Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:38:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guys please no more talk of Bitcoin better than gold  (Read 26190 times)
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:35:07 PM

They both are measured based on their market value and of course fiat. So I think in most cases there will certainly be a comparison to both of them. Thru how easy they can hoard it to how much profit they had from it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:17:52 PM

Bitcoin is not supposed to replace gold. Gold as a store of value will remain valuable forever and bitcoin can be valuable too. Bitcoin and gold are not competing with each other. Gold is an old thing which all the people trust it. Also, bitcoin will  be always valuable given the technology and its limited supply.
kenel

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:07:26 PM

perhaps you are right, but only for a certain time more suitable new inventions than the old ones. nobody ever said that a horse is worse, but at the moment the best way to travel in comfortable conditions for it
Tetutu

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:19:51 PM

Yes, I agree with your point. Everyone should stop gold savers with BTC or Fiat because of the nature of each different. Simple BTC is a digital coin developed on the basis of blockchain technology. So the application is another for the future.
Comparing bitcoin to gold is certainly not right, because gold has been known since ancient Egypt, while bitcoin is only 10 years old. Gold is an item that people are looking for because it is physical, while bitcoin is not physical because it is digital. So it can be concluded, gold is still better than bitcoin and is safer because the price changes are not as drastic as bitcoin.
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:32:08 PM

Yes, I agree with your point. Everyone should stop gold savers with BTC or Fiat because of the nature of each different. Simple BTC is a digital coin developed on the basis of blockchain technology. So the application is another for the future.
Comparing bitcoin to gold is certainly not right, because gold has been known since ancient Egypt, while bitcoin is only 10 years old. Gold is an item that people are looking for because it is physical, while bitcoin is not physical because it is digital. So it can be concluded, gold is still better than bitcoin and is safer because the price changes are not as drastic as bitcoin.
You can compare gold to bitcoin because both can be used as a currency. The fact that bitcoin is much younger than gold doesn't make any difference as for example horses were around for thousands of years, but cars replaced them even though cars were around for just a few hundred years. Volatility doesn't make bitcoin unsafe as well, as long as there's no security breaches in bitcoin it is a safe currency. If you value your wealth in bitcoin and not in some shitty fiat, then you definitely don't care about volatility that much.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Louis Jackson

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 01:28:55 PM

Gold can be used in many fields such as electronics and jewelry. The value of gold is real, so gold becomes a valuable asset. Bitcoin is of real value, but Bitcoin's price is too high. real. Bitcoin is used as a payment solution with the ability to perform 7 transactions per second and transaction costs are quite high
Brigalabdis

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:38:39 PM

Each thing is a thing to itself. If you say btc will replace gold you are saying btc will replace all metals of value. It
Makes no sense. Will Bitcoin replace bonds cause btc can have a higher yield. Remember, some day btc is replacing tulips at the moment. Open your minds a bit more and realize btc is not the end all be all. I love it, and have quite a bit, but I also have a safe full of gold. They are two separate entities, at one point it was confiscated from the people of the us and was illegal to hold. Those of you who keep saying this make me think you are not diversified and it's not always a good idea so stop this stupid gold comparison

Basically we all have different perspective, sometimes we compare other things because the thing is they never meet or exceed our own expectations, as you can see specifically is that the gold is better etc, and when btc explode , btc is better or vice versa. But on the other hand you are right because what is the main , like why we tend to compare others , instead of comparing how about , just throw a positive vibe , like i know sooner or later both btc and gold will be better something like that though. And also it's for my perspective only, and i drop a link so that, you know it can expand to those readers that are getting baffled.

: https://cointelegraph.com/news/big-differences-between-gold-and-bitcoin-according-to-world-gold-counci

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:01:55 PM

Each thing is a thing to itself. If you say btc will replace gold you are saying btc will replace all metals of value. It
Makes no sense. Will Bitcoin replace bonds cause btc can have a higher yield. Remember, some day btc is replacing tulips at the moment. Open your minds a bit more and realize btc is not the end all be all. I love it, and have quite a bit, but I also have a safe full of gold. They are two separate entities, at one point it was confiscated from the people of the us and was illegal to hold. Those of you who keep saying this make me think you are not diversified and it's not always a good idea so stop this stupid gold comparison
Nothing is replacing anything here in the world,not fiat,not gold or not even the system because bitcoin and all the cryptocurrencies are here not to make problem or competitions but to help everything in transacting and payments.this is the motive of satoshi when he created the blockchain and the bitcoin.so lets stop this bullshit nonsense talking and move on,make this a better place again like what it used in the past
hoddddler
Copper Member

Activity: 53

Crypto24Radio.com 🎧 🎤 🎸

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:56:50 PM

I don't think it will replace gold.. it will first replace fiat. Also, you can't make a nice necklace or a ring out of Bitcoin  Grin

✅ News ✅ Interviews ✅ Podcast ✅ Music ✅ 24/7 👉 www.Crypto24Radio.com
nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:09:58 PM

Even your motive were right still you cannot deny the fact that everyone have the freedom to express what they think right opinion according to what they grasp from the past or even in the present. Although you were right by saying that gold and bitcoin are different from each other but still you cannot stop the people all over the world about what you've concern.
Marial Carter

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:20:04 PM

Gold is a true physical property that you can see with your own eyes or satisfy the weight of a gold bar in your hand. When you own gold, gold is still gold. You also do not have to depend on the Internet. Another difference of the gold is that it has been used as a place to store value for thousands of years. A gold coin is still in your pocket whatever happens.
Meanwhile, bitcoin is nothing but a line of code that exists anywhere on the Internet. You can not handle it, you can not cast the bitcoin into your pocket. If you lose the code, you will lose bitcoin
samsul1234

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 04:28:49 PM

lol, I agree with you that bitcoin will never replace gold, bitcoin is just an exchange currency and not an asset, bitcoin is the value of an example of people there

rishad quraishi

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:14:33 PM

I agree totally. Both gold and bitcoin has their own value and prescriptive. None can be replaced by either of them. Gold is an ancient asset till today and has a great interest and value which never gets reduced. But in case of bitcoin, it's a new thing and have a great current interest and value but can't tell about future. But future of gold I can tell is, it was always gold and will be gold like today. Actually for today they both are gold with a high value which makes them assets until bitcoins bitter of sweeter future comes. You never know what comes in the future.
TentallyMooN

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:23:00 PM

Maybe you are right. It is not necessary to focus all your attention on Bitcoin alone, there are many other interesting things. But still, in our time, when Bitcoin is just beginning to gain momentum, I think we should pay close attention to it.
TentallyMooN

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:24:22 PM

I agree totally. Both gold and bitcoin has their own value and prescriptive. None can be replaced by either of them. Gold is an ancient asset till today and has a great interest and value which never gets reduced. But in case of bitcoin, it's a new thing and have a great current interest and value but can't tell about future. But future of gold I can tell is, it was always gold and will be gold like today. Actually for today they both are gold with a high value which makes them assets until bitcoins bitter of sweeter future comes. You never know what comes in the future.
Therefore, the most ideal option is to own both gold and bitcoin. So as not to be mistaken with the choice Wink
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:51:04 PM

Gold can be compare to bitcoin in some area, both bitcoin and gold can be use as a store of value and their price appreciate over time, but they possess different mode transaction and speed i.e bitcoin can easily be transfer to someone in any part of the world within few seconds but gold will take time before it gets to the second party.
strideynet

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:29:56 PM

in our time, I believe that due to mobility and ease of use, because it allows you to use it without losing the properties of gold
Udrujec

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:53:14 PM

I think you are right and there is no need to compare these two radically different investments. In addition, you can invest in gold and bitcoin. Both of these options are quite profitable.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
tiktak89

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:20:15 PM

Both gold and bitcoin have a number of advantages. Fortunately, you don't have to choose one. Or study both of these types of investments and decide what is for you is a great benefit. I for example, choose bitcoin. With it, you can earn faster.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pyr3x

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:38:32 PM

Gold has one big plus - it is material and time-tested. This gives it a major advantage over bitcoins. As for the rest, investing in cryptocurrency seems to me much more promising. Therefore, the bulk of my money is concentrated in it.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: