Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:46:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Extremecoin (EXC) - MANDATORY UPGRADE VERSION 1.5 (Kimoto Gravity Well)  (Read 97193 times)
blockjoe

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:51:32 PM

One of the best alternate released in the last 6 months.

This coin has still a solid value. Some coins are released for a quick pump and dump, other are there to be strong and last forever.

Extremecoin is one of the alternate that will last. That was discussed, lately , the daily cost of this coin is low, we will not see this one sink. Extremecoin is a good investment.

I agree - One of the best alternate out there; We see new coins every day now, how many died? This one is still there, and will increase in popularity.

I've bought some on BTER lately - Great coin +1.

Bter is great exchange and have some support here....

This one is a good long term investment. Some new coins died very quickly... We must choose carefully the right ones...

The interest is still growing; Long term thinking is the key for a good coin.

+1.

A very good coin; I like to mix good alternate that has prove itself; with new ones...  Extremecoin is worth, I've some for some time now. And it continue slowly but always increase.

We have now a huge number of new coins released now, a lot are meaningless... I'm sure to have careful chosen for this one.

Having the best coins in his portfolio is now quite impossible... Anyway there so much useless new coins released... Extremecoin is the one....

Most alternates decrease a lot this one is still solid. Good; A reliable one...

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oneway

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:07:39 PM

One of the best alternate released in the last 6 months.

This coin has still a solid value. Some coins are released for a quick pump and dump, other are there to be strong and last forever.

Extremecoin is one of the alternate that will last. That was discussed, lately , the daily cost of this coin is low, we will not see this one sink. Extremecoin is a good investment.

I agree - One of the best alternate out there; We see new coins every day now, how many died? This one is still there, and will increase in popularity.

I've bought some on BTER lately - Great coin +1.

Bter is great exchange and have some support here....

This one is a good long term investment. Some new coins died very quickly... We must choose carefully the right ones...

The interest is still growing; Long term thinking is the key for a good coin.

+1.

A very good coin; I like to mix good alternate that has prove itself; with new ones...  Extremecoin is worth, I've some for some time now. And it continue slowly but always increase.

We have now a huge number of new coins released now, a lot are meaningless... I'm sure to have careful chosen for this one.

Having the best coins in his portfolio is now quite impossible... Anyway there so much useless new coins released... Extremecoin is the one....

Most alternates decrease a lot this one is still solid. Good; A reliable one...

We have too many useless new coins releases, and the Mt GOX issue don't help; A lot of people want to try a new coin for a quick pump and dump, some make money; but most don't... Anyway a coin must have a support on the long term.
oneway

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:20:36 AM

This coin is around for some time, and it is well supported, do you know new exchange that want to support it?
nofall

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:19:50 PM

This coin is around for some time, and it is well supported, do you know new exchange that want to support it?

I hope so; I see most of the alternates decreasing; this one is still my best investment.
roundmaster

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:42:59 PM

I hope so; I see most of the alternates decreasing; this one is still my best investment.

Whales are not on this coin, anyway we may choose for a short term investment, most new coins are released for this purpose, or long term; I hope extremcoin will be good long term investment. I see now moon, this other coin seem to be quite dead...
nofall

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:21:17 AM

Whales are not on this coin, anyway we may choose for a short term investment, most new coins are released for this purpose, or long term; I hope extremcoin will be good long term investment. I see now moon, this other coin seem to be quite dead...

I own other coins too. Anyway the rush to new coins, that are for most other premined (42, AuroraCoin...), where we see a huge pump at beginning, and we know what happened after this stage. Good coins are still difficult to find.
amarian12

Activity: 619
Merit: 501

https://www.massict.com/

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 11:21:55 AM

Here is another connected node on the P2Pool network, Slowly but surely becoming your one stop P2Pool destination.

There is no registration required, visit the site http://e-pool.net for mining information.!

cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://p2pool.e-pool.net:8970 -u YourWalletAddress -p password

Feel free to use this mail epool.net@gmail.com to send a message.

PS: we also have facebook page :  https://www.facebook.com/epoolnet

Happy mining!

Imagine a future where IT infrastructures monitor themselves, are able to predict and respond to future business needs and can protect and heal themselves automatically.
zakari18

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:31:26 PM

Can someone please help, my wallet won't complete syncing...I'm stuck at 32699 Sad
I have the 1.5v, removed all files except wallet.dat, and reopened wallet.
Help please.
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:50:14 PM

ok, finally got my wallet to sync  Cool - looks like I had started down the wrong chain and so the wallet got stuck and was unable to complete.

The following is a quick guide to anyone else who is unable to get their wallets to sync: (Use at your own risk - but hey - it worked for me!)

----

0. Close down the EXC wallet

1. Go to C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Extremecoin

2. Delete all of the files EXCEPT wallet.dat (!!!DO NOT DELETE THIS ONE!!!) << I'm not kidding - don't.

3. Now the only file you should have left in the Extremecoin directory is the wallet.dat file

4. Create a new extremecoin.conf file in this directoy next to your wallet.dat file C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Extremecoin\extremecoin.conf

5. Inside that file place the following text:

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=26666
server=1
connect=31.193.130.77
connect=78.251.35.36

6. Once you have done all of this you should have 2 files in C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Extremecoin

• wallet.dat
  • extremecoin.conf

(Window users: Make sure the extremecoin.conf is actually named extremecoin.conf and is not hiding a .txt file extension like this: extremecoin.conf.txt << this is wrong!)

7. Run the extremecoin-qt_V_1.5.exe file and the wallet will start re-downloading the EXC blockchain from the correct source (It does not actually take that long!)

8. As long as you did not delete your wallet.dat file in step 2 you balance should build up again until the wallet is up-to-date

-----

IMPORTANT:

This will limit you to downloading the block chain from these two (correct) nodes only:

connect=31.193.130.77
connect=78.251.35.36

You should NOT leave these two lines in the config indefinitely. You need to be able to connect to any/all valid EXC node for the system to work correctly/securely. It will however allow you to sync your client to the current date. (Check Help->Debug window for sync status)

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
blockjoe

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:08:52 PM

Height: 32699 is the last block available at the time of the post, Some coins require patience, anyway it works well.
allcrypt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 01:01:36 AM

Height: 32699 is the last block available at the time of the post, Some coins require patience, anyway it works well.

If thats the last block available then everyone shut down their wallets, because it hasnt gone past there in 16+ hours.

I'm trying the method just posted about getting past there, if it doesnt work, we're removing Extremecoin from AllCrypt.com as it's obviously dead.

AllCrypt.com - Your new CryptoCurrency Exchange Now Open! www.AllCrypt.com
allcrypt

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 01:05:53 AM

Well that was quick. Synced to 32699 then died. Even using the connect= lines in a post a few back.

We will try again in 24 hours. If no progress, we'll have to remove the coin.

blockjoe

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:29:06 AM

Well that was quick. Synced to 32699 then died. Even using the connect= lines in a post a few back.

The coin may require a little more hash rate some day, anyway this harmless.
roundmaster

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:32:14 AM

+1.

Most coins need patience; and now the market is not easy. Anyway EXC is still solid.
CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:51:06 AM

I am going to be adding a second dedicated add node and over this weekend, due to the amount of new clients EXC is getting each day. If AllScrypt.com read this, can you try downloading the block chain again but just use the main seed node and delete the peers file.

If the block count matches the block explorer but still says that it is out of sync that is normal if the current block is taking longer than the target time to be found.

This coin needs more dedicated miners to keep the blocks being found steady, 1 coin per block might not sound like much but at the moment the tread for EXC is that it retains its value even when Bitcoin increases in value and is getting more rare with each passing day so at the moment I feel that Extremecoin could be a good investment coin, I have even bought some EXC to help support growth and as I believe in what I am developing.
roundmaster

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:08:14 AM

I am going to be adding a second dedicated add node and over this weekend, due to the amount of new clients EXC is getting each day. If AllScrypt.com read this, can you try downloading the block chain again but just use the main seed node and delete the peers file.

If the block count matches the block explorer but still says that it is out of sync that is normal if the current block is taking longer than the target time to be found.

This coin needs more dedicated miners to keep the blocks being found steady, 1 coin per block might not sound like much but at the moment the tread for EXC is that it retains its value even when Bitcoin increases in value and is getting more rare with each passing day so at the moment I feel that Extremecoin could be a good investment coin, I have even bought some EXC to help support growth and as I believe in what I am developing.

Thanks for the support. It maybe wise to increase the lastblock found timeout, anyway this coin is not dumped by multipool like algorithm, and this is by itself a good thing. The hashrate issue may also be circumvent by adding a POS processing stage;blackcoin is a good example with a very low inflation rate, but a doesn't have the history and the long term operation that we have found in Extremecoin. Long life to Extremecoin!
Makitaki

Activity: 103

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:37:40 PM

First of all, I could be wrong in my guess (as I'm not an expert in crypto) so I apologize if it's really so, but I think there seems to be a problem with the EXC block chain. I have everything added as recommended in my conf file, and the wallet starts and syncs properly but after some minutes it constantly gets stuck like shown on this picture:

If I understand correctly, EXC still has two chains because BTER (?) did not update their fucking wallet and they are on the older and at the same time longer chain while the official chain (CoinEX) is shorter. Am I right?

CaptChadd, don't you think you should finally do something about this? Something like either do the longer chain official or block all the old wallet versions entirely and make everyone update their wallets if they want to use EXC? This situation doesn't do any good to your coin, as I for one am afraid to move any EXC to any exchange because I just can lose my coins during this TX.
CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:07:18 PM

Yes I am going to be doing something about it, I am never going to stop supporting or developing this coin.

Version 1.6 is going to be released, which I am working on now, which will improve the KGW code, as the difficulty retarget is too high, add in some checkpoints to protect everyones coins and I am going to have to make it so that everyone is forced to use Version 1.6

I will also be purchasing a second dedicated server to act as another seed node now that we have more EXC users.

The website will also be getting an overhaul, making the look slicker and adding a lot more information / links to help new users get up and running faster.
allcrypt

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 08:09:53 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 08:52:01 PM by allcrypt

The coin may require a little more hash rate some day, anyway this harmless.

Its not harmless at all! I have users pissed off their deposits and withdrawals don't work because the blockchain never moves.

Thats like the complete opposite of harmless.

allcrypt

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 08:51:43 PM

Stopped the wallet.

Deleted everything but the wallet.dat.

Made a new conf file with connect=31.193.130.77 (so its ALL I connected to)

Started the wallet.

Died at 32758 again.

As an experiement I removed the connect and changed it to addnode. Restarted. Now I have 4 connections.

And have been at 32758 for 35 minutes now.

"version" : 1050000,
    "protocolversion" : 60001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 32758,
    "connections" : 1,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 6.71355536,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1393908238,
    "keypoolsize" : 97,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00010000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "unlocked_until" : 0,
    "errors" : ""

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: