Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:49:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HSRMINER Neoscrypt Fork by Justaminer - New Version!  (Read 13352 times)
darkneorus

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:47:09 AM

Crashing quietly on the rest of the machines and throwing access violation exception in event log. No root cause yet.
yup, same issue here. the miner crashes silently right after showing logo.
Just_a_miner (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:39:57 AM

Anyone know how to get this working with Awesome miner? what is the API compatible with?

Choose ccminer Api, I'll add info to the 1st msg.

I tried using this but it starts and crashes before connecting anywhere. I'm using same launch options as for hsrminer so that couldn't be the problem?

No difference using -b 0 or not.

Any idea what might be the problem? I didn't try the earlier version as I couldn't find it. Thanks,

Can you please provide full cmd line you are using (just remove wallet/pass)? It can be some bug during options parsing, I will try to reproduce it on my rig.

Tried on a few of my rigs. Worked fine on one with 8x EVGA 1070 FTW showing ~10% better rates compared to KlausT 8.19.

Crashing quietly on the rest of the machines and throwing access violation exception in event log. No root cause yet.

Will try it with Awesome Miner now...

Awesome Miner works fine with my fork, I just need to tune "threads" and "hwinfo" commands some more, so they will show fan rpm.

As for crashes, can you provide more info? OS version you are using? Any AV, like Windows Defender? My AV randomly (sometimes at start with option like --help, sometimes only when I actually try to connect to pool with -o) blocks access to file as it do with original hsrminer, because AV detects it as "bitcoin miner", so I have to add folder with miner to exception list.

More info please, OS version, AV on/off, cmd line parameters you are using?

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
proteus7

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:05:20 AM

One more major issue. It won't run at all with Titan XP cards. My 1080ti rig works fine, but TitanXP just ends the program. The original HSRminer had a similar issue. No idea why, TitanXP=fully enabled 1080TI (with 12gb vs 11 and no crippled SM).

Anyone know how to get this working with Awesome miner? what is the API compatible with?

Choose ccminer Api, I'll add info to the 1st msg.

I tried using this but it starts and crashes before connecting anywhere. I'm using same launch options as for hsrminer so that couldn't be the problem?

No difference using -b 0 or not.

Any idea what might be the problem? I didn't try the earlier version as I couldn't find it. Thanks,

Can you please provide full cmd line you are using (just remove wallet/pass)? It can be some bug during options parsing, I will try to reproduce it on my rig.

Tried on a few of my rigs. Worked fine on one with 8x EVGA 1070 FTW showing ~10% better rates compared to KlausT 8.19.

Will try it with Awesome Miner now...

Awesome Miner works fine with my fork, I just need to tune "threads" and "hwinfo" commands some more, so they will show fan rpm.

As for crashes, can you provide more info? OS version you are using? Any AV, like Windows Defender? My AV randomly (sometimes at start with option like --help, sometimes only when I actually try to connect to pool with -o) blocks access to file as it do with original hsrminer, because AV detects it as "bitcoin miner", so I have to add folder with miner to exception list.

More info please, OS version, AV on/off, cmd line parameters you are using?

stevascha

Activity: 312
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:07:02 AM

need more feedback, i will watch development closely

cheers

YENTEN - YescryptR16 - NO PREMINE - ASIC RESISTANT - WALLET MINING - COMMUNITY MANAGED - ADULT MALES
Yenten is a Japanese cryptocurrency of the cpu, by the cpu, for the cpu.
No ASIC. ASIC is for girls and kids. Join us!
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:56:18 PM

One more major issue. It won't run at all with Titan XP cards. My 1080ti rig works fine, but TitanXP just ends the program. The original HSRminer had a similar issue. No idea why, TitanXP=fully enabled 1080TI (with 12gb vs 11 and no crippled SM).

Sadly there is no source code available and it will be very hard to solve this problem without it. I'm already doing very hard work - add missing options/features to binary file of hsrminer. Anyway I will try to investigate the issue but it will take time.

cheers

Feel free to ask any questions. What options from ccminer would you like to be added to this fork?

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
UselessGuru

Activity: 200

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:20:49 PM

Thanks for the hack!
Feel free to ask any questions. What options from ccminer would you like to be added to this fork?

Make API fully compatible with Ccminer, also allow long parameters with --paramname=value, e.g. --api-bind=4000 instead of -b 4000 (Then we can use it for NiceHashMinerLegacy :-)

Co-developer of www.nemosminer.com (http://www.nemosminer.com)
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:31:27 PM

Make API fully compatible with Ccminer, also allow long parameters with --paramname=value, e.g. --api-bind=4000 instead of -b 4000 (Then we can use it for NiceHashMinerLegacy :-)

Ok, long parameters can be added. From quick look at NHML source code, it uses API command "summary" - do you need full ccminer-compatibility with this command?

UselessGuru

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:35:42 PM

Ok, long parameters can be added. From quick look at NHML source code, it uses API command "summary" - do you need full ccminer-compatibility with this command?

I do not know if it is required, but if you can implement it that will be even better.

ap0stol

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:40:16 AM

After some hours of mining with expected hashrate i see decreases of hashrate. Restarting miner solve problem.
I.e.  i have 1450 kH/s and after some hours it's decrease to 1300-1380...
UselessGuru

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:02:37 AM

After some hours of mining with expected hashrate i see decreases of hashrate.

This has been reported elsewhere.

stevascha

Activity: 312

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:09:07 AM

Sadly there is no source code available and it will be very hard to solve this problem without it. I'm already doing very hard work - add missing options/features to binary file of hsrminer. Anyway I will try to investigate the issue but it will take time.

cheers

sure, for now i only observe the development Smiley

YENTEN - YescryptR16 - NO PREMINE - ASIC RESISTANT - WALLET MINING - COMMUNITY MANAGED - ADULT MALES
Yenten is a Japanese cryptocurrency of the cpu, by the cpu, for the cpu.
No ASIC. ASIC is for girls and kids. Join us!
CreamyG31337

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:46:39 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 04:12:42 AM by CreamyG31337

if you want it to be compatible properly with ccminer command line so that awesomeminer can set the pool info automatically, please let it ignore the " -a neoscrypt" and not exit.
actually it just exits even without that, so i guess you broke something.

BTC tip jar: bc1qtepyll2c9fkn67wpnhunclw4mf39nc2jx79zdh
Zaffor

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:07:38 PM

any way to get sniffdogminer to use this instead of ccminer klaust?
sabercrypto

Activity: 181

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:00:44 PM

very suspicious full of newbie member giving feedbacks
valalav

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:15:08 PM

I am also a newbie, and i am also using this fork. Not because I'm greedy, but because there is no unnecessary disconnects. Also i am using autoit script. Add 2 pools. Unimining and altminer. I think that I have nothing to lose, thank you to the author!

Sorry for my bad english.
CreamyG31337

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:30:14 AM

what's your point? even the dev says to run it at your own risk and not put your wallet on the same computer.

sniffdogminer is a bunch of open source scripts on github that anyone could easily modify to do whatever they want. So yes.

BTC tip jar: bc1qtepyll2c9fkn67wpnhunclw4mf39nc2jx79zdh
Diuscom

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:29:11 AM

Good work!
No problem with restart!
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:10:06 PM

Thanks for feedback, guys!

if you want it to be compatible properly with ccminer command line so that awesomeminer can set the pool info automatically, please let it ignore the " -a neoscrypt" and not exit.
actually it just exits even without that, so i guess you broke something.

New version will be released in 1-2 days, testing it right now. About compatibility with different miner's managment programs - hsrminer, either original one or my fork mines only Neoscrypt algo. Option -a (--algo) will work in new version of my fork, but for obvious reasons only for compatibility, because algo will be always =neoscrypt.  Also there can be some problem with color logo of hsrminer, some managers (for example NiceHashMinerLegacy) scans miner's output during benchmark and it seems that it can't handle color codes and just kills miner process.

I've tried new version with -a option with Awesominer, it works fine. I've created managed miner, pool, set miner's pool to just created one and started miner - no problem, miner ran just fine.

if you are going to mine neoscrypt algo only - then yes. You probably should just rename .exe file from hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe to ccminer.exe and replace original ccminer. Try it after I will release new version and feedback please.

I think there are a lot of new miners. And most legendary forum members have retired and are chilling on their own private islands bought with btc mined back in 2009  Grin
On a serious note there can be antivirus detections like "bitcoin miner" or "trojan bitcoin miner" as 1) it is miner and 2) it is packed with good packer/protector - same one as legendary Claymore use for his dual AMD+GPU ETH miner. His miner also has been instantly deleted by my antivirus as "trojan bitcoin miner" - same thing it did to original hsrminer_neoscrypt.exe. So if you have any suspicions, try my fork on mining rig without any sensitive info/wallets/etc, block it in firewall except pool you are going to mine to.

I am also a newbie, and i am also using this fork. Not because I'm greedy, but because there is no unnecessary disconnects. Also i am using autoit script. Add 2 pools. Unimining and altminer. I think that I have nothing to lose, thank you to the author!
Sorry for my bad english.

Good work!
No problem with restart!

Thanks, I'm glad that you like it.

_palermo_

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:44:29 PM

yep, the same issue

original hsrminer works well enought. some extra info:

platform
win10 x64 (no AV, defender is off), 7x1070

batch line
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe -o stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:10000 -u %WALLET%.%WORKER% -p c=GBX

win report (sorry for native lang):
Имя cбoйнoгo пpилoжeния: hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe, вepcия: 1.0.1.0, мeткa вpeмeни: 0x5a47af32
Имя cбoйнoгo мoдyля: ntdll.dll, вepcия: 10.0.16299.192, мeткa вpeмeни: 0x6dead514
Кoд иcключeния: 0xc0000005
Cмeщeниe oшибки: 0x00000000000129bd
Идeнтификaтop cбoйнoгo пpoцecca: 0x1924
Bpeмя зaпycкa cбoйнoгo пpилoжeния: 0x01d3977852bbe88b
Пyть cбoйнoгo пpилoжeния: C:\sw\mining\miners\hsrminer\hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe
Пyть cбoйнoгo мoдyля: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Идeнтификaтop oтчeтa: 47f596eb-75ca-4ec2-ac4d-436c4d6ffe1e
Пoлнoe имя cбoйнoгo пaкeтa:
Кoд пpилoжeния, cвязaннoгo co cбoйным пaкeтoм:
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:38:53 PM

yep, the same issue

original hsrminer works well enought. some extra info:

platform
win10 x64 (no AV, defender is off), 7x1070

batch line
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe -o stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:10000 -u %WALLET%.%WORKER% -p c=GBX

Sorry, I wasn't able to reproduce crash on any of my rigs, was using same command line, so it's not a bug in options parsing. I will investigate issue later, after release of new version.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: