Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:29:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast Store is Live!  (Read 4947 times)
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 06:40:47 AM

In what dialect of English does "roughly" translate to "exactly"?

This is an excellent question.
Because we are accepting wire transfers, which can take 24 horus or more to clear, it's impossible to know the exact count at a given point in time.

John
I'm glad you think it's an excellent question so how did you come up with the initial number of 550 Super Duper Baby Airplanes?  Ouija board?  Perhaps you pulled it out of a certain deep anatomical cavity?  Anyone who can predict future events months away with such clarity surely can make more money elsewhere or maybe not.  I mean if I'm order number 551 you will send my money back right you won't take it?  Perhaps a few bets you care to wager about your delivery times of all 550 Super Duper Baby Airplanes roughly somewhat sort of exactly on time.  I hear there's this non-reversible internet currency you can use to place such bets.  Wouldn't it be great if all these pre-order companies take all the BTC received and place it up as a bet that they will deliver on time.  If they do they make many times more profits if they don't they make nothing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eve

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 06:54:09 AM

Be wary of Hashfast. They only accept Bitcoin (so there's no chargeback if they don't deliver) and haven't proved anything about their product to be legitimate yet. Those things together make it seem very fishy.

Stay Away and be careful. No Pre Orders. Do they Accept Credit Cards?
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:37:01 AM

HashFast & Cypherdoc

Explain to me like Im a 5 year old why if HashFast (Or whoever is the parent company) are a legitimate IRL business

1) Why are you BTC only & NO credit cards
2) Why do u need pre-orders and payment in full
3) Why dont you just take a down payment (non-refundable if you wanted)

4) With a real order book of downpayed orders it is fairly easy to get a CAPEX loan for the production run

Bearing these things in mind how the fruit cake are you guys not a scam and either

1) FastTalked a respected member or
2) (just putting it out their so dont have a fit ) Paid Cypherdoc off

It just does not make ANY SENSE whats soever KNC after an initial start did and do CC

Intrested to hear from both Cypherdoc & Hashfast rep to reply to my vaild questions :/

EDIT: PM's sent to both HashFast & Crypherdoc

OBJECT NOT FOUND
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:04:43 PM

YipYip -

I think most of your mistrust deals with CC vs. bitcoin for the purchase.  I am sure if the market had dictated that they use a reversible method after a few weeks they would have offered that (and dealt with the risks assumed by the company).

It looks like there are a number of Hero Members who are currently carrying the HashFast banner. 

Only Cypherdoc has come forward as stating that he would receive any kind of compensation.  I believe the compensation was tied to completely selling out the initial pre-order batch -- which was most likely inevitable regardless of having a "hero promoter" or not.
eve

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:36:42 PM

Very Expensive per Gh/s and they don't accept credit cards and don't have any stocks available . So please Stay Away
gateway

Activity: 552

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:13:24 PM

One thing I have noticed and its a general theme here on the forums for companies selling ASIC that with Bitcoin still not recognized as any sort of official currency by the US Government and other Governments you as a business owner risk potential issues, one of them being the power of Credit Card Companies (Bank Institutions) that Bitcoin was developed to side step have the power to close accounts, put accounts on hold for what ever reason.  We have seen several examples of this already happening for one reason or the other.

While CC's offer a protection for the end customer this is very high risk right now for a business owner esp when millions of dollars are involved, last thing anyone wants both consumer and producer is to have the company go under because of the power institutions can hold over them.

We are all here to mine Bitcoin for what ever personal reasons are and I think most are looking for money making boxes, we all believe in Bitcoin as a system that provides a side step to what banks and other institutions impose on us.

So yea it sucks but its a fact of life right now until esp in the US BTC can be seen as a low risk by credit card companies and its really hard to find anyone here selling hardware that does accept CC's for the reasons I stated above.

On one hand everyone wants protection in a risky business (high risk high reward maybe), but on the other hand of that company cant function due to funds being held for what ever reason it doesn't benefit anyone.

just a perspective.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:20:21 PM

let's extend your point even further looking into the future.

everyone here, especially eve, keeps spamming the threads about using cc's and paypal.  what about the punk that orders from the company that has stock in hand with cc/pp?  he receives his machine within a week of ordering, plugs it in, and starts mining.  60d later minus one week, he claims it's not working, sends it back, and does a chargeback. 

so many of you want to get the best of both worlds when it comes to this intersection of BTC vs cc/pp.  it's not going to happen.
gateway

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:24:56 PM

everyone here, especially eve, keeps spamming the threads about using cc's and paypal.  what about the punk that orders from the company that has stock in hand with cc/pp?  he receives his machine within a week of ordering, plugs it in, and starts mining.  60d later minus one week, he claims it's not working, sends it back, and does a chargeback. 

so many of you want to get the best of both worlds when it comes to this intersection of BTC vs cc/pp.  it's not going to happen.

Yea another thing to worry about as a business, while I would hope it doesn't happen here, its a fact of life :/
crumbs

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:28:23 PM

YipYip -

I think most of your mistrust deals with CC vs. bitcoin for the purchase.  I am sure if the market had dictated that they use a reversible method after a few weeks they would have offered that (and dealt with the risks assumed by the company).

What does that mean, if anything?  

It looks like there are a number of Hero Members who are currently carrying the HashFast banner. 

Only Cypherdoc has come forward as stating that he would receive any kind of compensation.  I believe the compensation was tied to completely selling out the initial pre-order batch -- which was most likely inevitable regardless of having a "hero promoter" or not.

Which hero members are carrying the HashFast banner?  The price of a hero account on this forum is laughably cheap.  Such transactions are both common and condoned by the forum bureaucrats.  HashFast has a history of sock accounts, shady "marketing firms" and fake twitter followers.  Cypherdoc chose to reveal the fact that he is being paid, the rest did not.  Thumbs up for Cypherdoc.
SirWizz

Activity: 173

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:32:37 PM

One thing I have noticed and its a general theme here on the forums for companies selling ASIC that with Bitcoin still not recognized as any sort of official currency by the US Government and other Governments you as a business owner risk potential issues, one of them being the power of Credit Card Companies (Bank Institutions) that Bitcoin was developed to side step have the power to close accounts, put accounts on hold for what ever reason.  We have seen several examples of this already happening for one reason or the other.

While CC's offer a protection for the end customer this is very high risk right now for a business owner esp when millions of dollars are involved, last thing anyone wants both consumer and producer is to have the company go under because of the power institutions can hold over them.

We are all here to mine Bitcoin for what ever personal reasons are and I think most are looking for money making boxes, we all believe in Bitcoin as a system that provides a side step to what banks and other institutions impose on us.

So yea it sucks but its a fact of life right now until esp in the US BTC can be seen as a low risk by credit card companies and its really hard to find anyone here selling hardware that does accept CC's for the reasons I stated above.

On one hand everyone wants protection in a risky business (high risk high reward maybe), but on the other hand of that company cant function due to funds being held for what ever reason it doesn't benefit anyone.

just a perspective.

Don't think you actually thought things through even though this has been discussed about 1000 times so far Roll Eyes. When using BTC the risk goes exclusively to the buyer. When using CC the company has to assume some risk as well because there might be a few people that will ask for a refund. This is normal and should be part of the business plan. If you can not assume even that small amount of risk especially at this stage in the game, you'll have to understand why KNC raked in thousands of orders while these guys are struggling to sell 500 units.

Frankly cypherdoc's explanation of the punk scenario is laughable. Should we also assume that only punks order from HashFast? That's ridiculous. Also, I am sure this is not news for many people but KNC accepts cc/Paypal, Cointerra will as well according to the latest news and if I am not mistaken Bitfury does as well (could be wrong about this one).
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:35:20 PM

ultimately, what's going to happen, is that the companies who fit their business models into the Bitcoin Culture as a whole will be the one's who win out.

by accepting BTC, paying with BTC, and facilitating the velocity of BTC thru the entire Bitcoin economy these companies will win out.  the whole payment system is structured to be more useful, fairer, and more profitable for those dedicated to the principle of private enterprise, not gov't fiat (cc's and pp).
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:36:14 PM

everyone here, especially eve, keeps spamming the threads about using cc's and paypal.  what about the punk that orders from the company that has stock in hand with cc/pp?  he receives his machine within a week of ordering, plugs it in, and starts mining.  60d later minus one week, he claims it's not working, sends it back, and does a chargeback.  

so many of you want to get the best of both worlds when it comes to this intersection of BTC vs cc/pp.  it's not going to happen.

Not everyone making a card payment is as dishonest as you are dude;

yes, then don't order.

in fact, you can blame me for advising them not to take cc's.  like i said in my thread, i had orders of 3 Jupiter's in at KNC, and 8 H boards with BitFury.  i never intended to order that many as a whole simply b/c i was playing the Ms. Fickle game of hedging my bets across multiple companies fully intending to cancel all but one order with whom i deemed the winner in my orderbook in the end.  so i artificially inflated the internal expectations at both these companies about what the demand was going to be going forward.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:39:54 PM

everyone here, especially eve, keeps spamming the threads about using cc's and paypal.  what about the punk that orders from the company that has stock in hand with cc/pp?  he receives his machine within a week of ordering, plugs it in, and starts mining.  60d later minus one week, he claims it's not working, sends it back, and does a chargeback.  

so many of you want to get the best of both worlds when it comes to this intersection of BTC vs cc/pp.  it's not going to happen.

yes, then don't order.

in fact, you can blame me for advising them not to take cc's.  like i said in my thread, i had orders of 3 Jupiter's in at KNC, and 8 H boards with BitFury.  i never intended to order that many as a whole simply b/c i was playing the Ms. Fickle game of hedging my bets across multiple companies fully intending to cancel all but one order with whom i deemed the winner in my orderbook in the end.  so i artificially inflated the internal expectations at both these companies about what the demand was going to be going forward.

yeah, keep pushing that lame theory. 
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:41:27 PM

yes, then don't order.

How is it a theory? It's by your own admission above. Zero integrity.

gateway

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:43:10 PM

just a perspective.

Don't think you actually thought things through even though this has been discussed about 1000 times so far Roll Eyes. When using BTC the risk goes exclusively to the buyer. When using CC the company has to assume some risk as well because there might be a few people that will ask for a refund. This is normal and should be part of the business plan. If you can not assume even that small amount of risk especially at this stage in the game, you'll have to understand why KNC raked in thousands of orders while these guys are struggling to sell 500 units.

Frankly cypherdoc's explanation of the punk scenario is laughable. Should we also assume that only punks order from HashFast? That's ridiculous. Also, I am sure this is not news for many people but KNC accepts cc/Paypal, Cointerra will as well according to the latest news and if I am not mistaken Bitfury does as well (could be wrong about this one).

I did think it though and one flaw of btc is that the buy doesn't have any protection.. I'm still trying to find a company selling mining hardware and accepting cc
crumbs

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:43:35 PM

ultimately, what's going to happen, is that the companies who fit their business models into the Bitcoin Culture as a whole will be the one's who win out.

By "bitcoin culture," i assume you mean to say "getting scammed by ASIC companies"?

by accepting BTC, paying with BTC, and facilitating the velocity of BTC thru the entire Bitcoin economy these companies will win out.  the whole payment system is structured to be more useful, fairer, and more profitable for those dedicated to the principle of private enterprise, not gov't fiat (cc's and pp).

Of course, the BTC is instantly converted into fiat on the other end.  Sell your BTC for fiat & buy with CC, problem solved.  Using the bitcoin ethos to justify not accepting CC is beneath you.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:44:03 PM

yes, then don't order.

i've explained the whole scenario in detail multiple times yet you continue to ignore it.  your whole premise is laughable given the #'s involved but you don't seem to care.

the only logical conclusion based on your trolling is that you are a confirmed KNC shill that has become desperate to smear anything or anyone related to HF.

this is why an entire thread has been dedicated to your KNC shilling.
crumbs

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:45:07 PM

I did think it though and one flaw of btc is that the buy doesn't have any protection.. I'm still trying to find a company selling mining hardware and accepting cc

KNC, offhand.
millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:46:07 PM

Only pament methods accepted are BTC or bank wire?

For ASIC preorders, I'll only use paypal...

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:47:00 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2013, 05:12:38 PM by Bitcoinorama

yes, then don't order.

i've explained the whole scenario in detail multiple times yet you continue to ignore it.  your whole premise is laughable given the #'s involved but you don't seem to care.

the only logical conclusion based on your trolling is that you are a confirmed KNC shill that has become desperate to smear anything or anyone related to HF.

this is why an entire thread has been dedicated to your KNC shilling.

Nope, I haven't once 'shilled' KnC here. All I've done is called you Cypherdoc out on your BS when you choose to spread it.

It's not just KnC that choose to put the interests of their customers first, so have Terrahash, and believe it or not Butterfly Labs, their refund debacle is nonsense. Counterra have also just expressed interest.

I've always supported Terrahash btw., since they put their customers first. Unfortunately it was Cloudhashing and Bitsyncom that have screwed them. Bitsyncom has pretty much ruined them.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: