Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:56:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Satoshi Alive? Thread  (Read 35296 times)
Bitquux

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2011, 09:56:47 PM

People have lives.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 13, 2011, 10:00:22 PM

People have lives.

And anything could happen. Car accident, suicide, personal financial crisis, etc.

BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2011, 10:07:33 PM

People have lives.

And anything could happen. Car accident, suicide, personal financial crisis, etc.

In that case... is this site (website/forum/domain) then safe? A.k.a. who pays the bill?
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 13, 2011, 10:24:13 PM

this is a great thread because we all want to know what is up with the man with the master plan.  maybe something will budge.

He hasn't shown any life sign since december 15th. 

Winter break, perhaps?  Working on his thesis?  Or simply watching from another identity?  Or too busy coding to bother with the debate.  Perhaps he just decided to sell some of his bitcoin now that each is worth so much more than when he started, and felt he deserved a holiday to someplace warm.

You people worry too much.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2011, 10:25:53 PM

All satoshi need to do is say "I am alive!"

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 13, 2011, 10:29:29 PM

He would have to take the time to read this thread first. 

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
bittersweet

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2011, 10:31:58 PM

Fortunately Bitcoin works just fine without Satoshi.

My Bitcoin address: 1DjTsAYP3xR4ymcTUKNuFa5aHt42q2VgSg
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
January 13, 2011, 10:50:47 PM

In that case... is this site (website/forum/domain) then safe? A.k.a. who pays the bill?

Sirius runs the site's server. The domain doesn't expire until 2018.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304

View Profile
January 13, 2011, 11:19:55 PM

If Satoshi farts, would u guys smell it to determine if he is alive?  Sike!!!
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
January 14, 2011, 04:17:08 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2011, 10:28:07 AM by ShadowOfHarbringer

This is one of the stupidest thread of the century.

em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2011, 04:29:42 AM

Or if I wanted people to think falsely that I'm Satoshi and I'm trying to mislead them.

The funny thing is, each layer you add leads to the opposite conclusion:

Assertion: "Hey, I'm not Satoshi, otherwise I would know."

Reactions at:
Level 0 (naive): "That's right, this guy is not Satoshi, otherwise he would know."
Level 1 (smart): "This guy is playing the fool, so he's surely Satoshi" (your reaction)
Level 2 (defensive): "This guy wants us to think he's playing the fool so that our conclusion is he's Satoshi, which means he's not." (my counter-hypothesis above)
Level 3 (twisted): "This guy wants us to think he's not Satoshi by a level-2 manipulation, so he's Satoshi."
Level 4 (on crack, being paranoid): (etc.)

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

This is one of the stupidest threads of the century.

That's why you are on it, idiot!   Angry  Cheesy   Shocked  Cool   Cry

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
em3rgentOrdr

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2011, 01:29:43 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2011, 01:41:20 PM by em3rgentOrdr

I think we will have to start preparing for funeral expenses. Since kiba did not accept my nomination, I have taken the initiative to do so myself:

Please contribute to the "Friends of Satoshi Nakamoto, R.I.P. 19XX-2010" funeral fund:
1Aosrnd568Sh1PSXeCfBFgKYz6kBdv2awK

I am preparing a brief bio generated from what information I can find on the internet.  I have included an artist's rendering of what Satoshi is believed to have looked like below:

bio: "Satoshi Nakamoto was a pioneer in the frontier of crypto-anarchy.  Satoshi is most widely known for the creation and development of a cryptographic decentralized peer-to-peer digital currency, dubbed 'bitcoin', which uses a clever proof-of-work scheme to solve the infamous 'double-spending' problem without resorting to the use of a centralized authority.  The currency soon grew, with several millions of dollars worth of bitcoins currently in existence.  This, unfortunately, drew the attention of the authorities, namely governments and banks who felt threated by the erosion of their monopoly power over the issuance of currency and control over trade.  It is presumed that Satoshi was taken down in a raid on his home, due to the potential ability that bitcoin could be used to fund the whistle-blowing journalistic organization 'Wikileaks', which lost its main sources of income (PayPal, Visa, BoA, etc) after exposing government conspiracies and providing transparency to the US State Department's foreign affairs.  However, since bitcoin is a peer-to-peer currency, it will be able to continue to grow despite the death of its creator and spiritual leader, Satoshi Nakamoto."

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
January 14, 2011, 01:37:22 PM

Coming next:
- Is Satoshi a zombie ?
- Is Satoshi on crack ?
- Is Satoshi a super-intelligent animal ?
- Is Satoshi a superhero ?
- Is Satoshi lesbian ?
- Is Satoshi an A.I. ?

alowm

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2011, 04:07:11 PM

Coming next:
- Is Satoshi a zombie ?
- Is Satoshi on crack ?
- Is Satoshi a super-intelligent animal ?
- Is Satoshi a superhero ?
- Is Satoshi lesbian ?
- Is Satoshi an A.I. ?

I think the last is most probable, but it is probably more along the lines of Nicolas Bourbaki than an AI construct.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2011, 04:11:48 PM

I am preparing a brief bio generated from what information I can find on the internet.  I have included an artist's rendering of what Satoshi is believed to have looked like below:

WTF? That's my artwork! I think Satoshi is a male, not a girl.

em3rgentOrdr

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2011, 04:24:02 PM

WTF? That's my artwork! I think Satoshi is a male, not a girl.

Yes, that's your free low-resolution preview picture which I linked.  Here's the pay download: http://www.bitcoinservice.co.uk/files/77

Why do you think Satoshi is a male, not a girl?  You don't have any evidence!  You must have some precontrived notion about gender roles, and assume that Satoshi must be a male because you think girls are not as good at programming or cryptography.  I was simply using an artists public rendering, but I never used "he" or "she" in the bio, since I don't know.   Tongue

bittersweet

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2011, 04:28:01 PM

Why do you think Satoshi is a male, not a girl?  You don't have any evidence!  You must have some precontrived notion about gender roles, and assume that Satoshi must be a male because you think girls are not as good at programming or cryptography.  I was simply using an artists public rendering, but I never used "he" or "she" in the bio, since I don't know.   Tongue

Yeah, I prefer to imagine Satoshi is a hot girl Wink

My Bitcoin address: 1DjTsAYP3xR4ymcTUKNuFa5aHt42q2VgSg
ElectricGoat

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2011, 04:29:57 PM

Maybe he simply observed that among programmers who are competent in cryptography, there are few women. And that Satoshi seems to be a mostly male name, according to a quick google search.

However, since, on the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog, we shouldn't assume that Satoshi belongs to the human species.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2011, 04:39:47 PM

Why do you think Satoshi is a male, not a girl?  You don't have any evidence!  You must have some precontrived notion about gender roles, and assume that Satoshi must be a male because you think girls are not as good at programming or cryptography.  I was simply using an artists public rendering, but I never used "he" or "she" in the bio, since I don't know.   Tongue

And my artwork is of sub-par rendering! Give it time until I come up with something very good.

mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 14, 2011, 05:50:04 PM

He hasn't shown any life sign since december 15th.  We have good reasons to worry.

What is there to worry about?  On one hand, I understand concept of worrying, but on the other hand, some individuals from the established community may be able to take responsibility or initiative to take where satoshi has left off.  And if satoshi were to return, any updates initiated or responsibilized by the community can be pushed back to satoshi so that he may continue where the rest of the community has left off, and if satoshi deems that all or any of the updates from the community are not the direction he had anticipated for bitcoin, he can revert them at his discretion.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: