Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:07:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guys please no more talk of Bitcoin better than gold  (Read 26190 times)
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:19:59 AM

Each thing is a thing to itself. If you say btc will replace gold you are saying btc will replace all metals of value. It
Makes no sense. Will Bitcoin replace bonds cause btc can have a higher yield. Remember, some day btc is replacing tulips at the moment. Open your minds a bit more and realize btc is not the end all be all. I love it, and have quite a bit, but I also have a safe full of gold. They are two separate entities, at one point it was confiscated from the people of the us and was illegal to hold. Those of you who keep saying this make me think you are not diversified and it's not always a good idea so stop this stupid gold comparison

You can't stop people from comparing bitcoins with anything, dude
especially for gold, I agree that these are two different intensities and not relevant to be a comparison.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
logisticalmother

Activity: 299
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:22:20 AM

some countries only consider bitcoin as a commodity and it is very natural if they compare bitcoin with gold, but in that entity it is different and bitcoin is more appropriate if it is included in stock assets, namely currency / forex. whatever the comparison is very clear that bitcoin has its own world and if it is regulated officially they will be connected to a comparison with fiat.
nambunamba

Activity: 378

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:26:34 AM

Each thing is a thing to itself. If you say btc will replace gold you are saying btc will replace all metals of value. It
Makes no sense. Will Bitcoin replace bonds cause btc can have a higher yield. Remember, some day btc is replacing tulips at the moment. Open your minds a bit more and realize btc is not the end all be all. I love it, and have quite a bit, but I also have a safe full of gold. They are two separate entities, at one point it was confiscated from the people of the us and was illegal to hold. Those of you who keep saying this make me think you are not diversified and it's not always a good idea so stop this stupid gold comparison
Yes i do consider bitcoin and gold are a different investments and bitcoin is a bitcoin no matter what you see it, stop compering them and believe in bitcoin if you think its good is a good think to do.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
shafi alam

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:17:32 PM

This things are totally different subjects, but People try to compare with one another. 
Bitcoin is bitcoin and gold is gold.

If you have to compare with bitcoin with something then compare with some relevant thing like Ethereum vs bitcoin.   
shafi alam

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:19:54 PM

You can't stop people from comparing bitcoins with anything, dude
especially for gold, I agree that these are two different intensities and not relevant to be a comparison.

I think those people have no sense about crypto, by this people get ruined this market.   
Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:54:47 PM

I agree! People should really stop saying that bitcoin is better than gold for a reason that first of all bitcoin does not created to replace the gold. It was made to help people with their financial needs and status. Bitcoin and gold is a two different thing and each of them have their own value and purpose for every individuals. No one is great or better between them so stop the stigma of comparing the two.

Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:29:51 PM

All individuals here are free to express what they want to give an opinion. Now, comparing things into other things perhaps is unavoidable and cannot be change too. Though, Gold was already ancient actually, its been a thousand of years being used by the people while Bitcoin is only close for a decade but in just a matter of short period its surpassed the value of Gold.
ufalo3

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 03:01:40 AM

Both gold and bitcoin have a number of advantages. Fortunately, you don't have to choose one. Or study both of these types of investments and decide what is for you is a great benefit. I for example, choose bitcoin. With it, you can earn faster.

You cannot compare gold and cryptocurrency. The precious metal is something material. You can touch it, wear it or place on the shelf but in most cases, it will not bring you the profit. The crypto is virtual money but it can let you earn.
BAGOBO
Legendary

Activity: 1163
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 07:15:19 AM

Why not we have stop talking bitcoin is better than gold, look how much profit you can take by holding gold for one month and try for holding or invest your money at bitcoin, you can see more profitable holding or invest at bitcoin than gold.
My experience in investing in gold and bitcoin is that gold is superior in security and the selling value is stable while the bitcoin security system is less guarantee and the value can change every time. so everyone can provide benefits depending on how to manage investment places. if managed properly and thoroughly I am sure you will succeed. I personally prefer investment in Bitcoin.
Market-desi

Activity: 202
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 07:24:07 AM

but now there are many people in my place who prefer to invest in gold, bro. Their reasoning is that the price of bitcoin is now falling sharply. and there are no signs to immediately rise again. towards the highest price that Bitcoin has ever achieved before ..

🏦 PointPay 🏦
⚡️ Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING ⚡️
➡️ https://pointpay.io ⬅️
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 08:00:37 AM

This I think depends on each an everyone perspection. To some it might ve bitcoin why some might be gold. But I must say that both of them have its own relevance and importance.
Gold has been for a very long time, bitcoin is just coming into extinction. If proper measure is taken, I can say it can surpass Gold. And I can also say that Gold will be forever and wouldn't depreciate for never.
BuyBuyBitcoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 29

Get Maximalist or Get Wrecked

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 08:12:23 AM

It stores value better than gold though.

It's designed specifically to store value better than fiat, gold or any asset class.

It transfers easier than gold.

It's cleaner to mine than gold.

It's scarcity is predictable, unlike gold.

Fake gold can be sold easier than fake bitcoin could.

Bitcoin is better than gold, sorry.

Avoiding ICO's and Shitcoins | Finding where people can Buy Bitcoin Around the World.
BillieCrypt

Activity: 223

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:08:45 PM

Gold is not just a valuable asset that is highly traded on exchanges, it is also a metal that is widely used in various fields. Bitcoin is just a digital means of payment, so the value of gold is higher.
Baser

Activity: 658
Merit: 280

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:25:23 PM

Gold is gold, Bitcoin is Bitcoin Smiley No need for such a comparison.
I think the new investors are very excited. It is better to tell the gold of the virtual world.
Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 10:26:02 PM

that is the opinion of people, so it's okay if they think that Bitcoin is better than gold. to be honest, I thought so too, that Bitcoin is better than gold because the rise in Bitcoin valuations in the past 5 years is much faster than gold, so I don't think there is a problem if I consider Bitcoin better than gold  Grin

wormgummy019

Activity: 328

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 08:26:07 PM

I feel discombobulated for people comparing gold to bitcoin. They have characteristics that is unique and maybe some of them has also similarities. But sometimes we cant stop ourselves thinking about something like this. Bitcoin is a lot better than gold and some of you gives an idea why is it better and how come. We cant expect people to stop giving their own thoughts about this.
coinhunt

Activity: 138
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 05:56:29 PM

Both gold and Bitcoin are attractive for making investments. Gold will keep its position, while Bitcoin will gain more and more trust as we're mobing to further digitalization. There are no talks about Bitcoin replacing gold. They are reliable in different ways.
Sobocirevo

Activity: 72

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 10:39:19 AM

Why not we have stop talking bitcoin is better than gold, look how much profit you can take by holding gold for one month and try for holding or invest your money at bitcoin, you can see more profitable holding or invest at bitcoin than gold.
In 2017 holding bitcoin is more profitable than gold, because the profits obtained are very large. But 2018 is better at holding gold because the price of bitcoin has dropped dramatically. For 2019, in my opinion, it is better for bitcoin investment, because prices will rise so that the profits obtained are greater than gold investments. Because the increase in gold is very little, so it does not appeal to speculators.
karashika0577
Copper Member

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 02:05:18 PM

You said right, I agree with you that now we should stop compare bitcoin with gold. It simply means that the standard or price of everything is fixed which is for example. While we compare bitcoin with gold due to our mentality. Today the cost of bitcoin is low, while in the coming time it can be more than gold.

Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
Pre-sale on Aug, 1
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 02:28:21 PM

that is the opinion of people, so it's okay if they think that Bitcoin is better than gold. to be honest, I thought so too, that Bitcoin is better than gold because the rise in Bitcoin valuations in the past 5 years is much faster than gold, so I don't think there is a problem if I consider Bitcoin better than gold  Grin
in my opinion, bitcoin is no better than gold because the value of gold can be stable and the value of bitcoin can change at any time which will affect the selling value. I think bitcoin is good when bitcoin prices rise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: