Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:56:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HSRMINER Neoscrypt Fork by Justaminer - New Version!  (Read 13352 times)
slim6y

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:22:25 PM

My guess is this could have something to do with it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PiM2pNbk2fpnGJyHBejX5KQI5C49BfHS

GPU #1: GeForce GTX 960, flags: 0, 0, 1
GPU #0:GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, flags: 0, 1, 0

So, how do I find these issues and resolve? Looking forward to learning. Thanks.
nitrobg

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:39:31 AM

Have you given any thought to working on ccminer alexis version for x17 algo? There's literally only one miner that's worth anything and it's pretty old.

I highly doubt that he's able to code a simple miner, let alone optimize it.
Just_a_miner (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:48:34 PM

My guess is this could have something to do with it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PiM2pNbk2fpnGJyHBejX5KQI5C49BfHS

So, how do I find these issues and resolve? Looking forward to learning. Thanks.

Hello, flags are ok. First, you should give it more time, I think at least 24 hours to get more stats. Second, pool will never show correct speed, there is no way it's possible as miner doesn't report its speed, it just sends shares and pool tries to calculate speed using number of received shares over some time period. Almost all pools claims that pool-side speed is only estimation.

Also, at your screenshot I see that pool set high difficulty - 1024. It's high value for only 2 GPUs, so miner will send shares rarely and therefore pool-side stats will be even more inaccurate. You can try to set lower difficulty if pool supports this via -p c=CCC,d=128 where CCC is your coin symbol, like BTC and d=128 is difficulty you are going to use.

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:00:48 PM

2) you probably run some .cmd file from desktop shortcut, so there is no cmd window after miner's exit. Modify your .cmd or .bat file, add last line:

Code:
pause

After miner's exit .cmd file will pause execution and window won't close so you will be able to see error message.

Hi i have added pause, but it keeps closing window

my line :
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://xxx -u xxx -p xxx c=xxx -b 0.0.0.0:4068 pause

and when i do benchmark it also closes the window before i can read something Sad

You must add new line to your .cmd/.bat file with new command, not add it as option to the miner.

Also I've marked your mistake with red color. You are using option -p and set its parameter as xxx and after that you use space and c=xxx. You should use it like this:

Code:
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp -o stratum+tcp://URL -u ADDR -p c=COIN -b 0.0.0.0:4068
pause

ADDR is your coin's wallet address, COIN is coin symbol you are going to mine, like c=BTC

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
jugger1028

Activity: 213
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 02:34:39 PM

Have you given any thought to working on ccminer alexis version for x17 algo? There's literally only one miner that's worth anything and it's pretty old.

No plans to do it. Have you tried ccminer Klaust? It supports x17 algo.

Klaust's ccminer is not as good as Alexis' for X17. Alexis' miner is very old and it's the best one for x17 and is open sourced which is why I thought it would be a good candidate for you. Lots of big volume on x17, more than Neoscrypt so I thought it would be a good target for optimization and fees :p

Check out Trezarcoin @ Trezarcoin.com, book +VIP hotel stays with -20% discounts from Expedia by using $TZC to Pay, TrezarTravels.com to learn more!
jugger1028

Activity: 213
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 02:37:03 PM

I highly doubt that he's able to code a simple miner, let alone optimize it.

Honestly I don't know and don't care how he does it, it works. He's gained me one full card on my 1080ti rig and I'm grateful for it.

Check out Trezarcoin @ Trezarcoin.com, book +VIP hotel stays with -20% discounts from Expedia by using $TZC to Pay, TrezarTravels.com to learn more!
slim6y

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:11:32 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 06:55:42 PM by slim6y

Hello, flags are ok. First, you should give it more time, I think at least 24 hours to get more stats. Second, pool will never show correct speed, there is no way it's possible as miner doesn't report its speed, it just sends shares and pool tries to calculate speed using number of received shares over some time period. Almost all pools claims that pool-side speed is only estimation.

Also, at your screenshot I see that pool set high difficulty - 1024. It's high value for only 2 GPUs, so miner will send shares rarely and therefore pool-side stats will be even more inaccurate. You can try to set lower difficulty if pool supports this via -p c=CCC,d=128 where CCC is your coin symbol, like BTC and d=128 is difficulty you are going to use.

Thank you for your reply. The screenshot was taken from a Yiimp pool that stated Yiimp automatically adjusts difficulty to get on average 15 submits per minute. But I am going to try and adjust difficulty to 128 and see what happens.

I have spent more time using your miner and I am going to say I think it is providing me, on average, more income. It also provides a lower temperature and lower wattage than ccminer yet a higher hashrate. How you do that.... I am just blown away.
Biggz78

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:39:43 PM

You must add new line to your .cmd/.bat file with new command, not add it as option to the miner.

Also I've marked your mistake with red color. You are using option -p and set its parameter as xxx and after that you use space and c=xxx. You should use it like this:

Code:
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp -o stratum+tcp://URL -u ADDR -p c=COIN -b 0.0.0.0:4068
pause

ADDR is your coin's wallet address, COIN is coin symbol you are going to mine, like c=BTC

Hi first off tnx,

second my apology, the XXX is me trying to redact my info, do i use passw, AND c=COIN of is it either passw or either c=COIN

the miner is running stable for now, but i will add the pause to the .dat file hopefully i dont have to find out if it worked Wink
Biggz78

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:00:56 PM

Hello,

Got another one,
is it possible to mine on 2 diff pools with 1 rig

i got a 8 card rig, and i want to see if 1 pool is more profitable then the other

i did see so meting that you could run diff instances of a miner and something about telling miner to use this or that card
i just want to be sure, if i was correct

tnx in advance
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:24:05 AM

Hello,

Got another one,
is it possible to mine on 2 diff pools with 1 rig

i got a 8 card rig, and i want to see if 1 pool is more profitable then the other

i did see so meting that you could run diff instances of a miner and something about telling miner to use this or that card
i just want to be sure, if i was correct

tnx in advance

yes, you can specify what gpu's to use. Run miner with -d option, for example for pool 1 use first 4 gpus:

Code:
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork -o stratum+tcp:/POOL_1 -u ADDR -p c=COIN -d 0,1,2,3

For pool 2 run second instance of the miner with other 4 gpus:

Code:
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork -o stratum+tcp:/POOL_2 -u ADDR -p c=COIN -d 4,5,6,7

dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:21:02 PM

Mister Just_a_miner...

What could cause the pool to report substantially lower hashrate than the miner is?

I've been using the high-intensity version of your fork every now and then on my 5x1080 rig. Miner reports approx 6300 kh/s but the pool (Zergpool) reports only between 5000 and 5500 at most over time.

Not using any special parameters.
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:49:46 AM

Mister Just_a_miner...

What could cause the pool to report substantially lower hashrate than the miner is?

I've been using the high-intensity version of your fork every now and then on my 5x1080 rig. Miner reports approx 6300 kh/s but the pool (Zergpool) reports only between 5000 and 5500 at most over time.

Hi Mike. About poolside speed stats:

... First, you should give it more time, I think at least 24 hours to get more stats. Second, pool will never show correct speed, there is no way it's possible as miner doesn't report its speed, it just sends shares and pool tries to calculate speed using number of received shares over some time period. Almost all pools claims that pool-side speed is only estimation.

Also if pool's difficulty is high and rig is not very powerful, it will send shares rarely and therefore pool-side stats will be even more inaccurate.
Right now I'm mining at nicehash pool and it reports all kind of weather for 6x1070 rig . Actual speed is about 7500 kh/s, pool reports values from 6500 to 8500+.

dragonmike

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:51:53 AM

Mister Just_a_miner...

Hi Mike. About poolside speed stats:

... First, you should give it more time, I think at least 24 hours to get more stats. Second, pool will never show correct speed, there is no way it's possible as miner doesn't report its speed, it just sends shares and pool tries to calculate speed using number of received shares over some time period. Almost all pools claims that pool-side speed is only estimation.

Also if pool's difficulty is high and rig is not very powerful, it will send shares rarely and therefore pool-side stats will be even more inaccurate.
Right now I'm mining at nicehash pool and it reports all kind of weather for 6x1070 rig . Actual speed is about 7500 kh/s, pool reports values from 6500 to 8500+.

I'm well aware of that, don't worry.
I'm talking average values over time. These should coincide with the miner hashrate within a few %. I can tell you for a fact that over several days of mining, my average on the pool is well over 15% lower than the miner reports.
slim6y

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:53:39 AM

I have now successfully used your miner for a short period and I am now ready to make me and you some more coin Smiley

But here is where I stumble. I don't know the first thing about overclocking and I really would love some help from the community.

So when using the miner I am working with a Gigabyte Gaming 1070 Ti and a MSI 960 (I realise this is less than perfect, but we all have to start somewhere).

I am happy using MSI Afterburner, but what should all the settings be? Now, bear in mind I don't know the first thing about OC'ing.

Currently I am using the AORUS software that came with the GPU and have used their preset Overclock setting. I feel it is greatly under powering what the card is capable of. Also, I don't mind if the wattage goes up a little so long the cards stay cool enough for efficiency.

Thank you in advance for your help. 
Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:32:30 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2018, 01:05:31 PM by Just_a_miner

I'm talking average values over time. These should coincide with the miner hashrate within a few %. I can tell you for a fact that over several days of mining, my average on the pool is well over 15% lower than the miner reports.

Have you tried to change pool? I haven't mined to zergpool much, so I don't know how it works. Miner itself doesn't do anything fancy with speed - it displays it how it is. It would be pointless to cheat with clientside hashrate as I haven't claimed that speed was increased much vs original hsrminer - the advantages of the fork are added features, fixed bugs of original hsrminer and reduced devfee %. The only slight hashrate increase was achieved by setting higher default value for -c option, it's high priority version of the miner. You can take original hsrminer and use -c 4 to get same effect.

Just_a_miner (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:04:54 PM

I have now successfully used your miner for a short period and I am now ready to make me and you some more coin Smiley

But here is where I stumble. I don't know the first thing about overclocking and I really would love some help from the community.

So when using the miner I am working with a Gigabyte Gaming 1070 Ti and a MSI 960 (I realise this is less than perfect, but we all have to start somewhere).

I am happy using MSI Afterburner, but what should all the settings be? Now, bear in mind I don't know the first thing about OC'ing.

Currently I am using the AORUS software that came with the GPU and have used their preset Overclock setting. I feel it is greatly under powering what the card is capable of. Also, I don't mind if the wattage goes up a little so long the cards stay cool enough for efficiency.

Thank you in advance for your help. 

I'm glad that you like the miner. About OC - first, it's a bad idea to use several OC softwares simultaneously. To make life easier, uninstal Aorus software and use MSI Afterburner only. Or vice versa! But I haven't worked with Aorus software, so I won't be able to help you with it.

With Afterburner you should first reset every GPU to its default settings, then set low OC values for test purpose, say 90% PL, +50 Mhz Core clock, +100 Mhz Mem Clock. Don't forget to click Apply every time you change values. Run miner and check hashrate. To speed testing process up, you can use offline benchmark:

Code:
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp --benchmark

Then try to increase OC values in Afterburner, like 90% PL, +100 Mhz Core clock, +200 Mhz Mem Clock. You can set different values for each gpu, for weak gpu like gtx 960 set lower values. Then repeat benchmark. Remember that you can't reduce Power Limit % too much and increase Core/Mem clock at the same time, low Power Limit won't let GPU to reach high core/mem values.

If you really want to get high hashrate values, you should increase PL% to like 100-110% and set high values for core/mem, like +200 Mhz core, +400-600 Mhz mem. Be careful as high OC values will force gpu to eat a lot of power and can lead to gpu's overheat and instability.

After you choose your OC values, test GPU's stability - run miner at least for 24 hours, if there are no crashes/gpu's hangs, etc - OC values are ok. You can then save profile in Afterburner and set option to load profile during Afterburner's start, so you won't need to manually set OC values every time. If some gpu crashed/hanged - you should reduce OC values and repeat stability test.

I personally don't use high OC values as mining is marathon, and it's better to use low/medium OC values to longer GPUs lives and exclude potential crash/instability issues.

dragonmike

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:07:55 PM

Have you tried to change pool? I haven't mined to zergpool much, so I don't know how it works. Miner itself doesn't do anything fancy with speed - it displays it how it is. It would be pointles to cheat with clientside hashrate as I haven't claimed that speed was increased much vs original hsrminer - the advantages of the fork are added features, fixed bugs of original hsrminer and reduced devfee %. The only slight hashrate increase was achieved by setting higher default value for -c option, it's high priority version of the miner. You can take original hsrminer and use -c 4 to get same effect.

Was not pointing fingers, just letting you know of my findings (with the very well hidden purpose of having you check why the hashrate on the pool is significantly lower, heh!)

I'll try another pool and report back.
Torn80beta

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:19:31 AM

GTX 1060 6Gb

What does it mean: GPU#1 - CC < 5.0 , not supporting
Dr_Victor

Activity: 954
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:38:38 PM

GTX 1060 6Gb

What does it mean: GPU#1 - CC < 5.0 , not supporting
Maybe your GPU#1 isn't gtx 1060, because it has CC (Compute Capability) = 6.1

yobit.net is banned from signatures
1030User

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:54:43 PM

Hy
I'm using this miner to mine neoscrypt algo, combinated whit nemos miner. So if the nemos miner shift the algo, 10 times in a day, so the HSminer start mining the devfee at 10 times .
Pls add option -get date (-1)  or something like that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: