Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:25:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Never invest no product ICOs  (Read 6747 times)
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:48:31 PM

as they say "don't trust. verify"
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:44:31 PM

Anyone who follows what I say about ICOs know that the very first thing I ask or criticize is the lack of product. To me ICOs that launch or projects that talk about idea without even a working prototype have no right to ask people to give them money to work. People forgot that all the early projects had developers dedicate their lives to building something that they believed in and never needed any money to do it. Refer to Bitcoin, refer to Litecoin, refer to Dogecoin even.

I can 100% understand ICOs that need to expand businesses, or hire new people to do something big, but only to build on something they already know works and they know communities love.

But cannot blame them, after all, so many investors here willing to invest in hype.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Maryverycool

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:04:08 PM

Yes, I totally agree with you. Now many ico have no ready-made products and will invest in the future. The product is not sure whether it can be made or not. If not, this is a fraud.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:17:34 PM

Anyone who follows what I say about ICOs know that the very first thing I ask or criticize is the lack of product. To me ICOs that launch or projects that talk about idea without even a working prototype have no right to ask people to give them money to work. People forgot that all the early projects had developers dedicate their lives to building something that they believed in and never needed any money to do it. Refer to Bitcoin, refer to Litecoin, refer to Dogecoin even.

I can 100% understand ICOs that need to expand businesses, or hire new people to do something big, but only to build on something they already know works and they know communities love.

But cannot blame them, after all, so many investors here willing to invest in hype.

true. team invest time. but i believe it has to paid
UriahHipster

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:31:53 PM

I agree with you, I have a really hard time convincing myself to put money on something that is not out of the paper. I don't mean that it must be a finished, perfectly working product, but at least something concrete to show investors you are a serious company. My first investment was on cointed, because they do have working ATMs and that showed me they're a real company. However, I would also mention that there are exceptions, like kickcity (Which was mentioned above), if you look hard enough you'll see some teams are promising even with no working product.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:03:12 AM

I agree with you, I have a really hard time convincing myself to put money on something that is not out of the paper. I don't mean that it must be a finished, perfectly working product, but at least something concrete to show investors you are a serious company. My first investment was on cointed, because they do have working ATMs and that showed me they're a real company. However, I would also mention that there are exceptions, like kickcity (Which was mentioned above), if you look hard enough you'll see some teams are promising even with no working product.

what do you mean "exceptions"?
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:04:57 PM

I agree, I think this is the trend we will see in 2018, more and more ICOs with a working product to build investor confidence.

I believe there will more regulated projects
CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:16:39 PM

Investing in an idea, a theory, a concept, sure is dangerous. They have nothing tangible to show you and whether it can even be done. I invest generally around 90%+ into ICO's who have something to show and demo.
shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:31:18 PM

Many new coin that use ICO or Initial Coin Offering method is the main attraction for the business of cryptocurrency in the world. Because most of the already launched ICO is proven to provide high profits. While it is advantageous you also need to understand what are the advantages and disadvantages of ICO as investment..

aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:52:55 PM

Many new coin that use ICO or Initial Coin Offering method is the main attraction for the business of cryptocurrency in the world. Because most of the already launched ICO is proven to provide high profits. While it is advantageous you also need to understand what are the advantages and disadvantages of ICO as investment..

that is also true. And what do you think about KickCity?
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:45:35 PM

As I said before, everything was right here noted by the creator of this thread of the forum, it only remains to add that probably always need to pay attention to the fact that if the project has a product, at least an alpha version, then it will already have an advantage among its competitors
lucie367

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:16:59 PM

I agree that ICOs with a working product are far better.

I think this will change in 2018.
anzach87

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:37:05 PM

Guys do not put the blame  on ICOS rather than your ability and laziness to make a good research  to identify the correct one to invest your money.
I already made a lot of profit from good investments of icos . what about NEO , ARK ,Stratis what was that.?
In conclusion try to identify project with vision.
check DIW TOKEN and you will find out what it means vision and smart idea .
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:38:07 PM

I agree that ICOs with a working product are far better.

I think this will change in 2018.

I am absolutely agree with you
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:03:14 PM

I agree with you. When a product or working prototype, it gives more confidence in the successful completion of the project. After all, before the ICO to create a prototype, the company worked and found investments, it means that it really works, has experience, knows the weak points of the project and will overcome them.
ICO without product are like a scam

I think the reason behind it is the fact that there is a product that will be bought rather than just investing in an idea. People like seeing tangible things or products that have specific use. I think another consideratio is if the product being promoted in the ICO is a new product or at least an improved one because if it has been there before, then the market that would support it would be less, especially if there is nothing special about it.

kushanuradha294

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:29:32 PM

It is not a compulsory necessity for good ICO project to have a product before ICO, but clear roadmap, partnerships, project and team information is are incredibly important.I'd like to recommend an ICO that will be satisfying above mentioned qualities please do , It's Daneel project. Daneel project is an Artificial Intelligence tool that will be giving latest signals,cryptocurrency news, and market analyses reports according to their DEV team.This project has a partnership with IBM which is a large company in the IT industry. If you are interested please check out their ANN thread and find out more details (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2376203). Please do your own research on this, I promise it won't disappoint you. Have a nice day.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
wordspavovv

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:37:08 PM

I was wondering, why a lot of projects don't have such an important thing for a successful ICO as a product.

When a company has a product it means they have it to develop. In such case, a company shows why they need ICO and how the company will be growing. What is more, there is more trust because a company has experience in a field they are working.

For example, KickCity company that exists two years. KickCity an event platform that generates revenue and has a Helsinki government grant. KickCity needs ICO to make business bigger and to become a decentralized platform where every user is rewarded for ticket promotion.

On the other hand, no product ICOs can prove their success just in theory. There is no proof base that product will be developed and will be working right.

In such unstable industry as ICO everything has to be under control. The product is one of the things that shows the campaign is not a scam. That is why I believe it is better to invest in ready-made products ICOs.

Really brooo? Like never invest to Ethereum .. which was a whitepaper and was accepted bitcoin before product... Come on! Don't be lazy, do you research and do not put your money to bad ICO and cry later

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:50:12 PM

I've also heard about this regarding those "multi-level marketing" stuff that has become prevalent these past years. I think it's a bit different with ICOs though, you'd really have to look carefully if there's any worth to their ideas. Since there's no physical product, a lot of people like me are having a hard time discerning what may be promising from those that are truly scam. Since I don't really understand the technical details, hunch plays a part. For example, stuff like STEEM "makes sense" to me.
Bloodseekers

Activity: 745
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:50:33 PM

i agree with you. never invest in ICO if dont have product. because ICO without any working product easy to be scam. But no all ICO without product is scam, maybe initially they dont have it. that;s why the company using ICO ways to collect funds to make their product. Learn about their whitepaper and roadmap. in roadmap they explain about when the product release, when ready to use and etc.
But better if they already have working product first
Oumal

Activity: 542
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:37:44 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but under the concept of any ICO it is understanded that there is something that is not developed yet. Even if the company have a product they still gona need money to either develop it or add any new features (otherwise why do they need money?). In both cases you don't know what will happen with the final version of the product. Even the team is not always guaranteeing a quality of the company. For example I've been looking thru 2 ICOs trying to chose one to invest. The first one had a smaller (but still solid) team and communicated well via telegram while the 2nd ICO had a huge team with multiple levels of support that has been dodging me all the time.
It is important to understand that ICO should me analyzed in many different ways because even the ICOs with a product can still have some unclear things.

Not certainly in that way. If there is already a working product and a development concept, they may need money for faster promotion. And of course depends on the experience in the area in which they work. The country also depends a lot. What laws and how often they change.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: