Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:40:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain just announced the AntMiner A3 - 815GH/s Siacoin miner - Blake(2b)  (Read 12712 times)
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:52:20 PM

This is nuts, I had the exact same issue for about 8am-9am PST. The miner had run completely fine the entire time I had it running until that little blip. I tried resetting and restarting everything but after around 9:15am it went completely back to normal.

Not sure how to post a screenshot otherwise I would
Apparently it was all of them for what pool operators are saying. This A3 show is getting more and more crazy everyday.
Darknicks

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:04:13 PM

I think it was probably a pool overload or ddos attack as some gpu miners also reported loss in hash rate about at the same time. Probably a good idea to spear the hash between luxor(gulp), f2pool(double gulp) and siamining Sad

I tried Luxor and the same thing was happening.

@VoskCoin

I don't have any sources. But it looked like they were doing something weird
I can confirm that... It looks like they were attempted something and it was coordinated...
The spiked drop in Hash rate on the entire network is dramatic. It wasn't pool specific.

Not all A3s are mining on the same pool though, if there was some coordinated attack that affected A3s, that would affect the whole network

It affected various pools. Not only SiaMining Pool.
I tried Luxor and it was affected as well.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:37:28 PM

I think it was probably a pool overload or ddos attack as some gpu miners also reported loss in hash rate about at the same time. Probably a good idea to spear the hash between luxor(gulp), f2pool(double gulp) and siamining Sad

I tried Luxor and the same thing was happening.

@VoskCoin

I don't have any sources. But it looked like they were doing something weird
I can confirm that... It looks like they were attempted something and it was coordinated...
The spiked drop in Hash rate on the entire network is dramatic. It wasn't pool specific.

Not all A3s are mining on the same pool though, if there was some coordinated attack that affected A3s, that would affect the whole network
That's what I am saying.  The Drop was across the entire network. "It Wasn't pool specific "

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
mikeauerbach

Activity: 65
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:22:22 PM

Hey so I've got mine hooked up and boards 1 & 2 are runnning fine, but board 3 is not hashing anything.. Someone told me to flash the firmware but I don't see the A3 firmware up on Bitmains site. Any ideas? I've tried resetting it twice now. Tip for who can!!!
Shutdown the miner, wait 5 min and power up for test it.
or restore factory defaults --> press reset button for 10 or 15 seconds
Ugh now that same problem just popped up again. Tried this restart method again and not fixed. I Guess I'll let it run then let it cool off for 45 min and try that same process again. :/
kibako

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:08:48 AM

Do you guys even understand how blockchain works I mean you bought miners right lol,

the devs have no more power then you or the miners if they want to apply a new algo hard fork or soft work we all have to adopt it and upload it and get the latest release of their wallet. All that talk on bitcointalk is a bunch of miner that dont even understand what they are mining lol.  bunch of baloney you all think there is some magic button that can be pressed to invalidate A3's well guess what if anyone had that power it would be bitmain sneaking something in the firmware, its sad because it probably defective hardware from bitmain possible a memory leak, or firmware issue, but they will blame SIA because its an easy taget with all that's going on in the community
Boneyg001

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:40:11 AM

What model PSU's are people using that dont have a AP3++?

110 USA power.

Bitmain APW3++ and 120V here.

how does it work? Lot's of hardware errors? I hear it needs 1500 watts/
Darknicks

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:49:40 AM

well guess what if anyone had that power it would be bitmain sneaking something in the firmware, its sad because it probably defective hardware from bitmain possible a memory leak, or firmware issue, but they will blame SIA because its an easy taget with all that's going on in the community

Yeah because all A3's in different parts of the world will fail at the same time. lol
You have no idea of what you're talking about.

Sia Devs said they will fork to invalidate the A3's. It's really easy. They just have to install the new client version (that has the fork implemented) in the top mining pools. All the miners that are connected to that mining pool would be mining in the new forked chain and if there were A3's connected to that pool, guess what would happen: just what we saw today. I'm pretty sure they were testing it today.
BenRickert

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:53:22 AM

Do you guys even understand how blockchain works I mean you bought miners right lol,

the devs have no more power then you or the miners if they want to apply a new algo hard fork or soft work we all have to adopt it and upload it and get the latest release of their wallet. All that talk on bitcointalk is a bunch of miner that dont even understand what they are mining lol.  bunch of baloney you all think there is some magic button that can be pressed to invalidate A3's well guess what if anyone had that power it would be bitmain sneaking something in the firmware, its sad because it probably defective hardware from bitmain possible a memory leak, or firmware issue, but they will blame SIA because its an easy taget with all that's going on in the community
Ahhhh so all knowing "block chain expert". You're saying there was a simultaneous software failure across all working A3's today that also dragged the GPU hashrate down with it?? At least we admit we are not experts instead of saying something stupid like you from your high horse of authority and prove that you know very little.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
kibako

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:58:54 AM

well guess what if anyone had that power it would be bitmain sneaking something in the firmware, its sad because it probably defective hardware from bitmain possible a memory leak, or firmware issue, but they will blame SIA because its an easy taget with all that's going on in the community

Yeah because all A3's in different parts of the world will fail at the same time. lol

Sia Devs said they will fork to invalidate the A3's. It's really easy. They just have to install the new client version (that has the fork implemented) in the top mining pools. All the miners that are connected to that mining pool would be mining in the new forked chain and if there were A3's connected to that pool, guess what would happen: just what we saw today. I'm pretty sure they were testing it today.

The same problem happen with f2pool in china, sia has no contact or affiliation with them so no they were not testing IT today
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:02:32 AM

FWIW here's my take on the soft / hard fork siacoin debate as well as my 24 hour profits on my antminer a3 + featured one of the comments in this thread xD

https://youtu.be/aII0FfKsU5U

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
BenRickert

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:12:54 AM

The same problem happen with f2pool in china, sia has no contact or affiliation with them so no they were not testing IT today
WTF are you stunned?? IT'S NOT A POOL ISSUE!! The whole fucking NETWORK dumped today! Look at the chart. NOT FUCKING POOL RELATED!!

Darknicks

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:20:06 AM

What model PSU's are people using that dont have a AP3++?

110 USA power.

Bitmain APW3++ and 120V here.

how does it work? Lot's of hardware errors? I hear it needs 1500 watts/

Mine is running fine. It doesn't need 1,500 watts. Did you try to reboot?
How many HW errors you're getting?
Darknicks

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:21:22 AM

Other pools were not affected. Just because f2pool was affected as well it doesn't mean that it was the entire network
jchi2210

Activity: 442
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:25:01 AM

I was able to get mine up and running earlier today. Its running pretty good right now. Just wondering though, should I keep the coins I mine and wait for Sia to go up later in the year? It seems like once ASICs kill a network the price for the coin skyrockets. I'm getting my second one in tomorrow.

Also just curious to see if anyone is mining directly to Bittrex? I saw that someone was but I haven't received my first payout yet and I need to figure out if I need to setup the Sia wallet or not.

Halo Platform is one of the fastest Blockchains I've seen yet. They have FREE transactions. 250 Millisecond Block speeds. Smart contracts, Masternodes, blockchain games, and their own high speed DEX with BTC/ETH/USDC pairs. Similar to ETH, Waves, EOS, and more yet with only $1 million mcap. This video showcases the speed and reliability of the blockchain using the DEX, Masternodes (that will soon payout in BTC and ETH), blockchain games, and more! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74d3ixX7E8&feature=youtu.be
Darknicks

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:35:37 AM

Also just curious to see if anyone is mining directly to Bittrex? I saw that someone was but I haven't received my first payout yet and I need to figure out if I need to setup the Sia wallet or not.

Yes, I'm mining to Bittrex.
jchi2210

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:10:16 AM

Yes, I'm mining to Bittrex.

How long does it take to credit to your wallet? I noticed that Bittrex hasn't updated their block in over an hour and a half for Sia

Halo Platform is one of the fastest Blockchains I've seen yet. They have FREE transactions. 250 Millisecond Block speeds. Smart contracts, Masternodes, blockchain games, and their own high speed DEX with BTC/ETH/USDC pairs. Similar to ETH, Waves, EOS, and more yet with only $1 million mcap. This video showcases the speed and reliability of the blockchain using the DEX, Masternodes (that will soon payout in BTC and ETH), blockchain games, and more! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74d3ixX7E8&feature=youtu.be
SkyLakeMine

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:14:18 AM

How long does it take to credit to your wallet? I noticed that Bittrex hasn't updated their block in over an hour and a half for Sia

Using other exchanges...
For Poloniex still waiting on deposit for 4 hours. Nothing even pending even after confirmed on network.
For HitBTC I see deposit pending about 1 hour after siamining site sent. Still waiting for deposit to complete.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:19:18 AM

Support me on the decred redit. Let's push the decred community to soft fork to defend itself against the obelisk dcr1 miner. The SIA development team have proven themselves untrustworthy. Who knows what they will do with all that decred asic hardware?! They will probably 51% attack the network! I heard that they sold 1 million miners!

https://www.reddit.com/r/decred/comments/7st4fw/obelisk_51_attack_is_coming/

jchi2210

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:21:56 AM

Using other exchanges...
For Poloniex still waiting on deposit for 4 hours. Nothing even pending even after confirmed on network.
For HitBTC I see deposit pending about 1 hour after siamining site sent. Still waiting for deposit to complete.

Which block explorer are you using? I can't get Sia block explorer to work.

Darknicks

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:26:15 AM

6 confirmations
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: