Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:16:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If they don't have Stocks Available " Please Don't Buy " "No More Pre Orders"  (Read 2984 times)
ionstorm

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:37:58 PM

rather than ban pre-orders, I think we need to educate the community that pre-orders are not as appealing and could end up in a negative roi.  I do think that established companies like BFL, Asicminer, Avalon can do away with the pre-order model and have a rolling always in stock order, disable ordering after stock is not available and re-enable ordering system when stock is replenished.  This would guarantee quick shipping times, less customer complaints, less legal issues and also improve companies reputations. 
pacojones

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:48:43 PM

rather than ban pre-orders, I think we need to educate the community that pre-orders are not as appealing and could end up in a negative roi.  I do think that established companies like BFL, Asicminer, Avalon can do away with the pre-order model and have a rolling always in stock order, disable ordering after stock is not available and re-enable ordering system when stock is replenished.  This would guarantee quick shipping times, less customer complaints, less legal issues and also improve companies reputations. 

I think that this whole pre-order SNAFU will sort itself out in the next 6 months - people who have lost money (myself included) have learned and those coming in behind us will be able to educate themselves.  Unless BTC hits an all time high, I think, no HOPE that pre-orders will be a thing of the past and (like you said) we'll be back to 'normal' online purchasing (in stock and available or out of stock, come back later).

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:51:25 PM

rather than ban pre-orders, I think we need to educate the community that pre-orders are not as appealing and could end up in a negative roi.  I do think that established companies like BFL, Asicminer, Avalon can do away with the pre-order model and have a rolling always in stock order, disable ordering after stock is not available and re-enable ordering system when stock is replenished.  This would guarantee quick shipping times, less customer complaints, less legal issues and also improve companies reputations.  

I think that this whole pre-order SNAFU will sort itself out in the next 6 months - people who have lost money (myself included) have learned and those coming in behind us will be able to educate themselves.  Unless BTC hits an all time high, I think, no HOPE that pre-orders will be a thing of the past and (like you said) we'll be back to 'normal' online purchasing (in stock and available or out of stock, come back later).

Basically just one whole clusterf*ck of a transitionary peiriod.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 05:46:59 PM

Only people who preorder will ever make money.

If there was a miner being sold that you could get right now and it was profitable, everyone would buy it, difficulty would rise and it would no longer be profitable.

Only people who take a risk and preorder will ever have a chance of making a profit from mining.

I think it's great that you are telling everyone not to pre-order. Thats means more for me!

It's a gamble, some pre-orders have worked out, some haven't

Pre-orders that were good ideas:

- Avalon Batch 1
- Early Jalapenos
- Avalon batch 2

Bad ideas:

- pretty much anything else from BFL
- Avalon batch 3
- probably Avalon chips, but too early to tell
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:19:32 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2013, 07:34:52 PM by Sitarow

If there was a miner being sold that you could get right now and it was profitable, everyone would buy it, difficulty would rise and it would no longer be profitable.

Only people who take a risk and preorder will ever have a chance of making a profit from mining.

I think it's great that you are telling everyone not to pre-order. Thats means more for me!

- Avalon Batch 1
- Early Jalapenos
- Avalon batch 2

Bad ideas:

- Avalon batch 3

don't forget scam pre-orders Smiley

What I think we need is some kind of community authenticated pre-order product check in order to at least set a % of risk as to persons Identity as well as other facts.

However unrealistic to expect, we have lacked transparency with respects manufactures claims. Thus far Bitfury has raised the bar for ASIC details proven prior to taking pre-orders..
Kuroth

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 06:27:12 PM

Agree

tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:44:43 PM

To be fair to eve at least they have nice and short and to the point posts and replies.  Far better than a lot of the windbags around here.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
eve (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:05:00 AM

Right on the best way to my message across. Don' Buy if they don't have any stocks.
eve (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:44:03 PM

- Avalon Batch 1
- Early Jalapenos
- Avalon batch 2

Bad ideas:

- Avalon batch 3

don't forget scam pre-orders Smiley

What I think we need is some kind of community authenticated pre-order product check in order to at least set a % of risk as to persons Identity as well as other facts.

However unrealistic to expect, we have lacked transparency with respects manufactures claims. Thus far Bitfury has raised the bar for ASIC details proven prior to taking pre-orders..

Yes Please avoid any Pre Orders, and if they don't have stocks please don't Buy, and if they don't accept credit cards please Don't Buy.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:46:32 PM

- Avalon Batch 1
- Early Jalapenos
- Avalon batch 2

Bad ideas:

- Avalon batch 3

Early Jalapenos were a terrible idea. People took 20 BTC worth of currency and spent it to wait 11 months and get 8 BTC back from mining.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:52:27 PM

It it doesn't hash already, with a screenshot posted, I ain't buyin'

Frigging ridiculous. Still waiting for my BFL order, and now the whole Avalon chip fiasco.

JohnyBigs

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:36:36 PM

So the real question is, if you don't want to pre-order, why are you pre-ordering?  If someone wants to pre-order, why do you care what someone else wants to do?

How are you forced to pre-order from any company?

Why do you feel compelled to want to control others in what they are able and allowed to do?

Preordering is a choice, not a requirement.  No one is required to preorder an ASIC.

Your business along with Avalons is dead. Shouldn't you be preparing for trial?
cryptograd

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:41:20 PM

Heh, however only those who preordered made a profit Smiley

actually... no

only avalon batch 1. that's it (and journalists who got their BFLs)

I have batch 2 Avalon that I received i June I made my money back in 5 days....

Ive been making money ever since. woke up today made more money

Liked something I said ->17ry6rrknqmQ2S1NRArzdrNMmG2Zk449AE
Most important bitcointalk post in history
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120184.msg1381739#msg1381739
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:44:29 PM

actually... no

shhhh. so did i.  don't tell them you paid with BTC and via a pre-order.
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 06:03:07 PM

actually... no

In dollar terms, my Jalapeños have already returned ~3.5x what I paid for them. They funded a K16 (which might have gone sideways) and a Bitfury starter kit (still mostly on track AFAIK). I almost have enough accumulated again to add another H-board to the Bitfury rig before it arrives.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
eve (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:58:22 AM

Butterfly are coming out with another new scams, Stay Away Don't Buy any Pre Orders because they Don't have stocks and they Don't Accept Credit Cards.
eve (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:25:39 AM

Be on the lookout for the shill and troll from hashfast and cointerra they will say all the positive things and hide the real facts.
eve (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:23:29 PM

Good to know many newbie got my message. Too much Risks and Scams buying pre order.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:31:11 PM

actually... no

I have one of the last Avalon Batch #2 (Feb 18) units shipped.  I expect break-even in 3 more weeks.

I try to be respectful and informed.
megvon

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:41:20 AM

actually... no

The Scary thought is not delivering on time. We need to have the Vendors to Guarantee Delivery on Time.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: