Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:31:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HSRMINER Neoscrypt Fork by Justaminer - New Version!  (Read 13352 times)
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:13:19 PM

For some reason, when I set over 9 intensity it's crashing. From what I've read in this thread, people trying to run over 9 cards have a problem too. So what I understand it that any 2-digit numbers is causing a crush.
Was an answer provided and I missed it? Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iTiamo

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:26:59 PM

Can I use this for solomining Neoscrypt coins with getblocktemplate?
kdminhkhanh

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:33:29 AM

I am using gtx 1060, this software is support for 1060 or not. Its temperature is how much, looking forward to feedback soon, thanks!
Just_a_miner (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:04:52 AM

For some reason, when I set over 9 intensity it's crashing. From what I've read in this thread, people trying to run over 9 cards have a problem too. So what I understand it that any 2-digit numbers is causing a crush.

For what GPU type are you trying to change intensity? You don't need to change it for GTX 1070 as it's already fine tuned and you can't randomly change it because algo optimized for certain value. Also, 9 is very low value, why do you specify it? Lowest default intensity for slowest card (GT 1030 and alike) is 15.

2-digit numbers doesn't cause crash. It was bug in original hsrminer and I've already fixed it:

• Fixed bug of original hsrminer - now you can use GPU's numbers > 9 with -d option, i.e.  -d 10,11,12

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:07:31 AM

Can I use this for solomining Neoscrypt coins with getblocktemplate?

Yes, try it - getblocktemplate is enabled by default. One user was asking earlier for additional options to impove solo-mining, I've added it: --scantime and --timeout

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:12:50 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2018, 09:39:22 AM by Just_a_miner

I am using gtx 1060, this software is support for 1060 or not. Its temperature is how much, looking forward to feedback soon, thanks!

Yes, gtx 1060 is supported. Usually you should keep GPU temp below 70-75 C. If your gpu's temp is too high, reduce over clocking, get some external cooling, or try to use normal priority version of the miner.

RivAngE

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:01:43 PM

For what GPU type are you trying to change intensity? You don't need to change it for GTX 1070 as it's already fine tuned and you can't randomly change it because algo optimized for certain value. Also, 9 is very low value, why do you specify it? Lowest default intensity for slowest card (GT 1030 and alike) is 15.

2-digit numbers doesn't cause crash. It was bug in original hsrminer and I've already fixed it:

• Fixed bug of original hsrminer - now you can use GPU's numbers > 9 with -d option, i.e.  -d 10,11,12
Hello. I'll do some more testing and let you know but this will be tomorrow.
For now I just wanted to thank you for the reply and let you know what are my intentions with "intensity".

I'm using the NemosMiner which includes your miner inside, but since this Nemos is an algo-auto-switching miner, I'm forced to keep one overclock setting for every algo. I found that your miner is the only one that's pushing my 1080ti to 70 degrees, something that I don't feel comfortable with. I'm using the EVGA 1080ti FTW3 and I noticed that one of the "POWER" temp sensors is peaking high while the rest 8 sensors (including GPU & RAM) is top 63.
I also have a 1070 and 1070ti on my rig but those have fine temps. So what I tried was to include an argument in the Nemos's files that will launch your HSRM at reduced intensity for the 1080ti. I tried starting from 8 and going up 1 point at a time and when I reach 10, HSRM opens and closes in an instant. I know I've put the intensity argument correctly since at intensity 8 the hashrate and temps were veeeeery low! What I'm hoping for is a slight decrease in the intensity, like 1 point max.
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:33:34 PM

For now I just wanted to thank you for the reply and let you know what are my intentions with "intensity".

I'm using the NemosMiner which includes your miner inside, but since this Nemos is an algo-auto-switching miner, I'm forced to keep one overclock setting for every algo. I found that your miner is the only one that's pushing my 1080ti to 70 degrees, something that I don't feel comfortable with. I'm using the EVGA 1080ti FTW3 and I noticed that one of the "POWER" temp sensors is peaking high while the rest 8 sensors (including GPU & RAM) is top 63.
I also have a 1070 and 1070ti on my rig but those have fine temps. So what I tried was to include an argument in the Nemos's files that will launch your HSRM at reduced intensity for the 1080ti. I tried starting from 8 and going up 1 point at a time and when I reach 10, HSRM opens and closes in an instant. I know I've put the intensity argument correctly since at intensity 8 the hashrate and temps were veeeeery low! What I'm hoping for is a slight decrease in the intensity, like 1 point max.

Your best and by far quickest way to try to solve issue - exit from NemosMiner, delete hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp.exe from the \bin\NVIDIA-Hsrminer subfolder of the NemosMiner. Download normal priority version of the miner, unpack and put it to the \bin\NVIDIA-Hsrminer subfolder and rename it to hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp.exe

Run NemosMiner, or just run hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp.exe manually and check GPU's temp. Normal priority version should stress GPU less than _hp version, but of course you will get lower hashrate. Also you can try to reduce OC of the GPU, reduce PL%, and so on.

As for intensity, intensity 8 is lowest, so no point to use it for powerful gpu. Try to use -i 17, -i 17.1, etc, up to -i 17.4

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:59:23 PM

New version - 12.03.2018 !

See 1st msg of the topic for details and download links.

RivAngE

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:25:09 PM

• Fixed bug of original hsrminer - now you can use GPU's numbers > 9 with -d option, i.e.  -d 10,11,12

Your best and by far quickest way to try to solve issue - exit from NemosMiner, delete hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp.exe from the \bin\NVIDIA-Hsrminer subfolder of the NemosMiner. Download normal priority version of the miner, unpack and put it to the \bin\NVIDIA-Hsrminer subfolder and rename it to hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp.exe

Run NemosMiner, or just run hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp.exe manually and check GPU's temp. Normal priority version should stress GPU less than _hp version, but of course you will get lower hashrate. Also you can try to reduce OC of the GPU, reduce PL%, and so on.

As for intensity, intensity 8 is lowest, so no point to use it for powerful gpu. Try to use -i 17, -i 17.1, etc, up to -i 17.4

Hello. I downloaded the normal priority version and changed NemosMiner's script in order to start the normal priority. I tried a few times to change between these 2 and I noticed a small drop of about 2C-3C in temp but 0 drop in MHz. So that'll be fine for now.

However I also managed to printscreen the miner's error the split of a second it appears before it shuts down when changing the priority to anything above 9.
First of all, that's the line I tried to run: Bin\NVIDIA-Hsrminer\hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe -a neoscrypt -b 4068 -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:17012 -u txtasosxt.1080ti -p x -d 0 -i 17.1
And this is the error I get: Cuda error in fun 'neoscrypt_cpu_hash_1080' at line 1500 : an illegal memory access was encountered.

Am I going to jail? Cry lol Grin
PS: I'm in the newest version.
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:48:26 AM

Hello. I downloaded the normal priority version and changed NemosMiner's script in order to start the normal priority. I tried a few times to change between these 2 and I noticed a small drop of about 2C-3C in temp but 0 drop in MHz. So that'll be fine for now.

However I also managed to printscreen the miner's error the split of a second it appears before it shuts down when changing the priority to anything above 9.
First of all, that's the line I tried to run: Bin\NVIDIA-Hsrminer\hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe -a neoscrypt -b 4068 -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:17012 -u txtasosxt.1080ti -p x -d 0 -i 17.1
And this is the error I get: Cuda error in fun 'neoscrypt_cpu_hash_1080' at line 1500 : an illegal memory access was encountered.

Am I going to jail? Cry lol Grin
PS: I'm in the newest version.

Hi, as I said earlier algo is optimized for certain intensity values, so most likely you won't be able to change intensity values for 1070, 1080(Ti). You can try - and you did - but most likely you will get error. Just use normal priority version if you want to lower gpu load. If it's not enough - specify -c 2 option, it will lower process priority further. Another way is to reduce overlocking, reduce PL%.

If you still want to try different intensity values, you can close Nemos software and run the miner manually from cmd line prompt like this to check intensity, so you won't need to catch closing windows, etc:

hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe --benchmark -i N

where N is your intensity value you are going to try. After you will find your value, you can edit NemosMiner's script and run it.

Dezman

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:48:01 PM

Help Bro!
I'm running solo mining

Setting wallet: -server
rpcuser=RIG1
rpcpassword=123
rpcport=10210
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
port=10211
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1

Setting Bat file:
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp.exe -a neoscrypt -o 127.0.0.1:10210 -u RIG1 -p 123

Miner gives an error message:
JSON-RPC call failed: Method not found
get_work failed, retry after 10 seconds

Cry Cry Cry

Help me...
What am I doing wrong?
RivAngE

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:57:01 PM

Help Bro!
I'm running solo mining

rpcuser=RIG1
rpcpassword=123
rpcport=10210
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
port=10211
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1

Setting Bat file:

Cry Cry Cry

Help me...
What am I doing wrong?

I don't think you can use a miner made for pools as a solo miner... I can't even imagine how dev fee would work under these circumstances! If you find a block the 2 mins (or whatever is the time) the miner is mining for the dev, then would he get the whole block reward? Grin I think there are more than one reason you can't use any miner for either solo or pool mining.
PS: I might be wrong! Wink
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:17:32 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2018, 01:56:17 PM by Just_a_miner

Help Bro!
I'm running solo mining

rpcuser=RIG1
rpcpassword=123
rpcport=10210
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
port=10211
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1

Setting Bat file:

Cry Cry Cry

Help me...
What am I doing wrong?

Probably wallet of coin you are trying to mine doesn't support solo-mining. Try ccminer Klaust or ccminer tpruvot and see if it works.

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:05:15 PM

I don't think you can use a miner made for pools as a solo miner... I can't even imagine how dev fee would work under these circumstances! If you find a block the 2 mins (or whatever is the time) the miner is mining for the dev, then would he get the whole block reward? Grin I think there are more than one reason you can't use any miner for either solo or pool mining.
PS: I might be wrong! Wink

Devfee is not a problem here, it would be mined on external pool, so no interference with solo-mining. Problem could be with the coin's wallet that doesn't support getwork method, as all of them moved to "getblocktemplate" because bitcoin core did so.

skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:07:52 PM

first, its fast... and a little furios with my oc..

second: when you say that the normal intensity is already fine tuned for gtx 1070, it means that if I ran it without -i intensity is already set ?

And what it is  for GTX 1070 and GTX 1050 ti ?
thank you

AltScope

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:39:46 AM

I'm using a mix of 1070's and 1080's in a rig, launched with just the pool and user details and got an out of memory error tried launching with -i x i get illegal memory access errors.
Is this a driver issue? started ccminer klaust back up for the time being

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:51:19 AM

first, its fast... and a little furios with my oc..

second: when you say that the normal intensity is already fine tuned for gtx 1070, it means that if I ran it without -i intensity is already set ?

And what it is  for GTX 1070 and GTX 1050 ti ?
thank you

If it's too furious with your oc, try normal priority version  Smiley

About intensity - yes, if you don't specify it with -i, default fine-tuned value will be used. You really don't need to change it for 1070, all you will get - illegal mem access error. For 1050ti default value is 16.1

I'm using a mix of 1070's and 1080's in a rig, launched with just the pool and user details and got an out of memory error tried launching with -i x i get illegal memory access errors.
Is this a driver issue? started ccminer klaust back up for the time being

Out of memory error means that you should increase windows pagefile (virtual memory). Pagefile should be = number of GPUs * 6300 mb, i.e. if you have 6 gpus in your rig, set your pagefile to 6*6300=37800 Megabytes.

dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:24:33 AM

I'm sometimes getting "windows has blocked hsrminer's access to graphics hardware"... Any idea what causes this? It's excluded from Windows Defender and everything...
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:41:26 AM

I'm sometimes getting "windows has blocked hsrminer's access to graphics hardware"... Any idea what causes this? It's excluded from Windows Defender and everything...

I've got same message for ccminer klaust when I've tried to check if it works with solo-mining. I think it's how Microsoft tries to fight with hidden miners, but as it often happens - it fails and just blocks any miner, even if it was ran intentionally by user. After several attempts to solve this problem, I had to completly disable AV on my rigs.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: