Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:23:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC + all your official papers being stolen and traded  (Read 1687 times)
rarg

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 12:55:10 AM

Yeah, I hate the KYC thing in Crypto. Crypto should be anonymous.
Even today a bounty campaign requires KYC. This is ridiculous.

vuanhquan

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:57:55 AM

I just sent KYC to the big trading floors and projects that I really trust.
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:58:24 AM

Be very careful sending in your passports and govt id's for KYC.  Your 1 scam project away from having your identity stolen for god knows what on an international level.  

Also look very closely at the "projects" asking for this.  One of the major points of crypto is to be anonymous.  Do not give this up.  If you keep sending in your "papers" to strangers you will get burnt eventually.

Think about what the authorities will say to you when your identity has been stolen.  They are going to ask why in the world you would give your personal info like this to a stranger on the internet.  It makes no sense on any basic level to give your info out like this.

JPMOGAN does not even ask us for this level of identification when opening an account.

Think about it please.

If we all deny the KYC projects this invasive procedure will go away.

To anyone who has been giving your passport online you had better get a service to help protect you from identity theft as you have handed your most personal of information to complete strangers you do not know.  They can use your passport for any reason including terrorist acts.

Imagine the terrorist cells starting a project and getting all the FOMO warriors passports because they got in such a rush and turned off their brain.  Now you have real problems.

Good luck guys.

I believe you are referring to JPMORGAN not JPMOGAN.

Anyway, you are wrong and actually banks ask you for identification when you open an account with them. Further, they may be less strict because they can easily identify you are who you say you are by looking straight at your face (while you are physically at the bank) which is something they cannot do when you are doing things online. Use common sense before posting non-sense. There are lots of legitimate KYC institutions out there.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
salita23

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:05:09 AM

Be very careful sending in your passports and govt id's for KYC.  Your 1 scam project away from having your identity stolen for god knows what on an international level. 

Also look very closely at the "projects" asking for this.  One of the major points of crypto is to be anonymous.  Do not give this up.  If you keep sending in your "papers" to strangers you will get burnt eventually.

Think about what the authorities will say to you when your identity has been stolen.  They are going to ask why in the world you would give your personal info like this to a stranger on the internet.  It makes no sense on any basic level to give your info out like this.

JPMOGAN does not even ask us for this level of identification when opening an account.

Think about it please.

To anyone who has been giving your passport online you had better get a service to help protect you from identity theft as you have handed your most personal of information to complete strangers you do not know.  They can use your passport for any reason including terrorist acts.

Imagine the terrorist cells starting a project and getting all the FOMO warriors passports because they got in such a rush and turned off their brain.  Now you have real problems.

Good luck guys.

Thank you for the good tips and information about KYC sir. I appreciate this kind of topic to enhance my knowledge about crypto as a newbie. This is good for us to be aware of this kind of strategy to use our profile.
curnez88888

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:06:22 PM

If authorities demand the ICO to make disclosure to the identity of its customers,the ICO can't refuse. If you have traded on a bigger exchange before,you probably can't enjoy the service in full without kyc.
sjadn12912999

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:28:29 PM

It's troubling when one looks at the recent developments in the cryptocurrency industry things like KYC it leaves one wondering where the anonymity of cryptocurrencies really lies. If we all hand in our documents just to take part in ico, what then does cryptocurrency really stand for. It's worth looking into finally.
Notmine

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:31:31 PM

For most backers of ICO judge Know Your Customer is ridiculous for an small-scale investment and a  unreasonable burden with undeniable risks.
f12345

Activity: 90

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:33:09 PM

Yikes this is very very scary. Do you know of reported cases of such info leak or just speculating it is possible?
obility

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:38:40 PM

Yeah you are right, but I guess the main why they collect KYC is because of regulations, you want to invest in their token sales and they require you to attest that you got your money in a good way and not a money laundry .
lena1

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:21:44 AM

Absolutely agree, you can not send your documents to these dubious companies, from which these documents miraculously disappear!
PROFIT_REVIEW

Activity: 81

“The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content”

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:02:12 PM

What do you think can be done with your passport details without you? Without your personal presence, a copy of your documents can not be used anywhere. And terrorists do not need to do this.

W E M A R K   ❱ ❱❱   https://www.wemark.com/
Blockchain-based marketplace for digital content
Jack_Sin

Activity: 548
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:09:39 PM

I've been using KYC on some ICO projects that require KYC verification to receive tokens from bounty, I'm very worried about having sent personal data to others and hopefully they do not abuse other people's personal data
solkemyu

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:28:59 PM

This is a genuine risk, particularly if the undertaking is a trick. Notwithstanding for genuine undertakings, there's as yet the likelihood of the site getting hacked and all your data could be utilized for unlawful/deceitful exercises. It is best to not present any records but rather once in a while you must choose between limited options, for example a significant number of the best trades expects archives to get your record confirmed.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:39:36 PM

Be very careful sending in your passports and govt id's for KYC.  Your 1 scam project away from having your identity stolen for god knows what on an international level. 

Also look very closely at the "projects" asking for this.  One of the major points of crypto is to be anonymous.  Do not give this up.  If you keep sending in your "papers" to strangers you will get burnt eventually.

Think about what the authorities will say to you when your identity has been stolen.  They are going to ask why in the world you would give your personal info like this to a stranger on the internet.  It makes no sense on any basic level to give your info out like this.

Think about it please.

To anyone who has been giving your passport online you had better get a service to help protect you from identity theft as you have handed your most personal of information to complete strangers you do not know.  They can use your passport for any reason including terrorist acts.

Imagine the terrorist cells starting a project and getting all the FOMO warriors passports because they got in such a rush and turned off their brain.  Now you have real problems.

Good luck guys.

As you speak I was wary about this "KYC" procedure and how they are handle the data from the users Like my situation I was participated in numerous ICO and I was send my personal data this particular time that greediness is almost eat us all how can we sure that our data is safe this questions are valid and needs also a valid answer.
sussan

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 04:42:04 PM

This is actually my biggest concern about KYC verification. The possibility of using passports for crime and then spend time and money trying to be proved innocent. I tell this to my friends a lot.
All this passport could be used to even rig elections or perform transactions, but crime would still be the worst nightmare.
I did KYC once and I'm so done with that
It doesnt make sense

Shoutout to the people who send in fake ID, they turned out to be the safe ones
ivanleon

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:47:56 PM

It would seem that KYC is provided for the benefit of users, but within the ICO it is a very bad idea. I do not think that by financing the ICO you commit any crime and you need to know your personal data. Within the current large platform KYC is appropriate. But this is just my opinion)
mrkimvanan1

Activity: 130
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:55:54 PM

Think about it please.

Good luck guys.

That's comments or. Good, very supportive of you. Can hardly solve all the problems. 1 side do not want to lose identity into the hands of hackers, 1 side do not want to cheat from doing bounty. Why don't we think of 1 project management of the KYC. And security them 1 how safe shy

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ARAW ▬▬▬▬▬▬
The Decentralised Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
(http://arawtoken.io)
Funmmi2

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 05:26:51 PM

Thank you so much for this wake up call, about two months ago I stumbled on a site  https://icosid.com .The purpose was for ICO startups  to adopt the company as a middle man for verifying kyc to save  both participants and the ICO dev from the kyc stress. This  indeed could put users of the Platform identity in  jeopardy. The kyc process has been abused, I avoid any ICO with kyc I'd rather wait for the coin on the exchange. Caution is key!
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:03:19 PM

Some projects introduce the KYC, so that there are no bounty campaign participants who immediately sell their tokens. But I am absolutely against the KYC.

GoodHounter

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:09:09 PM

the fact that anonymity is broken - I agree. but it is a personal matter to send or not your data. I do not support KYC but when they say that you need to register to get the award after completion of work - nothing is left as it is necessary to pass KYC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: