Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:09:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Never invest no product ICOs  (Read 6751 times)
EvaGC

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:46:21 AM

Can you give me an example of a non-product ICO?
julerz12
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1124

Telegram: @julerz12

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 11:52:08 AM

Can you give me an example of a non-product ICO?

You could check the overwhelming list here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0
There's plenty of those sort of ICO out there. Presenting all the ideas they have without even a demo to support it.
But, from my point of view, even if the Project team already have a working product, a beta or just a demo, it still depends whether their product can actually be used in the crypto-world or just a pure rubbish and out of the box non-sense.

VestRidCr

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:20:29 PM

Totally agree. There should be at least a working prototype with some user base. Plus, now the US government is looking closely into ICO's that didn't have a ready product and sold their tokens. Tezos is being sued for instance.
I am sure that this year among ICO there will be much less scam. Many states already adopt laws which regulate cryptocurrencies and actions with them. And it only beginning.

Tosyn2

Activity: 566

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:51:45 PM

I will agree with you to some extent there are some people that buy an ico because of this hype behind the ico which they will actually make some bulks out of it. But will agree with you that ico with working product trends to last and grow in an organic way.
peach56

Activity: 167
Merit: 59

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:19:20 PM

I completely agree with this statement. It is well known that 90% of all the best top 20 ICO's had a working product going into their crowdsale - do be careful and vigilant before sending ETH somewhere unless you're sure about going with an ICO. Make sure WP and AMA's are all watched and read - research the team too...

cryptodagger

Activity: 224

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:28:13 PM

I was wondering, why a lot of projects don't have such an important thing for a successful ICO as a product.

When a company has a product it means they have it to develop. In such case, a company shows why they need ICO and how the company will be growing. What is more, there is more trust because a company has experience in a field they are working.

For example, KickCity company that exists two years. KickCity an event platform that generates revenue and has a Helsinki government grant. KickCity needs ICO to make business bigger and to become a decentralized platform where every user is rewarded for ticket promotion.

On the other hand, no product ICOs can prove their success just in theory. There is no proof base that product will be developed and will be working right.

In such unstable industry as ICO everything has to be under control. The product is one of the things that shows the campaign is not a scam. That is why I believe it is better to invest in ready-made products ICOs.
A successful ICO will always have a good working product,ICOs without any product/services are morelikely will try to raise money and then will fail at the end.It is normally to consider the ICO's product and development team before getting involve with them because if you dont do some research you might ended up getting rekt,or scam.Investing ICOs has more risk than trading your money in a volatile market or mining alteast.

boonsterx

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:30:11 PM

Yes an ICO without a product will be a very risky venture. There must be at least a minimum viable product and a proof of concept before I would invest.

Not many company would have a product that is already generating revenue before launching ICO. If a revenue generating product is already available, then i would go all in for the ICO as it has proven a business case for the ICO.

However there are some ICO that can do very well despite having no product before the ICO. You will need to evaluate whether the dev team is capable of delivering the product as per the timeline in their roadmap. You can infer this from the dev team resume as well as from the conversation in the telegram group

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:32:14 PM

Also because it is quite easy to create a token and put up a fancy website with a copied whitepaper and a roadmap it can be too easy to fool people into investing in an ICO, and with nothing tangible it does leave the whole ICO process open to massive scam attempts.
handy_hotdog

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:09:09 PM

I agree with this, I only invest into an ICO where I can see and look around their product, that way I can see what are the flaws, the bonuses etc. Of course everything else needs to be there, but it is a massive bonus.
beetlejam

Activity: 226

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:57:41 PM

I completely agree with this. The most recent ICO that I invested in is Crowdholding and they are a really great project. I would advise everyone to follow this advice.

https://www.crowdholding.com
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:33:27 PM

Totally agree. There should be at least a working prototype with some user base. Plus, now the US government is looking closely into ICO's that didn't have a ready product and sold their tokens. Tezos is being sued for instance.
I am sure that this year among ICO there will be much less scam. Many states already adopt laws which regulate cryptocurrencies and actions with them. And it only beginning.

Finally only the best and honest projects will survive. They will let their investors to earn money and give us additional profits and ways to earn a bit. For instants, students can earn their pocket money taking part in Bounty programs, and doing it they will understand how the cryptomarket works.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:48:37 PM

Finally only the best and honest projects will survive. They will let their investors to earn money and give us additional profits and ways to earn a bit. For instants, students can earn their pocket money taking part in Bounty programs, and doing it they will understand how the cryptomarket works.

I agree with you. Also, I would like to see ICO market more transparent and professional
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:42:07 PM

I agree with you. Also, I would like to see ICO market more transparent and professional
I'm pretty sure that there'll always be a bunch of shitty ICOs in this market. It's too easy to set one up after all. But they will lose a lot of attention in the long run as markets mature and people realize that throwing money around blindly can't be sustainable.
jamesdean35

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:47:17 PM

the most important thing ICOs project is reliable or not. Because if one ICO is only theroic it has to die one day. Before invest you should search all thing about it.

flashmark

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:51:44 PM

Yes. Better to invest in ICOs Which has products. But that doesn't mean all the other ICOs scam. There are some projects which has no product at ICO stage but they have good vision, good plan and team. I think those ICOs also good to invest.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:26:18 AM

Yes. Better to invest in ICOs Which has products. But that doesn't mean all the other ICOs scam. There are some projects which has no product at ICO stage but they have good vision, good plan and team. I think those ICOs also good to invest.

well that is a very interesting opinion
Lama_in_da_house

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:38:32 PM

I agree, actually. I would invest only with product ICOs
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:53:32 PM

I agree, actually. I would invest only with product ICOs

do you already invested some?
phelbaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:00:26 PM

A few of them are really working on a product  to help their platform to grow and i think investing on such ICO IS the best.
itsv

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 03:00:40 PM

yea definately ICO's which have a  product or prototype live worth a shot. Secondly check for the team and their linkedin profile to get an idea if the team is capable of handling such project ...i.e do they have some sort of past experience.  Lastly check icobench or anyother ico listing site to look for ratings and token supply and funding goals.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: