Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:11:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:38:56 AM

We are live!

hashfast.com/shop

Might be interested but what's your refund policy? (I don't see any T&C or formal statements on this anywhere in your site or here).

Why would you want a refund ? They have currently 506 units in stock, so for them, it's just a matter of walking around randomly and stumble upon a post office.

I'm sure they are able to acheive that, even if a bit drunk.

The reason doesn't matter. It's an ecommerce site so there must be some formal statement on that. Whatever that is.

you're right and they are working on that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:40:11 AM

Cool! Are they working on the pictures of the 505 units in stock, too ?
Can't wait!

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:42:16 AM

Delivery to UK. Really???

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:43:05 AM

Can't wait!

yep, just like KNC!
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:44:54 AM

Lousy exchange rate. Definitely not Fort Gox. 60.8665btc=$5,764
flowdab

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:04:09 AM

Problems already...

Error creating bitpay invoice. Please try again or try another payment method.

Had the same problem.
Kouye

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:11:17 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 02:58:35 PM by Kouye

From the ToS:

Except for delivery dates explicitly guaranteed in the order confirmation, delivery dates communicated or acknowledged by Hashfast are approximate only
Buyer will give Hashfast written notice of failure to deliver and thirty (30) days within which to cure, unless the order confirmation explicitly guarantees a delivery date
Buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy after such cure period or guaranteed delivery date is to cancel Huh the affected and undelivered portions of the order.
No order, Agreement or any part thereof may be rescheduled or cancelled without Hashfast’s prior written consent.

So!

- How may I get a guaranteed delivery date while ordering, please ?

- In case I cancel my order, can I hope for a refund ?

- In case I cancel my order after you failed to deliver at a guaranteed date and you don't agree to send a written consent to acknowledge that cancellation, what happens ?

I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 01:20:41 AM

Can't wait!

Oh, I was thinking the 505 units in stock was referring to the 550 unit preorder limit, didn't realize it was actual in stock. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

arorts

Activity: 408

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:38:10 AM

From the ToS:

Except for delivery dates explicitly guaranteed in the order confirmation, delivery dates communicated or acknowledged by Hashfast are approximate only
Buyer will give Hashfast written notice of failure to deliver and thirty (30) days within which to cure, unless the order confirmation explicitly guarantees a delivery date
Buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy after such cure period or guaranteed delivery date is to cancel Huh the affected and undelivered portions of the order.
No order, Agreement or any part thereof may be rescheduled or cancelled without Hashfast’s prior written consent.

So!
- In case you fail to deliver, will you cover for the post fees needed to send you a written notice ?
- In case I cancel my order after you failed to deliver at a guaranteed date and you don't agree to send a written consent to acknowledge that cancellation, what happens ?

Exactly.  What's that about getting written consent from Hashfast to cancel an order?? Basically it's a nice way to say "No. I don't issue refunds (but perhaps only if I feel like but who knows maybe or maybe not)" More than discretionary: completely uncertain, random and obscure.

So until they are actually upfront, transparent and serious enough on those fundamental policies my money is glued to my pocket.
Kouye

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:41:38 AM

- In case you fail to deliver, will you cover for the post fees needed to send you a written notice ?

I finally had a reply to those.

Kouye, you should ask John Skrodenis your questions.  i can only go so far as i am not a rep or employee.

I did, twice, already. Also asked Simon. You're the only one who answered, so far, thank you!

if you read my comments above i think those cover the gist of what you should really be concerned about.  i've been told up, down, left and right that this is what they will promise.  i've even seen it written out in internal docs.  but whether or not they'll have the money to do a refund if the end of year rolls around is the risk you take.

i've taken the risk. i've bought 8 units myself.

Thanks, cypherdoc. I'm not sure things cleared up, but replying was a good start, at least.

marinamao

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:53:27 AM

Clarification needed. The policy seems fishy to me.

marinamao

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:55:26 AM

Hello everyone, I am Kengdie.

This thread is good. This post makes me remember the Butterfly Labs in the June of last year. Animal spirit. History is repeating itself. BFL made a FPGA, why cannot ASIC. Uniquify made chips, why cannot this chips.

Good luck.

That's how Chinese conquer the world Grin Grin  Welcome to the family of Kengdie!

seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:20:35 AM

whoever read the policy and still decide to order deserve to lose money.

eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:09:44 AM

From the ToS:

So!

Exactly.  What's that about getting written consent from Hashfast to cancel an order?? Basically it's a nice way to say "No. I don't issue refunds (but perhaps only if I feel like but who knows maybe or maybe not)" More than discretionary: completely uncertain, random and obscure.

So until they are actually upfront, transparent and serious enough on those fundamental policies my money is glued to my pocket.

Stay away and Stay clear another Avalon and Butterfly in the making !! They can delivers as late as they want ... You have ZERO "0" protection !!
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 04:22:55 AM

From the ToS:

So!

Stay away and Stay clear another Avalon and Butterfly in the making !! They can delivers as late as they want ... You have ZERO "0" protection !!

I got two words... "ah man!"

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:55:29 AM

yes, then don't order.

in fact, you can blame me for advising them not to take cc's.  like i said in my thread, i had orders of 3 Jupiter's in at KNC, and 8 H boards with BitFury.  i never intended to order that many as a whole simply b/c i was playing the Ms. Fickle game of hedging my bets across multiple companies fully intending to cancel all but one order with whom i deemed the winner in my orderbook in the end.  so i artificially inflated the internal expectations at both these companies about what the demand was going to be going forward.

i consider myself a pretty rational actor and i knew if i was doing this that there were a great many of you doing the same thing.  thus, i told HashFast not to take cc's or paypal.  yes, it may decrease orders at the beginning but it will eliminate their internal volatility going into production.  they will be able to plan their expenses much more precisely. HashFast doesn't want fickle customers jumping in and out of the order queue causing all sorts of headache and hassle.  they want committed customers who really understand what they're doing and are willing to wait until the end of December at the latest before they request a refund.  

i really think one of those companies taking cc or paypal could undergo a walletectomy by having a darkhorse company like HashFast come out with a superior chip product.  yes, it may be just vaporware right now but tapeout is going to occur within a matter of days which is a significant milestone and they have additional plans in the works.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:07:14 AM

they want committed customers who really understand what they're doing and are willing to wait until the end of December at the latest before they request a refund.

This is what you advised them? A screwed customer is a committed customer? Thanks pal!

I really hope that planned delays are not part of the HashFast gameplan. A 2 month delay has a huge impact on ROI.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:15:45 AM

they want committed customers who really understand what they're doing and are willing to wait until the end of December at the latest before they request a refund.

This is what you advised them? A screwed customer is a committed customer? Thanks pal!

I really hope that planned delays are not part of the HashFast gameplan. A 2 month delay has a huge impact on ROI.

if you'd read the thread, there are provisions to protect your investment.  i don't want to talk too much about it b/c it's not my place.  i'm going to encourage them to do so very soon.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:16:48 AM

Can you say PETAHASH?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 05:19:35 AM

yes, then don't order.

in fact, you can blame me for advising them not to take cc's.  like i said in my thread, i had orders of 3 Jupiter's in at KNC, and 8 H boards with BitFury.  i never intended to order that many as a whole simply b/c i was playing the Ms. Fickle game of hedging my bets across multiple companies fully intending to cancel all but one order with whom i deemed the winner in my orderbook in the end.  so i artificially inflated the internal expectations at both these companies about what the demand was going to be going forward.

i consider myself a pretty rational actor and i knew if i was doing this that there were a great many of you doing the same thing.  thus, i told HashFast not to take cc's or paypal.  yes, it may decrease orders at the beginning but it will eliminate their internal volatility going into production.  they will be able to plan their expenses much more precisely. HashFast doesn't want fickle customers jumping in and out of the order queue causing all sorts of headache and hassle.  they want committed customers who really understand what they're doing and are willing to wait until the end of December at the latest before they request a refund.  

i really think one of those companies taking cc or paypal could undergo a walletectomy by having a darkhorse company like HashFast come out with a superior chip product.  yes, it may be just vaporware right now but tapeout is going to occur within a matter of days which is a significant milestone and they have additional plans in the works.

You're not really thinking clearly. Risk is a zero sum game.  Obviously it reduces the producers risk to have a no-refunds policy.

The problem is if you reduce the risk for the producer, you increase it for the consumer.  Increasing risk means you need a higher risk/reward ratio.

If you order a KnC instead of this you're essentially paying for a "put option" that actually costs nothing if you execute it. Plus, you might actually get your unit sooner, soon enough that it'll make more then the price difference anyway.

Whereas with this you're locked in.

The risk being a chip failure, production delays, as well as (most likely) insane diff.

Just out of curiosity, does HashFast have an estimate for what they think the diff will be when they ship?

if you'd read the thread, there are provisions to protect your investment.  i don't want to talk too much about it b/c it's not my place.  i'm going to encourage them to do so very soon.

All the "provisions" are internal, which could mean they could just ignore them, or run out of money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: