Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:27:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Satoshi Alive? Thread  (Read 35271 times)
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 10:30:47 AM

Actually, Satoshi is a robot sent from the future to stop the largest currency crisis in the history of mankind, and the nuclear war that followed the political chaos caused by it.

His name comes from joined names of Japanese corporations who created him, Samsung-Toshiba-Nakamichi-Motorola.
in 2075, these corporations formed a single huge megacorporation, in joined effort to perfect time travel technology.

After they successfully conducted first tests of Future-Vision Hyperdimensional Matrix™ in 2075, and got a glimpse 9 years into the future (2085), they saw the earth being destroyed by a nuclear disaster which was result of war caused by terrible worldwide economical crisis. They were devastated by the things they saw, and they completely commited all of their funds to developing time travel technology & building an intelligent robot which they can send into the past. That was necessary because a glitch in the Time Vortex Plasma-Based Bipulsary Manipulator™ caused any organic matter to be damaged when travelling through the vortex.

They created first working prototype of S.A.T.O.S.H.I. in 2083. Fortunately for us, in January 2084 a stable backward-aligned temporal vortex was created and Satoshi was successfully transported to set coordinates in the past.

And here we go, creating a better future for the mankind.

Where do i buy that book ?

Haven't finished it yet, but when Bitcoin becomes #1 world currency, i might sell screening rights to some movie studio.

The Bitcoin
The Bitcoin - Judgement Day
The Bitcoin - Rise Of The Machines
The Bitcoin - Salvation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Script

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 12:19:15 AM

Actually, Satoshi is a robot sent from the future to stop the largest currency crisis in the history of mankind, and the nuclear war that followed the political chaos caused by it.

His name comes from joined names of Japanese corporations who created him, Samsung-Toshiba-Nakamichi-Motorola.
in 2075, these corporations formed a single huge megacorporation, in joined effort to perfect time travel technology.

After they successfully conducted first tests of Future-Vision Hyperdimensional Matrix™ in 2075, and got a glimpse 9 years into the future (2085), they saw the earth being destroyed by a nuclear disaster which was result of war caused by terrible worldwide economical crisis. They were devastated by the things they saw, and they completely commited all of their funds to developing time travel technology & building an intelligent robot which they can send into the past. That was necessary because a glitch in the Time Vortex Plasma-Based Bipulsary Manipulator™ caused any organic matter to be damaged when travelling through the vortex.

They created first working prototype of S.A.T.O.S.H.I. in 2083. Fortunately for us, in January 2084 a stable backward-aligned temporal vortex was created and Satoshi was successfully transported to set coordinates in the past.

Haven't finished it yet, but when Bitcoin becomes #1 world currency, i might sell screening rights to some movie studio.

The Bitcoin
The Bitcoin - Salvation

It all sounds so......familiar.  Must be because of the messiness involved in time travel.  Time travel creates hyper-distortions in the time-space continuum causing people to have "deja-vus" of things that happened to them already in the future, but haven't happened yet in the present.  If that makes sense.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 01:43:15 AM

The Bitcoin
The Bitcoin - Salvation

It all sounds so......familiar.  Must be because of the messiness involved in time travel.  Time travel creates hyper-distortions in the time-space continuum causing people to have "deja-vus" of things that happened to them already in the future

Either that, or perhaps a glitch in the Matrix (have they started Windows Update again ?).

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2011, 02:01:42 AM

Quote: "Where do i buy that book ?"

It's not a book, it's a patch reversion reverting a patch made by the machines that resulted in a narrative now on the market and even franchised that is slightly different from that which we are now enacting...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
true

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 02:52:02 AM

This man speaks heresy. Samsung is a multinational corporation based in South Korea, not Japan.
LZ
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072

P2P Cryptocurrency

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 03:30:43 AM

It all sounds so......familiar.  Must be because of the messiness involved in time travel.  Time travel creates hyper-distortions in the time-space continuum causing people to have "deja-vus" of things that happened to them already in the future, but haven't happened yet in the present.  If that makes sense.

The Reality. It is a role-playing game. It can be of any nature, but most likely that it is turn based. You are not in the present. You are in the future. Always. You are never in the present. Here is only the Player in the present. You see everything. The Player sees only what is available to see on his level. You communicate with Others. The Player may only guess that he will do in the present. The player makes a turn. You already done it. You know all options. You are in the future. The distance from You to the Player is measured in the time. The Player's level is also determined by the distance in the time. If he goes in the right direction he levels up. He sees not only the present but also that You have seen. Déjà vu. But if he does not understand the game he sees less and less. And he may approach too closely to You. Blinding. The Game may be over. Think about this. However, You have already decided everything. It is your turn, the Player.

My OpenPGP fingerprint: 5099EB8C0F2E68C63B4ECBB9A9D0993E04143362
Anonymous

February 28, 2011, 10:47:14 AM

There is the possibility this is all a simulation run by advanced beings that are mining bitcoins in the future from their super effective bio-computers otherwise known as humans. This is why life gets harder as you go along untill finally your psu gives out.  Smiley

SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 02:05:25 PM

Maybe we should come to serious talking again.
I mean, has anyone seen any life sign of satoshi ?
Accidents happen all the time ...

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 02:29:06 PM

Accidents happen all the time ...

It's fairly clear that Satoshi planned this absence.

Before he became inactive, he asked Gavin to take over the build process. He also removed the part of the code that allowed him to send a PGP-signed message that would put Bitcoin clients into safe mode.

So I don't think Satoshi's absence is due to having met with an accident.

It would be quite OK if Satoshi has chosen to melt away into the background, and if his identity is never discovered. The idea of an invention as great as Bitcoin having been unleashed by an anonymous benefactor is quite cool.

It will lead to some great speculation in the future though. Is Satoshi Hal Finney? Is Satoshi Peter Gutmann? Is Satoshi Bruce Schneier? Is Satoshi Gavin Andreessen?
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 02:36:40 PM

Maybe it's you, ribuck Wink

Ok, so as I thought, his absence was planned.
So probably he's still alive. That's good.

But haven't he mentioned anything when he will come back ? Will he ever ?
And what were his intentions to go "undercover" ? Not a "leader person" ? Afraid of consequences ? Other projects/real life ?

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 02:58:43 PM

Maybe it's you, ribuck Wink

Ok, so as I thought, his absence was planned.
So probably he's still alive. That's good.

But haven't he mentioned anything when he will come back ? Will he ever ?
And what were his intentions to go "undercover" ? Not a "leader person" ? Afraid of consequences ? Other projects/real life ?

Oh come on, what a weird question.
I would say there is 99,999999999999% probability that he is browsing this forum under a different name, and very probably posting & making discussions.

I mean what creator would resign completely from watching his creation grow ?
After some time passes, he surely will show up and start developing Bitcoin himself again under different credentials.

The point is, the guy just wants some privacy. And this is good, because that shows clearly that it's not the fame he is after, but ideals. IMHO we should respect that and leave his identity alone.

ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 03:03:08 PM

Of course now you may be thinking that I'm "undercover Satoshi" or something (because i defend his right of privacy/anonymity), but i assure you I am not.

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 03:06:04 PM

Of course now you may be thinking that I'm "undercover Satoshi" or something (because i defend his right of privacy/anonymity), but i assure you I am not.
Nice try, Satoshi.
sanjay

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2011, 03:24:12 PM

I thought everyone knew that Satoshi was Christopher Poole?
carp

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 04:17:14 PM

I am spartu....er satoshi.
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 04:45:18 PM

Verbal Kint is Satoshi.

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2011, 04:48:55 PM

Nice try, Satoshi.
Yup. that's exactly what Satoshi would say.

That said, I love the mysterious benefactor thing.

Satoshi could even be bill gates, distraught over being such a dick in the software world and wanting to do something anonymous to make the world a better place, or a reclusive genius who doesn't want publicity, or a benevolent alien from the galactic council sent to usher us into a new age of peace, so we'll finally be ready to join them. Wink

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Anonymous

February 28, 2011, 04:53:00 PM

Nice try, Satoshi.
Yup. that's exactly what Satoshi would say.

That said, I love the mysterious benefactor thing.

Satoshi could even be bill gates, distraught over being such a dick in the software world and wanting to do something anonymous to make the world a better place, or a reclusive genius who doesn't want publicity, or a benevolent alien from the galactic council sent to usher us into a new age of peace, so we'll finally be ready to join them. Wink
Meh, Bill Gates is too deluded in his choice of philanthropy to make something as open and capitalistic as Bitcoin.
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 05:02:53 PM

Meh, Bill Gates is too deluded in his choice of philanthropy to make something as open and capitalistic as Bitcoin.

It's the perfect cover. Mr. Gates actually invented Bitcoin in 1974 or 1975, and had to build a business empire to build his cover story. And there was that whole no Internet thing, too.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 05:45:17 PM

Satoshi is actually Midas Mulligan, a wealthy banker who mysteriously disappeared in protest after he was given a court order to lend money to an incompetent applicant.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: