against this. 

HF wants to become a big player in the asic chip business.  there is no way they are going to purposely sully their reputation just to mine a few extra coins i can tell you that.  they may be late sure, but they aren't going to cheat you by pre-mining.
I'm not sure you are understanding this clearly.  In a regular business world it's called slippage or shrinkage.  It's the where your empoloyees steal inventory, or sell to friends at discounts not available to others, or put them ahead in line etc...  The higher the item value the more likely it will happen even if owners are the most honest people in the world.  You can't get a multiple employee company to function any other way.  The guy who is stealing it from the shipping truck doesn't care about company reputation.  The tech who test mines it a few extra days after intentionally breaking something inside doesn't care about company reputation.  Yes you can put in a bunch of security measures but those will simply raise the price of the units until they are back to reasonable rates of return.  Currently nothing is shipping that will ever break even when counting diff increases.  Also nothing is shipping that's even at current diff is over 30% per month nominally and that estimate doesn't take into account electricity, other hardware or your time setting up and maintaining it so likely we are talking 15% per month if that.

thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:33:34 PM

to be fair, KNC is still selling units in all categories, yet fail to list the # left in stock.  so by your measure, since they haven't sold out yet and they've been selling since June, they're much worse off.  Tongue

I don't think KnCMiner ever mentioned a max number of devices they would produce in there 1st generation but if you assume that they ship there first units the 25th september for example you can easily get an approximation of the total number of units they might ship before there shippment window for the first batch preliminary will close.

But there is no specified max  number of units of each type(other than there projected total max capacity) as the customers choose what type of device they want and the number of produced units per day will probably be routhly the same no matter what type of devices people buy.
Also if/when the delivery window will close depends on if other companys on the mining market delivers substancial amount of units or not, so in reallity there is no set #units decided to be produced before we get to december at least.....

spiral_mind

Activity: 146

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:10:47 AM

Be wary of Hashfast. They only accept Bitcoin (so there's no chargeback if they don't deliver) and haven't proved anything about their product to be legitimate yet. Those things together make it seem very fishy.
User705
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 06:40:47 AM

John
I'm glad you think it's an excellent question so how did you come up with the initial number of 550 Super Duper Baby Airplanes?  Ouija board?  Perhaps you pulled it out of a certain deep anatomical cavity?  Anyone who can predict future events months away with such clarity surely can make more money elsewhere or maybe not.  I mean if I'm order number 551 you will send my money back right you won't take it?  Perhaps a few bets you care to wager about your delivery times of all 550 Super Duper Baby Airplanes roughly somewhat sort of exactly on time.  I hear there's this non-reversible internet currency you can use to place such bets.  Wouldn't it be great if all these pre-order companies take all the BTC received and place it up as a bet that they will deliver on time.  If they do they make many times more profits if they don't they make nothing.

eve

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 06:54:09 AM

Be wary of Hashfast. They only accept Bitcoin (so there's no chargeback if they don't deliver) and haven't proved anything about their product to be legitimate yet. Those things together make it seem very fishy.

Stay Away and be careful. No Pre Orders. Do they Accept Credit Cards?
YipYip

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:37:01 AM

HashFast & Cypherdoc

Explain to me like Im a 5 year old why if HashFast (Or whoever is the parent company) are a legitimate IRL business

1) Why are you BTC only & NO credit cards
2) Why do u need pre-orders and payment in full
3) Why dont you just take a down payment (non-refundable if you wanted)

4) With a real order book of downpayed orders it is fairly easy to get a CAPEX loan for the production run

Bearing these things in mind how the fruit cake are you guys not a scam and either

1) FastTalked a respected member or
2) (just putting it out their so dont have a fit ) Paid Cypherdoc off

It just does not make ANY SENSE whats soever KNC after an initial start did and do CC

Intrested to hear from both Cypherdoc & Hashfast rep to reply to my vaild questions :/

EDIT: PM's sent to both HashFast & Crypherdoc

OBJECT NOT FOUND
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:04:43 PM

YipYip -

I think most of your mistrust deals with CC vs. bitcoin for the purchase.  I am sure if the market had dictated that they use a reversible method after a few weeks they would have offered that (and dealt with the risks assumed by the company).

It looks like there are a number of Hero Members who are currently carrying the HashFast banner. 

Only Cypherdoc has come forward as stating that he would receive any kind of compensation.  I believe the compensation was tied to completely selling out the initial pre-order batch -- which was most likely inevitable regardless of having a "hero promoter" or not.
eve

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:36:42 PM

Very Expensive per Gh/s and they don't accept credit cards and don't have any stocks available . So please Stay Away
gateway

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:13:24 PM

One thing I have noticed and its a general theme here on the forums for companies selling ASIC that with Bitcoin still not recognized as any sort of official currency by the US Government and other Governments you as a business owner risk potential issues, one of them being the power of Credit Card Companies (Bank Institutions) that Bitcoin was developed to side step have the power to close accounts, put accounts on hold for what ever reason.  We have seen several examples of this already happening for one reason or the other.

While CC's offer a protection for the end customer this is very high risk right now for a business owner esp when millions of dollars are involved, last thing anyone wants both consumer and producer is to have the company go under because of the power institutions can hold over them.

We are all here to mine Bitcoin for what ever personal reasons are and I think most are looking for money making boxes, we all believe in Bitcoin as a system that provides a side step to what banks and other institutions impose on us.

So yea it sucks but its a fact of life right now until esp in the US BTC can be seen as a low risk by credit card companies and its really hard to find anyone here selling hardware that does accept CC's for the reasons I stated above.

On one hand everyone wants protection in a risky business (high risk high reward maybe), but on the other hand of that company cant function due to funds being held for what ever reason it doesn't benefit anyone.

just a perspective.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:20:21 PM

let's extend your point even further looking into the future.

everyone here, especially eve, keeps spamming the threads about using cc's and paypal.  what about the punk that orders from the company that has stock in hand with cc/pp?  he receives his machine within a week of ordering, plugs it in, and starts mining.  60d later minus one week, he claims it's not working, sends it back, and does a chargeback. 

so many of you want to get the best of both worlds when it comes to this intersection of BTC vs cc/pp.  it's not going to happen.
gateway

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:24:56 PM

everyone here, especially eve, keeps spamming the threads about using cc's and paypal.  what about the punk that orders from the company that has stock in hand with cc/pp?  he receives his machine within a week of ordering, plugs it in, and starts mining.  60d later minus one week, he claims it's not working, sends it back, and does a chargeback. 

so many of you want to get the best of both worlds when it comes to this intersection of BTC vs cc/pp.  it's not going to happen.

Yea another thing to worry about as a business, while I would hope it doesn't happen here, its a fact of life :/
crumbs

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:28:23 PM

YipYip -

I think most of your mistrust deals with CC vs. bitcoin for the purchase.  I am sure if the market had dictated that they use a reversible method after a few weeks they would have offered that (and dealt with the risks assumed by the company).

What does that mean, if anything?  

It looks like there are a number of Hero Members who are currently carrying the HashFast banner. 

Only Cypherdoc has come forward as stating that he would receive any kind of compensation.  I believe the compensation was tied to completely selling out the initial pre-order batch -- which was most likely inevitable regardless of having a "hero promoter" or not.

Which hero members are carrying the HashFast banner?  The price of a hero account on this forum is laughably cheap.  Such transactions are both common and condoned by the forum bureaucrats.  HashFast has a history of sock accounts, shady "marketing firms" and fake twitter followers.  Cypherdoc chose to reveal the fact that he is being paid, the rest did not.  Thumbs up for Cypherdoc.
SirWizz

Activity: 173

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:32:37 PM

One thing I have noticed and its a general theme here on the forums for companies selling ASIC that with Bitcoin still not recognized as any sort of official currency by the US Government and other Governments you as a business owner risk potential issues, one of them being the power of Credit Card Companies (Bank Institutions) that Bitcoin was developed to side step have the power to close accounts, put accounts on hold for what ever reason.  We have seen several examples of this already happening for one reason or the other.

While CC's offer a protection for the end customer this is very high risk right now for a business owner esp when millions of dollars are involved, last thing anyone wants both consumer and producer is to have the company go under because of the power institutions can hold over them.

We are all here to mine Bitcoin for what ever personal reasons are and I think most are looking for money making boxes, we all believe in Bitcoin as a system that provides a side step to what banks and other institutions impose on us.

So yea it sucks but its a fact of life right now until esp in the US BTC can be seen as a low risk by credit card companies and its really hard to find anyone here selling hardware that does accept CC's for the reasons I stated above.

On one hand everyone wants protection in a risky business (high risk high reward maybe), but on the other hand of that company cant function due to funds being held for what ever reason it doesn't benefit anyone.

just a perspective.

Don't think you actually thought things through even though this has been discussed about 1000 times so far Roll Eyes. When using BTC the risk goes exclusively to the buyer. When using CC the company has to assume some risk as well because there might be a few people that will ask for a refund. This is normal and should be part of the business plan. If you can not assume even that small amount of risk especially at this stage in the game, you'll have to understand why KNC raked in thousands of orders while these guys are struggling to sell 500 units.

Frankly cypherdoc's explanation of the punk scenario is laughable. Should we also assume that only punks order from HashFast? That's ridiculous. Also, I am sure this is not news for many people but KNC accepts cc/Paypal, Cointerra will as well according to the latest news and if I am not mistaken Bitfury does as well (could be wrong about this one).
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:35:20 PM

ultimately, what's going to happen, is that the companies who fit their business models into the Bitcoin Culture as a whole will be the one's who win out.

by accepting BTC, paying with BTC, and facilitating the velocity of BTC thru the entire Bitcoin economy these companies will win out.  the whole payment system is structured to be more useful, fairer, and more profitable for those dedicated to the principle of private enterprise, not gov't fiat (cc's and pp).
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:36:14 PM

everyone here, especially eve, keeps spamming the threads about using cc's and paypal.  what about the punk that orders from the company that has stock in hand with cc/pp?  he receives his machine within a week of ordering, plugs it in, and starts mining.  60d later minus one week, he claims it's not working, sends it back, and does a chargeback.  

so many of you want to get the best of both worlds when it comes to this intersection of BTC vs cc/pp.  it's not going to happen.

Not everyone making a card payment is as dishonest as you are dude;

yes, then don't order.

in fact, you can blame me for advising them not to take cc's.  like i said in my thread, i had orders of 3 Jupiter's in at KNC, and 8 H boards with BitFury.  i never intended to order that many as a whole simply b/c i was playing the Ms. Fickle game of hedging my bets across multiple companies fully intending to cancel all but one order with whom i deemed the winner in my orderbook in the end.  so i artificially inflated the internal expectations at both these companies about what the demand was going to be going forward.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:39:54 PM

everyone here, especially eve, keeps spamming the threads about using cc's and paypal.  what about the punk that orders from the company that has stock in hand with cc/pp?  he receives his machine within a week of ordering, plugs it in, and starts mining.  60d later minus one week, he claims it's not working, sends it back, and does a chargeback.  

so many of you want to get the best of both worlds when it comes to this intersection of BTC vs cc/pp.  it's not going to happen.

yes, then don't order.

in fact, you can blame me for advising them not to take cc's.  like i said in my thread, i had orders of 3 Jupiter's in at KNC, and 8 H boards with BitFury.  i never intended to order that many as a whole simply b/c i was playing the Ms. Fickle game of hedging my bets across multiple companies fully intending to cancel all but one order with whom i deemed the winner in my orderbook in the end.  so i artificially inflated the internal expectations at both these companies about what the demand was going to be going forward.

yeah, keep pushing that lame theory. 
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:41:27 PM

yes, then don't order.

How is it a theory? It's by your own admission above. Zero integrity.

gateway

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:43:10 PM

just a perspective.

Don't think you actually thought things through even though this has been discussed about 1000 times so far Roll Eyes. When using BTC the risk goes exclusively to the buyer. When using CC the company has to assume some risk as well because there might be a few people that will ask for a refund. This is normal and should be part of the business plan. If you can not assume even that small amount of risk especially at this stage in the game, you'll have to understand why KNC raked in thousands of orders while these guys are struggling to sell 500 units.

Frankly cypherdoc's explanation of the punk scenario is laughable. Should we also assume that only punks order from HashFast? That's ridiculous. Also, I am sure this is not news for many people but KNC accepts cc/Paypal, Cointerra will as well according to the latest news and if I am not mistaken Bitfury does as well (could be wrong about this one).

I did think it though and one flaw of btc is that the buy doesn't have any protection.. I'm still trying to find a company selling mining hardware and accepting cc
crumbs

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:43:35 PM

ultimately, what's going to happen, is that the companies who fit their business models into the Bitcoin Culture as a whole will be the one's who win out.

By "bitcoin culture," i assume you mean to say "getting scammed by ASIC companies"?

by accepting BTC, paying with BTC, and facilitating the velocity of BTC thru the entire Bitcoin economy these companies will win out.  the whole payment system is structured to be more useful, fairer, and more profitable for those dedicated to the principle of private enterprise, not gov't fiat (cc's and pp).

Of course, the BTC is instantly converted into fiat on the other end.  Sell your BTC for fiat & buy with CC, problem solved.  Using the bitcoin ethos to justify not accepting CC is beneath you.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:44:03 PM

yes, then don't order.

i've explained the whole scenario in detail multiple times yet you continue to ignore it.  your whole premise is laughable given the #'s involved but you don't seem to care.

the only logical conclusion based on your trolling is that you are a confirmed KNC shill that has become desperate to smear anything or anyone related to HF.

this is why an entire thread has been dedicated to your KNC shilling.
crumbs

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:45:07 PM

I did think it though and one flaw of btc is that the buy doesn't have any protection.. I'm still trying to find a company selling mining hardware and accepting cc

KNC, offhand.
millsdmb

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:46:07 PM

Only pament methods accepted are BTC or bank wire?

For ASIC preorders, I'll only use paypal...

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:47:00 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2013, 05:12:38 PM by Bitcoinorama

yes, then don't order.

i've explained the whole scenario in detail multiple times yet you continue to ignore it.  your whole premise is laughable given the #'s involved but you don't seem to care.

the only logical conclusion based on your trolling is that you are a confirmed KNC shill that has become desperate to smear anything or anyone related to HF.

Nope, I haven't once 'shilled' KnC here. All I've done is called you Cypherdoc out on your BS when you choose to spread it.

It's not just KnC that choose to put the interests of their customers first, so have Terrahash, and believe it or not Butterfly Labs, their refund debacle is nonsense. Counterra have also just expressed interest.

I've always supported Terrahash btw., since they put their customers first. Unfortunately it was Cloudhashing and Bitsyncom that have screwed them. Bitsyncom has pretty much ruined them.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:48:53 PM

yes, then don't order.

i've explained the whole scenario in detail multiple times yet you continue to ignore it.  your whole premise is laughable given the #'s involved but you don't seem to care.

Nope, I haven't once 'shilled' KnC here. All I've done is called you Cypherdoc out on your BS when you choose to spread it.

99% of what you do around here is shill for KNC.  and the length of time and hours spent are enormous.  are you kidding?
crumbs

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:51:08 PM

99% of what you do around here is shill for KNC.  and the length of time and hours spent are enormous.  are you kidding?

ShillFest at HashFast.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:52:51 PM

ShillFest at HashFast.

remember, the definition of a shill is one who hides the fact that they're a proponent for a company. 

that definition only applies to Bitcoinorama.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:53:06 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2013, 05:46:27 PM by Bitcoinorama

yes, then don't order.

i've explained the whole scenario in detail multiple times yet you continue to ignore it.  your whole premise is laughable given the #'s involved but you don't seem to care.

99% of what you do around here is shill for KNC.  and the length of time and hours spent are enormous.  are you kidding?

Nope. You're obviously not reading the same threads I do, spent most of the last couple of weeks piecing together what's occured with Bitsynom and the missing millions of cash and chips, but as I said before PM me if you want to deviate off topic. You walked into that re-quote of yours earlier, as you were in your words; 'the punk' that screwed over the companies concerned.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:55:35 PM

yes, then don't order.

Nope. You're obviously not reading the same threads I do, but as I said before PM me if you want to deviate off topic. You walked into that require of yours earlier, as you were in your words 'the punk' that screwed over the companies concerned.

sorry you can't read or interpret events.

a measly $21K order cancelled after holding for a measly 15 days way back in July does not qualify as screwing over KNC.

keep trying hard.  your desperation is palpable.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:59:41 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2013, 05:48:23 PM by Bitcoinorama

99% of what you do around here is shill for KNC.  and the length of time and hours spent are enormous.  are you kidding?

ShillFest at HashFast.

remember, the definition of a shill is one who hides the fact that they're a proponent for a company.  

Pahahaha when have I ever said I'm not pro-KnC? I'm pro Bitfury, I've been pro-Terrahash. I'll happily praise Hashfast if they deliver as promised. It's all there for the taking.  I'm not getting paid by any of them. I have a degree of funds tied up in KnC, so obv. I want to see them deliver as promised. That doesn't affect you or Hashfast. Your race is not against KnC, you're not operating in the same timeframe with January. it's against Cointerra and X-Crowd.

You are grasping as straws pal, every company I've declared a scam has been one. 100% record. In my mind the jury is still out in Bitsyncom, but they were def pre-mining, and def had possession of chips in June, but have def been caught red-handed telling porkies. I just don't want to see people get burnt through dishonesty. I'm not saying Hashfast are dishonest, their promises still require meeting, but you clearly are dishonest, by your own admission. So attempting to reason that a means for not accepting a specific payment method because of any potential for abuse in the manner in which you yourself have admitted to is a bit hypocritical to say the least.

crumbs

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:01:31 PM

ShillFest at HashFast.

1. To act as a shill for (a deceitful enterprise).
2. To lure (a person) into a swindle.
1. a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house.
2. a person whose praises, endorsements, etc., are motivated by self-interest.

You should stop using wikip as your sole reference. Smiley
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:01:46 PM

but you clearly are, by your own admission.

i'll say it again.

a measly $21K order cancelled after holding for a measly 15 days way back in July does not qualify as screwing over KNC.

keep trying hard.  your desperation is palpable.
crumbs

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:07:16 PM

i'll say it again.

keep trying hard.  your desperation is palpable.

Not to side with Bitcoinorama, but it's much more than the "measly" $21k.  You have stated yourself that your intent was to game & deceive.
I will repeat that it is not the deception that i find vile, but the bragging you've done about it, and using your unscrupulous acts to justify unscrupulous acts of HashFast.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:07:44 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2013, 05:51:25 PM by Bitcoinorama

i'll say it again.

What desperation? What on earth have I got to be desperate for. I'm not about to lose anything. I'm not taking a reckless gamble on a very defined time period. I made sure of that, and how exactly would I know throughout what length of time your dishonesty lasted? you've never mentioned it. It's no excuse in any event.

Fact is both the company and those ordering should behave with integrity throughout the length of the entire transaction and beyond, unfortunately there has been an onslaught of companies not behaving with integrity continuously throughout this entire forum, and people are fed up with it.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:09:14 PM

i'll say it again.

Not to side with Bitcoinorama, but it's much more than the "measly" $21k.  You have stated yourself that your intent was to game & deceive.
I will repeat that it is not the deception that i find vile, but the bragging you've done about it, and using your unscrupulous acts to justify unscrupulous acts of HashFast.

as i've said ad nauseum, and can be gleaned if one wishes to interpret the events in a logical manner, there was never any intent to deceive.

what i was describing in that paragraph was  "market interpretation" of what is happening in aggregate when a company accepts cc's. 
crumbs

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:12:29 PM

as i've said ad nauseum, and can be gleaned if one wishes to interpret the events in a logical manner, there was never any intent to deceive.

what i was describing in that paragraph was  "market interpretation" of what is happening in aggregate when a company accepts cc's. 

The intent to deceive was explicitly stated by you.  I'm not going to get into another back & forth where you will deny what you have stated on record.  This is childish.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:17:16 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2013, 05:42:51 PM by cypherdoc

what i was describing in that paragraph was  "market interpretation" of what is happening in aggregate when a company accepts cc's.  

The intent to deceive was explicitly stated by you.  I'm not going to get into another back & forth where you will deny what you have stated on record.  This is childish.

you're not reading either with any intent to discern.  i could claim by my criticizing the Federal Reserve they are destined to crash.  would you believe me?

i'm big on market events and their interpretations.  all my subscribers and many on this forum know this.  that paragraph is how i describe things when i'm trying to make a point.

also, the facts and timelines are as how i stated but you and Bitcoiniorama prefer to accuse in a highly negative manner.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:18:15 PM

Hello HashFast, have you got enough pre-order money for tape-out and BOM? When will you tape-out? which foundry do you use?

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
gateway

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:57:01 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2013, 06:13:09 PM by gateway

I just thought of something, we put everyone here thats arguing, trolling or just being a dick into one ring and let everyone duke it out.. but honestly guys that being said this bs is getting old..

sorry its just not productive.. :/
YipYip

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 12:34:25 AM

YipYip -

You have not answered my questions...just a lot of double talk

Market forces ..blah blah blah ... Backing from Respected pplz...endorcements

If u read my post I say "EXPLAIN TO ME LIKE IM A 5 YEAR OLD " I am not interested in nonsensical SPIN

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 12:44:05 AM

Here is my response:

1) PP i agree is has a % risk attached to it

2) CC is a lot more formal and can not be done as easily and the banks actually will hold pple to account whereas PP is a free for all
(I have worked in banking & billing systems for 10+ years)

3) your delivery schedule is ~ 2 months so in effect you are guaranteeing a refund if your dont deliver in those 2 months & a customer decides he cant wait

4) Why dont you have a deposit BTC value & the balance  on CC

Explain to me why all the above does not stand to reason

I am not against you guys at all ...lets just see some form or responsability & reasonableness associated with your pre-orders

OBJECT NOT FOUND
HashFast (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 02:06:43 AM

Hello HashFast, have you got enough pre-order money for tape-out and BOM? When will you tape-out? which foundry do you use?

Yes, Yes, very very soon, Can't say (under NDA with foundry)

-John

felente

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:45:34 AM

-John

LOL Smiley
crumbs

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 12:12:23 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2013, 01:12:48 PM by crumbs

-John

Old joke:
Lecturer: "While double negatives result in a positive, double positives do not result in a negative."
Heckler from the back row: "Yeah yeah, sure sure."
Todamont

Activity: 602
Merit: 272

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:11:12 PM

Pre-order months out for an untested piece of hardware? Yeah, no.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:33:09 PM

sorry, but after BFL/Avalon experience, I told to myself, that I will never ever give free loan to any ASIC company. If you can't produce your miners without loans, you are not partner of any kind of business for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: