Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:24:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HSRMINER Neoscrypt Fork by Justaminer - New Version!  (Read 13352 times)
Biggz78

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:15:28 PM

Hi,
i am new to all this,
i am trying to get this to work as best as i can by trial and error,
but i am not a compwizz, so i know jack about cmd lines and i was wondering how to do a benchmark,
as i seem to have trouble to get all cards stable,there are always 1 ,2 or even more cards running on lower KH/s then other cards,
using 8 asus gtx 1070 cards in a rig

tried all sorts of pl/core/mem settings but still some cards run lower, getting a lill frusty Sad

tnx in advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Just_a_miner (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:01:40 PM

Hi,
i am new to all this,
i am trying to get this to work as best as i can by trial and error,
but i am not a compwizz, so i know jack about cmd lines and i was wondering how to do a benchmark,
as i seem to have trouble to get all cards stable,there are always 1 ,2 or even more cards running on lower KH/s then other cards,
using 8 asus gtx 1070 cards in a rig

tried all sorts of pl/core/mem settings but still some cards run lower, getting a lill frusty Sad

tnx in advance

Hi, if you don't know how to use cmd line then how did you run the miner?  Smiley

Same model's GPUs can give you slightly different hashrate, it's ok. To see if there are real problems with some gpu, reset overclocking settings and set default values like 100% PL, +0 core , +0 mem for every card then run miner and check what's going on. If some gpu gives you much less hashrate than others it can be hardware problem with GPU, it's riser or maybe power supply doesn't produce enough power, etc.

You can run benchmark like this:

Code:
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork --benchmark

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
gradinkov

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:16:03 PM

To begin with, hsrminer does have an API.
Biggz78

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:10:11 PM

Hi, if you don't know how to use cmd line then how did you run the miner?  Smiley

Use copy past  Wink and adjust where needed  Grin

but i cannot write a cmd line by myself and know what i wrote or what it does  Cool

tnx for you help will try when am back from the road
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:30:52 AM

Use copy past  Wink and adjust where needed  Grin

but i cannot write a cmd line by myself and know what i wrote or what it does  Cool

tnx for you help will try when am back from the road

I see Cheesy Well, it's not hard, you will learn. Feel free to ask, I will help you.

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:03:18 AM

You mean ccminer had an API, but palgin disabled it by changing default port, removed all API-related cmdline options and changed api output format so no monitoring software can use it. How do you expect people to use it? As you see some users have troubles with cmdline, you think they can scan ports or reverse-engineer hsrminer to find working port? Did YOU know about that port? Or you just came to hsrminer topic and asked about adding API for "million times already" and some guy told you about hidden port?  Grin

So please, dude - if you like to use crippled original hsrminer, feel free to do so, but don't spread misinformation.

gradinkov

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:42:00 PM

You mean ccminer had an API, but palgin disabled it by changing default port, removed all API-related cmdline options and changed api output format so no monitoring software can use it.

So please, dude - if you like to use crippled original hsrminer, feel free to do so, but don't spread misinformation.

It's not me spreading the misinformation.

1. Changing the port does not mean the API is disabled.

2. Not documenting the default port does not mean the API does not exist.

3. Removing command line options that adjust API behavior does not mean the API does not exist either.

4. Changing API output format does not mean monitoring software can't use it. That's utter bullcrap. It's not like miner API output has a standard. ccminer, dstm, ethminer, excavator, zecminer, ... - they ALL use different API output formats. The monitoring software needs to handle that. In fact, the ONLY difference between hsrminer's and ccminer's output is that you need to find the SPEED key instead of KHS for hashrate, and the POWER_CONSUMPTION key instead of POWER for power usage. The API call, the key separator, the value separator, the line separator, the terminating symbol, pretty much EVERYTHING else is the same. If your "monitoring software" can't figure this out, then it's your monitoring software that's crippled, not hsrminer. If you can't realize this on your own, then I sure as hell don't want YOU to touch any of my miner executables, because that's incompetency beyond repair.

5. You even sent me a private message that you "added" an API to your "fork". I already addressed that you can't "add" something that already exists. But now let's address the fork bullcrap too. Forking means you alter the code. But hsrminer's code is not published. I pointed this out in PM already, to which you responded you "reverse engineered it". Except reverse engineering means "patching" at best, not "forking". You just mess around in the binary and pretend you're some crazy genius, while in fact you just changed some existing parameters. Like "if I change intensity, hashrate increases :O". No shit. And so does stability decrease, but never mind that. And you changed the devfee address, of course.

All I see is you spreading CONSTANT fud because you're butthurt about hsrminer. But I have no idea how anyone here can take you seriously when you have so many factual errors all the time.
khash4u

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:43:03 PM

Is it possible to show the number of shares that are accepted when mining ?

Join Binance Exchange today with instant trading on all major crypto tokens 0.1% Trade Fee.
24h Withdrawal Limit:2BTC for unverified accounts  /  Verified accounts  24h Withdrawal Limit:100BTC
BINANCE Worlds largest Exchange
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:07:53 PM

You mean ccminer had an API, but palgin disabled it by changing default port, removed all API-related cmdline options and changed api output format so no monitoring software can use it.

It's not me spreading the misinformation.

1. Changing the port does not mean the API is disabled.

2. Not documenting the default port does not mean the API does not exist.

3. Removing command line options that adjust API behavior does not mean the API does not exist either.

4. Changing API output format does not mean monitoring software can't use it. That's utter bullcrap. It's not like miner API output has a standard. ccminer, dstm, ethminer, excavator, zecminer, ... - they ALL use different API output formats. The monitoring software needs to handle that. In fact, the ONLY difference between hsrminer's and ccminer's output is that you need to find the SPEED key instead of KHS for hashrate, and the POWER_CONSUMPTION key instead of POWER for power usage. The API call, the key separator, the value separator, the line separator, the terminating symbol, pretty much EVERYTHING else is the same. If your "monitoring software" can't figure this out, then it's your monitoring software that's crippled, not hsrminer. If you can't realize this on your own, then I sure as hell don't want YOU to touch any of my miner executables, because that's incompetency beyond repair.

5. You even sent me a private message that you "added" an API to your "fork". I already addressed that you can't "add" something that already exists. But now let's address the fork bullcrap too. Forking means you alter the code. But hsrminer's code is not published. I pointed this out in PM already, to which you responded you "reverse engineered it". Except reverse engineering means "patching" at best, not "forking". You just mess around in the binary and pretend you're some crazy genius, while in fact you just changed some existing parameters. Like "if I change intensity, hashrate increases :O". No shit. And so does stability decrease, but never mind that. And you changed the devfee address, of course.

All I see is you spreading CONSTANT fud because you're butthurt about hsrminer. But I have no idea how anyone here can take you seriously when you have so many factual errors all the time.

Friend, you have some problems with reading. I repeat for you again - ccminer HAD an api and palgin DISABLED it. You can play with words in 1),2),3) but you wasn't able to use original hsrminer "api" and asked palgin to ADD it, what an irony  Cheesy After some dude hinted you that there is hidden port, you all of the sudden become original hsrminer api expert  Grin

I've sent you pm to hint you about my fork when I've read that you were asking to add api to hsrminer. As for reverse engineering - you can try to "mess around" with original hsrminer.exe and "change some parameters" to see if it will add all that I've added to my fork (and fix some palgin's bugs too) Grin

You are also wrong about devfee - it was added after 2 months of work, when 95% of features were already implemented. Devfee coded from scratch, optimized to reduce pool switching lag, backup pools added so miner doesn't stuck forever (like original hsrminer) if devfee pool(s) doesn't available, and devfee  time is reduced by 10 seconds.

I understand that you are a troll, but please continue to write (especially enlight me more about reverse engineering  Cheesy) to my topic to keep it on 1st page of the forum so more people will read about my fork, thank you friend  Grin

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:12:13 PM

Is it possible to show the number of shares that are accepted when mining ?

Yes, I will add this feature in the next version, not sure about exact release date - probably within week or so.

Biggz78

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:10:14 PM

Hi again,

this time i got 2 questions,

1, can a pool cause the miners to stop working?

2, is there a way to see why miner stopped working, i saw the script need a window to respond to but i dont get an window, miner just stops

this is happening since i changed the port to mine on the pool.

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:59:31 AM

Hi again,

this time i got 2 questions,

1, can a pool cause the miners to stop working?

2, is there a way to see why miner stopped working, i saw the script need a window to respond to but i dont get an window, miner just stops

this is happening since i changed the port to mine on the pool.

1) Not directly, but yes. If you specify wrong port/coin combo, pool can reject connection. And if you specified -r 1 option (for example), after 1 reconnection attempt miner will exit.

2) you probably run some .cmd file from desktop shortcut, so there is no cmd window after miner's exit. Modify your .cmd or .bat file, add last line:

Code:
pause

After miner's exit .cmd file will pause execution and window won't close so you will be able to see error message.

jugger1028

Activity: 213
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 01:47:28 AM

How does this HSR Miner compare to CCMiner when used on the Lyra2Rev2 algo? Looking for the best miner for that algo..

Check out Trezarcoin @ Trezarcoin.com, book +VIP hotel stays with -20% discounts from Expedia by using $TZC to Pay, TrezarTravels.com to learn more!
papacheal

Activity: 67

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:44:42 AM

How does this HSR Miner compare to CCMiner when used on the Lyra2Rev2 algo? Looking for the best miner for that algo..

HSRMiner fork is for Neoscrypt only, not Lyra2Rev2.

My advice would be to use the Excavator 1.4.4a release to get max hash rate out of most NVidia cards for Lyra2Rev2 (and other algorithms, like Nist5 and Blake2s). the JSON config files for it are a little odd to build, but the hash rate boost is worth it.
jugger1028

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 01:22:04 PM

HSRMiner fork is for Neoscrypt only, not Lyra2Rev2.

My advice would be to use the Excavator 1.4.4a release to get max hash rate out of most NVidia cards for Lyra2Rev2 (and other algorithms, like Nist5 and Blake2s). the JSON config files for it are a little odd to build, but the hash rate boost is worth it.

Thank you my man!

Check out Trezarcoin @ Trezarcoin.com, book +VIP hotel stays with -20% discounts from Expedia by using $TZC to Pay, TrezarTravels.com to learn more!
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:59:41 AM

New version - check 1st msg of the topic for details and download links.

jugger1028

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 10:49:00 PM

Have you given any thought to working on ccminer alexis version for x17 algo? There's literally only one miner that's worth anything and it's pretty old.

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:36:46 AM

Have you given any thought to working on ccminer alexis version for x17 algo? There's literally only one miner that's worth anything and it's pretty old.

No plans to do it. Have you tried ccminer Klaust? It supports x17 algo.

Biggz78

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 12:29:36 PM

2) you probably run some .cmd file from desktop shortcut, so there is no cmd window after miner's exit. Modify your .cmd or .bat file, add last line:

Code:
pause

After miner's exit .cmd file will pause execution and window won't close so you will be able to see error message.

Hi i have added pause, but it keeps closing window

my line :
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://xxx -u xxx -p xxx c=xxx -b 0.0.0.0:4068 pause

and when i do benchmark it also closes the window before i can read something Sad
slim6y

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:09:48 PM

Firstly, thank you for this miner, it is very easy to use and it is working very well with my 1070 Ti and my 960 as well! For this, that is impressive.

The downside.... while I have only used it for two hours, the desktop registers a considerably higher kh/s rate (up from about 1400 to 1600) but my pool is registering a lower hash rate, by about 10 or 15%. 

I realise I have only a short amount of data to calculate from, but the evidence is fairly clear at the moment, power use is lower, data at the computer end is higher, but the hash rate where it counts is lower.

I can only assume I am doing something wrong. Would love to know how to get this so I am getting 1600 kh/s on Neoscrypt as I have had in the past, at the pool.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: